PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys want Allen to replace Mason?

MoSpur
04-15-2010, 08:36 AM
We all pretty much know that Mason is gone after this season. He was brought in to hit threes and he pretty much did that all of last year's regular season and disappeared in the playoffs.

If I'm right, isn't Ray Allen a free agent after this season? If so, would you guys want him as a role player on this team to hit threes? Pop loves veterans and Allen is a veteran. Pop loves someone who can hit the three and Allen is one that can hit threes. I can't stand him. I think he's a crybaby, but he can't be worse than Mason.

Thoughts.

Cane
04-15-2010, 08:38 AM
He's likely too expensive. The likely replacement for Mason will either be Temple or another relatively cheap player.

admiralsnackbar
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Eff Allen and his paleolithic, crybaby ass.

blkroadrunners
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I'd rather have JJ Redick.

bus driver
04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
i rather have someone from ST than mason. :bang

:cry (that we have mason)

Drachen
04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Isnt it prostitution to pay for vagina?

mountainballer
04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
let De Colo replace Mason!

legend of united
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
i hope so , i hate mason :S

peteee
04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
He's likely too expensive. The likely replacement for Mason will either be Temple or another relatively cheap player.
If the Spurs managed to curbstomp the Mavs in the 1st round and continued to play well in playoffs this season, it wouldn't be one infeasible proposal to get Allen at a relatively cheap prize IMHO. With the desire for a couple more rings, Allen will probably choose to join the Spurs for MLE, something that Spurs have this year IIRC.

GSH
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
If the Spurs signed Allen, I hope they would require him to be interviewed before every game - by Bruce Bowen. I'd pay extra to see it.

bigfan
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Ray Allen is a crybaby asshole. No thanks.

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Moot point. Can't afford him.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Man.. no.. please... he's said horrible things about spurs players in the past. and he meant them.

Chomag
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Finley 2.0!

Well we know pop would be down for that at least

OrEmuN
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
No no ... we are not going to use MLE on him. That's for Tiago Splitter. We need a big more than Allen.

If he is agreeable for the LLE, I will say, sign him.

Chico
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Allen Iverson?

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Bring over Splitter, draft the best available, re-sign Bonner, and let minimum-salary guys battle it out for spots 11-15. I don't think Ray Allen would be cheap enough, and even if he was, I think the Spurs would be better off filling the bench with guys who won't complain about their roles (see Finley and Mason).

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Allen Iverson?

Hell no. What more proof do you need that AI isn't someone you want on your team?

sa_butta
04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I really like Ray Allen's shot, he is money...but I cannot stand him at all.

SA210
04-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Love Ray Allen.

Assman
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I'd rather have Bin Laden as our backup SG.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Eff Allen and his paleolithic, crybaby ass.
Paleolithic? That is not only horribly racist, but woefully inaccurate as well. Go be a hockey fan, redneck.

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd rather have Bin Laden as our backup SG.

Now THAT's veteran leadership :lol

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Paleolithic? That is not only horribly racist, but woefully inaccurate as well. Go be a hockey fan, redneck.

I'm pretty sure "paleolithic" was a reference to his age, and not his skin color. Forgive me if I'm missing your joke, but if you were serious, you've got issues.

Man In Black
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Paleolithic means Stone Age.

I'd take Shuttlesworth, but only if he comes for partial LLE.

I'd rather have Nocioni take LLE. At least that guy plays with heart.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure "paleolithic" was a reference to his age, and not his skin color. Forgive me if I'm missing your joke, but if you were serious, you've got issues.
If that is true, it is a poor choice of words since paleolithic refers to characteristics of the early man Pliocene of Africa. There are certainly better ways of calling a dude old than calling a black guy paleolithic. Jurassic, for example.

raywessels
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Definitions of paleolithic on the Web:

Paleolithic Age: second part of the Stone Age beginning about 750,00 to 500,000 years BC and lasting until the end of the last ice age about 8,500 years BC
of or relating to the second period of the Stone Age (following the eolithic); "paleolithic artifacts"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%3Fs%3Dpaleolithic&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBAQpAMoAA&usg=AFQjCNEfTnPomN6NhuGeQur1eyovpIi_Xw)
The Paleolithic (or Paeleolithic, from Greek: (paleo-) "old" + (lithos) "stone") Age, Era, or Period, is a prehistoric era distinguished by the development of the first stone tools, and covers roughly 99% of human technological history. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBEQpAMoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHlLWVDYs8q10y-qe4nLR_TNjbs0Q)
Alternative capitalization of Paleolithic. Often used more generally to suggest that something is extremely outdated
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paleolithic (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paleolithic&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBIQpAMoAg&usg=AFQjCNGZbjpidQYBkLBubieRKqSxqfgt4A)
Old Stone Age, begins around 500.000 years ago and ends with the Mesolithic around 7000 BCE
www.stonepages.com/glossary.html (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.stonepages.com/glossary.html&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBMQpAMoAw&usg=AFQjCNEe8KtGyvR2K0eNOHj-G0CIZMBsxw)
The earliest phase of the Stone Age, a period that begins with the emergence of humans and the manufacture of the most ancient tools some 2.5 to 3 million years ago. ...
www.digonsite.com/glossary/nr.html (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.digonsite.com/glossary/nr.html&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBQQpAMoBA&usg=AFQjCNEjbN5iR98K6U_YHXZvkFt56KNwzA)
Referring to the ancient stone age.
www.smm.org/catal/introduction/glossary/ (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.smm.org/catal/introduction/glossary/&ei=fEXHS8ahHYeglAe99ozFAQ&sa=X&oi=define&ct=&cd=1&ved=0CBUQpAMoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHBUaSV2So6mCsDnT5vaN12aKg2rA)

