PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bulls will push the Cavaliers to 7 games

D2Procon
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM
If the Bulls make the playoffs there is a good chance the series can be pushed to 7 games. Not a lot of people know that the Bulls played nearly a month without Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, and Luol Deng. The Bulls should be treated as a 4th 5th seed rather than an 8th seed because thats where they were prior to the injuries. D-Rose is gonna explode in the playoffs like he did last year.

P.S Bulls are 2-2 against the Cavs this year.

Muser
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
No, just no.

D-Wade #3
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Pass me the dutch

D2Procon
04-14-2010, 09:43 AM
The Bulls have this thing against defending champs.... No one thought they could sweep the defending champs Heat in 07 or push the defending champs celtics to 7 games.... I gotta feeling this series is gonna be a hell of a series.

TheManFromAcme
04-14-2010, 10:21 AM
The Bulls have this thing against defending champs.... No one thought they could sweep the defending champs Heat in 07 or push the defending champs celtics to 7 games.... I gotta feeling this series is gonna be a hell of a series.

+1

Got that feeling about these Bulls just the same.

Jacob1983
04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Being the defending champs of the Central division is not the same as being the defending champs of the NBA. I don't think Stern will let this series go that far because he wants Lebron to take it easy in the first round. Btw, the Cavs are not the defending champs of the NBA.

Cane
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Bulls are very overrated. Crying shame that the East has such shitty teams in the playoffs.

JoeTait75
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Chicago might be tough. They're a pretty good defensive team, Rose is a huge match-up problem for Mo Williams and they'll be hyped for this series because they don't like the Cavaliers very much. Plus they're playing well. Wouldn't shock me to see the Bulls get a couple of games in this series.

I don't think Stern will let this series go that far because he wants Lebron to take it easy in the first round.

I always hear about all this help David Stern is supposed to give the Cavaliers, yet I haven't seen much in the way of results out of it. Maybe Herr Stern should step his game up.

pawe
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I hope Noah can get to dance on the Cavs homecourt after a game 7 win by the bulls.

lefty
04-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Chicago might be tough. They're a pretty good defensive team, Rose is a huge match-up problem for Mo Williams and they'll be hyped for this series because they don't like the Cavaliers very much. Plus they're playing well. Wouldn't shock me to see the Bulls get a couple of games in this series.

I always hear about all this help David Stern is supposed to give the Cavaliers, yet I haven't seen much in the way of results out of it. Maybe Herr Stern should step his game up.
It's not like he didn't try in the Orlando series

Everytime the Magic started to build a good lead, Stern would send Lebron to the FT line every time

Muser
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
If the Bulls beat the Cavs it will be the biggest chokejob in NBA history, but it won't happen.

ffadicted
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Bulls in 6

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Bulls does'nt have a player than can outplay Lebron

Bulls are not deeper than the Cavs

Bulls loss some key players this year

Cavs frontcourt will take a dump on Brad Miller and pals

Series is not going past 5 games. But I do expect each and every game to be competitive.

jacobdrj
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I can see round 1 going 6 out of shear arrogance on the Cavs' part. Rest of the ECP should go rather smoothly, loosing maybe 1 other game. Finals is a tossup. I think Dallas and maybe LA beating the Cavs, should they make it, but I don't see anyone else in the West as Legit.

JoeTait75
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
It's not like he didn't try in the Orlando series

Everytime the Magic started to build a good lead, Stern would send Lebron to the FT line every time

Yeah, damn those refs for calling actual fouls.

I guess if Stern really wanted the Cavaliers to win he would have instructed the officials to call a moving screen on Dewey Howard every once in a while. I notice they started making those calls in the Finals against the Lakers, though...

Don't get it twisted. LeBron may get superstar calls. But David Stern, the league's marketing arm, the national media- they all HATE HATE HATE the fact that LeBron is in Cleveland. If they could sabatoge the Cavaliers' title chances in order to get LBJ to leave for a bigger market, they'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it meant blatantly stealing a playoff series from them- which they may very well try to do against Chicago.

lefty
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, damn those refs for calling actual fouls.

I guess if Stern really wanted the Cavaliers to win he would have instructed the officials to call a moving screen on Dewey Howard every once in a while. I notice they started making those calls in the Finals against the Lakers, though...

Don't get it twisted. LeBron may get superstar calls. But David Stern, the league's marketing arm, the national media- they all HATE HATE HATE the fact that LeBron is in Cleveland. If they could sabatoge the Cavaliers' title chances in order to get LBJ to leave for a bigger market, they'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it meant blatantly stealing a playoff series from them- which they may very well try to do against Chicago.
:rollin

JoeTait75
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure why you're laughing. LeBron sustains more contact on a nightly basis than any other player in the league. Honestly, if he got every call he deserved he'd shoot 25-30 free throws per game. But that wouldn't be fair.

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Moving Lebron to a bigger market will give him or the league a small boost but its negligible. Superstar players like Lebron are going to get recognized wherever they play.

