PDA

View Full Version : What if the Lakers did trade Bynum for Kidd?

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Do you think the Lakers are better off if they had Kidd rather than Bynum?

Ghazi
04-14-2010, 01:54 AM
trading a young big center for a PG in his 30's would have been irrational, but I think Kidd would perform better than 5.7/3.8 in the playoffs

LMAO 21 Blessings

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Since they made 2 straight NBA finals, and are the defending champs without Bynum doing shit in the playoffs what do you think?
Thats exactly my point. Lakers won last year without having much use for Bynum. This year he's injured again and the Lakers are in need of a true PG.

Kidd
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Looks better than LA's current lineup. That's a straight up defensive team with a playmaking guard that would take the ball away from Kobe's hands. I think players like Gasol and Odom would benefit from its going to lessen Kobe's facilitating duties.

FkLA
04-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Laker fans just curious what would be your reaction to a Bynum-Parker swap?

rhyputa
04-14-2010, 03:18 AM
lol op so obsessed with lakers

Andrew Bynum
04-14-2010, 04:00 AM
I wish Chris Richards would post a picture of himself. I'm dying to see him.

TheManFromAcme
04-14-2010, 05:50 AM
I'll stick it out for 1 more year with Drew. The first 2 injuries were entirely not his fault, so I'll give him that break. This recent one is "iffy" at best.

Kidd, though effective, was even at 34-35 at the twilight of his career. Nice pick up for a couple of years but that's it.

Halberto
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
lol op so obsessed with lakers

Nice diversion from the unfortunate answer.

Of course they would. They paid him way too much for the results they're getting. It seemed like a good idea at one time, but you can bet that the Lakers front office are kicking themselves after paying the luxury tax.

TheManFromAcme
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice diversion from the unfortunate answer.

Of course they would. They paid him way too much for the results they're getting. It seemed like a good idea at one time, but you can bet that the Lakers front office are kicking themselves after paying the luxury tax.

True that. However, there is still time to see what true dividends Andrew will pay out. No one person can summarily just pick out "number of years" to give an athelete to see how well he will develop; you can just speculate. As a couch FO executive I'll give him just one more year. Short of someone running into his knees, if he pulls this "3 months to get over a what is deemed as non-season ending injury", then the Lakers FO really need to reconsider trading him.

I'll be patient and wait. But yeah, I agree. Much to $$ for him at this point.

da_suns_fan
04-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Evidently, everyone forgets that in order to have acquired Kidd, they would have had to have thrown in Kwame Brown.

No Kwame Brown, no Gasol.

The Lakers would be absolute shit right now.

in2deep
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Kidd would have Mbenga looking like Bynum 2.0

adidas11
04-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Jason Kidd would not work well in the same backcourt with Kobe Bryant.

Kobe is a ball dominating type of players, who needs the ball in his hands to dictate the offense. The same applies with Jason Kidd.

The type of point guard needed in the backcourt is one who is a spot up shooter.

LakerHater
04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I think they'd be like D'antoni's Suns!

Muser
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Jason Kidd would not work well in the same backcourt with Kobe Bryant.

Kobe is a ball dominating type of players, who needs the ball in his hands to dictate the offense. The same applies with Jason Kidd.

The type of point guard needed in the backcourt is one who is a spot up shooter.

Yep, Hinrich would of made L.A crazy good.

DJ Mbenga
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Kidd would have Mbenga looking like Bynum 2.0

son, im not that good

hitmanyr2k
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
It would have been a stupid trade. People forget the Lakers didn't even have Gasol yet. LA's main problem was they didn't have a legit frontcourt. Trading Bynum for Kidd doesn't make their frontcourt any better. In fact it makes it that much worse. So now they would have nothing in the paint replaced with an old PG with a shaky jumpshot who would have to share the ball with a SG that constantly needs the ball in his hands. Makes no sense whatsoever. The Lakers would have been murdered on the interior and Kobe would have been screaming "TRADE ME" at the top of his lungs.

adidas11
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Players, especially superstars, have no clue whatsoever when it comes to constructing a competitive team in the NBA. Sure, they want certain players on their team. But they don't understand what makes a good and balanced team to win a title (or at least move in that direction)

Bynum, when healthy, has been a solid player for the Lakers. He doesn't need to turn out to be some type of superstar. But all of the Bynum haters will be bitching when our team is not able to dominate the paint, grab rebounds, block shots, and defend opposing post players without him.

sefant77
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Evidently, everyone forgets that in order to have acquired Kidd, they would have had to have thrown in Kwame Brown.

No Kwame Brown, no Gasol.

The Lakers would be absolute shit right now.

This.

After that Kobe cried out loud for JO.

Imagine the Lakers with JO but no Bynum and Gasol. I guess Kobe wouldnt be there anymore after another trade demanding. He almost fucked up the Lakers for years.

namlook
04-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I wish Chris Richards would post a picture of himself. I'm dying to see him.

He did.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XTmpRKhr-hw/SkuMfKkT7OI/AAAAAAAAf6Q/D7ALXdHI30g/s320/Transvestite.jpg

TheManFromAcme
04-15-2010, 05:54 AM
He did.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XTmpRKhr-hw/SkuMfKkT7OI/AAAAAAAAf6Q/D7ALXdHI30g/s320/Transvestite.jpg

:lol

peteee
04-15-2010, 06:31 AM
This.

After that Kobe cried out loud for JO.

Imagine the Lakers with JO but no Bynum and Gasol. I guess Kobe wouldnt be there anymore after another trade demanding. He almost fucked up the Lakers for years.
Without Gasol the Lakers would be just like what they were during the 3 years recession from Shaq's departure till Gasol's arrival, during which they didn't even make the 2nd round for one time.

peteee
04-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Now it's safe to say Fisher is a weak stave on Lakers squad and also the only one in their starting 5 probably, but it doesn't mean a Bynum for Kidd swap would better them off. Without Bynum they would have literally zero center than can hold the paint, Gasol is more of a PF and he doesn't have any physical quality to avail when he fights guys with more muscle than fat, like Perkins whom he got curbstomped by in 08 finals.

peteee
04-15-2010, 06:45 AM
the simple truth is you can't win shit in playoffs if your paint is totally infused with soft butts and frail pussies. Maybe you can extend the series to game 6 or game 7 sometimes with a advantage of guards, but it's always the tougher teams that wins the game after all.

adidas11
04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
the simple truth is you can't win shit in playoffs if your paint is totally infused with soft butts and frail pussies. Maybe you can extend the series to game 6 or game 7 sometimes with a advantage of guards, but it's always the tougher teams that wins the game after all.

+1

It's the primary reason why 7 foot centers in the NBA always get big contracts. Even if they suck, they are still 7 feet tall, can set good screens, provide strength in the paint, and can rebound.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Kidd can be used as a spot up shooter. To the tune of .425% from 3, tbh.