PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted to Thank Our Guys

Parker2112
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
We are about to enter the playoffs, playing great ball at just the right time of year and I just wanted to thank our team, from Pop on down, for providing us with another shot at the second season.

These guys have held it together in the face of injury, adversity, uncertainty, trade rumors, and fans without faith. They have provided us with 50 wins to watch, another year to watch our young guys develop, another year for our veterans to be proud of, and another shot at the title. :lobt2:

It is common for Spurs fans to take this scenario for granted, but maybe we need to step back and enjoy these playoffs, no matter what the outcome, cause not so many weeks ago we thought we might not see them at all. Be proud of our guys for sticking with it when there seemed to be no reason to do so.

And to top it all, it will be SO SWEET WHEN WE DISMANTLE THIS MAVS TEAM in the first round. Payback is a bitch:ihit

GO SPURS GO!

Blackjack
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I can dig that. :tu

Let's get it . . .

http://sportsreport.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/05/spurs0521.jpg

DesignatedT
04-14-2010, 11:32 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9950/georgehill.gif

L.I.T
04-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I have to agree.

Whether they go out in the 1st round or not, this Spurs team has impressed me. Never gave up, never stopped trying and they stayed together through many distractions.

Compare them to how other veteran teams comported themselves when they've almost reached the end of the line and you cannot help but be proud of this Spurs team.

team-work
04-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I've been waiting for threads like this to reply on.

The season started with quite high expectation. If we were told they could get only 50 wins in the RS, everyone would be disappointed. However, I didn't expect the team would become so strong down the stretch either (heart of a champion.)

Wish the team can stay healthy and enjoy the playoffs run.

barbacoataco
04-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Go Spurs Go !!!!
Spurs fans are getting spoiled with success. Some teams and fans wait for years not making the playoffs and with players who could care less and are getting paid millions. The Spurs going back to Gervin have been winners almost every year which is ridiculous.

Also, the Spurs have managed to make it to the playoffs with everyone healthy for the most part, which is a minor miracle and Spurs fans should give thanks to the basketball gods.

xellos88330
04-15-2010, 12:42 AM
It was definitely a roller coaster season. I loved every minute of it. Really helps loyal fans put their finger on the pulse of the team.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Zzakk's Garage
04-15-2010, 12:51 AM
A great season (so far)!

I got to see some amazing games (for free, not counting nachos and parking) and also received a fine education in patience and economics from coach Pop and RC and P Holt.
Hill and Blair (+ Temple?) are bargain superstars like Tony and Manu were.

Next year we're going to sign Matt Bonner's 7'1" brother for 5 sandwiches per game, right?

:lobt2:

TJastal
04-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I have to agree.

Whether they go out in the 1st round or not, this Spurs team has impressed me. Never gave up, never stopped trying and they stayed together through many distractions.

Compare them to how other veteran teams comported themselves when they've almost reached the end of the line and you cannot help but be proud of this Spurs team.

Wish we could say the same of the ST fans :lmao

TJastal
04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
A great season (so far)!

I got to see some amazing games (for free, not counting nachos and parking) and also received a fine education in patience and economics from coach Pop and RC and P Holt.
Hill and Blair (+ Temple?) are bargain superstars like Tony and Manu were.

Next year we're going to sign Matt Bonner's 7'1" brother for 5 sandwiches per game, right?

:lobt2:

Hill, Blair and Temple are all superstars now?

Hill maybe.. but Blair and Temple? Really?

Zzakk's Garage
04-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Wish we could say the same of the ST fans :lmao
The early season fan meltdown was a joke.
They really believed, but didn't have any stats to cling to.

Zzakk's Garage
04-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Hill, Blair and Temple are all superstars now?

Hill maybe.. but Blair and Temple? Really?
Yes.
If they can resist easy-yet-dangerous pussy and crack, I'll wager that these youngsters will be huge while still under contract to the Spurs.

You can't teach or buy balls, and these kids have them.
Won't choke under pressure, either.
Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

If Pop is smart he'll start these guys in the 1st playoff game to light a fire under our under-performing vet's asses.
Temple>>>Mason Jr

Parker2112
04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
It was definitely a roller coaster season. I loved every minute of it. Really helps loyal fans put their finger on the pulse of the team.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Good to see I'm not the only one that can appreciate the bumpy ride once its over.

taps
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
OP you are a good fan you have been here all year :tu

Parker2112
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM
OP you are a good fan you have been here all year :tu

:toast

Parker2112
04-29-2010, 10:23 PM
We are about to enter the playoffs, playing great ball at just the right time of year and I just wanted to thank our team, from Pop on down, for providing us with another shot at the second season.

These guys have held it together in the face of injury, adversity, uncertainty, trade rumors, and fans without faith. They have provided us with 50 wins to watch, another year to watch our young guys develop, another year for our veterans to be proud of, and another shot at the title. :lobt2:

It is common for Spurs fans to take this scenario for granted, but maybe we need to step back and enjoy these playoffs, no matter what the outcome, cause not so many weeks ago we thought we might not see them at all. Be proud of our guys for sticking with it when there seemed to be no reason to do so.

And to top it all, it will be SO SWEET WHEN WE DISMANTLE THIS MAVS TEAM in the first round. Payback is a bitch:ihit

GO SPURS GO!

Sentiment Still stands...and it really is fuggin sweeeeeeeettttt

:flag:

Parker2112
04-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Thank you dice. You've made my day!!!!!

Sisk
04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
good call parker, i normally hate you but..

good call

Parker2112
04-29-2010, 10:34 PM
good call parker, i normally hate you but..

good call

You may not agree with me on all things Spurs, but we are all Spurs fans here (I think) :lol

Parker2112
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
These guys can go to the Finals once again...they just need to take it one game at a time, one series at a time, they are capable. I really see Dice being a huge factor if we face L.A., which I don't know if I could have said that in the regular season...I think he has got to feel proud and confident now that he helped lift his team by defending Dirk as good as anybody could have...

FINALS or Bust.

Sisk
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
You may not agree with me on all things Spurs, but we are all Spurs fans here (I think) :lol

yes sir :toast
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

ManuSupraTurbo
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
After last year with the injuries and losing to Dallas in the first round, I had high hopes this season if they stayed healthy. I'm glad the days of Manu's jammed ankle are over and we are moving to the next round.

Avitus1
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks Spurs!

Parker2112
04-29-2010, 10:42 PM
After last year with the injuries and losing to Dallas in the first round, I had high hopes this season if they stayed healthy. I'm glad the days of Manu's jammed ankle are over and we are moving to the next round.

Sky's the limit for the Alamo City.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: