PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are going to pummell the Mavs

Rummpd
04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Mark it down - This reslient Spurs team has been pummelling good teams during arguebly the hardest stretch I can recall of any NBA team the last two months (despite injuries) and the trio of Manu (the best guard in the NBA the last two months), Parker + Duncan with Hill, Blair and Jefferson are going to shock many by laying a beating on the over-hyped Mavs - this Spurs team is not going to lose to the boorish and braggart Mavs in the first round. Will be over in 5.

Cane
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Yea thats the vibe I'm getting as well. No more Josh Howard ftw.

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I sure hope so, but the these Mavs are not the Nuggets, the Celtics, or even the Lakers. Over the second half of the season, they've been right up there with Orlando as the best team in basketball. The first round may prove to be the hardest this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dallas go all the way.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Mark it down - This reslient Spurs team has been pummelling good teams during arguebly the hardest stretch I can recall of any NBA team the last two months

8-6 versus winning teams in March/April.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Rummpd, if the Spurs lose this series I hope you never post again.

Rummpd
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Hammered the Cavs, Mavs, Lakers and Magic within 2 weeks and without Parker. Mavs fans be very afraid!

spizzle_tronk
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
oh ok.

BronxCowboy
04-15-2010, 10:56 AM
oh ok.

T'wolves? Really? You must really like underdogs. Shouldn't you be somewhere reading up on how the Chicago Bulls are going to shock the world and beat the Cavs?

Rummpd
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
NOW-OR-NEVER TEAM: The Dallas Mavericks

Owner Mark Cuban was ahead of the curve on the Internet streaming and HDTV, but he's based his NBA ownership on the questionable premise that a team can win a championship with Dirk Nowitzki as its best player.

Maybe, as is usually the case, Cuban knows more than the rest of us. This is the last chance to prove it. Nowitzki has his best supporting cast with Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood aboard. Jason Kidd is still a great quarterback for this squad (Cuban deserves more credit for making that move after getting blasted during Devin Harris' lone All-Star season in New Jersey. Do we even need to ask which team is better off two years after the trade?). But after this season, Kidd will be another year older, and the Mavericks will have their Stetsons full fending off the likes of the Thunder. If Nowitzki can't bring home a title this season, he'll never be able to do it.

One thing Nowitzki doesn't get enough credit for: putting on one of the great playoff performances under duress that we've ever seen. During the Denver series last year, his fiancée was arrested and found to have more personas than Leo DiCaprio in "Catch Me If You Can" -- and Nowitzki responded with games of 35, 33, 44 and 32 points. He shot 53 percent for the series. We know he's tough enough. Now we need to find out if he's elite enough, if he merits mention alongside Hakeem Olajuwon or Dwyane Wade. You could argue that Nowitzki's buddy Steve Nash has as much to prove as Nowitzki and even less time to accomplish it (age 36 to Dirk's 31). But with two MVP awards, I'd say Nash has already overachieved. Nowitzki still has a chance to take that necessary final step for unqualified acclaim. That's a chance, as in singular.

SCARIEST TEAM: San Antonio Spurs

Put it this way: They even had the Suns wondering if they might be better off losing their final game of the regular season to avoid any possibility of facing the Spurs in a potential 3-6 matchup. After all, these are the Spurs that sent the Suns home in the 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008 playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=playoffoutlook-100415

Record since Dec. 15: 38-20.

Number of playoff games: Tim Duncan, 160; Tony Parker, 122; Manu Ginobili, 107; and Richard Jefferson, 78.

And now, with Ginobili's extension locked up, the Spurs enter the playoffs distraction-free. Not that they've traditionally been an easily distracted group. The last time they had issues looming, with David Robinson's pending retirement and the possibility of Jason Kidd replacing Tony Parker at point guard, the Spurs won a championship.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Hollinger based on stats goes with Spurs in 6 - but since Fintraitor left this team has gelled and has been hammering not just good, but potentially great teams the last month so I am going again 5 games. Spurs split in Dallas and then sweep and home and break Cuban's heart in game 5 behind a monster game by both Duncan and Manu.

