PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Haywood: "If they're looking for us,they'll see us this weekend "

lefty
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
It's nice to see we are in their heads :lol

clambake
04-15-2010, 10:16 AM
agree. i'm glad they're thinking about the spurs.....cuz they're playing the spurs.

MannyIsGod
04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
agree. i'm glad they're thinking about the spurs.....cuz they're playing the spurs.

:lol

I kinda thought the same thing.

Who cares what Haywood or Jalen Rose or some bum off Dallas streets (Findog?) says at this point? Its all about the games now and the talking really doesn't matter.

The Spurs aren't the type of team that needs bulletin board material to win this series and I really actually doubt the Mavericks need anymore either. These two teams have faced each other enough over the past decade to pretty much hate each other.

Big P
04-15-2010, 10:30 AM
lol..brenda got played by DeJuan.

clambake
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
lol..brenda got played by DeJuan.

you might want to use their correct names......unless you're ok with possibly losing to erika and brenda.

Cane
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Blair > Haywood

FromWayDowntown
04-15-2010, 10:34 AM
I just wonder when Gregg Popovich gained a Jackson-esque reputation for playing head games with other teams. If there's a sheer pragmatist in the NBA, it's Gregg Popovich. I'm not sure that any pragmatist worth his salt gets into playing head games.

But if Dallas wants to think that's what he's doing, I'm sure his good with that.

EmptyMan
04-15-2010, 10:44 AM
WTF does that even mean.

Yes they are looking for you - they are playing you first round in the playoffs.

They know they will see you this weekend - NBA just released the Playoff Schedule.

He should have added, "If they want to come at us, they will have to come to Dallas first and meet us face to face."

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
you might want to use their correct names......unless you're ok with possibly losing to erika and brenda.

I agree... never understood the point of changing the gender of people's name to try and trash them. Just makes it all the more humiliating if you lose, and less gratifying if you win. Plus it's so 2nd grade. Give the Mavs their due... They're playing great ball. And give Haywood and Dampier their due; they give the Mavs some real toughness and depth in the middle. The Mavs are a really great team. Recognizing that will make it even sweeter if we win, and not so hard to swallow if we lose.

doobs
04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I just wonder when Gregg Popovich gained a Jackson-esque reputation for playing head games with other teams. If there's a sheer pragmatist in the NBA, it's Gregg Popovich. I'm not sure that any pragmatist worth his salt gets into playing head games.

But if Dallas wants to think that's what he's doing, I'm sure his good with that.

Pragmatism = doing what's necessary to get the job done

A pragmatist should be flexible. He should be willing to adapt his tactics, which includes possibly using mind games.

That said, I don't think Pop is playing any mind games here.

lefty
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Remember game 1 of ECSF in 1994, Indiana @ NY ?

Reggie Miller miraculously tied the game, then for some reason, Sam Mitchell fouls John Starks and sends him to the FT line.

I don't what Sammy was thinking, he must have been caught in the heat of the moment, but the Knicks were like: " WTF ???? why did they do that? "

You looked a John Staks's face and his body language, you knew he didn't want to be on the FT line; why? because the Knicks interpreted the situation as : " did they just foul us on purpose, even though it's a tied game, because they know we are going to miss? "

Starks misses both FT's, Miller grabs the rebound, Mason goes Sam Mitchell on Reggie, and Pacers win.

So, this is what the mavs must be thinking: " they tank the game, knowing that they will face us in the 1st round and that we own them in the playoffs? "
See, Mavs must be shitting in their pants now, they know we know we can beat them.

Now, back to your regular program

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
That said, I don't think Pop is playing any mind games here.

I second that. I really don't think Popovich does play mind games. I think the reputation comes from people misinterpreting what he does as "CIA Pop." The people on this board are as bad as any in terms of propogating this reputation.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
And if they're looking for freedom?

dM90rOhMT5g

dbestpro
04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Spoken like a true playoff veteran. Oh, wait a minute.....

in2deep
04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
brenda and ericka are the weakest Center tandem since Shawn Bradley and Raef Lafrenz

Doug Collins
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
And if they're looking for freedom?

dM90rOhMT5g

Bravo! :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
If you want to get technical about who had a "C" listed next to them in the starting line ups the Spurs once had a "center" tandem of Fabs and Bonner.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
That is just Haywood.

