LOL bitter ex-Suns
LOL 83 pts Jalen
LOL :lmao

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Jalen rose is an idiot.

Amarelooms
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
cue the excuses....God forbid the Spurs lose this year. Almost prefer they win so we don't have to see all the excuses and crying. Guessing it'll have to be the refs again if the Mavs win since Spurs are healthy this year lol

Man up Spurs fans...give your opponents some credit lol

:elephant

EricB
04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Yawn.

LOL@MavsFan
cue the excuses....God forbid the Spurs lose this year. Almost prefer they win so we don't have to see all the excuses and crying. Guessing it'll have to be the refs again if the Mavs win since Spurs are healthy this year lol

I give the Mavs credit :toast

LOL@MavsFan
Mavs are the best regular season team since the Phx Suns...eyes on the prize

DesignatedT
04-14-2010, 11:01 PM
jalen rose is a bum.

jack sommerset
04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Rose was hating on the Mavs a few years back if I remember correct.

lurker
I'm thinking Mavs in 6. Not sure if it would be a good thing for the Mavs to get the series over with too quickly.

FeZZy
haha what bitch

Marcjg983
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
but avery said if manu plays lights out we can extend the series!

fuck em both

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
ok you guys want real talk, this is what i really think. i honestly think the spurs have a solid 55-45 or 60-40 advantage over the mavericks this playoff series, and it has marginally to do with tonight's game

i really honestly think the spurs have a slight edge winning against the mavs in 6 or 7 games.

mavs are easier than the lakers. nuggets would have been easier than the mavs.

mavs are easier than the jazz.

mavs and suns is sort of a toss up.

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking Mavs in 6. Not sure if it would be a good thing for the Mavs to get the series over with too quickly.

I say whoever wins it will be in 6, but bring the Mavs on...I want revenge and I dont even suit up!:flag:

Avitus1
04-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Time for an upset!

LOL@MavsFan
ok you guys want real talk, this is what i really think. i honestly think the spurs have a solid 55-45 or 60-40 advantage over the mavericks this playoff series, and it has marginally to do with tonight's game

i really honestly think the spurs have a slight edge winning against the mavs in 6 or 7 games.

Every series in the West is going to be at least 6 games....that's why its the east's yr to win it all...talk about cake walk for Orl and Cleveland....ATL wont give up w/o a fight though.

jestersmash

see this is what i'm talking about. really..REALLY? you REALLY think it's feasible for the mavs to actually win in under 6 if they "try their best" or something?

Do you mavs fans not blatantly see that the spurs are going into the post season...better than the mavs, and it has mostly to do with their strength of schedule (and record against those teams)?

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
see this is what i'm talking about. really..REALLY? you REALLY think it's feasible for the mavs to actually win in under 6 if they "try their best" or something?

Do you mavs fans not blatantly see that the spurs are going into the post season...better than the mavs, and it has mostly to do with their strength of schedule (and record against those teams)?

Hey u never know man, but I just dont see it...not with a healthy Manu...not with a healthy Tim....not with a healthy Hill (hopefully) and not with a 75% Parker....not to mention the young supporting cast...this is a totally different team than last yr's AARP team.

crc21209
04-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Who cares what Jalen Rose says...honestly? :lol

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM

the Mavs ended the season winning 5 straight and are the #2 seed overall for a reason. They are also 3-1 against the Spurs on the season....just fyi

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey u never know man, but I just dont see it...not with a healthy Manu...not with a healthy Tim....not with a healthy Hill (hopefully) and not with a 75% Parker....not to mention the young supporting cast...this is a totally different team than last yr's AARP team.

and this is a different Dallas team...hence why they are the #2 overall seed this season

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
the Mavs ended the season winning 5 straight and are the #2 seed overall for a reason. They are also 3-1 against the Spurs on the season....just fyi

Yep....and the Suns were 4-0 against the Spurs in
05...regular season means jack now...its a whole new season

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
and this is a different Dallas team...hence why they are the #2 overall seed this season

And this is also a different Spurs team than last yrs....I just hope everyone stays healthy and its evenly called so neither fan has an excuse.

sefant77
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Almost as good as Sean Elliott -- "The Spurs have demoralized the Mavericks tonight."

Muting TNT/ESPN - priceless

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM

2-1* Don't tell me ya'll count tonight as a "win."

