PDA

View Full Version : Peter Steele from Type O Negative Dead

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2010, 08:11 AM
http://www.iconvsicon.com/2010/04/15/type-o-negative-peter-steele-allegedly-dead-from-heart-failure/

Reports began circulating this morning on the Internet that Peter Steele, the forty-eight year old bassist/singer for gothic rock band, Type O Negative has died from heart failure on Wednesday, April 14, 2010.
Steele’s friend Juliya Chernetsky from Fuse TV broke the news via her Twitter page (http://twitter.com/mistressjuliya).
“Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…” adding later that “he passed of heart failure”. This is not the first time that reports of Peter Steele’s death have surfaced. In 2005 there were rumors circulating that Steele had died.
This time around however, it appears that the 6′ 7″ rocker has indeed tasted death’s sweet kiss. Fellow bandmate Kenny Hickey has confirmed initial rumors of his passing. Keyboardist Josh Silver has also confirmed to Blabbermouth.net (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138519) that the Steele has indeed passed away.
Born Peter Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York, Steele fronted Type O Negative. The band was dark and moody with songs containing dramatic lyrical themes of romance, depression and death. Type O Negative went platinum in 1993 with “Bloody Kisses”. Their latest album was produced in 2007 and is titled, “Dead Again”.

Slydragon
04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
48? Damn he was young, that sucks. I listen to his music back in the day and still do time to time.

Drachen
04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
They had an album in the last 10 years?? Wow, I might have to check it out. I really liked type-o. Yeah, it was moody goth rock, but it was most certainly ROCK. I met peter once and a show at this place that used to be on St. Mary's called El Toro. Bumped into something, looked down and it was an ice chest. I looked up and it was Peter Steele, he reached down and opened it up and said in his low voice "Want a Pepsi?" LOL it cracked me up.

Drachen
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
48? Damn he was young, that sucks. I listen to his music back in the day and still do time to time.

Yeah, if Christian Woman comes on, it is most certainly cranked. They were the only concert I ever snuck into at Sunken gardens. Type-o and Pantera back in 96 I think. I was running down that hill at top speed with security behind me with Black number one playing.

koriwhat
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
black black black black.... number one--uhn--uhn.... ! awesome

Kermit
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I remember going to one of their gigs at some club on Riverside in Austin. Every song sounded the same, but they put on a good show.

DarkReign
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Still play Bloody Kisses every Halloween for kids coming to my door.

Favorite tune is Death in the Family

Not long ago, but far away
A rainy, winter's day
All her pain, she kept inside
Could no longer hide

No cry for help
She killed herself

Both life and love
Could not be saved
She took them both
To the grave

Duff McCartney
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Who?

Kermit
04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Who?

So, I went to find an image to post for you and the first one that came up was of this Steele guy holding his dick. Apparently he went and posed for Playgirl.

Drachen
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
safe search on!

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
vFwYJYl5GUQ

gm5k
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, if Christian Woman comes on, it is most certainly cranked. They were the only concert I ever snuck into at Sunken gardens. Type-o and Pantera back in 96 I think. I was running down that hill at top speed with security behind me with Black number one playing.

That was around the same time I saw both of them at Ozzfest in San Antonio I think. great show :toast

Slydragon
04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
So, I went to find an image to post for you and the first one that came up was of this Steele guy holding his dick. Apparently he went and posed for Playgirl.

Yup he thought it would have gotten him more chicks but later learn that the mag had a larger gay audience than females and said if he had known that he would have never done it.

alamo50
04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
he reached down and opened it up and said in his low voice "Want a Pepsi?".

:lol

Stringer_Bell
04-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Peter Steele was/is awesome, "Christian Woman" is the sheeeeeeeeeeit.

Rest in peace.

UPDD19l_xWE

eisfeld
04-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Very sad... Black No 1, Christian Woman, My Girlfriend's Girlfriend, I don't wanna be me, Love you to Death, Everything Dies and so on... all great songs and most of them classics. Very monotonous sound but with the sort of special ingredient you can get addicted to.

