PDA

View Full Version : Home Court Advantage!!!

Xylus
04-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I've raised 4 beers tonight in celebration of the Phoenix Suns' fantastic 2nd-half-of-the-season performance, with more drinks to follow. No one thought this team would sniff a top-4 seed this season, including me, but here we are.

If the Suns win tomorrow night, they most likely face the Blazers (without Roy, Przybilla, Oden, etc.).
If the Suns lose tomorrow night, they most likely face the Nuggets (who the Suns have owned all season long).

Since I know some of you are going to try and bring me down, all I gotta say is this: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, BITCHES!!

Have a great night, y'all. (http://www.twitvid.com/ITDUX)

milkshakeballa
04-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Congrats Xylus! :toast

DOK - even though I know you are fed up with ownership....you have to be pretty proud with how your team has played this season.

Amare = :wow:wow:wow

AnthonyM
04-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Only 4 beers?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah I am. It actually makes me more fed up with ownership, if they supposedly knew this team was as good as it is, why didn't they use Ben Wallace's and Sasha Pavlovic's expiring contracts to go out and get a guy like Iguodala who would fit a ton of needs on this team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 01:56 AM
home court advantage, faggot

Killakobe81
04-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Props as i said in the game thread they look good, real good ...I think they can do some damage but lack of Lopez is a concern ...

JMarkJohns
04-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah I am. It actually makes me more fed up with ownership, if they supposedly knew this team was as good as it is, why didn't they use Ben Wallace's and Sasha Pavlovic's expiring contracts to go out and get a guy like Iguodala who would fit a ton of needs on this team.

Yep... The frontoffice has made so many small mistakes coupled with a few big ones the past two/three years that it's hard to congratulate them. They could easily have been top-2, if not challenging Los Angeles for tops in the West... and no, I'm not joking.

Dex
04-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Suns have been on a tear after the All-Star Break. They could be a very dangerous team in the playoffs with Amare berserking in the paint like he has been.

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
HCA in:

Epic Fail :D

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
HCA in:

Try again you Canadian sack of shit. They didn't have HCA in 2008.

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Try again you Canadian sack of shit. They didn't have HCA in 2008.
Ooops

I meant 2010

Soon to be epic fail

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Ooops

I meant 2010

Soon to be epic fail

Yes, being the 4th seed and losing in the 2nd round is epic fail.....

HCA for the Spurs

Epic fail

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM

HCA for the Spurs

Epic fail

1999 :lobt2:

GTFO

Girasuck
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM
I've been reading some articles out of Phoenix and they're questioning if the Suns should try and win tonight. Maybe resting some of the key players would be the smarter thing to do cause you guys really have nothing to play for. You already have home court in the first round and would play a Denver team that you've dominated all season. I'd be thrilled to see Nash and Amare in a suit tonight :)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
1999 :lobt2:

GTFO

This isn't about rings. This is about losing when you have HCA, which is something the Spurs seem to do a lot more than the Suns.

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
This isn't about rings. This is about losing when you have HCA, which is something the Spurs seem to do a lot more than the Suns.
Ok :toast

Darthkiller
04-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I've been reading some articles out of Phoenix and they're questioning if the Suns should try and win tonight. Maybe resting some of the key players would be the smarter thing to do cause you guys really have nothing to play for. You already have home court in the first round and would play a Denver team that you've dominated all season. I'd be thrilled to see Nash and Amare in a suit tonight :)

no. if they lose , sure they will sweep the nuggets, but they will likely face the lakers in the 2nd round. if they win, they wont have to face the lakers will wcf(if the lakers get there).

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
:lol the argument here

Cane
04-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Suns playing defense which has shocked the league. Amar'e imo is the 2nd best player in the league right now and better than Dwight at this point although they're almost opposites.

picc84
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Lakers would shut Amare down.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe the most shocking thing about Phoenix this season is Steve Kerr. If not for what John Hammond has done, Steve Kerr would maybe be the favorite for executive of the year. Since D'antoni left and Kerr really had control as GM, he's only done 1 really bad thing, hire Terry Porter, and he wasted no time correcting it once it became clear it was a mistake. Other than that he's done everything right. There are a lot of little things he has done that he doesn't receive credit for, like shedding several bad contracts he inherited when he took over as GM.

nkdlunch
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
sorry but I gotta say... Suns are playing best basketball in the West right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Yeah OK cause they did the last time they played!

JMarkJohns
04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe the most shocking thing about Phoenix this season is Steve Kerr. If not for what John Hammond has done, Steve Kerr would maybe be the favorite for executive of the year. Since D'antoni left and Kerr really had control as GM, he's only done 1 really bad thing, hire Terry Porter, and he wasted no time correcting it once it became clear it was a mistake. Other than that he's done everything right. There are a lot of little things he has done that he doesn't receive credit for, like shedding several bad contracts he inherited when he took over as GM.