You guys are 2-6 against the only 8 good teams ya'll have played since the middle of march, or so. That's one key statistic here.

What's the main key statistic? Point differential, and some mavs fan erroneously made the claim in another thread that point differential "doesn't matter as much as some make it out to be" (or something along those lines).

Flat out false if you look at the history

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/NBA_Point_Differential_-_The_Most_Power_Stat

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
And this is also a different Spurs team than last yrs....I just hope everyone stays healthy and its evenly called so neither fan has an excuse.

evenly called compared to what

sefant77
04-14-2010, 11:22 PM

You guys are 2-6 against the only 8 good teams ya'll have played since the middle of march, or so. That's one key statistic here.

What's the main key statistic? Point differential, and some mavs fan erroneously made the claim in another thread that point differential "doesn't matter as much as some make it out to be" (or something along those lines).

Spurs vs Western Conference Playoff Teams: 9-17

Ups...

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:23 PM

yes it was a win

an NBA team that chooses to tank a game doesnt get a free pass

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:24 PM

Ups...

Spurs in the 2010 playoffs 0-0
Mavs in the 2010 playoffs 0-0

the regular season means jack now...it's all about heart and who wants to win more.

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM

Ups...

Mavs fan who can't read, not surprised.

I won't even tell you where you went wrong, we'll make this a little exercise in reading comprehension.

sefant77
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Tell that ur Spurs buddy that came up with the 2-6 as key statistic...

ITS PLAYOFFS, so RS means crap. You can always find one statistic and point it out where a team looks bad and ignoring other facts that doesnt fit. But then your name is John Trollinger.

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Spurs in the 2010 playoffs 0-0
Mavs in the 2010 playoffs 0-0

the regular season means jack now...it's all about heart and who wants to win more.

yet Spurs fan reserves the right to bring up the championships of years past.....

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM

ITS PLAYOFFS, so RS means crap.

I'm literally laughing my ass off right now

DubMcDub
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM

If you can't see the fallacy in what you're doing here, I'm not sure there's much I can say to help you.

jestersmash
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
If you can't see the fallacy in what you're doing here, I'm not sure there's much I can say to help you.

Number of posts where DudMcDud has actually provided a cogent argument against anything I've said to date: 0

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
all I know is that if the Spurs are worried about tanking and playing games for "confidence", then they have too many internal problems to beat this current Mavs team

UnWantedTheory
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I just want a good series to get excited about. I dont want to see a cleen sweep either way. I want to watch balls to the wall BBALL & hopefully the Spurs will end up on top. If not, well than thats the way it goes. I dont see either team winning the championship, but both teams have been playing really well as of late. I am actually excited about the Spurs' chances considering how we have played & who we have played the last month. With that said, the Mavs are no push over. I worry about their length down low & they have plenty of scoring power if they get hot. This will require a great defensive effort by the Spurs. I believe both teams have an equal chance overall in the PO. Either way, I believe the Spurs will be a great sight to see next season. But again, we as fans should not disrespect this Mavs team, just because we have played relatively great ball as of late. It wont be easy win or lose for either team. Now the Mavs fan base is something else altogether.

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM

ITS PLAYOFFS, so RS means crap. You can always find one statistic and point it out where a team looks bad and ignoring other facts that doesnt fit. But then your name is John Trollinger.

Yeah it is bad...I agree stats dont lie but I am saying the playoffs are a whole different game. Good luck Mavs fan!

DubMcDub
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Number of posts where DudMcDud has actually provided a cogent argument against anything I've said to date: 0

Number of posts where you've made a single point worth responding to substantively: ____

I'll let you go ahead and figure out what the number is.

SenorSpur
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Jalen rose is an idiot.

It's amazing how a guy who actually played professional basketball can have such an amateurish opinion.

Unless Manu, Tim or TP get injured, this series will be anything but a cakewalk - for either team.

I hope Hill is ok and ready to go too.

jestersmash
number of posts where you've made a single point worth responding to substantively: ____

i'll let you go ahead and figure out what the number is.