I especially liked what Steele did with other artists - especially the Status Quo Cover of Pictures of Matchstickman with Ozzy Osbourne... just great.

Rest in peace...

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2010, 02:26 PM
The cover of Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath is great. GREAT. Better than the original.

mxRt0KOr0sU

lefty
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Qui ?

RashoFan
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
:depressed RIP Peter

dimsah
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Fuck!!! That sucks.
I still listen to October Rust at least once a week.

Spurminator
04-15-2010, 05:50 PM
The cover of Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath is great. GREAT. Better than the original.

mxRt0KOr0sU

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

Many PackYao
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
That was around the same time I saw both of them at Ozzfest in San Antonio I think. great show :toast

Same here. I think that show was in '97 at the Alamodome.

MiamiHeat
04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
who?

and are drugs involved?

Medvedenko
04-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Amazing artist and band. He'll be sorely missed!

lil_penny
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
i was just listening to them the other day too....

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I guess he's finally happy, ya know?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-15-2010, 11:53 PM
his voice was so fucking amazing

i gotta dl me some type o

circ
04-16-2010, 02:39 AM
They had a few songs about losing a loved one.

Red Water my fave type o negative song is hard enough to listen to.
difficult to think about what a family member going through while lying in bed in the dark, listening to peter pour his soul out about family dying, and them knowing now he's gone too. and then like i mentioned there are a few of these songs they can put on repeat for hours
bummer never got to see them live. they were here for halloween in '99? 2000?
about the drugs: in the past yeah now? maybe a relapse ?
W9kKA698_WEQMHQQvBs6o4

LnGrrrR
04-16-2010, 04:26 AM
I loved, absolutely LOVED October Rust. And whoever mentioned the Black Sabbath cover, right on. But what about their Paranoid by Black Sabbath cover? That was AWESOME.

chode_regulator
04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
been listening to 'i dont wanna be me' on the reg lately

sucks mang

rip

Cant_Be_Faded
04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Only got October Rust in full. Been listening to it all day.

ROFLROFL forgot to post this last night

from his wiki:

Steele appeared as a nude centerfold of Playgirl in 1995.[3] After finding out via bandmate Kenny Hickey's contacts that only 23% of the magazine subscribers were female, Steele somewhat regretted the decision and later made light of it on Life Is Killing Me with the song "I Like Goils"
"Somewhat" regretted the decision, :lmao
Can you imagine how that conversation went?

"Hey I purposely did not tell you this beforehand, but most subscribers are gay."

It's like that episode of beavis and butthead where they tried all day to get their ear pierced, finally did it themselves, and turns out they pierced their right ear.

hahahaha
RIP dah

Slydragon
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Only got October Rust in full. Been listening to it all day.

ROFLROFL forgot to post this last night

from his wiki:

"Somewhat" regretted the decision, :lmao
Can you imagine how that conversation went?

"Hey I purposely did not tell you this beforehand, but most subscribers are gay."

It's like that episode of beavis and butthead where they tried all day to get their ear pierced, finally did it themselves, and turns out they pierced their right ear.

hahahaha
RIP dah

Yea I posted this earlier

Yup he thought it would have gotten him more chicks but later learn that the mag had a larger gay audience than females and said if he had known that he would have never done it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-16-2010, 10:43 PM
my bad
did a skim and did not catch it

Slydragon
04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
So any more news? I saw that his family said he was battling a illness but didn't give details.

I know he was scared to get a hiv test when all the band mate did back in the day but he died of heart failure so I don't know.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Anyone still mad jamming Type O?

Man it's like I'm in 7th grade all over again.

Mavs_man_41
04-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Anyone still mad jamming Type O?

Man it's like I'm in 7th grade all over again.

mentally maybe

The Gemini Method
04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I saw them once here in L.A. and had a good time. Wasn't my favorite, but for what the wanted to represent, they did a good job. I was a bit more into Sepultura/Slayer and the like.