I am calling it the Scariest team over any "now or never" team led by Dirk and Kidd - perpetual losers when it counted. Kidd may be a great point guard but Harris was tougher on the Spurs and Parker and Hill will run by him with impunity.

5in10
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
rummpd, if the spurs lose this series i hope you never post again.

+1

lefty
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Remember game 1 of ECSF in 1994, Indiana @ NY ?

Reggie Miller miraculously tied the game, then for some reason, Sam Mitchell fouls John Starks and sends him to the FT line.

I don't what Sammy was thinking, he must have been caught in the heat of the moment, but the Knicks were like: " WTF ???? why did they do that? "

You looked a John Staks's face and his body language, you knew he didn't want to be on the FT line; why? because the Knicks interpreted the situation as : " did they just foul us on purpose, even though it's a tied game, because they know we are going to miss? "

Starks misses both FT's, Miller grabs the rebound, Mason goes Sam Mitchell on Reggie, and Pacers win.

So, this is what the mavs must be thinking: " they tank the game, knowing that they will face us in the 1st round and that we own them in the playoffs? "
See, Mavs must be shitting in their pants now, they know we know we can beat them.

Now, back to your regular program

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Hammered the Cavs, Mavs, Lakers and Magic within 2 weeks and without Parker. Mavs fans be very afraid!

The wins count but the losses don't. Got it. :lol

Rummpd
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Hollinger has the Spurs 2 and the Mavs 13 in his final rankings - that is about right. Spurs when healthy are the superior team. Spurs much more impressive point differential and have the greater ability to turn it on to pummell good teams. Would not be surprised to see the Spurs sweep but give the Mavs one on their home court with the probabiity they will go to the line for nothing time after time. If Hill out whole series it might take the Spurs six but the Mavs going fishing. Mark it down and loving the fact 6 0f 9 from ESPN are picking against the Spurs - that is a good sign!

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Fpoonsie
04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Jesus effing Christ, Rummpd, you've got bad juju all over you.

Give it a rest.

bigzak25
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
bout time the real season finally got started...i sure hope THAT Spurs team shows up Rummpd!

but i don't gotta tell you that playoff bball is another level...

Manu will be the focal point of the other teams D every night, and our Spurs weakness is still gonna be the half court defense...and lack of length down low, unless Ian starts taking away mcdyess or bonner minutes, as i'd hate to lose a minute of blair on the floor.

long story short, we shall see, and as timvp said months ago...a healthy big 3 means there's a chance...

But what lineup do you have on the floor when you absolutely, positively, gotta have a stop at the end of a game?

Strike
04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
oh ok.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu255/scaybray/TROLL.jpg

Lukor
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Who is Rummpd and why does he talk like San Antonio starts Jordan Stockton Hakeem Bird and young Shaq with Lebron and Kobe coming off the bench?

Strike
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
The wins count but the losses don't. Got it. :lol

Kind of like winning a series against a shorthanded team counts (see 2009) but losing a series when you're the shorthanded team doesn't. (see 2003).

Russ
04-15-2010, 07:30 PM
he's based his NBA ownership on the questionable premise that a team can win a championship with Dirk Nowitzki as its best player.

The good news is that's true -- no Nowitzki-led team will likely ever win a title.

The bad news is they don't have to -- they can ruin the season of a team that could win a title (and they've done it before).

The Mavs are like the cockroaches that Darrell Royal once called TCU -- It's not what they eat and tote off, it's what they fall into and mess up that hurts.

DubMcDub
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Kind of like winning a series against a shorthanded team counts (see 2009) but losing a series when you're the shorthanded team doesn't. (see 2003).

It is kind of like that. Except nobody in this thread said that.

So, if you could go ahead and point me to where a Mavs fan actually did say that, then maybe your remark will become at least slightly relevant.