ZB 512
I just want a good series to get excited about. I dont want to see a cleen sweep either way. I want to watch balls to the wall BBALL & hopefully the Spurs will end up on top. If not, well than thats the way it goes. I dont see either team winning the championship, but both teams have been playing really well as of late. I am actually excited about the Spurs' chances considering how we have played & who we have played the last month. With that said, the Mavs are no push over. I worry about their length down low & they have plenty of scoring power if they get hot. This will require a great defensive effort by the Spurs. I believe both teams have an equal chance overall in the PO. Either way, I believe the Spurs will be a great sight to see next season. But again, we as fans should not disrespect this Mavs team, just because we have played relatively great ball as of late. It wont be easy win or lose for either team. Now the Mavs fan base is something else altogether.

you didnt mention the Spurs championships from years ago...WTF man

nbaman99
yeah he is an idiot and a fool. Just ignore that mf.

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:32 PM
all I know is that if the Spurs are worried about tanking :lol and playing games for "confidence", then they have too many internal problems to beat this current Mavs team

Tanking in the playoffs? HAHAHAHA Mavs fan accusing any team of tanking in the playoffs is like a crackhead talking shit about someone who smokes crack

Dallas Mavs chokin since 87

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM

Yeah b/c that means nothing, right?:lol

sefant77
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah it is bad...I agree stats dont lie but I am saying the playoffs are a whole different game. Good luck Mavs fan!

Actually thats what im saying all the time.

Forget last year because both teams arent the same, forget the RS games and specially this game tonight

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah b/c that means nothing, right?:lol

certainly didnt mean much in getting them a seed better than #7 in 2010

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Actually thats what im saying all the time.

Forget last year because both teams arent the same, forget the RS games and specially this game tonight

Thank you! Either team can win this series...it will come down to the bench/role players.

:toast Heres to a kick ass series!!!

sefant77
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
It's amazing how a guy who actually played professional basketball can have such an amateurish opinion.

Im amazed how ex-players can carry their personal crap out in the world. Thats not "experts", thats douchebags trashing always teams or players they lost against in their career.

Chris Webber is the king of them.

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
certainly didnt mean much in getting them a seed better than #7 in 2010

Yeah it means a lot.....but championship teams win on the road and I think the Spurs are up to the challenge....at the same time dallas is too...

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:37 PM
yes it was a win

an NBA team that chooses to tank a game doesnt get a free pass

who tanked a game?

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah it means a lot.....but championship teams win on the road and I think the Spurs are up to the challenge....at the same time dallas is too...

Dallas won the SW division championship THIS season, and has the best road record in the league THIS season....

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Im amazed how ex-players can carry their personal crap out in the world. Thats not "experts", thats douchebags trashing always teams or players they lost against in their career.

Chris Webber is the king of them.

Dont forget greg anthony

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Dont forget greg anthony

not everyone can be the brilliant commentator that is Sean E.lliot

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
not everyone can be the brilliant commentator that is Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

I think Tim Tebow can lead an NBA team to the promise land

UnWantedTheory
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM

Why would I ? The only teams worthy of our 4 rings argument are not involved in this discussion. :king :p:

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
not everyone can be the brilliant commentator that is Sean E.lliot

cant forget billy land...he is the bee's knees

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
u know what i dont like about this series, dunno how many games it will go, but whoever comes through will have a team waiting fully rejuvenated in the next round, spurs have been fckd up by this playoff schedule a few times now....

ZB 512
04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
u know what i dont like about this series, dunno how many games it will go, but whoever comes through will have a team waiting fully rejuvenated in the next round, spurs have been fckd up by this playoff schedule a few times now....

perhaps they should stop tanking games...

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM

No team will be rejuvenated in this yrs west playoffs

tp2021
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Do you Mav fans really think the Mavs are that much better than the Spurs? I know they aren't setting the world on fire, but i still don't understand why the Spurs are getting written off so easily.

LOL@MavsFan
04-14-2010, 11:56 PM
perhaps they should stop tanking games...

LOL tanking games
:lol

Its called resting players

Mr.Robinson
04-15-2010, 12:16 AM

I give them credit for playing well against the Spurs. I also know they wouldn't have won in 06 without the refs.

barbacoataco
04-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Excited about the matchup. This gets better the more bad blood there is. Looking forward to seeing who can step up for the Spurs defending Dirk and limit him somewhat. If Ginobili turns it on I think he could be the best player on the court which could give the advantage to the Spurs.

My bloods black and silver and I could make a lot of points about why I think the Spurs can win. But I would have to admit that Dallas has beat the Spurs in the past and they come into this series with the upper hand. Looking forward to it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
wtf takes rose seriously anyway, this is the same guy was broadcasting allowing nve throw a towel at his head hahahhahaa

Findog
04-15-2010, 12:22 AM

Against +.500 teams:

Dallas: 25-18, 13-9 Home, 12-9 Road
San Antonio: 20-23, 11-9 Home, 9-14 Road

Season Series, excluding tonight's preseason game:

Dallas 2, San Antonio 1

Dallas before the trade: 32-20, .615 Winning Percentage
Dallas after the trade: 23-7, .766 Winning Percentage

Dallas also has the fifth-best point differential in the league since the trade.

Next.

Biggems
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM

i will give u Mavs in 5 or 7.....but i will not give u Mavs in 4 or 6. i do not see the Mavs closing out the Spurs in SA this year. I can see the Spurs in 6 or 7.

Mavs 5 or 7
Spurs 6 or 7

now for my homer prediction

Spurs in 6.

1 - Spurs
2 - Mavs
3 - Spurs
4 - Spurs
5 - Mavs
6 - Spurs

barbacoataco
04-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Ginobili has to be Jordan-like for the Spurs to win. But that might happen.

jestersmash
04-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Against +.500 teams:

Dallas: 25-18, 13-9 Home, 12-9 Road
San Antonio: 20-23, 11-9 Home, 9-14 Road

Season Series, excluding tonight's preseason game:

Dallas 2, San Antonio 1

Dallas before the trade: 32-20, .615 Winning Percentage
Dallas after trade: 23-7, .766 Winning Percentage

Dallas also has the fifth-best point differential in the league since their trade.

Next.

I will admit that's a well supported argument against what I said. Not even being sarcastic here, that's the sort of thing I've been looking for and have not been getting my DudMcDud's incessant "hURR HHURR U DUMB"

Christ, how do you guys manage to not go insane with an absolute tard like that ruining the image of your fanbase on ST.

I literally facepalm everytime I see him post his subjective banter followed up with vacuous ad hominems

04-15-2010, 12:26 AM
spurs fans are in pretty big denial right now. the mavs are a very good team, especially against the spurs. they match up very well against the spurs. this will be a long uphill battle for the spurs.

hunterxaz
04-15-2010, 12:27 AM
one and done, lol.

jestersmash
04-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Actually, I don't entirely agree with your use of dallas and SA's record over 500 teams for the entire season, under the assumption that later regular season play going into the playoffs is a more accurate indicator of playoff success than earlier regular season play.

Biggems
04-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Ginobili has to be Jordan-like for the Spurs to win. But that might happen.

no he doesnt, he just has to be healthy....

i wonder what the rotation will be.

McDyess
Duncan
Jefferson
Manu
Parker

Bonner
Blair
Bogans
Mason/Temple
Hill

MmP
04-15-2010, 12:28 AM

I have to give you credit in this one. It's really a point actually. Spurs pretty much all their pieces together. And it's feeling kind of funny how many spurs fans are over optimisitic that we can beat the mavs. I think we can but it's gonna take a long series to it. If Spurs don't win I dont see where some spurs fans are going to get their excuses from...

Findog
04-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Actually, I don't entirely agree with your use of dallas and SA's record over 500 teams for the entire season, under the assumption that later regular season play going into the playoffs is a more accurate indicator of playoff success than earlier regular season play.

Dallas 4-4 in March/April against winning teams, -0.87 PD

San Antonio 8-6 in March/April against winning teams, + 3.42 PD

What hurts the Mavs is that when they've lost, they've tended to lose big.

sefant77
04-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Elliott's biggest gem tonight may have been when JJB drew the offensive foul on Parker, and Elliott remarked, "Go ahead, Tony. I got your back. We'll just do anything to squash that little pest."

Did he really say this?! As a professional announcer? wtf...

admiralsnackbar
04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Who cares what Jalen Rose says...honestly? :lol

Exactly.

jjktkk
04-15-2010, 12:43 AM

Win a championship.

ZB 512
04-15-2010, 12:44 AM
I give them credit for playing well against the Spurs. I also know they wouldn't have won in 06 without the refs.

yet, Duncan had more total FTs than Dirk [/fact]

yet, the Spurs had more total FTs than the Mavs [/fact]

Spurs are the last team that should complain about refs

ZB 512
04-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Exactly.

not me...I certainly wouldnt create a thread about it

ZB 512
04-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Do you Mav fans really think the Mavs are that much better than the Spurs? I know they aren't setting the world on fire, but i still don't understand why the Spurs are getting written off so easily.

not much better, but better...and with home court advantage

xellos88330
04-15-2010, 12:46 AM

The only game in that series that bothered me was game 3. Terrible officiating for both teams that one.

