PDA

View Full Version : Hollinger picks spurs in 6

SinBAD
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/spurs-mavericks

6 out of 9 picked the mavs to win.Last year they picked the spurs and we lost. Hollinger is usually right about the spurs.I have a good feeling about this.

Hollinger
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I do too.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Hollinger pretty much owns the Mavs, so this means a lot..he's the Dwyane Wade of analysts when it comes to the Mavs..

in2deep
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
:lol

watch mavfan create another thread "hollinger disrespects the mavs"

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
We're doomed.

AFBlue
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
The other two guys to pick the Spurs were Henry Abbott (TrueHoop creator) and David Thorpe (Scouts Inc.). So the Spurs have a stat guy, hoop blogger and player evaluator/developer in their corner...not a bad mix.

Having said all that, talking heads analyze the game...they don't play it (even if they did at one time). They'll just tell us what we already know...

This is gonna be a knock down, drag out series between two battle-tested teams that are hungry to prove they can win it all. It should be an epic showdown....I can't wait!

:flag:

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: :lobt2:

blackfire12
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
If what I'm about to say matters at all, Colin Cowherd from sportsnation on espn and who hosts his own radio show picked the spurs in 6.

possessed
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
If what I'm about to say matters at all, Colin Cowherd from sportsnation on espn and who hosts his own radio show picked the spurs in 6.

Yikes, the kiss of death. Cowherd is TERRIBLE with his picks.

polandprzem
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
:pctoss

spizzle_tronk
04-15-2010, 11:55 AM
oh ok.

Pero
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
We're doomed.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

eisfeld
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Seems Spurs vs. Mavs and Jazz vs. Nuggest could be the most entertaining playoff series in the first round.

Findog
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Hollinger pretty much owns the Mavs, so this means a lot..he's the Dwyane Wade of analysts when it comes to the Mavs..

How has he owned the Mavs? His thesis (they are a first-round exit this year and not as good as their W-L record) hasn't been tested yet. What has he been proven right about so far?

BlackSwordsMan
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
someone email this to richard jefferson and tell him not to worry when he goes 4-30 because hollinger said spurs got this

Mavs<Spurs
04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
I pick Spurs in 6 over Mavs also ! :toast

urunobili
04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
fuck fully jinxed now
:depressed

admiralsnackbar
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
We're doomed.

Given Hollinger's history, maybe the Spurs can use this as bulletin board material...

Shank
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
The same Hollinger that, weeks ago, said the Mavs would beat the Spurs in a series? That dipshit?

ZB 512
04-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Hollinger prediction = bad news for Spurs fans

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Given Hollinger's history, maybe the Spurs can use this as bulletin board material...

Maybe in a "let's prove Hollinger right for once" theme..........:king

ZB 512
04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
The same Hollinger that, weeks ago, said the Mavs would beat the Spurs in a series? That dipshit?

same Hollinger that stated the Mavs would miss the playoffs last season and finish out of the top 4 this season

lurker
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Hollinger also picks the Suns to be in the finals.

slayermin
04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
There are no moral victories. But I saw a Spurs team that was not intimidated last night. They fought till the end.

A team, if Bonner could knock down a couple of open looks, might have won that game.

This series is huge for Matty Bonner. All the good things I have seen from him during the regular season won't mean shit if he doesn't show up against the Mavs. I have supported Bonner since he's been a Spur. But if he's a no show, Bonner is dead to me.

siraulo23
04-15-2010, 04:03 PM

we're fucked

coyotes_geek
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Not a horrible pick. Portland's no threat to them and I don't think there's much doubt that they're playing a lot better than either the Spurs or mavs are right now. Really it boils down to whether or not the lakers are just bored or whether they're just not as good as we thought. If it's the latter, I can see Phoenix taking them out.

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Neither team takes this in less than 6. Both teams have battled injury, so to say that Ginobli is the missing link is retarded. Both teams have battled injuries. The Mavs starters didn't play significat minutes last night and they didn't give a huge effort. The game was a joke for both teams. Bench players were allowed to come in for both teams and get big minutes. Don't begin to see last nights game as how either team will play.