Rummpd
04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
T - 80 or so hours till the Mavs beat down commences. Sadly the Spurs will not sweep the Mavs, as the Mavs have some robust talent and even Kidd might get lucky and hit a shot or two. Yet for all the Mavs talent (albeit manly a bunch of so called stars that other teams keep trading away when they catch on to the stars limitations, {i.e., Kidd (slow and probably the worst shooting top point guard ever), Marion (so over-rated on both sides of the ball , but particularily on defense, it is not funny, and Butler - a gritty solid player but one that had been trade fodder as teams realize he cannot reliably stop anyone)} - I for one am amazed at how the much of the media is discounting how well this Spurs team has played over the last month pummelling great teams and going with the Mavs who had an up and down last month and half despite a soft schedule. Some experts in particular talk about Haywood in particular as a great addition but I saw him play multiple times for the Wizards, and the bottom line he has size but absolutely no heart and limited skill. Throw Blair on him and get physical with him and it is over.

This Spurs team is on a roll and it will be like Sherman's March breaking Cuban's heart again and shutting up the boorish Mavs players and their fans, albeit more North and South. Remember this Spurs team is basically for the first time all year healthy (with Hill the one confounder) team that most experts thought could win the West going into the season and with the addition by subtraction of Finley and the growth of Hill, Blair and finally Jefferson - this series will shock many, but not those looking carefully at the trends, stats and true talent level like Hollinger and a few other savy ones out there have.

Spurs in 5 again.

Findog
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Who said that? The Mavs probably would've lost in 2003 anyways had Dirk played. The Mavs probably would've won last year even with a healthy Ginobili. He doesn't swing a 4-1 result all by himself.

Rummpd
04-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Who said that? The Mavs probably would've lost in 2003 anyways had Dirk played. The Mavs probably would've won last year even with a healthy Ginobili. He doesn't swing a 4-1 result all by himself.

B.S. Manu when healthy and playing at a high level is better than anyone on the Mavs including Dirk and more clutch - he was the top rated clutch player in the NBA by NBA.com in 2006

"Not only is Ginobili the new Batman, he's also Mr. Clutch. His shooting percentage isn't that great, but he's at the top of the list because he gets to the line often and makes his free throws when he does. The same goes for Maggette.

You might notice that every player in the top 10 is in the Western Conference. You also might notice that there's no Bryant, James, Wade or Carmelo Anthony in the top 10. They're a little further down the list. James ranks 12th, Anthony ranks 22nd, Wade ranks 28th and Bryant ranks 38th." (Or I would add Dirk). (Marion is on the list but he never ever steps up, or at least I have never seen it - with the Suns he ran from the ball in the clutch)

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html

Findog
04-16-2010, 11:35 AM
B.S. Manu when healthy and playing at a high level is better than anyone on the Mavs including Dirk

God you're a moron. You must think Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Brandon Bass and JJ Barea are Hall of Famers since the Spurs apparently have TWO franchise players.

and more clutch - he was the top rated clutch player in the NBA by NBA.com in 2006

It's 2010. I really should stop at the statement "Manu is better than Dirk," but I can't. Here are the clutch stats for 2010:

Mavs are 17-6 in games decided by 5 or less. Dirk in clutch situations: 49% FG, 6 for 6 from 3 and 30 of 31 from FT line.

More Dirk in "clutch" situations via Stats Inc: 13 of 18 from three and 62 of 64 from the FT line.

Who is most "clutch": Dirk (64-137 47%) LeBron (68-147 46%) Kobe (48-111 43%) Durant ( 43-115 37%)

3pt Shooting "Clutch" Dirk (13 of 18 72%) Lebron (17 of 54 32%) Kobe (11 of 31 35%) Durant (10 of 31 32%)

Free Throwing "Clutch": Dirk (62-64 97%) LeBron (74-91 81%) Kobe (46-55 84%) Durant (69-81 85%)

Also, it's Dirk that is hotter than Ginobili going into the playoffs:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=317769

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html

Good job on posting a 6 month old link that refers to Manu Ginobili as "the most clutch player in 2006." :lol

(Or I would add Dirk). (Marion is on the list but he never ever steps up, or at least I have never seen it - with the Suns he ran from the ball in the clutch)

Nobody has out-clutched Dirk this year. As for Marion, we're not running the offense through him in crunch time. Sorry to get your hopes up. I'd rather be forced to check Manu with Marion, Stevenson, Butler and Kidd, as opposed to running out McDyess, Bonner and Jefferson at Dirk and hoping for the best.