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2010, 12:57 AM
down late in the stretch of the games, the refs bailed the mavs out, imo shouldve just allowed it to go into OT and let the better team win, but no....

tdunk21
04-15-2010, 01:05 AM
since when do people really care what jalen rose says....he is a total loser...

DubMcDub
04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I literally facepalm everytime I see him post his subjective banter followed up with vacuous ad hominems

You seem to have a lot of physical reactions to the things you read on SpursTalk--"literally rolling on the floor laughing," "literally facepalming," and so on. You should probably get that checked out.

I'm not the caliber e-doctor of the folks in the George Hill thread, but I'm fairly certain that's not healthy or normal.

CubanSucks
04-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Even before this thread I've always thought of Jalen Rose as an idiot. Unbelievable how he even has his job. Usually sports commentators who suck as bad as he does only get that job if they were HoF type players. The dude always has that stupid smurk on his face and NEVER opens his mouth all the way to talk

Blackjack
04-15-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't get the hatred for Rose. I can understand people not liking his presentation or disagreeing with his opinions, but he's not out to get the Spurs; he was picking them over the Suns and others just a couple of years ago.

I just caught NBA Fastbreak and he said Spurs-Mavs would be the most competitive first round series. He stated he believed the Mavs would win (he picked them last year as well) but he said the Spurs have a team with champions that aren't going to go down easy.

As far as last year is concerned, the Spurs got put out of their misery. They were the better team for the majority of the year, just not when they played the Mavs. That's a fact (and you only need to look at the seeding to confirm it). The Spurs were a shell of the team we were used to seeing without Manu and Duncan playing on one leg and the Mavs, to their credit, handled their business.

Was it the beatdown some make it out to be? No. But the 4-1 outcome looks lopsided enough to think it was if you hadn't watched the games; Spurs fans should know better after the two 4-1 series they've witnessed against the Suns . . .

Sisk
04-15-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm not the caliber e-doctor of the folks in the George Hill thread, but I'm fairly certain that's not healthy or normal.

:lmao

Dirkadirkastan
04-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Disclaimer: I don't think these are the real picks and I expect them to change but right now: (EDIT: This has been updated and the picture isn't accurate.)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/shadyparadox/wtf.png

(And did Rose change his pick so soon?)

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/spurs-mavericks

spursrocks
04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
spurs in 6

Dirkadirkastan
04-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Ok, it's changed now.

I-Ball
04-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Ok, it's changed now.

and now its much more realistic with every expert expecting at least 6 games.

barberbilly
04-15-2010, 06:15 AM
jalen rose is really the worst analyst on tv-- worse than mashburn. ready to beat those fag mavs and make their bitch fans sad.

easy7
04-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Last championship: Never won a title.
Shit talking: 24/7.
May the best team win.
:lmao

galvatron3000
04-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Mavs will lose the series in 6

easy7
04-15-2010, 06:56 AM

The Mavs choked against Miami [/fact]

urunobili
04-15-2010, 07:01 AM
How many times since Ginobili plays for the Spurs they lost in the first round of the playoffs? IIRC just the year he didn't play and was injured... :wakeup

Rummpd
04-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Spurs in 5 - Mark it down - the Spurs healthy are a far superior team with a real superstar and Manu playing better than Kidd or anyone else on the Mavs.

TJastal
04-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Spurs in 5 - Mark it down - the Spurs healthy are a far superior team with a real superstar and Manu playing better than Kidd or anyone else on the Mavs.

You do remember what the spurs looked like when Hill was out? Wasn't real pretty. Let's pray for Georgie's health is close to 100% and then I'll gladly co-sign your argument

Supergirl
04-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Mavs make me nervous, more than any other team except maybe Utah. And the Lakers, though they are playing poorly and look damaged, I never want to count them out.

Mavs are long and athletic and that always poses match up problems for the Spurs. And since the trade for Haywood they are better defensively.

Duncan is the key - if he has the stamina and energy to dominate the Mavs have no answer for him.