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
brenda and ericka are the weakest Center tandem since Shawn Bradley and Raef Lafrenz

:wakeup

clambake
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
:wakeup

don't let it bother you. every team has these kind of fans.

Big P
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM

Why what have they done?

Fpoonsie
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree... never understood the point of changing the gender of people's name to try and trash them. Just makes it all the more humiliating if you lose, and less gratifying if you win. Plus it's so 2nd grade. Give the Mavs their due... They're playing great ball. And give Haywood and Dampier their due; they give the Mavs some real toughness and depth in the middle. The Mavs are a really great team. Recognizing that will make it even sweeter if we win, and not so hard to swallow if we lose.

I like that approach. I'll do my best to 'member it.

SpursWoman
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
They know they will see you this weekend - NBA just released the Playoff Schedule.

lol

Budkin
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
It sounds like he was trying to come up with an intimidating quote and just... didn't.

DesignatedT
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
:lmao haywood. this bum doesn't even know.

dbestpro
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
It sounds like he was trying to come up with an intimidating quote and just... didn't.

Well it was either that or he was going to say, "Oh, yeah!?"

jack0fspeed
04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
This is Brendan's first chance to play in a real playoff series. Let him have his fun.

cd98
04-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Are the Mavs so fragile that they need to use this as motivation? Seriously, their goal should be the NBA title, not beating the Spurs in the first round.

clambake
04-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Are the Mavs so fragile that they need to use this as motivation? Seriously, their goal should be the NBA title, not beating the Spurs in the first round.

yes, they are fragile. it would be terrible to lose to such a fragile team.

cd98
04-15-2010, 01:01 PM
yes, they are fragile. it would be terrible to lose to such a fragile team.

Yes, but worse to lose to a lesser ranked team that hasn't played well all season. Spurs fans expect the Spurs not to win a title because of how poorly they've played all year. But nothing is more demoralizing than losing to a lesser team in the first round after being highly favored (see broken hearted Mav fans after G.S. loss in 2007).

jjktkk
04-15-2010, 01:10 PM

When you haven't won a championship, the next biggest accomplishment is to beat a team that has.

G-Nob
04-15-2010, 01:22 PM
"If you are loooking for us, we are right here so come get us this weekend. If you aren't looking for us, you don't have to come get us but please know we are here for this weekend."

-B. Haywood

clambake
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, but worse to lose to a lesser ranked team that hasn't played well all season. Spurs fans expect the Spurs not to win a title because of how poorly they've played all year. But nothing is more demoralizing than losing to a lesser team in the first round after being highly favored (see broken hearted Mav fans after G.S. loss in 2007).

just shows how fragile the mavs are. should be an easy series against a fragile team with brenda and erika.

elbamba
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Some people need motivation to play. I don't think the Spurs need any additional incentive, they will be ready to play.

RiverwalkParade
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I think DeJuan Blair is looking for them. They didn't cover him all night.

OH SNAP!!!!

Kool Bob Love
04-15-2010, 01:37 PM
link?
Link?
Link?

cd98
04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
just shows how fragile the mavs are. should be an easy series against a fragile team with brenda and erika.

If their pysche is as fragile as the 2007 squad, then probably so. Perhaps that's why you see Spurs fans more optimistic than normal given how poorly we've played all season.

If there is one team to choke in the first round, most NBA fans would pick Dallas.

clambake
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
If their pysche is as fragile as the 2007 squad, then probably so. Perhaps that's why you see Spurs fans more optimistic than normal given how poorly we've played all season.

If there is one team to choke in the first round, most NBA fans would pick Dallas.

no doubt, to lose to the mavs would qualify as a choke, i guess.

Big P
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM

I'm pretty sure you would know all about choking..2006.

cd98
04-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Not quite. You can't choke when you are the 7 seed and you lose to the 2 seed. By definition, if the Mavs lose, they choke. If the Spurs lose, they suck, but only as expected. If the Mavs win, good job, but you were expected to win. If the Spurs win, underdogs win.

Quite simple. It's the pressure of of being a high seed. The Spurs have handled it well over the years, winning 4 championships. The Mavs, not so much.

8FOR!3
04-15-2010, 02:28 PM
No shit @ Haywood.

