PDA

View Full Version : Can Pop fight thru the trauma of no Finley?

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Some have been asking "Who will guard Dirk?" if the Spurs face Dallas in Round 1. Years past, Pop called on defensive stopper and companion Mike Finley for support.

While CIA Pop is putting on his company face, could the trauma surrounding he and Finleys divorce be clouding Pops judgement? For example, granted it was only one game, but Pop put Ian in for 20 minutes. This gave the frontcourt both height and athleticism. That's not Poppyball and that is not what has led us 3 of the past 4 years playoffs. Ian looked good along with Blair patrolling the boards. But that limited our pussy 3 pt chucking, provided a post presense and perhaps most disturbingly took away minutes from Matty Bonner, Pops side dish the whole time he was with Finley.

Are you concerned about Pops emotions without Finley?
He's won 4 titles you know.

in2deep
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
dumb

Mel_13
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
But that limited our pussy 3 pt chucking

Spurs made a season-high 14 three-pointers while attempting 26 (7th most all season). Typical Fabbs fact fail.

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Spurs made a season-high 14 three-pointers while attempting 26 (7th most all season). Typical Fabbs fact fail.
Ah but they were done while we were ahead, not behind.
And we had plenty of post action.

MelFail.

Mel_13
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Ah but they were done

So you admit that your OP was full of fail, as per usual.

Try to rationalize these facts:

The Ian/Blair combo that you swoon over in the OP shared the court for just under eleven minutes in a 22 point blowout. How is it that the Spurs only outscored their pathetic opponent by a count of 27-24 while this dynamic pairing patrolled the paint and supplied such a presence in the post.

For that matter, rationalize how Ian played 20 minutes in a 22 point blowout and the Spurs only outscored Minny by a single point during those 20 minutes. During the 28 minutes without Ian, the Spurs outscored them by 21 points.

Finally, Blair was +18 in 25 minutes. So he was +15 in 14 minutes without Ian, yet only +3 in 11 minutes with Ian.

Facts are stubborn things.

ohmwrecker
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
dumb

Spurstalk. Where "post count matters" happens.

Cane
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Fabbs must really miss Finley nowadays; we all know that he's the one with the love crush :)

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
So you admit that your OP was full of fail, as per usual.

Try to rationalize these facts:

The Ian/Blair combo that you swoon over in the OP shared the court for just under eleven minutes in a 22 point blowout. How is it that the Spurs only outscored their pathetic opponent by a count of 27-24 while this dynamic pairing patrolled the paint and supplied such a presence in the post.

For that matter, rationalize how Ian played 20 minutes in a 22 point blowout and the Spurs only outscored Minny by a single point during those 20 minutes. During the 28 minutes without Ian, the Spurs outscored them by 21 points.

Finally, Blair was +18 in 25 minutes. So he was +15 in 14 minutes without Ian, yet only +3 in 11 minutes with Ian.

Facts are stubborn things.
So you'd like to see Finley on the Spurs roster for this playoffs too?

Mel_13
04-14-2010, 10:51 AM
So you'd like to see Finley on the Spurs roster for this playoffs too?

Did I say any such thing?

I merely pointed that, as usual, your OP is replete with factual errors, logical inconsistencies and false assumptions.

You should just stick to posting photoshopped pics of Pop and be done with it. You're pretty good at that.

Backing up your position with factual data, not so much.

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
You can show me all the +/- bullshit for one game you want.
I saw 3 of 4 seasons of crap playoffs from Findawg and Poppycock.

The Truth #6
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Ian looked promising with different post moves but still needs work. That very well could have been his last minutes as a Spur. He was mad when he fouled out. I'm curious what Pop said to him when he went to the bench.

As for Pop's mindset post divorce, I think his coaching has improved in regards to the rotations.

#2!
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
I believe the pc term for what happened is "dudevorce" not "divorce."

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I believe the pc term for what happened is "dudevorce" not "divorce."
:lol

Chumpy would like this post too.
Cane_Park?

honestfool84
04-14-2010, 10:57 AM
again, another stupid post.

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
thanks fish. ^^

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
As for Pop's mindset post divorce, I think his coaching has improved in regards to the rotations.
I do too, but he continues to separate Blair and Duncan.
Playoffs require paint control and Duncan is gonna need some strong paint support.

#2!
04-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Cane_Park? As long as its not a comparison to TPark..

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Cane = T_Park = EricB

My Fault
04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Did I say any such thing?

I merely pointed that, as usual, your OP is replete with factual errors, logical inconsistencies and false assumptions.

You should just stick to posting photoshopped pics of Pop and be done with it. You're pretty good at that.

Backing up your position with factual data, not so much.

Fabbs doesn't wanna hear facts. Numbers don't lie. Shame on you:nope

Fabbs
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Fabbs doesn't wanna hear facts. Numbers don't lie. Shame on you:nope
My Fault does wanna hear 1-4 vs Mavs last playoffs.
1-4 vs Lakers the year before.
3-4 vs Mavs in 2006.

Hear ye, hear ye.

honestfool84
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
well you tell me, how has Pop done without Finley?

look at the games. the Spurs have played better without Finley. WTF more do you want?

poop
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
again, another stupid post.

again, another post just to say someone else is stupid.

id bet that of your 2500 posts, 1500 of them have simply been one liners telling someone how stupid they were.

great asset to this forum.

honestfool84
04-14-2010, 11:28 AM

id bet that of your 2500 posts, 1500 of them have simply been one liners telling someone how stupid they were.

should i tell him it was an amazing post, full of worth and contribution?

honestfool84
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM

should i tell him it was an amazing post, full of worth and contribution?

oh, and BTW, i never said anyone was stupid... just a stupid POST.

benefactor
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Some have been asking "Who will guard Dirk?" if the Spurs face Dallas in Round 1. Years past, Pop called on defensive stopper and companion Mike Finley for support.

While CIA Pop is putting on his company face, could the trauma surrounding he and Finleys divorce be clouding Pops judgement? For example, granted it was only one game, but Pop put Ian in for 20 minutes. This gave the frontcourt both height and athleticism. That's not Poppyball and that is not what has led us 3 of the past 4 years playoffs. Ian looked good along with Blair patrolling the boards. But that limited our pussy 3 pt chucking, provided a post presense and perhaps most disturbingly took away minutes from Matty Bonner, Pops side dish the whole time he was with Finley.

Are you concerned about Pops emotions without Finley?
He's won 4 titles you know.

Each fan base here has it's fair share of wasted space

Blackjack
04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Spurstalk. Where "post count matters" happens.

Post count; basically the equivalent to track marks.

In certain, very small, niche, segments of society they're viewed as confirmation of a fierce dedication to a hardcore way of life.

It's respected.

The rest of society, which accounts for about 99% of the real world, not so much . . .

jjktkk
04-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Post count; basically the equivalent to track marks.

In certain, very small, niche, segments of society they're viewed as confirmation of a fierce dedication to a hardcore way of life.

It's respected.

The rest of society, which accounts for about 99% of the real world, not so much . . .

LOL, +1 Blackjack, but watch out, SequSpur might call you out. :toast