PDA

View Full Version : Team Awards

Xylus
04-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Season's pretty much over, 'cept for a handful of games tonight, so it seems like a good time to hand out awards... for your own team.

PHOENIX SUNS

http://i40.tinypic.com/10i562x.jpg

Most Valuable Player - AMARE STOUDEMIRE

This man has been completely unstoppable since the end of January, averaging 27 and 10 since the Dallas game on Jan. 28th. During that span, the Suns are 27-7. Amare has transformed himself into the team's on-court leader, bringing more intensity than any player on the court on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Last night was the first time I've ever heard MVP chants for Amare Stoudemire. And it's hard to argue that he doesn't deserve them.

Most Improved Player - ROBIN LOPEZ

There will be some debate among Suns fans about who deserves this award. Both Robin Lopez and Goran Dragic have raised their games to an unexpected level, both becoming indispensable pieces. As much as I love Goran Dragic, I think Robin Lopez's development is more crucial to this team's success right now. It seems like our playoff hopes rest on this guy's back, and no one thought that could be said about this guy at the beginning of the season. Like Amare, he is intense on and off the court, making the Suns' frontcourt one of the most formidable duos in the league. Hopefully he comes back healthy for the 2nd round of the playoffs.

6th Man of the Year - JARED FUCKING DUDLEY

What more can I say about this guy? Vocal bench leader, will obviously be a coach one day, hits clutch shots all the time, plays solid defense against the best players in the league (and against multiple positions), great teammate, great locker room presense, easy to coach... We could have traded Diaw and Bell for just this guy and I'd probably still be satisfied.

Defensive Player of the Year - GORAN DRAGIC

Makes Steve Nash's defense look downright non-existant. Goran isn't as offensively talented as Nash, but his defense is so good that sometimes it doesn't make a difference who is in the game. If Steve Nash is on the bench, I always feel comfortable with Dragic leading the team.

lefty
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
SA SPURS

BEST PLAYER: MANU

BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER: MANU

BEST 6th MAN: MANU

BEST STARTER: MANU

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER: MANU

BEST BIG MAN: MANU

DAF86
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
MVP- Tim Duncan
MIP- George Hill
6th man- Manu Ginobili
DPOY- Tim Duncan
ROY- Blair
COY- Mike Budenholzer (credito para pescadomalo por la idea)

monosylab1k
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Dallas Mavericks

Most Valuable Player, imho - Dirk Nowitzki tbh

Most Improved Player, imho - Josh Howard tbh. His lack of being on the team helps out greatly

Bench Player Of The Year, imho - Roddy Beaubois tbh

Rookie Of The Year, imho - Roddy Beaubois tbh

Defensive Player of The Year, imho - Shawn Marion tbh

Best Passer, imho - Jason Kidd tbh

Smartest Player On The Team, imho - Jason Kidd tbh

Rebounder Of The Year, imho - Jason Kidd tbh

Shooter Of The Year, imho - Dirk Nowitzki tbh

3 Point Shooter Of The Year, imho - Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki, & Roddy Beaubois (tie) tbh

Biggest Pussy Center, imho - Damper & Haywood (tie) tbh

Coolest Player On The Team, imho - Caron Butler tbh

Muser
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
San Antonio Spurs

MVP - Tim Duncan

Pretty easy choice here, without Duncan beasting the first half of the season we would be in the lottery, yeah Manu has beasted after the all star game but Duncan takes this easily IMO.

Most Improved Player - George Hill

Does this need an explanation? He's matured into a started who can give you 15 points a game, deadly from 3 pointers and a nice drive aswell add this in with some good D and you have a nice up an coming player.

6th Man of the year - ???

I honestly don't know, you can't count Manu because he's been a starter for the most of the year so who does this go to? Blair? He's been a starter for some parts of the year. Who else? I'll let the rest of my Spur fan brothers to answer this.

DPOY - Tim Duncan

Yeah he's dropped off but he's holding down the paint all on his own, when the big man next to you is Matt Bonner or Dejuan Blair and you're still winning games you know you're still a pretty damn good defensive player.

DAF86
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
San Antonio Spurs

MVP - Tim Duncan

Pretty easy choice here, without Duncan beasting the first half of the season we would be in the lottery, yeah Manu has beasted after the all star game but Duncan takes this easily IMO.

Most Improved Player - George Hill

Does this need an explanation? He's matured into a started who can give you 15 points a game, deadly from 3 pointers and a nice drive aswell add this in with some good D and you have a nice up an coming player.

6th Man of the year - ???

I honestly don't know, you can't count Manu because he's been a starter for the most of the year so who does this go to? Blair? He's been a starter for some parts of the year. Who else? I'll let the rest of my Spur fan brothers to answer this.

DPOY - Tim Duncan

Yeah he's dropped off but he's holding down the paint all on his own, when the big man next to you is Matt Bonner or Dejuan Blair and you're still winning games you know you're still a pretty damn good defensive player.

Actually he has played 21/22 games as a starter that's like only 25% of the season.

Ghazi
04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
MVP-Dirk Nowitzki
MIP-Jason Kidd
6th man-Jason Terry
DPOY-Matrix

badfish22
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Most Valuable Player - Dirk Nowitzki
olHGfbedvAo

He started off playing his best basketball in years. Had the 41 point game against SA, and of course the 29 point 4th quarter against Utah. Just kicking ass. But then Landry tried to eat his elbow, and that seemed to knock him off rhythm for a while. But now he is back to kicking ass, even more now than before, just in time for the playoffs.

Rookie of the Year- Roddy B.
ycTlutkYAqg

40 point game, averaged something like 16 points on 58% shooting in the month of March. Probably would have had a triple double in LA if Rick actually played him for than 18 minutes. Shows great promise. His absolute ceiling is probably a Aaron Brooks/Rajon Rondo hybrid. Hopefully he is used in the playoffs

Defensive Player of the year- Shawn Marion
-_iKBdduaj0

Guards the best player every night. Durant shot 32% against him and Melo shot 17%. Hes contract makes it so he doesn't worry about is numbers, but rather focuses on his D.

Coach of the Year- Dwane Casey
http://www.nba.com/media/sixers/six_090519_casey_300.jpg

He coached one time when Rick got ejected. We won. 100% record with Dwane at the helm bitch.

baseline bum
04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
MVP: Roger Mason
DPOY: Roger Mason
MIP: Roger Mason
6th Man: Roger Mason

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Co-MVPs: Duncan/Ginobili..yes, this is a cop out answer, but it's the most logical answer IMO..Spurs would have been in the lottery without Duncan in the 1st half, but Manu is the guy that took the Spurs over the top with his emergence in the 2nd half..

MIP: Hill, obviously..

6th man: Manu, obviously..

DPOY: Duncan, obviously..

boston.balla
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
MVP: da truth
DPTOA: perkins
MIP: nobody improved..
6thman: big baby
best starter: da truth
best bigman: kevin "we gon bully deez niggaz nigga!!!" garnett
best loser: ball don't lie sheed
roy: no rooks

It will be interesting to see what we can do with the HUGE contracts these guys have given the fact that they expire in the following couple of years. A good gm should be able to keep us relevant.