Enjoy the weekend and save all your pissing, moaning, cheering, gloating, and all the other bs you planned on doing today, for the post game festivities. There should be no "big heads" in San Antonio or Dallas. Last season doesn't mean shit. This season doesn't mean shit. What matters is the game plan for Sunday and who wins game 1.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
IMO, no way this thing doesn't go 7 games. Gonna be another bitter fight to the end.

slayermin
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
The Mavs starters didn't play significat minutes last night and they didn't give a huge effort. The game was a joke for both teams. Bench players were allowed to come in for both teams and get big minutes. Don't begin to see last nights game as how either team will play.

Your top eight players played significant minutes. Maybe some guys played less but overall, your regular rotation played most of the game.

Don't try to play the Mavs didn't try and still won the game argument because that's some bullshit.

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Agree with him. Spurs in 6

Borosai
04-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Damn.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Safe pick.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
This is where my theory of point differential gets tested. The Mavs have been the "better" team all year, but the Spurs are only a few games back, despite the gigantic problems they've had with chemistry and lineups. I keep hearing from Mavs nation that the Mavs got "even better" after the trade deadline, yet the point differential didn't really go up. The Spurs have the second highest point differential in the Western playoffs, and the Mavs have the lowest. In my opinion that makes up for HCA. I said in another thread that the Mavs would win one or two games simply because they'll have great shooting nights, but I don't really see them carving up the Spurs on the inside like they have in past playoff success.

If the Spurs play stupid defense they could give up a lot of corner threes, which could take the series long and potentially doom them. If they take care of business, then hot shooting is the only chance the Mavs have of getting a game. I don't like to pick the Spurs because I'm a jinx but I really can't see the Mavericks taking this series if both teams stay healthy throughout.

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Your top eight players played significant minutes. Maybe some guys played less but overall, your regular rotation played most of the game.

Don't try to play the Mavs didn't try and still won the game argument because that's some bullshit.

With the exception of Butler, no one except Dirk and Marion broke 30 minutes. 33 for Dirk and 30 for Marion.

If Bonner and Mason see heavy minutes against Dallas, there will be big problems for SA. Neither team gave effort last night. Missing open looks, stupid turn overs, mental mistakes.... both teams shot ~40%. Don't expect the Mavs to shoot 40% when the starters play heavy minutes.

Mavs101
04-15-2010, 04:55 PM
This is where my theory of point differential gets tested. The Mavs have been the "better" team all year, but the Spurs are only a few games back, despite the gigantic problems they've had with chemistry and lineups. I keep hearing from Mavs nation that the Mavs got "even better" after the trade deadline, yet the point differential didn't really go up. The Spurs have the second highest point differential in the Western playoffs, and the Mavs have the lowest. In my opinion that makes up for HCA. I said in another thread that the Mavs would win one or two games simply because they'll have great shooting nights, but I don't really see them carving up the Spurs on the inside like they have in past playoff success.

If the Spurs play stupid defense they could give up a lot of corner threes, which could take the series long and potentially doom them. If they take care of business, then hot shooting is the only chance the Mavs have of getting a game. I don't like to pick the Spurs because I'm a jinx but I really can't see the Mavericks taking this series if both teams stay healthy throughout.

Of course 30 games aren't going to change your season point differential that much. You should take a look at the Mavs point differential since the trade deadline. You'd be surprised. It is +5... So if you want to compare beginning of the season to now... you need to reevaluate the Mavs recent play also.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Of course 30 games aren't going to change your season point differential that much. You should take a look at the Mavs point differential since the trade deadline. You'd be surprised. It is +5... So if you want to compare beginning of the season to now... you need to reevaluate the Mavs recent play also.

Okay, I'll get right on that.

monosylab1k
04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
:lol OV gets his entire argument shot down due to his own ignorance. Then he gets butthurt. Apparently hell is still hot.

UnWantedTheory
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I dont see how it is completely shot down...

Danny.Zhu
04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
If Hill is ok, I pick Spurs in 7. If not, Mavs in 6.

Dex
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
They'll be sorry.

DubMcDub
04-15-2010, 08:57 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Booharv
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM

Did you even read the article? I'm almost certain you didn't. He states the recent play of both teams was the deciding factor. Which, of course, you would know if you had in fact read the article.

Booharv
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
:lol OV gets his entire argument shot down due to his own ignorance. Then he gets butthurt. Apparently hell is still hot.

Findog
04-15-2010, 09:28 PM
There are no moral victories. But I saw a Spurs team that was not intimidated last night. They fought till the end.