He's right guys. We WILL see them this weekend, spot on. Couldn't have set it better myself. :lol

admiralfats
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
this is probably not an issue at all, but as i've never been on an nba basketball team, i kind of wonder if it's at least a little weird.

it seems like there's an element of the mavs, especially between terry and the recently acquired ex-wizards, that acts really tough. like when caron butler almost dunked on temple, terry came over and was posturing with him or whatever, then dirk came over and tried to...be tough with them?...and it didn't really seem received. Just kind of a weird dynamic.

like i said, it's not really an issue probably, but the fact that this new guy is semi-talking trash and the whole acting tough thing makes me wonder. Are you actually tough or do you just talk? Is your whole team behind you with this let's talk trash thing, especially when you're new to the team and haven't experienced this rivalry at all?

anyway, it's at least fun to see guys act tough, and then dirk walk over and not really fit in with that. haha.

clambake
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Not quite. You can't choke when you are the 7 seed and you lose to the 2 seed.
:lol has it always been this way? does it mean the better seeded team that loses just choked?

or are there acceptable excuses?

spurs10
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
:lol has it always been this way? does it mean the better seeded team that loses just choked?

If you have questions about choking, I would like to refer you to the 2006 Finals and the first round of the 2007 playoffs, they are classic examples.
Choking is stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

cd98
04-15-2010, 02:55 PM

There are exceptions to the general rule. But none of them apply to a team that is healthy and has its best players playing well. If the Mavs lose, as the higher seed, they choke. A 2 seed should beat a 7 seed in the NBA.

cd98
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
this is probably not an issue at all, but as i've never been on an nba basketball team, i kind of wonder if it's at least a little weird.

it seems like there's an element of the mavs, especially between terry and the recently acquired ex-wizards, that acts really tough. like when caron butler almost dunked on temple, terry came over and was posturing with him or whatever, then dirk came over and tried to...be tough with them?...and it didn't really seem received. Just kind of a weird dynamic.

like i said, it's not really an issue probably, but the fact that this new guy is semi-talking trash and the whole acting tough thing makes me wonder. Are you actually tough or do you just talk? Is your whole team behind you with this let's talk trash thing, especially when you're new to the team and haven't experienced this rivalry at all?

anyway, it's at least fun to see guys act tough, and then dirk walk over and not really fit in with that. haha.

Ex Wizards are tough. They bring guns to their lockerrooms.

cd98
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
If you have questions about choking, I would like to refer you to the 2006 Finals and the first round of the 2007 playoffs, they are classic examples.
Choking is stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

It's such a waste of time to heckle Mav fans about "choking." They are so adverse to pressure that they try to shift it on the other team, even when they are clearly favored. That's the difference between true champions and perpetual runners up.

sa_kid20
04-15-2010, 03:07 PM
No shit we'll see them this weekend lol.

Looks like Haywood tried to pull a "Jerome James" on the Spurs but it didn't quite work out.

clambake
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
anyone can replace choking with excuses. lol

spurs10
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
It's such a waste of time to heckle Mav fans about "choking." They are so adverse to pressure that they try to shift it on the other team, even when they are clearly favored. That's the difference between true champions and perpetual runners up.
Yeah, you're probably right....just sayin' though.

picc84
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Haywood. :lol

If Haywood was smart he'd have Arenas blog all his trashtalk from jail.

clambake
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
is "a teams best players not playing well" defined as a choke or an excuse?

easjer
04-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't understand this board at all. Are people going to be starting threads very time a player, or the media says anything about this series and then collectively bitch about it?

Who really cares?

Ok, I can agree with you to a point, but you have to admit this is funny if it's supposed to be trash-talk.

It's the equivalent of a playground 'Oh YEAH?' shouted at the back of the retreating combatant.

crc21209
04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Why is it that SOMEBODY from the Mavs always, always has to open their mouth? And this time it's Haywood? :lol...A guy who has basically no experience in this Spurs-Mavs rivalry and little experience in the Playoffs...

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 04:13 PM
yeah, but people on here take so far to the extreme that it gets out of hand.

That's what the board moderators are supposed to handle.

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Why is it that SOMEBODY from the Mavs always, always has to open their mouth? And this time it's Haywood? :lol...A guy who has basically no experience in this Spurs-Mavs rivalry and little experience in the Playoffs...

