PDA

View Full Version : Is this year's draft as weak as it appears?

djohn2oo8
04-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Just killin time til the playoffs start, and hopefully see some good basketball bein played

Hornets
Nets
Rockets
Jazz (via Knicks)
Indiana
76ers
Detroit
Washington
Memphis
Clippers
Warriors
Kings
Wolves
Nets

So far, John Wall, Derrick Favors, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, Cole Aldrich, Al-Farouq Aminu, James Anderson, Xavier Henry, Patrick Patterson, Lance Stephensen, Larry Sanders, Willie Warren, Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh have declared

boston.balla
04-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Just killin time til the playoffs start, and hopefully see some good basketball bein played

Hornets
Nets
Rockets
Jazz (via Knicks)
Indiana
76ers
Detroit
Washington
Memphis
Clippers
Warriors
Kings
Wolves
Nets

So far, John Wall, Derrick Favors, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, Cole Aldrich, Al-Farouq Aminu, James Anderson, Xavier Henry, Patrick Patterson, Lance Stephensen, Larry Sanders, Willie Warren, Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh have declared

after this draft the clippers will be so stacked with talent it's not even funny. I think being a clipper fan is worse than being medically depressed. I think they should make a new treatment for depressed people to go watch clipper games and the franchise per se to realize just how great they are doing compared to this total fail:

eric gordon, bdizzle, kaman, deandre (underrated), blake griffin, gooden as a sub, a 5th pick. and a bench with travis outlaw,steve blake, craig smith (who has been decent when given time).

How can you NOT make the playoffs with this team?

JMarkJohns
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
This draft isn't weak. It doesn't have transcendent talent like 2003, but it has many likely All-Stars and many more foundational-type pieces. Pretty deep, both in proven talent and high-upside risks.

djohn2oo8
04-14-2010, 04:38 PM
after this draft the clippers will be so stacked with talent it's not even funny. I think being a clipper fan is worse than being medically depressed. I think they should make a new treatment for depressed people to go watch clipper games and the franchise per se to realize just how great they are doing compared to this total fail:

eric gordon, bdizzle, kaman, deandre (underrated), blake griffin, gooden as a sub, a 5th pick. and a bench with travis outlaw,steve blake, craig smith (who has been decent when given time).

How can you NOT make the playoffs with this team?

bad karma like Phil says:lol

Muser
04-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Didn't people say last years draft was weak aswell? You never know if a draft is weak or not until they play IMO.

Truckules
04-14-2010, 05:17 PM
This year's draft is top heavy for guards but fairly deep for forwards. If your team needs a guard, you better have a lottery pick.

badfish22
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
didn't people say last years draft was weak aswell? You never know if a draft is weak or not until they play imo.

+1

benefactor
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
This draft is for teams looking for solid, team building pieces...and those types of players could be available well into the second round. If a team is looking for a franchise player, they will have to throw money into the upcoming summer bidding war.

JamStone
04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Looks like a decent draft. Wall and Turner have the potential to become stars. And there are several other possibly really good NBA players. In general, you don't expect to have more than a couple stars in each draft. You just hope to land a future quality starter when you're in the top 10, but that's certainly not a guarantee. This draft looks to be an average draft in terms of talent, possibly slightly above average.

As it stands, the Clippers are in 7th position for the lottery. If they don't win one of the top 3 picks, they'll land somewhere around 7-10 with their pick. They could find a pretty good player there, but they easily could get a player that won't be much of an impact player at all. They already got a good foundation of young players. I'm kind of a fan of Baron Davis, but they need to move him. That team needs a different leader, a different voice than his.

Basketballgirl25
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Didn't people say last years draft was weak aswell? You never know if a draft is weak or not until they play IMO.

that's what I thought