DesignatedT
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
ray would be badass here IMO. he will be too expensive though and is getting up there in age.

raywessels
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
First priority
Win

raywessels
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
then worry about signing free agents

jdev82
04-15-2010, 12:05 PM
lets get antione walker while were at it

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Congratulations on your Googling abilities. Completely unnecessary though.
The overreaction was a joke. However, I do admit to misinterpreting the intent. Apologies to the Admiral.

Stringer_Bell
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Congratulations on your Googling abilities. Completely unnecessary though.
The overreaction was a joke. However, I do admit to misinterpreting the intent. Apologies to the Admiral.

:lmao

That was some covert sarcasm brah, I thought you were for real. If you're gonna overreact, OVERREACT. :p:

That said, Ray Allen's Jurassic ass ain't worth what he's gonna be asking for. He got his ring, he just wants financial security at this point.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
You can't just "replace" a guy like Roger Mason..you can't teach the intangibles and basketball IQ that he brings..truly one of a kind..

mingus
04-15-2010, 02:03 PM
You can't just "replace" a guy like Roger Mason..you can't teach the intangibles and basketball IQ that he brings..truly one of a kind..

:rollin

no but seriously, he looks like he's completely lost interest in the Spurs when he's out there. it's a shame. i don't think i've ever witnessed a Spurs players display the degree of apathy on the court that he does, esp. on the defensive end. and then yesterday, he's MAKES ONE FUCKIN SHOT (he was 1/7 i believe at that point), comes down after a defensive a stop, and jacks up a HORRIBLE shot, that misses badly, in crunch time when a good shot was neccessary. unfuckin' believable. Mason is so bad these days he feels he has a hot hand when he's shooting 15 percent for the game.

Mixability
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Fuck Allen

TJastal
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
:rollin

no but seriously, he looks like he's completely lost interest in the Spurs when he's out there. it's a shame. i don't think i've ever witnessed a Spurs players display the degree of apathy on the court that he does, esp. on the defensive end. and then yesterday, he's MAKES ONE FUCKIN SHOT (he was 1/7 i believe at that point), comes down after a defensive a stop, and jacks up a HORRIBLE shot, that misses badly, in crunch time when a good shot was neccessary. unfuckin' believable. Mason is so bad these days he feels he has a hot hand when he's shooting 15 percent for the game.

and yet he still logged 37 minutes of action, tied for 1st on the team..

EricB
04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
If that is true, it is a poor choice of words since paleolithic refers to characteristics of the early man Pliocene of Africa. There are certainly better ways of calling a dude old than calling a black guy paleolithic. Jurassic, for example.

:lmao @ racist fail. Christ butch up.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
:lmao @ racist fail. Christ butch up.
Now I really feel bad. It's not good when a vagina tells you to butch up.

Chico
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Hell no. What more proof do you need that AI isn't someone you want on your team?

Because the guy can play "18 minutes with eyes closed and a 100-pound truck on my back". That's why..

04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
spurs will probably start ginobili with parker next year with hill being the sixth man.

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Because the guy can play "18 minutes with eyes closed and a 100-pound truck on my back". That's why..

He's a cancer and a quitter. There's a reason no one wants him.

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
If a chair replaces Mason we'll be a better team

FuzzyLumpkins
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM

No it doesn't. It literally translates to stone age.

Does saying someone is medieval denote racism as well?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Best bet to get him would be through sign and trade. And I doubt Boston would want to deal with us.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM

Paleolithic means "old rock". :lol

It's pretty racist that the first thing you thought of when you heard "paleolithic" is that he's black, particularly considering the multiple leaps of logic required to get there.

baseline bum
04-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Seriously, this is like asking if we'd want Stephen Jackson to replace Bonner.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Paleolithic means "old rock". :lol

It's pretty racist that the first thing you thought of when you heard "paleolithic" is that he's black, particularly considering the multiple leaps of logic required to get there.