I found this a little weird myself. Although he doesn't have much experience, he is part of the team and he has a right to talk on team business. Fans on the other hand do not. ;) I'd make sure that you analyze your own teams gum flapping before you say something about the Mavs players. Don't you think the interviewing reporter might have asked a question that led to the quote?

cd98
04-15-2010, 04:56 PM
is "a teams best players not playing well" defined as a choke or an excuse?

Excuses are cover ups for chokes (for the most part). Rarely is an excuse an acceptable means to explain a choke.

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Shooters have off nights... you can't call that a choke. Every player has a bad shooting night. I've seen MJ miss a dunk all by himself on a fast break. Everyone gets an excuse every now and then.

cd98
04-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Shooters have off nights... you can't call that a choke. Every player has a bad shooting night. I've seen MJ miss a dunk all by himself on a fast break. Everyone gets an excuse every now and then.

Yes shooters do have off nights, but we're talking about over an entire series. Great players may have a single bad night, but rebound for the next game. In elimination games, the best players always bring it (and I never saw Jordan not bring it in a big game).

jimo2305
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
nice try haywood..

bulletin board material..

we're gonna punch you guys in the mouth..

clambake
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
nice try haywood..

which spur are you?

MannyIsGod
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
:lmao @ clambake in this thread.

I hate mavfan but he's been pretty good in this thread.

easjer
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Ditto Manny.

manu the best
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
.. just another maverick without any brain .. :lol

clambake
04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
.. just another maverick without any brain .. :lol

i'm not a maverick, i'm a fan, Einstein.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
i'm not a maverick, i'm a fan, Einstein.
I think he's talking about Haywood.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
"And if they hungry, there is a Luna de Noche Mexican Restaurant across the street from the arena"

- Haywood

Big P
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
"If they're looking for us,they'll see us this weekend " :lol

That is one of the dumbest quotes of all time, "if their looking for us, they'll see us this weekend"?? :lmao

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:24 PM
"If they're looking for the best shopping, they'll find it at Northpark Mall"

- Haywood

Holmes_Fans
04-15-2010, 11:24 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL did any of the spurs fan think that maybe Haywood was asked a question about this?

Holmes_Fans
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
nice try haywood..

BB Material?

it's nice to see that haywood has gotten into the spurs heads

Big P
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL did any of the spurs fan think that maybe Haywood was asked a question about this?

What was the question?

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
"If they're looking for a place to grab a drink, Ghost Bar goes hard"

-Haywood

exstatic
04-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Of course Haywood wasn't here last year when Dallas gamed it to specifically match up with us, so he should probably shut up.

clambake
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I think he's talking about Haywood.

shut up and stop thinking. he's disrespecting my girl brenda.

mavsfan1000
04-16-2010, 12:12 AM
shut up and stop thinking. he's disrespecting my girl brenda.
Why does every mav fan get all pissed off everytime I mention something? It's like everyone acts like dirk4mvp around here. I seriously get along better with the spurs fans than my own fanbase here. :lol

Chieflion
04-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Why does every mav fan get all pissed off everytime I mention something? It's like everyone acts like dirk4mvp around here. I seriously get along better with the spurs fans than my own fanbase here. :lol

Maybe it is just because you have the pink pony in your avatar.

mavsfan1000
04-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Maybe it is just because you have the pink pony in your avatar.
lol Forgot about that. Maybe I'll take that off now. I did that when I was really pissed by the way they were playing.

bigdog
04-16-2010, 12:50 AM
"If they're looking for a pussy that's gonna get owned by DeJuan Blair, you're looking at him." -Brendan Haywood

MI21
04-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks, Brendan. It would be quite the annoyance if Dallas wasn't there on the weekend.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/master%20of%20the%20obvious.jpg

jimo2305
04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
lol Forgot about that. Maybe I'll take that off now. I did that when I was really pissed by the way they were playing.

lmao i was actually wondering why you had that avi :lol

DPG21920
04-16-2010, 10:18 AM
"If they're looking for a great deal on a certified pre owned, I know a guy"

-Haywood

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
"If they're looking for a great deal on a certified pre owned, I know a guy"

-Haywood

Seriously?

-Bonner

bigfan
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Ive got no problems with what Heywood said, he seems generally a good guy and hell, I wish we had made that trade instead of the Mavs. Regardless, I still know we can take these guys.