He should have traded Shaq at last season's trade deadline for the package of Szczerbiak, Pavlovic and Hickson, instead of insisting West replace Pavlovic, then not making the trade at that time, only to pay more money and not get Hickson in the summer.

Other than this, he's done great, but this is a HUGE error on his part. Hickson off the bench right now and this team kills. Plus they would be under the tax, so they'd have more flexibility for signings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
He should have traded Shaq at last season's trade deadline for the package of Szczerbiak, Pavlovic and Hickson, instead of insisting West replace Pavlovic, then not making the trade at that time, only to pay more money and not get Hickson in the summer.

Other than this, he's done great, but this is a HUGE error on his part. Hickson off the bench right now and this team kills. Plus they would be under the tax, so they'd have more flexibility for signings.

I have a hard time believing that rumor. If Cleveland ever offered that trade to Phoenix, Sarver would have hopped on it like it was a penny on the sidewalk. From what I heard, Cleveland didn't want to trade Wally for Shaq, they wanted Ben Wallace to be the big filler contract.

As far as I'm concerned, Kerr inherited a shit storm when he took over in 2007. The team just lost in the 2nd round, and it had a dickhead of a coach more concerned with showing everyone you can win with bad defense than making the proper adjustments to his philosophy that would lead to playoff success. He had a bunch of bad contracts courtesy of D'antoni and Colangelo (Marion, Banks, Diaw, Bell) that no other team wanted any part of. The one expiring contract that could have been used to bring in an improvement (Kurt Thomas) ended up being something Sarver insisted on trading to get below the luxury tax threshold, and D'antoni force fed that even more because his stubborn, tunnel visioned thinking wanted the 1 interior defender gone so he could show the world you don't need interior defense. To top that all off, he had a fan base that expected a championship in 2008 from a team that didn't make the conference finals a year prior and got worse over the off season.

Here's some good perspective on how impossible Kerr's job was his first year. Mitch Kupchak has an owner willing to spend whatever it took, so he traded Kwame's expiring + LA's 2008 and 2010 first rounder + an overseas prospect + filler for Pau Gasol. Lets say Jerry Buss owned the Suns, and Robert Sarver owned the Lakers. Because of this, the Suns keep draft rights to Rudy Fernandez, and are able to trade Kurt Thomas' expiring + their 2008 and 2010 first round + draft rights to Rudy Fernandez for Pau Gasol. Meanwhile, Sarver wants to get below the luxury tax threshold, so he forces Kupchak to trade Kwame's expiring + their 2008 and 2010 first rounders to Seattle for nothing. I'd say that changes a lot of things.

JMarkJohns
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
The last deal was Szczerbiak included, then waived to re-sign similar to what they did with Ilgauskus this deadline.

Even if the offer was Wallace/filler/Hickson (which was also on the table), Kerr should have made the deal.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Given how badly the Suns had looked without Shaq last year, and given how excited everyone was after Gentry took over and before Amare's eye injury was revealed (this was at the time of the deadline), I don't fault Kerr for keeping the team together. If they traded Shaq, then Amare's injury was revealed, then they completely imploded, Kerr would have needed a witness protection program.

Muser
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM

Are you fucking kidding? Gasol/Bynum turn into huge pussies against players like Amare :lmao

da_suns_fan
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
HCA in:

The IRONY!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol

lefty
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
The IRONY!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol
I meant 2010 :lol

da_suns_fan
04-14-2010, 02:16 PM

HCA for the Spurs

Epic fail

This is the one I remember most. The Lakers and Spurs were destroying everyone and met each other in the WCF. It was incredibly hyped as this colossal showdon. A "Clash of the titans", etc.

Spurs got swept.

Cant recall too many of the others....2006 against the mavs, right?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
This is the one I remember most. The Lakers and Spurs were destroying everyone and met each other in the WCF. It was incredibly hyped as this colossal showdon. A "Clash of the titans", etc.

Spurs got swept.

Cant recall too many of the others....2006 against the mavs, right?

1995 was when Hakeem Olajuwon played the role of JR Smith and David Robinson played the role of JR Smith's dead friend.

1996 was the Jazz just beating a team they were supposed to beat.

2000 was when the Suns beat them. I wouldn't have included that since Duncan was injured (so was J-Kidd for that matter), but Lefty felt the need to include 1993 when Cedric Ceballos was injured and KJ hadn't been healthy all season. It's also a little dumb to include 2005 since everyone considered the Spurs the favorites and JJ was injured. 1995 was a series where Phoenix had HCA and a 3-1 series lead they choked away, idk why lefty didn't include that of all series.

2004 was Derek Fisher's buzzer beater

2009 was them losing to the Mavs again.