Thanks for playing. You're welcome.

jestersmash
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM

7-2 against winning teams since the middle of march, excluding the spurs scrubs-mavs game

leemajors
04-16-2010, 11:45 AM
learn to spell before you call your shot.

jestersmash
04-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Also, it's Dirk that is hotter than Ginobili going into the playoffs:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=317769

You failed to take into consideration strength of schedule.

Findog
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
You failed to take into consideration strength of schedule.

You play who is on the schedule. Dirk shouldn't curbstomp those teams? Dropping 40 on the road in Portland in a desperation must-win game last Friday is as impressive as anything Manu has done.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
You play who is on the schedule. Dirk shouldn't curbstomp those teams? Dropping 40 on the road in Portland in a desperation must-win game last Friday is as impressive as anything Manu has done.

um, no it's not. Manu's been doing it against the likes of LA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, as well.

jestersmash
04-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Honestly I don't think it's obvious who the "hotter" of the two players is between nowitzki and ginobili, mostly because there are far too many potential confounding variables for the spurs. There may also be confounding variables for the mavs but I'm not as familiar with them because I don't watch all of their games.

For the spurs, however, with parker coming back one might intuitively think that it's more important for Parker to get relatively more touches than he perhaps "deserves," at the expense of duncan and ginobili, for the sole purpose of trying to "jump start" him into a more all star-caliber form.

Popovich has also been pretty blatant about admitting the fact that he still constantly worries about injuries with duncan and ginobili (mostly with ginobili). Who knows, it's entirely possible that Popovich told Ginobili to "tone down" his aggressive driving to the basket in some of the later games, particularly against the non-playoff contender teams, just as an effort to minimize any potential injury (and perhaps give him more "rest" going into the playoffs). Obviously I don't know, but it's possible and, most importantly, it's not a terribly unreasonable assumption given what we've seen in the past.

These sorts of issues complicate the matter too much to make a statement either way in terms of who's playing better going in.

Findog
04-16-2010, 12:03 PM
um, no it's not. Manu's been doing it against the likes of LA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, as well.

What Dirk has done against the last winning teams we've played:

Portland - 40 and 10
Zombie Sonics - 30 and 13
Orlando - 24 and 6
Denver - 34 and 10

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
What Dirk has done against the last winning teams we've played:

Portland - 40 and 10
Zombie Sonics - 30 and 13
Orlando - 24 and 6
Denver - 34 and 10

I'll happily give you the first 3, but Denver is falling apart.

Findog
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I'll happily give you the first 3, but Denver is falling apart.

The fuck? Well Boston and LA are playing like ass right now, so I am now officially unimpressed by what Manu did against them. :rolleyes

clambake
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
let it go, findog.

how could a team with 4 all-stars possibly lose to 2 chicks and the chokers?

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 12:14 PM
The fuck? Well Boston and LA are playing like ass right now, so I am now officially unimpressed by what Manu did against them. :rolleyes

I didn't get the impression anybody gave a rat's ass what you think about Manu. :lol

jestersmash
04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah..the Nuggets are actually doing better than the Lakers and Celtics. If you're going to say that the Denver win is trivial because they are "falling apart" then Ginobili's performances over Boston and L.A. also become trivial by default.

bigzak25
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd rather be forced to check Manu with Marion, Stevenson, Butler and Kidd, as opposed to running out McDyess, Bonner and Jefferson at Dirk and hoping for the best.

key to the series. :wakeup

wouldn't mind seeing some malik or ian on dirk...just for shits and giggles...

i don't know if ian is too slow or if malik is too short...but our spurs always had success when putting bowen on dirk...damn shame he had to get older...