Manu, RJ, Hill, and Parker getting into the lane and scoring often is also key. Spurs have the talent to beat them, and have the coaching to know how to work matchups over a 7 game series, but it won't be easy.

cd98
04-15-2010, 07:30 AM

Right. But those wins came against mostly crappy teams like the Clippers and our D League team. They were sucking before that. Also most, if not all of the games played were before the Mav trade and before the Spurs started to gel and with key Spurs out with injuries.

Mavs have home court, Dirk is on, and they improved in the trade, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs won in 6. It will be a very competitive series.

cd98
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM

Dirk gets a lot of free throws for a fade away jump shooter.

MoSpur
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Um...I heard the interview on Mike and Mike and I think he said Mavs in six. He's still wrong. I'll be honest. I didn't want the Mavericks because they usually present a tough match up for the Spurs. However, this year the way Manu is rolling and with Tim and Parker pretty much healthy, the Spurs can take this in six, but probably will go seven.

The Spurs have better role players like Jefferson, Hill, Blair, Dice, Bogans, and maybe even Temple if Pop actually gives him minutes to bother guys like Barea and Kidd.

mando6599
04-15-2010, 08:35 AM
I honestly believe that the Spurs match up better with the Mavs now, then they did before the Howard trade. JHo was a painful match-up to watch at times and I don't think that Butler has the same "worry" factor to me as JHo did. Yes Butler can score and play some D. But does he have the mental capacity to play in the playoffs as he's not played in them in a few years and not played with such a contender?

Haywood was a good pickup for the Mavs, no doubt. But he's just a little younger version of Damp, imo. I'm not too worried about him. Jet, although my hatred for him as a player is huge, on the other hand tends to worry me in this regard. We all know he doesn't play any sort of D. However, if he's hot the whole series in terms of shooting, then I think we're in trouble. Dirk will always get his against us, so just let that play out.

This should be a great series and honestly, with the way the Spurs have played on the road recently, I feel pretty good. However, if I take a giant step backward and purvey the season as a whole, the Spurs have a tendency to lay an egg offensively and defensively. I hope the Spurs win and I don't care if it takes 7 games with the 7th game going into 7 overtimes. Just win, baby.

mando

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't get why spurs fans get so upset? Mavs are the favorites. They cake walked the spurs last year. If this series is going to be a cake walk for a team, it will likely be the mavs. Spurs have a good team, but they have not set the world on fire. Gino has struggled in his last few games along w tp. Hill just hurt his ankle to an unknown extent. These things on the surface add up to guys picking the mavs. Nothing to cry about and it's why you play the games.

Spurs will be there, so don't worry about it.

GSH
04-15-2010, 09:00 AM
We all know what Jalen Rose was doing there. If Bill Clinton could have done it, he wouldn't have needed Monica Lewinski. I just hope he doesn't start hacking up hairballs on the court.

jack0fspeed
04-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Looking at how all 10 ESPN analysts picked the series, it was the second most controversial.

6-4 for UTA over DEN
7-3 for DAL over SAS
9-1 for PHX over POR
10-0 for LAL over OKC
10-0 for ORL over CHA
10-0 for ATL over MIL
10-0 for BOS over MIA
10-0 for CLE over CHI

sa_butta
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Mavs are the best regular season team since the Phx Suns...eyes on the prize
Exactly, the bad news is they won their championship in the first round of the playoffs against us.

Good news is they did it against an unhealthy Spurs team.

Spurs in 5.

Wombatzu
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
We all know what Jalen Rose was doing there. If Bill Clinton could have done it, he wouldn't have needed Monica Lewinski. I just hope he doesn't start hacking up hairballs on the court.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5874/confuseddog.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/confuseddog.jpg/)

Russ
04-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Jalen Rose is a very credible, thoughtful NBA analyst. The best in the biz.

If he likes the Mavs in 5, it's not because he's foolish or hates the Spurs.

leemajors
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Mavs could win in 5, but I don't think the Spurs could win in under 6 if they happened to.

cd98
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Dirk is our big match up problem. He is for everyone. If he's nailing that fade away jumper, there is really not much we can do. The key to the series is whether Dirk plays like an MVP or an all-star. If Dirk is good, but not great, I think the Spurs can win.

But if the Spurs have to double Dirk to get the ball out of his hands, we will get killed on the Mav threes.