You really believe what you said? The Cavaliers more than doubled its value the past 4 years. Like Chicago in the 80's, Lebron can and has the marketing power to establish Cleveland as one of the leagues most profitable franchise (already is btw). NBA capitalizes on markets like Boston, LA and New York, sure but I never buy the idea of not putting a marketable player in those locations would spell "lower profits" for the league, I think stern would rather establish other ailing franchise than boost the same market. An small example would be last years Cavs and Magic ECF match where it garnered high marks in TV ratings. Game 4 alone had 10.1 million viewers, much more than any single Lakers-Magic game series.

In theory, basketball fans roots for the players not the jerseys they wear. Cleveland has been on spotlight for the past 7 years while the Knicks has been stinkin it up in the same period. I find it hard to believe that more basketball fans wordlwide will start watching Lebron more simply because he plays in New York.

boston.balla
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure why you're laughing. LeBron sustains more contact on a nightly basis than any other player in the league. Honestly, if he got every call he deserved he'd shoot 25-30 free throws per game. But that wouldn't be fair.

I know it's sounds crazy but you are right. On the other hand if they'd give fts by the book this whole league would be one huge ft fest. So stuff is easy only to stars. That's why it is actually whistled "fair" in this context. Now that the context is fucked up.. another story.

The Cougar
04-14-2010, 04:32 PM
So the bulls are Paxon and the cavs are Del Negro?

D2Procon
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Bulls does'nt have a player than can outplay Lebron

Bulls are not deeper than the Cavs

Bulls loss some key players this year

Cavs frontcourt will take a dump on Brad Miller and pals

Series is not going past 5 games. But I do expect each and every game to be competitive.

Cool Story Bro where did I hear this story from? Oh ya I heard it in 07 twice in the Bulls/Heat series and the GSW/Mavericks series, I also heard that story last year in the Celtics/Bulls series.

http://mmoredrama.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/super-cool-story-bro.png

Muser
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Cool Story Bro where did I hear this story from? Oh ya I heard it in 07 twice in the Bulls/Heat series and the GSW/Mavericks series, I also heard that story last year in the Celtics/Bulls series.

http://mmoredrama.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/super-cool-story-bro.png

Are you really comparing all those series? Cleveland is 100 times more stacked than those teams.

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM

None of those teams have Lebron James bro.

Bulls lost to the Celdicks bro

Heat had a LOT of injuries that year bro

ChrisRichards
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Are you really comparing all those series? Cleveland is 100 times more stacked than those teams.
This

DJ Mbenga
04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
the first round will be like having a bye week in the nfl. they can rest lebron and then win in 7. heck the damn grizzlies would make a 6th seed in the east.

resistanze
04-14-2010, 06:23 PM
The Raptors can still sneak into 8th and get swept by the Cavs. You remember that!

D2Procon
04-14-2010, 06:23 PM
None of those teams have Lebron James bro.

Bulls lost to the Celdicks bro

Heat had a LOT of injuries that year bro

You act like I say Bulls will actually beat the Cavs, I said they will push them to 7 games....

Bob Lanier
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Bulls are very overrated. Crying shame that the East has such shitty teams in the playoffs.
The Bulls are better than the Spurs.

redzero
04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Cavs sweep in five, six if the Bulls get lucky.

JamStone
04-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Bulls are not a bad team. But they're not a good team either. Nearly every team has had to deal with injuries this season. Look at the Spurs injuries this year and the Blazers had even more injuries than the Bulls and those two teams won 50 games in the Western Conference. Heck look at the Cavs. Shaq missed 30 games and they didn't have Jamison for 3/4 of the season. Mo Williams, Delonte West, and Daniel Gibson combined missed about 55 games.

It's silly to talk about injuries to say how good the Bulls are. The only injury that would really matter to the Bulls is Derrick Rose. With Noah injured or playing really limited minutes once he got back, the Bulls were right around .500. Even if you want to argue that they probably could have won a handful more games (maybe 5-6), they'd still be a 5th or 6th seed and heavy underdogs to the Cavs.

Oh, and the two wins against the Cavs, they were both by 1 point. And the last win was against the Cavs without LeBron.

But it's nice to dream...

Hey, beats my suck-ass team missing the playoffs and not even tanking right by winning three recent games and hurting their lottery chances. So hey, at least the Bulls and their fans can pipedream.

DPG21920
04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
The Bulls are better than the Spurs.

:lol wow.

XFactor
04-28-2010, 02:19 AM
You're wrong.

TampaDude
04-28-2010, 07:12 AM
If the Bulls make the playoffs there is a good chance the series can be pushed to 7 games. Not a lot of people know that the Bulls played nearly a month without Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, and Luol Deng. The Bulls should be treated as a 4th 5th seed rather than an 8th seed because thats where they were prior to the injuries. D-Rose is gonna explode in the playoffs like he did last year.

Fail.