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah..the Nuggets are actually doing better than the Lakers and Celtics. If you're going to say that the Denver win is trivial because they are "falling apart" then Ginobili's performances over Boston and L.A. also become trivial by default.

Except for the fact that the Lakers and Boston, for all their recent offensive inadequacies, are still pretty talented defensive squads. Denver? Not so much.

jestersmash
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
You know with Ginobili, his contract extension is a big factor in potentially affecting his playoff play.

Who knows - was the looming threat of becoming a F.A. and not being re-signed by the Spurs an important factor in spurring him on to playing the way he did last month?

If it was, then will the security of knowing that he's staying in S.A. for the remainder of his N.B.A. career cause him to lose some of the impetus (whether it be drive, motivation, who knows) that was pivotal in inspiring his phenomenal play?

Maybe it would've been better to save his contract re-extension until after the playoffs.

Findog
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I didn't get the impression anybody gave a rat's ass what you think about Manu. :lol

You do, since you're apparently commenting back.

Both Dirk and Manu saved their best ball for April. We will see which team has more answers for them.

bigzak25
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe it would've been better to save his contract re-extension until after the playoffs.

dude, Manu's heart has never been in question...only his health.

he can surely carry this team as we have all seen, but for how long playing the way he does is the question.

clambake
04-16-2010, 12:23 PM
You know with Ginobili, his contract extension is a big factor in potentially affecting his playoff play.

Who knows - was the looming threat of becoming a F.A. and not being re-signed by the Spurs an important factor in spurring him on to playing the way he did last month?

it's better than letting him sit there and stare at jefferson's contract.

Findog
04-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Except for the fact that the Lakers and Boston, for all their recent offensive inadequacies, are still pretty talented defensive squads. Denver? Not so much.

Dirk - 28 points on 11-19 shooting, 37 points on 14-22 shooting against Boston this year.

Dirk - 31 points on 10-19 shooting last time we played the Lakers.

You're welcome.

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Dirk - 28 points on 11-19 shooting, 37 points on 14-22 shooting against Boston this year.

Dirk - 31 points on 10-19 shooting last time we played the Lakers.

You're welcome.

Way to change the subject. We were discussing the last four contenders you played during the most recent roll y'all were on, not Dirk's record against contenders earlier in the season. I pointed out that of those 4, one is running on fumes, which led to some reactionary and also-off-the-subject anti-Manu butthurt on your part.

Listen, I'm happy for Dirk and the Mavs in general -- truly, I am. I think this is going to be a great series, and think you guys have at least as good a shot as we do. But seriously? Stop being such a pussy and thinking any comment that doesn't gild the Maverick lilly is motivated purely by homerism. As good as y'all are, you should be the first to admit you're far from a perfect team. That you don't makes your confidence in your team suspect.

Muser
04-16-2010, 03:03 PM
lol manu > dirk

Rummpd
04-18-2010, 10:30 AM
T-8.5 hours

The main reason is that the superstars of the Spurs will come to play in this series (Manu is now a superstar and Duncan has had enough rest - while Dirk from a clinical perspective remains "le superstar con testes minimus") and a refreshed Parker is going to shame Kidd into submission with his speed.

The Mavs are a fine, talented and a deep team; but the difference is the resilient and surging Spurs have become in the last four weeks a truly great team and are now turning into the squad that many thought could win the West and at the right time.

The drive for 5 goes on in 5 with the Spurs getting into the heads of the Mavs early and often.

Findog
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Way to change the subject. We were discussing the last four contenders you played during the most recent roll y'all were on, not Dirk's record against contenders earlier in the season. I pointed out that of those 4, one is running on fumes, which led to some reactionary and also-off-the-subject anti-Manu butthurt on your part.