Also, the Mavs defend the Spurs's three point shooters very well. So we'll have to win it from the paint. Not sure if our team has that mentality. But we'll see.

GSH
04-15-2010, 09:36 AM

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5874/confuseddog.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/confuseddog.jpg/)

Sorry... too obtuse? Rose has been been all over the Mavs since they traded for Jason Kidd. And he's been known to double down on his picks, once he makes them. Calling it a "cake walk" is just his way of... blowing his own horn.

He'll be courtside for ESPN. If he does hack up any hairballs, they probably won't televise it.

Jalen Rose is a very credible, thoughtful NBA analyst. The best in the biz.

If he likes the Mavs in 5, it's not because he's foolish or hates the Spurs.

I think your credibility suffers a bit when you do things like picking the T-Wolves to win more games than the Rockets this year. That's what Mr. Thoughful did before this season.

peteee
04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Didnt mention that the Spurs were without Manu, Duncan and Hill

LOL bitter ex-Suns
LOL 83 pts Jalen
LOL :lmao
LOL Burritos
LOL stammering midgets
LOL legume hybrids

GSH
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
LOL Burritos
LOL stammering midgets
LOL legume hybrids

Seriously... your head is crooked. I can handle the trolling, but the photo has to go.

GSH
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/TD_is_the_MAN/fw2clu.gif

CubanMustGo
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Looking at how all 10 ESPN analysts picked the series, it was the second most controversial.

6-4 for UTA over DEN
7-3 for DAL over SAS
9-1 for PHX over POR
10-0 for LAL over OKC
10-0 for ORL over CHA
10-0 for ATL over MIL
10-0 for BOS over MIA
10-0 for CLE over CHI

Not only that, but five of the analysts hedged their bets by saying SAS-DAL will go to seven. Four of those picked Dallas so it's not like they're saying there's a huge margin of difference.

On the bad side, Hollinger is one of the ones that picked SA outright.

rjv
04-15-2010, 10:13 AM
the mavs should be favored as they are deeper, have home court and have been the most consistent team. they are also healthier.

for the spurs to win, manu has to be great, duncan has to be a presence in all of the games, parker has to step up to being the TP of last year and jefferson, mcdyess and hill have to be effective. then, our bench has to be steady. a lot of ifs to get together but the chances are at least far better than they were last year with no manu.

MannyIsGod
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I think most knowledgeable fans realize that the Mavericks are the favorites to win this series. The Spurs are the 7th seed for a reason and its not because they wanted a new challenge.

I think the Spurs CAN win this series but they need for a lot of things to fall into place:

1. The Big 3 need to play like the Big 3. If any of these guys does not play up to their potential then the odds of winning will drop dramatically. Manu is going to have to do the heaviest lifting but unless Duncan and Parker also contribute at all star levels then the Mavs are probably going to dominate this series.

2. We're going to have to get solid role playing contributions in every game. This doesn't mean that Hill, Jefferson and others have to play amazingly ever single game but the fact of the matter is that the Spurs will need SOMEONE to step up each and every game to provide a fourth option and reliable bench scoring. It could be Hill one game and Jefferson another but they will need someone to step up and help the Big 3.

3. Jefferson will have to play good to great defense on Dirk. Hill is too small, Hairston isn't likely to get much of a shot and is probably too light anyway but Jefferson provides the best chance we have at limiting Dirk from a superstar performance. We don't need him to channel Bowen but we do need him to provide good defense and prevent Dirk from having amazing games. Good games we can live with, Amazing games not so much.

They may seem obvious but the lack of consistency on these issues is a huge reason the Spurs are the 7th seed and not the 2nd seed.

EmptyMan
04-15-2010, 10:32 AM

lol in no way, shape, or form are the Mavs easier than the Jazz.

The Jazz are SCRUBS. They have not proven shit the last decade, yet they keep getting play. I still don't get it.

The Mavs have proven time and time again they have no fear whatsoever towards the Spurs.

GSH
04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
the mavs should be favored as they are deeper, have home court and have been the most consistent team. they are also healthier.

Win or lose, the "cake walk" comment was ignorant. That's all I'm saying. :nope

leemajors
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I think most knowledgeable fans realize that the Mavericks are the favorites to win this series. The Spurs are the 7th seed for a reason and its not because they wanted a new challenge.