Good God. Let it go. I apologized. I made a hasty judgement based on an influx of racist slurs on the game thread and elsewhere. That's the head space I was in when I read it. I made a mistake. I freely admit it.
By the way, it's called the Stone Age because the PEOPLE of the time were the first to develop stones as tools. Paleolithic refers to ALL characteristics of the era. Including, but not limited to, our ancestors and their physical appearance and attributes.
I was wrong to misinterpret the intent of the post, but I certainly do not need a lesson in anthropology.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I certainly do not need a lesson in anthropology.

Whatever you say. :lol

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Good God. Let it go. I apologized. I made a hasty judgement based on an influx of racist slurs on the game thread and elsewhere. That's the head space I was in when I read it. I made a mistake. I freely admit it.
By the way, it's called the Stone Age because the PEOPLE of the time were the first to develop stones as tools. Paleolithic refers to ALL characteristics of the era. Including, but not limited to, our ancestors and their physical appearance and attributes.
I was wrong to misinterpret the intent of the post, but I certainly do not need a lesson in anthropology.

What is your point? :lol

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
What is your point? :lol

I think I was pretty clear. I was trying to be contrite and apologetic and now you are just being obtuse and argumentative. That's just going to have to be good enough.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I think I was pretty clear. I was trying to be contrite and apologetic and now you are just being obtuse and argumentative. That's just going to have to be good enough.

Just funny you trying to give me shit in the game blog because I was not happy with the coaches decision and you come with this.

Not a big deal, just enjoying a :lol

m33p0
04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
we'd have to see if Tiago can be brought in first... then have to see to it that Parker remains with the team.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Just funny you trying to give me shit in the game blog because I was not happy with the coaches decision and you come with this.

Not a big deal, just enjoying a :lol

Obviously, not my best work. Regrettable, but not disastrous. At least I can admit when I make a mistake. I guess I deserve a little shit. Whatever. It's the internet.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
You'll laugh about it tomorrow. I already am.

tp2021
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Oh my god, come off it.

And for those of you who wouldn't take him because he said mean things about the Spurs, WGAF? If he still shoots it like he always has and isn't expensive you would be dumb to dismiss the pairing because of the fact that he was a rival in the past.

exstatic
04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Isnt it prostitution to pay for vagina?

That.

manu the best
04-15-2010, 07:28 PM
.. his to old .. the guy has no D. .. and his worth to much ..

senorglory
04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
and yet he still logged 37 minutes of action, tied for 1st on the team..

Pops gotta try something to see if Mason will respond. We need all our soldiers for the Playoffs this year.

senorglory
04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Let's give ohmwrecker the benefit of the doubt.

1) It was a pretty funny troll, even if unintentional.
2) He called EricB a "vagina."
3) He apologized for the mistake, and pulled back on the confrontational language.
4) He's been on these boards for awhile and aside from the normal wear-and-tear, hasn't worn out his welcome.

We're all brothers in the Church of the Admiral. Let us focus our negative attention on the Mavs, Suns, and Lakers... those no good pussy motherfuckers.

SenorSpur
04-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Too much $$$

Not enough defense.

I'd rather see the Spurs develop the young SGs they currently have in the pipeline.

Oh, Gee!!
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I'd take Jesus for one season for shits and giggles. why not? he might could help the team.

Borosai
04-16-2010, 12:59 AM
No.

MoSpur
04-16-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm kind of shocked that some of you think he would be too pricey. I'm guessing its probably going to be the last contract he receives so more than likely he is going to go after whoever offers the most money, but I don't think there is going to be a team willing to throw too much money at Ray Allen.

I thought he'd be a good fit because all he is now is a spot up shooter due to his age. The Spurs can always use a good shooter. The guy is a veteran. I cannot stand him, but if he would come to the Spurs for the minimum as a role player I wouldn't mind.

coyotes_geek
04-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm kind of shocked that some of you think he would be too pricey. I'm guessing its probably going to be the last contract he receives so more than likely he is going to go after whoever offers the most money, but I don't think there is going to be a team willing to throw too much money at Ray Allen.

I thought he'd be a good fit because all he is now is a spot up shooter due to his age. The Spurs can always use a good shooter. The guy is a veteran. I cannot stand him, but if he would come to the Spurs for the minimum as a role player I wouldn't mind.

If the minimum is all you're offering, then Allen will be too pricey. It would take a good chunk of, if not all of, the MLE to get Allen. The Spurs have other plans for their MLE.

Truckules
04-16-2010, 10:05 AM
He'd be a good addition. A great shooter who can occasionally drive to the hoop, is a decent passer, and is very underrated defensively. I think he could thrive with the Spurs.

iManu
04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
1998 called, they want their Ray Allen back.

howbouthemspurs
04-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I like mason..he just wasnt used effectively