Where is the off the subject anti-Manu stuff? You keep moving the goalposts. You point to Manu being hot down the stretch against good teams and I point out that Dirk has done the same. You state that you're not impressed by his performances against one of those teams, and that torching LA and Boston is more impressive because of their defense... so I post Dirk's numbers the last time he played those teams and now you have sand in your vag because your thesis (Manu is on a better roll than Dirk, Manu is in a better grove right now than Dirk) keeps getting disproved with facts and figures. You pretty much conceded the argument by resorting to ad hominem in your last post, so if you want to go that route, why don't you stick a tampon in your bleedhole and chill out?

Stop being such a pussy and thinking any comment that doesn't gild the Maverick lilly is motivated purely by homerism

So disputing that Manu is hotter right now than Dirk, and according to some in this thread, is a better player than Dirk*, is homerism?

As good as y'all are, you should be the first to admit you're far from a perfect team. That you don't makes your confidence in your team suspect.

Where did I say the Mavs are a perfect team? This is going to be a tough series. Some Mavs fans seem to think this is going to be a cakewalk because the Mavs have gotten the better of San Antonio lately. I'm not that foolish.

* :lol

Rummpd
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
At least one Mavs fan recognizes this will be a tough series for them - Dirk to be fair has been very impressive of late and he will hurt the Spurs. However, Spurs can live with Dirk scoring a lot as long as others on the Mavs do not go postal on the Spurs - those that left the Mavs arguebly have hurt the Spurs more than the additions so let the games begin!

fortworthmavsfan
04-18-2010, 11:01 AM
This WILL be a tough series for the Mavs. Just wanted to wish ya'll a good series from Tarrant County. I'm not a Spurs hater like most fans and have ultimate respect for what ya'll's organization has and can still do. That said, go mavs!!!!

fortworthmavsfan
04-18-2010, 11:02 AM
BTW, Mavs in 7

dbestpro
04-18-2010, 11:10 AM
If it goes 7 you can toss a coin.

fortworthmavsfan
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm a homer, I know this, but Jason Kidd refuses to let the Mavs lose in tight situations(unless you listen to Holliger in which case we've just been really lucky the last two and a half seasons, about the time Kidd got here).

Sportstudi
04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
If it goes 7 you can toss a coin.

True. Either team can win the series, it's gonna be very tough.

Rummpd
04-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Or not.

Haywood and Dampier each grew a pair, Dirk (who is fully capable of the level he played at any time) played like he was playing horse, and Kidd must be chugging Viagra. But this Spurs team has been incredibly resilient and Spurs still fully capable of laying a licking on the Mavs if Pop stops the man crush on Mason etc. and goes deeper in his bench to find a piece that truly wants to step up. Remember is the same Spurs big three that got hammered in game one vs. Denver and in games one and two vs the Hornets then pulled a Lazarus in each series (and the big three played pretty damm well - just needs some help) so bring on game two already. Seriously - props to the vastly improved Mavs that showed a lot last pm - but it over yet!

TJastal
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
T-8.5 hours

The main reason is that the superstars of the Spurs will come to play in this series (Manu is now a superstar and Duncan has had enough rest - while Dirk from a clinical perspective remains "le superstar con testes minimus") and a refreshed Parker is going to shame Kidd into submission with his speed.

The Mavs are a fine, talented and a deep team; but the difference is the resilient and surging Spurs have become in the last four weeks a truly great team and are now turning into the squad that many thought could win the West and at the right time.

The drive for 5 goes on in 5 with the Spurs getting into the heads of the Mavs early and often.

:lmao

TampaDude
04-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Spurs in 6...LWWWLW...book it!!!

Rummpd
04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Believe in the GREATNESS OF #21!

Rummpd
04-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Mark it down the Spurs took the best shot tonight from a stronger than expected Mavs team and rose to the challenge!
Spurs have this series where they want it!

Rummpd
04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
:lmao

The momentum builds as the Spurs show the resiliency of champions - they are like Jason count them out and like Lazarus they revive as they are still so talented and much more of a proven commodity than the wannabee Mavs.