:lmao

It was a preseason game. Kidd played 28 minutes, none in the 4th Quarter, Dirk played 33. The Mavs had to win the game to clinch the two seed. The Spurs were content to rest and open as a seven seed.

Neither team did anything that can studied on film.

Booharv
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
:lmao

It was a preseason game. Kidd played 28 minutes, none in the 4th Quarter, Dirk played 33. The Mavs had to win the game to clinch the two seed. The Spurs were content to rest and open as a seven seed.

Neither team did anything that can studied on film.

Agreed. If you were the Mavs though you might wanna re-watch Blair beating up the Mavs centers and taking their lunch money. Although, since he is only going to play like 8 mins a game in the series it won't really matter much.

Findog
04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Agreed. If you were the Mavs though you might wanna re-watch Blair beating up the Mavs centers and taking their lunch money. Although, since he is only going to play like 8 mins a game in the series it won't really matter much.

The Mavs stayed home on the shooters and didn't switch anything up. Blair is a very good player, but Dallas doesn't give a damn about what he did last night.

milkyway21
04-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I really think the Spurs can beat the Mavs in 6 or 7...

Findog
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Your top eight players played significant minutes.

Because the two seed was at stake.

Maybe some guys played less but overall, your regular rotation played most of the game.

Bullshit.

Dirk - 33 minutes, came back in to ice it when the Spurs scrubs made it a 3-possession game
Kidd - 28 minutes, sat down for the entire 4th Quarter
Barea - 19 minutes.

Yeah, we'll see that again on Sunday :lol

Don't try to play the Mavs didn't try and still won the game argument because that's some bullshit

Mavs played to win the game with the barest effort possible. Both teams played the other team straight up, no switching...Dirk didn't shoot a FT until 2 minutes left because the Spurs were leaving him open on the perimeter. The Mavs let Blair do whatever he wanted instead of doubling or trapping him.

It was a preseason quality game. Since the Mavs had more to play for than the Spurs, they won. You can't take anything away from last night.

Findog
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I keep hearing from Mavs nation that the Mavs got "even better" after the trade deadline,

They did. Are you familiar with math?

Winning % before trade: 32-20, .615
Winning % after trade: 23-7, .766

yet the point differential didn't really go up.

Yeah, it did. Are you familiar with math?

The Mavs posted a +4.5 PD after the trade, +5.0 if you throw out the first game after the trade when everybody was getting acclimated. Their PD for the year is +2.7, while it hovered below 2.0 all year long.

The Spurs have the second highest point differential in the Western playoffs, and the Mavs have the lowest.

If it's not fair to judge the Spurs by what they did in November and December because they are notoriously "slow starters" and gear up after the ASB for the playoffs, why is it fair to judge the Mavs by what they did before the trade? Why are the Mavs' post-trade PD and stat metrics not as valid as what they did before the trade?

Obstructed_View
04-15-2010, 09:59 PM

The Spurs' point differential the last two months has been closer to 8. Not really sure how my argument has been shot down. The Spurs have had a better point differential than the Mavs all season long, even post supertrade.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Mavs before trade against +.500 teams:

8-6 Home (.571), +0.21 PD
8-7 Road (.533), -1.20 PD
16-13 Overall (.551), -0.51 PD

Mavs after trade against +.500 teams:

5-3 Home (.625), + 1.87 PD
4-2 Road (.666), + 0.66 PD
9-5 Overall (.642), + 1.35 PD

MannyIsGod
04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
My crystal ball says the Spurs win in 5. I'd love to see Findog fight that with stats.

PWNT>

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
The Spurs' point differential the last two months has been closer to 8. Not really sure how my argument has been shot down. The Spurs have had a better point differential than the Mavs all season long, even post supertrade.

Spurs against +.500 teams:

20-23 Overall (.465), 11-9 Home (.550), 9-14 Road (.391)

+1.55 PD Overall, +4.25 Home, -0.78 Road, 5.03 Differential between home and road

Last two months:

8-6 Overall (.571), 3-1 Home (.750), 5-5 Road (.500)

+3.92 PD Overall, + 8.25 Home, + 2.3 Road, 5.95 Differential between home and road

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
My crystal ball says the Spurs win in 5. I'd love to see Findog fight that with stats.