I think the Spurs CAN win this series but they need for a lot of things to fall into place:

1. The Big 3 need to play like the Big 3. If any of these guys does not play up to their potential then the odds of winning will drop dramatically. Manu is going to have to do the heaviest lifting but unless Duncan and Parker also contribute at all star levels then the Mavs are probably going to dominate this series.

2. We're going to have to get solid role playing contributions in every game. This doesn't mean that Hill, Jefferson and others have to play amazingly ever single game but the fact of the matter is that the Spurs will need SOMEONE to step up each and every game to provide a fourth option and reliable bench scoring. It could be Hill one game and Jefferson another but they will need someone to step up and help the Big 3.

3. Jefferson will have to play good to great defense on Dirk. Hill is too small, Hairston isn't likely to get much of a shot and is probably too light anyway but Jefferson provides the best chance we have at limiting Dirk from a superstar performance. We don't need him to channel Bowen but we do need him to provide good defense and prevent Dirk from having amazing games. Good games we can live with, Amazing games not so much.

They may seem obvious but the lack of consistency on these issues is a huge reason the Spurs are the 7th seed and not the 2nd seed.

Solid.

rjv
04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Win or lose, the "cake walk" comment was ignorant. That's all I'm saying. :nope

definitely. and jalen rose can often be a dumb ass so i agree...

bus driver
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
:flipoff mavs and mav lovers

i know the S&B will lay all the chips on the table and win the series.....but it they happen to fail then it is nothing more than a #2 seed beating the #7 seed and i dont give the mavs any credit

carib
04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't get why spurs fans get so upset? Mavs are the favorites. They cake walked the spurs last year. If this series is going to be a cake walk for a team, it will likely be the mavs. Spurs have a good team, but they have not set the world on fire. Gino has struggled in his last few games along w tp. Hill just hurt his ankle to an unknown extent. These things on the surface add up to guys picking the mavs. Nothing to cry about and it's why you play the games.

Spurs will be there, so don't worry about it.

Thanks so much for bringing some common sense to this dialogue

GSH
04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
We was wonderin. Could we get some a that cake?

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/trolls.jpg

Whisky Dog
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM

You giving the Spurs credit now?

polandprzem
04-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Rose was not there to eat crow and more, after game 3 he said dallas have a bad matchup with Tim duncan because they do not have a PF to guard him. He mentioned that Dirk as a PF can't do it.

:rolleyes

Fpoonsie
04-26-2010, 02:27 AM
All this premature thread bumping is making me fucking nervous.

will_spurs
04-26-2010, 06:28 AM
All this premature thread bumping is making me fucking nervous.

Not saying anything, just that a) Mavs won't win in 5 and b) it sure wasn't a cakewalk.

We've heard people saying that whoever won game 3 would win the series, then whoever won game 4 would win the series but I'll tell you that much: if the Spurs win game 5, they win the series :lol

100%duncan
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Jalen Rose is a dumb idiot. We are going to finish this at game 5!

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-26-2010, 06:34 AM

Great points! In that case, I pick the Mavs to win this series! :lmao

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-26-2010, 06:39 AM
lol in no way, shape, or form are the Mavs easier than the Jazz.

The Jazz are SCRUBS. They have not proven shit the last decade, yet they keep getting play. I still don't get it.

The Mavs have proven time and time again they have no fear whatsoever towards the Spurs.

BUT... the Jazz really aren't healthy (which speaks poorly of the Nuggets). I think when you factor in health, Dallas presents the bigger challenge of the two right at the moment. But of course, we won't see Utah anyway unless we both advance to the WC Finals.

GSH
04-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Dear Jalen,

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tree9148/failure.jpg

Agloco
04-26-2010, 07:31 AM

Of course, they're the regular season champions many years running now. :rolleyes

How long will it take before people realize that the regular season is irrelevant come playoff time?

polandprzem
04-26-2010, 07:35 AM
he was wrong and that's not bad. bad thing is not to realize he had bad comments.

The series still is on and before the playoffs with unsure Hill and TP just coming back nobody would expect the spurs to lead the series 3-1

GSH
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Should we send Jalen Rose a cake?

What an idiot.

Strike
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Send his stupid ass a big cake shaped like a SPORK!!!!

http://zenbackpacking.net/Faltware/VargoSpork.jpg

HORNSWOGGLE
04-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Lol mavs cake walk