The bottom line Mavs are undoubtedly a very strong and deep team and on paper improved. However, they are still the Mavs and Rick Carlisle does not scare me with his mantra as much as Avery Johnson did coming from the Spurs to coach the Mavs. Carlisle looked like a deer in the headlights in the post game and will be hard pressed to stay ahead of the revived Pop - who is a far better playoff than regular season coach.

Dirkusmaximusperotestesminimus is a poor match up with his height and all NBA skills but will fold like a cheap shirt when the refs start calling a honest game - like they did last PM.

Furthermore, even though on paper Haywood and Butler and Marion and potentially improve them - Marion came up small against the Spurs time after time with the Suns why should he start now? Haywood and Butler are talented but absolutely dogged it on a DC team that was on paper better than their horrible record. Haywood from personal observation looks great one day then is as soft as charmin the next - bottom line man him up and he goes soft. Butler a nice piece but a fired up Jefferson is absolutely more talented physically and if Jefferson plays 3 more games like last PM washes him out.

Furthermore, he is an all time NBA great but I am convinced that Kidd the longer the series goes on becomes the Mavs biggest liability. He will continue to act tough and shoot threes occassionaly helping the Mavs but he will do it in streaks and will simply not be the constant threat or quick offensive game changer for the series that Harris was. Even if he helps on offense (but not as much as Harris did at his best against the Spurs) he become more and more of a defensive liability; as he just simply cannot stay with Parker (or Hill if the kid's ankle continues to improve).

Spurs back on track for the pummelling of the Mavs behind the greatness of the big three and the genius of Pop to make the necessary adjustments with pick and rolls and a brilliant defensive plan (i.e., let the other Mavs besides Dirk fold first and then he will in the end as well)

- accept it naysayers and Mavs trolls.

rascal
04-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Mark it down the Spurs took the best shot tonight from a stronger than expected Mavs team and rose to the challenge!
Spurs have this series where they want it!

Expect a split in San Antonio.

MateoNeygro
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Lol anyone who thought this series was gonna be a sweep is a ruh-tard.

Rummpd
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Game on the Spurs roll the Mavs tonight behind a revived Duncan and the energy of the home crowd!

Rummpd
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Lol anyone who thought this series was gonna be a sweep is a ruh-tard.

I said 5 games not a sweep from the get go - as I figured rightly the zebras would give the Mavs a game and they did right exactly that in stunning fashion at the start of the series - called fairly the Spurs continue to pummell the Mavs.

Mavs talented enough to force a game 6,, or the zebras might give Dirkismaximusperotestesminimus another free pass, but Spurs taking this series and it will not go 7.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Predicting a split in SA, though I'd love to for the Spurs to prove me wrong and sweep these dipshits right out of the gym in both games.

Rummpd
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Predicting a split in SA, though I'd love to for the Spurs to prove me wrong and sweep these dipshits right out of the gym in both games.

Great post - Mavs are more talented than I expected having watched Butler and Haywood (who was beat out by 6' 9 centers and played incredibly soft) dog it in DC for two years and Kidd is on Viagro or growth hormone but the fact remains Spurs are the better team with a healthy Manu and with Duncan playing hard this series belongs to the Spurs!

Rummpd
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Mavs have my respect as a fine, fine team too bad they are playing a championship quality team.

Rummpd
04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
And win the west - thanks thunder for continuing to expose the myth of the unbeatable lal.

Rummpd
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
TOLD ALL YOU NAYSAYERS, NON BELIEVERS AND TROLLS BEFORE THE SERIES STARTED - if the Mavs cannot beat the Spurs with a sub-par Duncan they are going fishing in 5 just as I predicted!

Rummpd
04-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Thank God the Spurs proved me right although props to Dirk especially for a game and superlative effort in what has be a bitter loss, and it took another game then expected after the big three took a vacation Friday - but to the rest of the
Mavs and Cuban enjoy your fishing.

Now onto the Suns - Suns give the Spurs problems but the Spurs will break their hearts again in 6 and onto face the Lakers (who will really be tested by the Jazz).