PWNT>

Okay

Booharv
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
The Mavs stayed home on the shooters and didn't switch anything up. Blair is a very good player, but Dallas doesn't give a damn about what he did last night.

If you're in the Mavs organization, suppose Duncan gets in foul trouble and Blair plays 25 minutes, you wouldn't be worried if Blair's averaging 30/30 per 48 minutes when he's in there? That could definitely swing a game. Think Leon Powe 2008 Finals. There was one game Powe had like 21 points in 15 minutes and the Celts won by 5 or 6. That's the only thing to take from that game really--always get a body on Blair when he's in there. Always. The game was 98% useless but ignoring that would be a big mistake.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
This is where my theory of point differential gets tested. .

It's not "your" theory. It's been pretty accepted for awhile now in most basketball circles that PD is a more accurate predictor of playoff success than wins and losses.

The Mavs put up a very good PD post-trade, not as good as San Antonio in the same stretch, but a lot better than before the trade. If the Spurs had HCA, I'd pick them to win this series because I feel these teams are evenly matched. I think both teams will win a game on the road. Dallas having HCA is why I'm picking the Mavs in 7.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
If you're in the Mavs organization, suppose Duncan gets in foul trouble and Blair plays 25 minutes, you wouldn't be worried if Blair's averaging 30/30 per 48 minutes when he's in there? That could definitely swing a game. Think Leon Powe 2008 Finals. There was one game Powe had like 21 points in 15 minutes and the Celts won by 5 or 6. That's the only thing to take from that game really--always get a body on Blair when he's in there. Always. The game was 98% useless but ignoring that would be a big mistake.

We didn't learn anything new last night - Blair is a very good player, and against our team playing a very vanilla scheme, he beasted. If anything, it's good that he did, so we could a vivid demonstration of what he can do, thankfully in a game that ultimately is irrelevant to the upcoming series.

Mixability
04-15-2010, 10:33 PM
i'm going with 6, fuck taking it 7 and giving me a heart attack.

Booharv
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
We didn't learn anything new last night - Blair is a very good player, and against our team playing a very vanilla scheme, he beasted. If anything, it's good that he did, so we could a vivid demonstration of what he can do, thankfully in a game that ultimately is irrelevant to the upcoming series.

What I'm saying is it's one thing to read a scouting report versus experiencing something first hand. Since Blair did dog shit in the first 3 games, Damp and Haywood def got lazy boxing out Blair a few times and they probably learned their lesson.

Booharv
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
We can both agree though Findog, that the best part of this thread was when OV referred to paying more attention to point differential than win loss record was his theory. Best part hands down.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
We can both agree though Findog, that the best part of this thread was when OV referred to paying more attention to point differential than win loss record was his theory. Best part hands down.

Yeah, that was hilarious. Like he had some sort of super-secret formula that nobody else knew about and he decided to finally unveil for the rest of us rubes. Thank you for the lesson, Daryl Morey!

The numbers do look awfully good for the Spurs the last couple of months, for what it's worth. My brain is telling me to pick the Spurs, but the Mav fan in me is taking Dallas in 7.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
You can toss around all the numbers you want. To me, this series depends strictly on what Manu can do. If he plays the way he has played in the last few months, we take this series handily, if he doesn't we probably won't win it.
And I don't necessarily mean just scoring. He's the guy that can make RJ into a factor out there, and one of the few guys we have that will require extra attention for Dallas when he drives and will open up shots for perimeter guys.
I like where our team is, and this Dallas team really doesn't scare anybody. They're a good team, but nothing we can't match up with.

Findog
04-15-2010, 10:58 PM
You can toss around all the numbers you want. To me, this series depends strictly on what Manu can do. If he plays the way he has played in the last few months, we take this series handily, if he doesn't we probably won't win it.
And I don't necessarily mean just scoring. He's the guy that can make RJ into a factor out there, and one of the few guys we have that will require extra attention for Dallas when he drives and will open up shots for perimeter guys.
I like where our team is, and this Dallas team really doesn't scare anybody. They're a good team, but nothing we can't match up with.

You can toss around numbers and matchups all you want, but for me this series depends strictly on Dallas being dialed in and giving a constant effort on defense. We will win a couple of games simply from hot shooting. We will lose a couple of games when we shoot 40-45%. When this team plays up to its potential on defense, it becomes pretty hard to beat. When it slacks off, that's when we end up getting run out of the gym by the Knicks and Hornets.

