PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations DeJuan Blair!

draft87
04-15-2010, 02:52 AM
On the high note of a beastly performance in the season's closer, I want to give DeJuanTanamo Blair a shout out for his ironic "perfect-attendance" rookie season.

A year ago the Spurs finished another season that ended too early because of health and then drafted a player who fell to #37 because of questions about his health.

Granted most of the issues were long term, it's poetic justice that Blair passed his first year of Spurs-school as the only player in San Antonio to make all 82 games!

Blair gets some more beast points for coming through in the finale after scoring 5 total points in the 3 previous games against the Mavericks.

FkLA
04-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Agreed, great rookie season for Dejuanito. On another note how many rookies can say they had two 20-20 games in a season? I love the future of this team more and more everyday there may be light at the end of the Duncan era afterall.

angelbelow
04-15-2010, 03:56 AM
He came in with so much hype I cant say that I am surprised by his success. But when you really sit back and think about it, he accomplishes quite a bit this year. I mean hes still foul prone and makes some dumb mistakes - but hes also shown enough potential for Pop to play him every single game this year.

taps
04-15-2010, 04:12 AM
I've always thought Blair can be better than Hill and I'm sticking to it. I'm betting he'll surprise a lot of people next year by more consistently doing the amazing things we saw only flashes of.

Pretty hard to discount a 6-5 PF who accomplished something only Shaq has in the last 25 years

urunobili
04-15-2010, 05:28 AM
:worthy: to da beast... con someone share the photoshop of "lol rookie wall" that circulated on here after his first 20-20 game? :)

Fernando TD21
04-15-2010, 06:12 AM
From 1986-87 to 2009-10, in the regular season, requiring Total Rebounds >= 20 and Points >= 20, sorted by ascending Age. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=HOI8B)
The Beast is part of a really impressive group of players. His size, age and amount of time played makes his accomplishments even more impressive. :toast

hector234
04-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Im a huge Blair supporter, he has been a stud this year considering he doesn't get a lot of minutes at times. Its funny how a lot of people had concerns about him and how he would play in the pros, the Blair vs Thabeet debate has been put to rest. This guy can only get better, and thats the exciting part for us fans and a scary thing for opposing teams

Pauleta14
04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
The thing is, that as impressive is his first year, had he fallen in any other team, his stats would be EVEN MORE impressive...
Don't forget, Pop is not a coach that allowes you to take care of your stats, he often put him out of a game after only a few min played and we didn't always "used" the best of him...

Imagine his stats with the warriors, Clippers, Nets, Knicks, kings... FREAKY!!

Pauleta14
04-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Im a huge Blair supporter, he has been a stud this year considering he doesn't get a lot of minutes at times. Its funny how a lot of people had concerns about him and how he would play in the pros, the Blair vs Thabeet debate has been put to rest. This guy can only get better, and thats the exciting part for us fans and a scary thing for opposing teams

Not about his level of play, but his knees!

I can't lie, I'm still worried/afraid when he falls down hard ...
Even if he plays every practices and games all year long, I'd still be for years.
Playing with no ACL is not supposed to be POSSIBLE...:lol

ceperez
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Blair is a unique talent and should learn how to play like Sir Charles. That is, play at the SF position. He's too small for both center and powerforward and will remain a liability in defense at those positions.

Fortunately though, the Mavs centers are so inept in their offense that it may not be a problem in the first round.

mudyez
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM
This guy can only get better, and thats the exciting part for us fans and a scary thing for opposing teams

that also can be said on thabeet...but only because he is so bad :downspin:

cant say, I see them winning a ship with blair+hill (although I love them both), but at the very least, they have some tradepiecesin place to make some moves.
(even though I'd love to see us going on with both of them)

jack0fspeed
04-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Mr. "Paul Milsap Upside" was nice last night, I have to admit.

Old School 44
04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Barring injury, I think Blair will have a better career than a lot of people think. He looks hungry (not literally :lol) to be a star. Sure, he needs to improve his game, but what rookie doesn't. The thing that impresses me the most is he seems to want to be the "go to" guy. When he plays free, knowing he's not going to be pulled, and is looked at as a top offensive option like last night, he plays even more aggressive.

bigfan
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
A damn fine rookie performance. Add to that Hills maturity and the Temple discovery and Im happy. Ill be happier when we unload Mason ( I like him but he's in a masssive slump and needs a change of scenery).

Mal
04-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Great job DeJuan

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Blair is a unique talent and should learn how to play like Sir Charles. That is, play at the SF position.

:bang

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Blair is a unique talent and should learn how to play like Sir Charles. That is, play at the SF position. He's too small for both center and powerforward and will remain a liability in defense at those positions.

Fortunately though, the Mavs centers are so inept in their offense that it may not be a problem in the first round.

:lmao
http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/2009/090418-from-this-angle.jpg

wildbill2u
04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Watching the Game Channel on Yahoo that describes every important action/play by the player involved, it looked like Blair was taking on the Mavs almost by himself.

Seemed like every notable play, whether scoring, steals, assists, or rebounds of course, was done by Blair. The guy was everywhere. And we were playing the likes of Bonner, Mason, Jefferson, with him who were absolutely atrocious.

In the 4th he played even harder. When it got to within 6 points, I was laughing out loud, thinking DA BEAST is gonna pull this thing off. It was a helluva a showing.