Bruno
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_keith_bogans.jpg
Born: May 12, 1980
Height: 6-5 / 1.96
Weight: 215 lbs. / 97.5 kg.
College: Kentucky
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/keith_bogans/career_stats.html)

This thread is to talk about Bogans free agent status. For the rest of the Bogans' talk, please use the "Current Spur: Keith Bogans" (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148360) thread.

SPURSCHAMP
04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
he can sometimes play good or somtimes fuck balls.

yourtehclay
04-19-2010, 05:32 AM
I can see the Spurs keeping him. He's really not that bad a player to have sitting on the bench. The hope is that the Spurs acquire better, more reliable players to have him slide down the depth chart.

Hopefully this doesn't become Finley all over again.

coyotes_geek
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
As long as he's willing to play for what he's playing for now, he's welcome back in my opinion.

ace3g
04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I hate this every year Pop seems to find those 1 or 2 vets that he thinks deserve more playing time over rookies that are clearly better than them. From Udoka, Bogans, Mason, Vaughn, etc; and all these players are always 6'5 or shorter. Why can't Pop find a vet that doesn't deserve playing time that is 6'7 or taller? These 6'5 tall players that Pop loves so much get killed on the defensive end and are forecast for drought on the offensive end.

So please Pop, no more Bogans, Udoka, Mason type players.

DesignatedT
04-19-2010, 11:45 PM
let him walk.

mountainballer
04-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Spurs are very limited when MLE is given to Splitter.
they very likely would need to re place Bogans by a minimum player and it will be hard to find a better player for that money. (they could even offer Bogans slightly more than minimum with the No-Bird rule, if another teams offers him the vet. minimum)

Danny.Zhu
04-20-2010, 03:50 AM
I think a vet min is not enough to keep him.

Darkwaters
04-20-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm a fan of keeping Bogans on board for the minimum. However, I agree with the concern that Bogans becomes the new Finley/Vaughn. Still, you can't complain with his production compared to salary.

Doe
04-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Unfortunately I think he will stay. It wouldn't be a bad thing if he's picking splinters out of his ass the whole season but I think he might be the new Finley. Also the Spurs will probably need a few more Bogans to fill out the roster.

Assuming they add Splitter, draft pick, and maybe one or two of the D-League guys, that will be way too many rookies/inexperienced players for Pop.

rudwick
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I would rather sign someone like Marcus Williams. We need to be
developing young talent to take over in a couple of years.

Darkwaters
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I would rather sign someone like Marcus Williams. We need to be
developing young talent to take over in a couple of years.

Seriously? Marcus Williams? Haven't we been down that road enough times already? And don't we have enough youth at the wing?

Alonzo Gee. Malik Hairston. Garrett Temple. George Hill. And very possibly a SF in the 1st round. No, I think a veteran backup like Bogans is very desirable in this instance.