PDA

View Full Version : WalMart pepper spray incident

jalbre6
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
WTF? This seemed much more Oklahoma than Idaho.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/OttawaSun/News/2005/05/05/1026371-sun.html

PONDERAY, Idaho (AP) - A woman doused a 2-month-old girl with pepper spray while feuding with the infant's family in a Wal-Mart, police said.

Lorlie M. Gantenbein, 36, of Sagle, was charged Tuesday with felony injury to a child. She was released on $5,000 bail.

The 2-month-old girl was recovering at home after being sprayed Monday, police Chief Mike Hutter said. The infant was treated at a hospital.

Gantenbein in a telephone interview on Wednesday denied using the pepper spray. She said her 16-year-old daughter used the spray, but did so in self-defense.

Gantenbein said she bought the spray for her daughter as tensions rose between the two families after the Gantenbeins rented property to the baby's family and then evicted them. The feud escalated when her daughter began dating the baby's father, she added.

According to police, Gantenbein's daughter sprayed the infant's grandmother and aunt, one of whom was holding the child. Gantenbein then took the canister and sprayed the baby, authorities said. The juvenile was cited with two counts of battery.

In the phone interview, Gantenbein said the baby's aunt grabbed her daughter by the arm, prompting the daughter to use the pepper spray. When the grandmother reached toward Gantenbein's daughter, the girl sprayed her too, Gantenbein said.

``The grandmother ran through the fog with the baby,'' she said. ``It didn't get hit in the face.''

However, the baby's mother, Christina Clayburn, told Spokane, Wash.'s KHQ-TV that Gantenbein ``was yelling, 'Get the baby! Get the baby!' ... Then she took the Mace out of her daughter's hand and sprayed it directly into my daughter's face.''

Gantenbein's daughter was cited for two counts of misdemeanor battery, Hutter said.

``We're taking statements from both sides and evaluating it from there,'' he said.

jalbre6
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
1. Gantenbeins rent property to unnamed family.
2. Gantenbeins evict unnamed family.
3. Gantenbein 16-year-old girl starts dating unnamed family's son, who is the "baby's daddy" of a 2-month old, whose mother is named Christina Clayburn.
4. Gantenbein 16-year-old gets in fight with her boyfriend's mother and sister in Wal-Mart.
5. Someone sprays pepper spray during the fight, and baby gets hit.
6. What is unclear is whether or not Christina, the "baby's mama," was present for this particular fight. It doesn't appear that she was, which makes it odd that the paper would quote her, rather than her ex-boyfriend's* mother or sister.

*Did Christina actually dated her baby's daddy at some point, rather than it being a mere hook-up?

MannyIsGod
05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow, I'm going to file this incident away in the crazy but I don't give a fuck file.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Wow, I'm going to file this incident away in the crazy but I don't give a fuck file.

Word.

Hicks.

jalbre6
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM

You guys saw the words Wal Mart and incident and were compelled to click. I know, I posted it.

Shelly
05-05-2005, 02:05 PM
This would have never happened at TARGET.

MannyIsGod
You guys saw the words Wal Mart and incident and were compelled to click. I know, I posted it.
:lol True, so true.

MannyIsGod
This would have never happened at TARGET.
Exactly. Fuck Walmart.

Duff McCartney
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Exactly. Fuck Walmart.

:rolleyes

Clandestino
05-05-2005, 05:51 PM
the target families run over each other with their suvs!

Gatita
05-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Wal-mart...always a source of entertainment. :)

ShoogarBear
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
1. Gantenbeins rent property to unnamed family.
2. Gantenbeins evict unnamed family.
3. Gantenbein 16-year-old girl starts dating unnamed family's son, who is the "baby's daddy" of a 2-month old, whose mother is named Christina Clayburn.
4. Gantenbein 16-year-old gets in fight with her boyfriend's mother and sister in Wal-Mart.
5. Someone sprays pepper spray during the fight, and baby gets hit.
6. What is unclear is whether or not Christina, the "baby's mama," was present for this particular fight. It doesn't appear that she was, which makes it odd that the paper would quote her, rather than her ex-boyfriend's* mother or sister.

*Did Christina actually dated her baby's daddy at some point, rather than it being a mere hook-up?
Ah, but my dear Watson you made one potentially untrue statement here with #3.

Nowhere does it say that "baby's daddy" is the son of the unnamed family.

The unnamed family could have been "baby's momma" (Christina's) family.

And with the Gantenbein daughter was dating the guy who knocked up Christina, and now it's very easy to see the additional source of tension between the families.

But the story is very badly written, so it's not clear if this is actually the case.

jalbre6
05-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Ah, but my dear Watson you made one potentially untrue statement here with #3.

Nowhere does it say that "baby's daddy" is the son of the unnamed family.

The unnamed family could have been "baby's momma" (Christina's) family.

And with the Gantenbein daughter was dating the guy who knocked up Christina, and now it's very easy to see the additional source of tension between the families.

But the story is very badly written, so it's not clear if this is actually the case.

:lol Thanks, Sherlock.

ShoogarBear
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Elementary . . .

:smokin

coachtf
05-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I had to get sprayed along with my academy class this past Tuesday. It sucked so bad but we all got through it. The worst part was when water hits it and reactivates it over and over again. We had some people still reactivating two days later and one guy had a severe reaction.

I feel so sorry for that baby because it was by far one of the most intense pains I have ever experienced in my life.

GrandeDavid
05-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh my God, those whores need to be shot.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Who the fuck sprays a baby that has been living for 2 months?... honostly?

Oh my God, those whores need to be shot.
They should buy 20 cans of pepper spray and keep spraying them in the eyes until they run out. That will teach them to stay away from pepper spray.