Spurminator
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
... and then he put on his black trash bag cape and walked away.

in2deep
04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
"whatever they are looking for, I can google it for them on my blackberry"

- Brendan Haywood

DPG21920
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Seriously?

-Bonner

DPG21920
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
"If they're ever injured in an auto accident, call me, the angry wizard. I'll work my magic to get you every cent you're owed"

- Haywood

G-Nob
04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
"If they need some help with their homework, I'll be here for them this weekend. I'm kinda good at algebra."

-B. Haywood

Avitus1
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
"whatever they are looking for, I can google it for them on my blackberry"

- Brendan Haywood

in2deep
04-16-2010, 04:06 PM
"If they are looking for me, I'll be in my lab"

- Brendan Haywood

Lebowski Brickowski
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
"If they're looking for a good time, they can call me, Brendan Haywood!"

SpursWoman
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM

:rollin :lol

Budkin
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Looking for Mavs in all the wrong places?

easjer
04-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Seriously?

-Bonner

:rollin

mavsfan1000
04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
:wow :lol

spursrocks
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
brendan cant guard DX Beast!

Horse
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Haywood you blow me? What a retard what gives this bum the right to speak what has he ever done, and why does anyone care what he says? It's like the sonics series in 05 or 07 where their center jones or something started talking no one ever heard from him again

Biggems
04-16-2010, 09:45 PM
what did that dude in the courtroom say in Deuce Bigelow...oh yes

THAT'S A HUGE BITCH...........this fits Haywood, cause he is a huge, silly bitch. he knows almost nothing of this rivalry, of how heated and how much angst there is between the two teams. yet, he flaps his gums, like he is dirk, dampier, or terry. the guy has been a shitty player on a bottom feeder team for quite a while...now that he is on the 2 seed for a few months, he feels the need to flap his gums....

haywood makes me laugh

Danny.Zhu
04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Come on!

I think Brandan Haywood is an upgrade of Diop. Remember how Diop destroyed us in 06?

Spursmania
04-16-2010, 11:49 PM
This thread was actually entertaining:lol

Haywood:lmao

ElNono
04-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Haywood is just trolling y'all...

http://blog.infinitemonkeysblog.com/files/images/obvious_troll.preview.jpg

spurs10
04-17-2010, 02:31 AM
"If they're looking for us, we'll be the other guys there wearing basketball uniforms".

UnWantedTheory
04-17-2010, 02:56 AM
If you are looking for us, than we are looking for you,...but if we dont find each other we will on sunday, which is this weekend. I am the intimidator......Grrrr Bitches!!!

G-Nob
04-17-2010, 07:40 AM
"If they want me this weekend, I'll be easy to find. I'll be the one with the basketball in my hand this weekend."

-B. Haywood

wut
04-17-2010, 11:09 AM
"If they're looking for us, they'll see us this weekend, wearing Mavs jerseys...on a basketball court..in Dallas .... on Sunday..... but seriously...if they can't find us...let me know...and I'll call them and tell them where we are."

Ocotillo
04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
There were a lot of posters who wanted us to go after Haywood when he was with the Wizards.

jag
04-17-2010, 11:51 AM
There were a lot of posters who wanted us to go after Haywood when he was with the Wizards.

That doesn't mean anyone thought he had a bright mind. He's a big 7 foot body that I'd still love to have on the spurs, but he's no Ali with his smack talk.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-17-2010, 12:02 PM
That doesn't mean anyone thought he had a bright mind. He's a big 7 foot body that I'd still love to have on the spurs, but he's no Ali with his smack talk.

"Yeah, and I'll see you on Sunday.........and........stuff......."

ohmwrecker
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
"If they're looking for us . . . Maybe they could swing by my house and give me a ride. I get lost easily."

nkdlunch
04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
"if they're looking for us we'll be at centercourt. I'll be looking out for them and hopefully we won't miss each other. If we do, please tell them to page us on the intercom and i can go meet them at the booth. If we somehow miss the call just tell them to call Marc Cuban and he should know where we are. Otherwise I dont know I guess we can meet each other NeXT Sunday" - Brenda. Haywood

lefty
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
We saw you Brenda

Move along, there is nothing to see :lmao

caŽlo
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
We saw you Brenda

Move along, there is nothing to see :lmao