Of our seven losses since the trade, a good four of them are "lack of effort" losses - Knicks at home, Hornets on the road, Magic at home, Zombie Sonics at home. Defensively we were awful in those losses, whereas in the immediate aftermath of the trade, we were very good on defense.

In the playoffs, fatigue and motivation shouldn't be an issue. If this team can't play hard for all 48 minutes of a playoff game, then we don't deserve to move on. What I'm saying is that I think this comes down to more of what we do or don't do than what San Antonio does to us.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I would buy that if the difference between teams wouldn't be a mere 5 games over a 82 games season. I do think they're fairly even teams, and homecourt is definitely a plus for Dallas.
That said, Duncan has shown to be fairly fresh, and Manu specifically I know will be extra motivated after missing last year's playoffs. And to be honest, if Manu is Manu, I look at Dallas and I don't see anybody that can guard him. I also don't see any shotblockers. And that's exactly what I mean when I say that they don't scare anybody.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Dallas seems to have a better ability to lock down on people when it matters defensively than the Spurs.

Spurs seem much more likely to go on scoring droughts and either dig into a hole or cough up a lead.

The Spurs will have to play pretty flawless ball to win this series.

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
And to be honest, if Manu is Manu, I look at Dallas and I don't see anybody that can guard him. .

Really? Because I look at Manu, and even at his best, when given the choice, I prefer the ordeal of having to check him with a tag-team of Marion, Butler, Stevenson and Kidd...as opposed to being Popovich and having to throw McDyess, Bonner and Jefferson at Dirk and hope for the best. I still cannot believe after all these years the Spurs have not gone out and gotten somebody to check Dirk - a long three that can really bother him, a Shawn Marion type in other words.

I think the Mavs are more likely to survive Manu being Manu than the Spurs surviving Dirk being Dirk.

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Dallas seems to have a better ability to lock down on people when it matters defensively than the Spurs.

Manu is scaring me with his vintage 2005 play recently, but I think we have better options for checking him than the Spurs do for checking Dirk.

Of course, the Spurs will probably play Dirk straight up at times and at others they will trap and double him, or try to prevent him from getting to his preferred spots.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
It's not really about that. It is about saying, ok, we are getting stops for the next few minutes. I feel the Mavs can do that better than the Spurs. That is huge in the playoffs.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
I think the Mavs are more likely to survive Manu being Manu than the Spurs surviving Dirk being Dirk.

I really can't agree. Sure, Dirk could potentially get any look he wants (I would argue that Dice actually plays him a lot better than the likes of Bonner). But for us, it's not just Manu scoring, but also opening the game for other guys.
When he's in that zone, he just commands way too much attention and opens things up for other guys.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Manu is scaring me with his vintage 2005 play recently, but I think we have better options for checking him than the Spurs do for checking Dirk.

Of course, the Spurs will probably play Dirk straight up at times and at others they will trap and double him, or try to prevent him from getting to his preferred spots.

I also believe Terry has been shooting pretty atrocious for the season, right? Which would work well for us doubling Dirk (although Donatello will probably get off his slump just for this series)...

NRHector
04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
and why are we still making threads about Hollinger?
:nope

ElNono
04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
It's not really about that. It is about saying, ok, we are getting stops for the next few minutes. I feel the Mavs can do that better than the Spurs. That is huge in the playoffs.

They've been more consistant doing that. Although our starting unit has been doing great in that department in the last few weeks. It's our second unit that leaks like a sieve. Now, considering we don't need to rest our starters anymore, I would hope to see longer stretches of that for us too.

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I hope so. I just don't have a lot of faith that teams can all of the sudden become really good at that. The Spurs are who they are at this point. We will see. I am calm right now, but Saturday night, I will be so hyped.

I wish the game was on Saturday, so I could drink and not have to worry about work the next day :cry

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I really can't agree. Sure, Dirk could potentially get any look he wants (I would argue that Dice actually plays him a lot better than the likes of Bonner). But for us, it's not just Manu scoring, but also opening the game for other guys.
When he's in that zone, he just commands way too much attention and opens things up for other guys.

Did you not watch the series last year? Dirk doesn't operate in a vacuum. The Spurs for the most part did not play him straight up - they went with the defense utilized by Houston, Miami and Golden State before them, and it really didn't work. Dirk was the facilitator and you guys got burned by the open looks our other guys got. There was a time in his career when the doubles and traps really bothered him. Not anymore really.

