PDA

View Full Version : We'll feel heart wrenching moments but in the end they will repeat as Champs

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
"Recent history will always remember the Lakers more fondly than the Spurs, hold Kobe Bryant (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=110) in a higher regard than Tim Duncan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=215) and put Phil Jackson in a different class than Gregg Popovich.

It's not simply because the Lakers play near Hollywood and the Spurs play near the River Walk. It's because the Spurs were never able to repeat as champions. Since the late 1980s the true mark of a legendary team isn't just to win one title or a title every other season; it's to complete the back-to-back or the more elusive three-peat.

It's the challenge currently facing the Lakers, who are trying to avoid being the NBA's latest one-hit wonder."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5062606

Muser
04-15-2010, 07:22 AM
21 bynums writes for espn.

#2!
04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
fuck espn

D-Wade #3
04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Telling a bitch she's hot when she's ugly as fuck does her no good..In this case, the Lakers are that bitch

z0sa
04-15-2010, 09:20 AM
hold Kobe Bryant in a higher regard than Tim Duncan

not

picc84
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Too many things went wrong this season. Don't see it happening.

Fpoonsie
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Arash Markazi is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

21_Blessings
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
No repeat no dynasty.

san antonio spurs
04-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Even though the spurs have yet to repeat, they aren't one hit wonders. WTF They won 4 titles in 9 years

TheManFromAcme
04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Even though the spurs have yet to repeat, they aren't one hit wonders. WTF They won 4 titles in 9 years

Your right They are not one hit wonders. 4 titles in 9 years is a great accomplishment and I'll be the first to say that those were fantastic teams the Spurs had but not defending at least one of those is hard to cement them as "one of the greatest".

One of the greatest to include:

- LA
- Boston
- Bulls

Pretty much ends the list. I don't count Houston or Detroit. To much of a drought between their wins.

Just my opinion. Discuss

MavDynasty
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Arash Markazi is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Ashraf?

Tacker is that you?

san antonio spurs
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Your right They are not one hit wonders. 4 titles in 9 years is a great accomplishment and I'll be the first to say that those were fantastic teams the Spurs had but not defending at least one of those is hard to cement them as "one of the greatest".

- LA
- Boston
- Bulls

Pretty much ends the list. I don't count Houston or Detroit. To much of a drought between their wins.

Just my opinion. Discuss
Nobody in their right mind would argue against the 3 franchises you just listed. You won't find spurs fans claiming that their team was as great as those. The point I'm making is that spurs fans are at peace with their franchise's place in history. It's spurs haters that struggle with that notion. We don't have a problem being behind the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls. All we know is that other franchises but those three would love being in the spurs' place.

Spursfan092120
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Nobody in their right mind would argue against the 3 franchises you just listed. You won't find spurs fans claiming that their team was as great as those. The point I'm making is that spurs fans are at peace with their franchise's place in history. It's spurs haters that struggle with that notion. We don't have a problem being behind the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls. All we know is that other franchises but those three would love being in the spurs' place.
:tu

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't count Houston or Detroit. To much of a drought between their wins.

Yeah, Houston's wins were almost 12 whole months apart.

ajh18
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM

- LA
- Boston
- Bulls

Just my opinion. Discuss

And in terms of being a "Dynasty," only Russell's Celtics would count under the repeat requirement y'all are asking for. I've always seen Duncan's Spurs as on a similar level to Bird's Celtics. If one counts as one of the all-time great teams, the other has to also.

rmt
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
And in terms of being a "Dynasty," only Russell's Celtics would count under the repeat requirement y'all are asking for. I've always seen Duncan's Spurs as on a similar level to Bird's Celtics. If one counts as one of the all-time great teams, the other has to also.

Especially since Bird's Celtics never repeated either and won only 3 titles compared to the Spurs' 4.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2010, 12:50 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, Bird's Celtics had to overcome tougher competition. But of course won less than Duncan, that would probably be your argument