PDA

View Full Version : Aaaah...silence is beautiful.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
For the last two weeks the talking head block - Rome, Around the Horn and PTI -on ESPN has been filled with conversations about the Nuggets and Spurs, much of it filled with predictions of a Denver upset, most of it motivated by excitement about the Nuggets.

Today, there was one small snippet concerning the Sonics and that's it. I absolutely love that the Spurs are back to their old, boring, flying-under-the-radar winning ways. They just whupped the team "nobody wants to play" and now the top story is who Jerry Buss is going to hire as the Lakers coach. I love having the world back to the way it's supposed to be, and I love rooting for a team that doesn't draw tons of carpetbagging fans.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Okay, I'm a dope. As soon as I say that, Tim Legler comes on and gushes all about the Spurs. :)

Ishta
05-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, I can truly say this is a truism....The Spurs will do what they do best...Win quietly, and solidly.Looking forward to the Parade!

GO SPURS GO

Manu20
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Okay, I'm a dope. As soon as I say that, Tim Legler comes on and gushes all about the Spurs. :)

On PTI Legler said that Manu was a SuperStar. :fro

exstatic
05-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Manu = Manure[/sequsquirt]

E20
05-05-2005, 07:28 PM
What do you mean quiet?
We still have to fight through a barrage of 'Sonique' trolls, 'Mav/Housten/Suns' trolls and 'whoever we play in the final' trolls.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 10:02 PM
What do you mean quiet?
We still have to fight through a barrage of 'Sonique' trolls, 'Mav/Housten/Suns' trolls and 'whoever we play in the final' trolls.
There are always going to be trolls. I just mean on the talking head shows. SAS won't say a word. Jay Mariotti probably sucked off stat boy to avoid having to discuss the fact that he picked the Nuggets even after they were down 3-1 and if it weren't for Tim "I pick the Twolves" Legler leaping onto the bandwagon there wouldn't really have been a mention of them. That's the way I like it. The rest of the world doesn't deserve the Spurs.

E20
05-05-2005, 10:28 PM
My bad

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
No worries, y0. :)

johnny00
05-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Legler has had the Spurs all season. He's good folk.
????????????

This is the same Tim Legler that had predicted in October- December that the Timberwolves were the best team in the NBA and would win the division and be in the conference finals.

When January came around he backepeddled and danced around those statements and started jumping on the Spurs bandwagon like every other media drone in America.