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I also believe Terry has been shooting pretty atrocious for the season, right? Which would work well for us doubling Dirk (although Donatello will probably get off his slump just for this series)...

Terry sucked ass against San Antonio last year in the playoffs. Even when he's not shooting well, you still have to respect him and can't sag off.

ElNono
04-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Did you not watch the series last year? Dirk doesn't operate in a vacuum. The Spurs for the most part did not play him straight up - they went with the defense utilized by Houston, Miami and Golden State before them, and it really didn't work. Dirk was the facilitator and you guys got burned by the open looks our other guys got. There was a time in his career when the doubles and traps really bothered him. Not anymore really.

Dice wasn't in San Antonio last year, and honestly, I didn't think it was Dirk who hurt us, it was JHo playing like Jordan every time we played. Terry hitting every floater he threw on the run. Also scrub players like Barea and Bass outplaying our scrubs like Finley, Mason and Bonner...
Dirk is going to get his, and we should be more than comfortable to even that output with a tandem of Duncan and Parker... The question is how is everyone else going to play. And that's where Gino has had an impact in our team. When he's playing well, RJ plays well. Blair plays better. Bonner gets better looks.

Findog
04-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Dice wasn't in San Antonio last year,

What's he gonna do? Shut down Dirk?

and honestly, I didn't think it was Dirk who hurt us, it was JHo playing like Jordan every time we played. Terry hitting every floater he threw on the run. Also scrub players like Barea and Bass outplaying our scrubs like Finley, Mason and Bonner...

Dirk hurt you because the Spurs were committed to not letting him beat you and that opened up the floor for his teammates. You think if they stayed home on everybody else that Josh would burn you on those bum ankles? Seriously?

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
i pick the spurs in 7, but I'd prefer 6 obviously

ElNono
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
What's he gonna do? Shut down Dirk?

No, but unlike Bonner, he can atleast play him straight up. Furthermore, he can rebound the misses.

Dirk hurt you because the Spurs were committed to not letting him beat you and that opened up the floor for his teammates. You think if they stayed home on everybody else that Josh would burn you on those bum ankles? Seriously?

Barea and Bass did most of their damage with Dirk sitting on the bench...
But regardless, our FO acknowldged we were lacking talent and that's exactly why we brought up Dice and RJ, plus this season we have other contributors like Blair and Hill, the last one barely playing last season.
You can't assume we're going to play Dirk the same as last season, because we simply have different personnel than we did a year ago. Much like I know Dallas won't play us the same considering we have much different talent than last season.

ElNono
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
(And the Spurs will probably plan differently because Dallas isn't the same team of last season either)

MannyIsGod
04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Crystal ball!

Actually I used a super computer to analyze Dirk's face and it spit out there is only a 0.34398430984% probability Dirk's face will ever be championship material.

PWNT!111!!!```

ElNono
04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
And BTW, what I think makes this series very interesting is that there are a lot of IFs on both teams. We know what TD and Dirk can give you. We know somewhat what Parker, Manu, Kidd and Terry could potentially give you. But I'm not sure how other guys are going to respond to the playoffs and the intensity of a series like this one. On Dallas, Haywood and Butler could be major or could be busts. On SA, RJ and Dice Are a big unknown. Guys like Roddy in Dallas could end up being a difference maker, and so is Blair for SA.

Findog
04-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Crystal ball!

Actually I used a super computer to analyze Dirk's face and it spit out there is only a 0.34398430984% probability Dirk's face will ever be championship material.

That's awesome, bro.

PWNT!111!!!```

What is this, 4chan? Can I get some I can haz Larry O'Brien cat pictures?

mavsfan1000
04-16-2010, 01:06 AM
No surprise from Trollinger.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2010, 02:19 AM
It's not "your" theory. It's been pretty accepted for awhile now in most basketball circles that PD is a more accurate predictor of playoff success than wins and losses.

Actually, I couldn't agree more. I only referred to it as "my" theory because I've been in lots of discussions with other Spursfans over the season pointing out how accurate it is and have actually had to go to some lengths to defend it. If it has any merit, there's not a better playoff pairing than this one to test it out.

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Maybe in a "let's prove Hollinger right for once" theme..........:king

Exactly :toast