Bruno
04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_louis_amundson.jpg
Born: Dec 7, 1982
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 238 lbs. / 108.0 kg.
College: UNLV
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/louis_amundson/career_stats.html)

exstatic
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
He has no game. If he didn't have Nash and Dragic positively SPOON feeding him, I don't think he'd ever score.

No pony tails.

toki9
08-07-2010, 03:50 PM
He seems to have a bit of nasty streak in him. Thought he was pretty good for Phoenix this year, but would love to hear from those who actually followed Phoenix more closely. Could he possibly play defensive 3? Or is he too slow/big?

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 06:35 PM
He seems to have a bit of nasty streak in him. Thought he was pretty good for Phoenix this year, but would love to hear from those who actually followed Phoenix more closely. Could he possibly play defensive 3? Or is he too slow/big?

I'm pretty sure he's a straight-up 4, but if there's actually any desire on the FO's part to get an end-of-the-bench insurance big, we could do waaaaay worse IMO. Guy hustles his ass off, ponytail notwithstanding.

Bruno
08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Almost everybody got a lot of money this summer. Only a couple of players like Rasual Butler or Matt Barnes haven't been able to secure a big contract. It's surprising toe see Amundson not getting a big contract after some solid seasons.

toki9
08-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Almost everybody got a lot of money this summer. Only a couple of players like Rasual Butler or Matt Barnes haven't been able to secure a big contract. It's surprising toe see Amundson not getting a big contract after some solid seasons.

It's a little strange that Amundson hasn't signed with anyone yet. He doesn't exactly have an offensive game, but he hustles, doesn't hurt the team, and is a bit of an enforcer. It's a little weird. I think Phoenix fans really liked him.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
During the playoffs, Louis Amundson transcended from the NBA’s All-Undrafted Team (http://dimemag.com/2010/04/the-nba-playoffs-all-undrafted-team/) into a sought after free agent on the open market this summer. And while he was hoping he could have stayed in the Valley of the Sun, the signings of Hakim Warrick and Channing Frye have him looking for a new home. And according to Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/07/26/20100726phoenix-suns-amundson-lopez.html), that could very well be with the Bobcats, Warriors or Raptors.

“It’s too bad Phoenix didn’t value me enough to keep me around,” Amundson said. “I felt like it was a great situation and I gave everything I have. It’s a business and I’m trying to have a thick skin.”
“We’re talking pretty seriously with a lot of teams,” said Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, who represents another free-agent big man (Mark Blount) that has the Suns’ interest. “He’s the best big on the market.”
Of those three teams, you have to think that Amundson would thrive the most playing for the Warriors. In an uptempo system much like Phoenix, his gritty style of play would be welcomed – especially with the loss of Ronny Turiaf. Also, although his minutes would be limited, he could be a solid contributor for the Bobcats.

http://dimemag.com/2010/07/nba-rumor-louis-amundson-to-bobcats-warriors-or-raptors/

Em-City
08-07-2010, 10:24 PM
we shoulda def. taken amundson over bonner

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 11:21 PM
we shoulda def. taken amundson over bonner

I'm a fan, but to be fair, his skillset is redundant with that of our other bigs as far as rebounding and post D go. At least Bonner brings something unique to the table -- if at a higher-than-expected cost.

Off topic, but I didn't realize how big-crazy PHX had gotten until I looked at their roster tonight. And how nuts is it that they're willing to part with Amundsen because they're after Blount? That is going to be a weird team to watch next season.

toki9
08-07-2010, 11:25 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/07/nba-rumor-louis-amundson-to-bobcats-warriors-or-raptors/

Doh! I really liked his attitude on the court, sort of like Kurt Thomas without the crazy eyes. It seems like the Spurs don't really have someone like him anymore.

toki9
08-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm a fan, but to be fair, his skillset is redundant with that of our other bigs as far as rebounding and post D go. At least Bonner brings something unique to the table -- if at a higher-than-expected cost.

Off topic, but I didn't realize how big-crazy PHX had gotten until I looked at their roster tonight. And how nuts is it that they're willing to part with Amundsen because they're after Blount? That is going to be a weird team to watch next season.

I think Phoenix will be more interesting to watch for their off-court/front office drama than their on-court play this year.

ElNono
08-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Ponytail douche is a hustle kid, but he doesn't really stand out in any particular skill set.

admiralsnackbar
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Ponytail douche is a hustle kid, but he doesn't really stand out in any particular skill set.

Neither did Mark Madsen and that goofy bastard got a ring (while actually getting Finals PT! :lol) and a long career just for being an uncoordinated pest! Jus' sayin'... I'd rather have a ponytail douche rounding out a bench than a ponyboy Mahrman.

ElNono
08-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Neither did Mark Madsen and that goofy bastard got a ring (while actually getting Finals PT! :lol) and a long career just for being an uncoordinated pest! Jus' sayin'... I'd rather have a ponytail douche rounding out a bench than a ponyboy Mahrman.

Lots of guys coattail to a ring... but really, the only reason Admunson is in the league is his hustle. He's definitely in the Madsen/Scalabrine territory.

admiralsnackbar
08-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Lots of guys coattail to a ring... but really, the only reason Admunson is in the league is his hustle. He's definitely in the Madsen/Scalabrine territory.

Agreed. He's a third-stringer, but good by those modest standards, I think.

JMarkJohns
08-08-2010, 01:13 AM
He'd be a good get. He's a blocks machine (and fouls)... not so much for rebounding, but he hustles on defense and the boards (gets most through hustle, as his box-out skills are poor). But as a help defender, in 20+ minutes he'll give you 2 blocks. Poor-mans Chris Anderson.

Chieflion
08-08-2010, 02:35 AM
He'd be a good get. He's a blocks machine (and fouls)... not so much for rebounding, but he hustles on defense and the boards (gets most through hustle, as his box-out skills are poor). But as a help defender, in 20+ minutes he'll give you 2 blocks. Poor-mans Chris Anderson.

I still remember him knocking the holy shit out of Matt Bonner. When you mean poor man's Chris Andersen, do you mean a poor man's version of a thug? Cause he looks like it.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2010, 05:06 AM
He's got one of the best second jumps in the league, but I don't know what else.

Em-City
08-08-2010, 10:36 PM

I retract my statement.... I accidentally got him confused with Jared Dudley!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol