PDA

View Full Version : TP interview

Bruno
04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une_sport_detail_-NBA.-Tony-Parker-Je-reviens-en-forme-pour-les-playoffs-_3638-1334165_actu.Htm

Rough translation:

Tony, you have been injured a lot this year, how are you?
I'm fine. The plantar fasciitis and the injury at the left knee belong to the past.

Because of these injuries, your season has been complicated...
Injuries are part of a sportsman's career. That's the way it is. I've played eight years without major injuries with long term consequences, so I'm fine with it. Now, I'm back in good shape for the playoff. It's the most important.

How are the Spurs?
Fine. The team has had a lot of ups and down this year. We've struggled to find a good rhythm and that's why we end up at the 7th seed. We've played better for few weeks. I have a very positive feeling. We enter in the playoffs with confidence.

What are your odds against Dallas?
They have HCA but we have a lot of experience and we are back at our best level. It will be an interesting matchup.

Is the team ready chemistry wise?
Yes, we play well. We have lately won against some big teams like Denver or the Lakers after having been criticized the whole season. These critics were deserved because we weren't at our usual spot. When you are San Antonio, people expect that we end up 1st, 2nd or 3rd. But when we draw conclusions, it's still a good season. After all, we end the season with 50 wins.

Will you start against Dallas?
No. Pop want that I come from the bench. I will play the role of X-Factor but I will have the same playing time as others. Manu will start. He is playing great and is back at an all star level. It's logical that the coach continue to let him in the starting lineup. The team will play around him.

During the last game of the RS, SA lost against Dallas without really playing and without Duncan and Ginobili. Has Pop done it on purpose to face Dallas during the playoffs?
No, Pop only wanted to give some rest to Tim and Manu. We have very little chances to play someone else than Dallas in the first round. And we don't care who we will face in the first round. To play against Dallas, Denver or Utah in the first round change nothing.

Your contract will end next year. How do you see your future?
I don't really think about it for the moment. What I can say is that I've have no talk about it with Spurs' FO for the moment. We will see in July. Maybe they will want to give me an extension.

Like they recently did with Ginobili?
It's a very good news for the team. It's logical that Manu end his career in SA. He deserved it.

Will you play the WC with FNT this summer?
I don't know but it's clear I want to play with FNT. We will see Spurs' result during the playoffs but I still think about FNT.

PBEEZY
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Parker has always been upfront and honest, good read

Mel_13
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
No. Pop want that I come from the bench. I will play the role of X-Factor but I will have the same playing time as others. Manu will start. He is playing great and is back at an all star level. It's logical that the coach continue to let him in the starting lineup. The team will play around him.

Thanks, Bruno.

This part is interesting.

If Hill can't go on Sunday, will Pop actually start Temple to keep Tony in the X-factor role? He's a better choice than starting Mason, but starting such an inexperienced player would be unusual.

Bruno
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
And you can see how Parker hate Manu in this interview. :lol

sonic21
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
He's too nice with Manu, something's fishy

kace
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
OK, maybe he likes manu but he's still a diva who would refuse to come from the bench. wait.....

DAF86
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
TP will have a great series against Dallas, book it.

taps
04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Sounds like Tony's blaming Manu for not getting 1-3 seed

peacemaker885
04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
[url]http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une_sport_detail_-
How are the Spurs?
Fine. The team has had a lot of ups and down this year. We've struggled to find a good rhythm and that's why we end up at the 7th seed. We've played better for few weeks. I have a very positive feeling. We enter in the playoffs with confidence.

What are your odds against Dallas?
They have HCA but we have a lot of experience and we are back at our best level. It will be an interesting matchup.

This make me feel very confident. Right now I think everything is just mental. Our guys have to believe and with that statement from Tony I feel very good.

Brazil
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une_sport_detail_-NBA.-Tony-Parker-Je-reviens-en-forme-pour-les-playoffs-_3638-1334165_actu.Htm

:lol

Where all the TP haters and their stupid B/S regarding the so called TP's ego ?

Come on guys come and post here to state once again that TP will never accept playing off the bench cauz he has a huge ego !

xamila rey
04-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Love the honesty of Parker in all of his interviews.
I really believe this series will bring the best of him this year.

ffadicted
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Excellent interview, excellent answers. Love the idea of tony off the bench, even without hill

Mel_13
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Where all the TP haters and their stupid B/S regarding the so called TP's ego ?

Come on guys come and post here to state once again that TP will never accept playing off the bench cauz he has a huge ego !

They won't.

Most of those posts were in two parts:

1. Tony's ego won't allow him to accept a bench role.

2. Pop won't have the courage to do what's best for the team.

Usually stated with great certainty. Don't expect them to show up when evidence to the contrary is clear for all to see.

nkdlunch
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Role of X-Factor??? mmmmm

Bukefal
04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice interview. Gotta love how TP talks in interviews, as some other said, he is just to the point and honest. As for TP coming of the bench, hmm, I thought he would be a starter asap. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks for the translation Bruno!! :toast

DAF86
04-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Excellent interview, excellent answers. Love the idea of tony off the bench, even without hill

I think he will end up playing as a starter at the end of our playoffs run, whenever that may be.

Brazil
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I think he will end up playing as a starter at the end of our playoffs run, whenever that may be.

It could be but it seems pretty clear that it would be a Pop decision and TP doesn't care.

I love this team really.

Blackjack
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks, Bruno. :toast

Definitely an interesting point Mel brings up . . .

The whole point of Tony coming off the bench is to keep continuity and maintain the all so elusive chemistry they've finally been able to find, so starting Tony for Game 1 would seem counterintuitive; their one break in the series (2 days) happens between Games 1 and 2 and sitting Hill for the first game would probably be wise (depending on the severity).

But could they really go with Temple; Pop would be the guy to do it . . .

DAF86
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM

I don't like the idea.

Brazil
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Bruno. :toast

Definitely an interesting point Mel brings up . . .

The whole point of Tony coming off the bench is to keep continuity and maintain the all so elusive chemistry they've finally been able to find, so starting Tony for Game 1 would seem counterintuitive; their one break in the series (2 days) happens between Games 1 and 2 and sitting Hill for the first game would probably be wise (depending on the severity).

I'm not sure Pop will use TP off the bench if Hill is sidelined for the game but it seems pretty clear that the team and Pop want to maintain the chemistry they obtained recently and give the more touches possible to Manu and I'm perfectly fine with that tbh.

spurs4real
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Manu will start. He is playing great and is back at an all star level. It's logical that the coach continue to let him in the starting lineup. The team will play around him.

Wow the best thing Ive ever heard from Parker, the team will play around Manu. That made my day. I honestly think the Spurs and Coaches really know what they are doing this time around. Way to take one for the team Parker.

Brazil
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow the best thing Ive ever heard from Parker, the team will play around Manu. That made my day. I honestly think the Spurs and Coaches really know what they are doing this time around. Way to take one for the team Parker.

I understand why you are so happy.

fuck parker. he fucked this team up. fucking ballhog.

Thats what Im talking about, some get it some dont. He helped us get 3 rings because he wasnt the main factor in the system, now that he wants to be the main factor we as a team are not good for the last 3 years.

Man In Black
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
This team now has 2 X-Factors. That's more than other teams and for the Spurs, since Guard play is such a strength, they can attack in waves.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Seeing Temple start would be crazy.

duncan228
04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Parker hoping to compete in worlds (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100415/sports/basket_nba_spurs_world_tur_fra_parker)

San Antonio Spurs' guard Tony Parker said Thursday he was hopeful of competing for France in the world basketball championships in Turkey this summer.

"For the moment, in my head, I'm going to play. We have to see first how far we go with the Spurs, what we're going to do in the play-offs," said Parker, as he prepares with his side for the NBA play-offs in Dallas on Sunday.

Parker has competed in all major tournaments with France since 2005, despite the fact that Spurs were unhappy with the time this kept him away from the NBA team.

The fact that Parker has had a lot of injuries this season - ankle, hip, foot and hand - had led to speculation as to whether the France captain would compete in the worlds.

Parker, whose contract with the Spurs concludes at the end of next season, added that he will start on the bench against Dallas on Sunday.

Meanwhile, rookie Dallas guard Rodrigue Beaubois, who will meet compatriot Parker in the first round of the play-offs, insisted the France team was his "objective" but without knowing if his club would free him for worlds.

"We haven't talked about it yet. We'll do that when it's time to make a decision. I don't know what the answer will be, we'll see," said Beaubois.

Other French NBA players like Nicolas Batum (Portland), Ronny Turiaf (Golden State) or Joakim Noah (Chicago) have also left their participation open.

Charlotte forward Boris Diaw is the only French NBA player certain to compete, while the others await to see how their teams fare in the play-offs.

France, fifth at the 2006 world championships in Japan, are in the same group as Spain, Lithuania, Canada, New Zealand and Lebanon for the world championships from August 28 to September 12.

silverblk mystix
04-15-2010, 05:24 PM
great attitude by Tony...

hell , the whole ORGANIZATION speaks similarly ...it is (as always) a result of things being done ----the right way.

Parker2112
04-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Our title hopes rest in Tony's hands.

TD 21
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Bruno.

This part is interesting.

If Hill can't go on Sunday, will Pop actually start Temple to keep Tony in the X-factor role? He's a better choice than starting Mason, but starting such an inexperienced player would be unusual.

Even though Temple's game resembles Hill's more than Mason, Bogans and Hairston, I can't imagine Pop starting him in a playoff game. Other than if Butler get's it going, Bogans isn't really needed in this series. He can't guard Terry and Barea and he's not needed to guard Marion and Kidd. So that leaves Mason as the likely starter, which would be a disaster. I expect the Spurs to go with a three guard rotation, so that third guard will have to play significant minutes and with the way Mason is playing, that right there could cost the Spurs the game(s).

Pop may opt to sit Hill for game one since game two isn't until Wednesday, which would give him essentially a full week off, while only having missed one game. Sounds reasonable, but realistically if the Spurs have designs on not only winning this series, but doing so in six games, they'll have to steal game one. That's because Duncan and Ginobili will be rested and likely have strong game one performances. If that's the case, the Spurs can't waste a game where both of them are on top of their games, particularly on the road. I see this series playing out as similar to the '07 Suns series, but it all starts with winning game one and to do this, the Spurs will more than likely need Hill to play and not noticeably favor his ankle.

Brazil
04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
If Hill doesn't play in game 1 I think TP will begin the game and Temple will do the back up job

ezau
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Parker's going to rape the Mavettes' bench, book it

spurs4real
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I understand why you are so happy.

:lmao

Well I have to be honest about it of course Im happy, you should be too. Good things come when you let Manu orchestrate the offense.

lefty
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I read on a french website that Pop has decided that Manu will be option number 1 on offense, as he doesn't want to ruin a good thing

ezau
04-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Either way, the Big Three has to be ready and healthy. We need Parker if we want to make any noise this playoffs

DPG21920
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
It was really great to hear TP speak so highly of Manu. It is great to at least hear everyone is feeling good and confident. There were certainly some trust issues and complications with the team the entire year, but they are playing well so far.

I still don't agree with TP coming off the bench, but we will see how it works out.

crc21209
04-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm down with TP being that X-factor/6th man off the bench for us in the Playoffs. I mean why not...Hill has done well in the starting line-up and Manu can dominate the ball with the starting unit while TP can come in and do what he wants with the 2nd unit....

crc21209
04-16-2010, 12:19 AM
I read on a french website that Pop has decided that Manu will be option number 1 on offense, as he doesn't want to ruin a good thing

As it should be...Manu is playing at an incredible level right now.

BillMc
04-16-2010, 12:22 AM
All that matters to Tony (besides a win) is total and crunchtime minutes.

Tony is a team guy and always has been. Not sure why some think otherwise.

kace
04-16-2010, 07:32 AM

link ?

coming from the bench / let manu lead the show for the first unit and overall AND not being a first offensive option are different things. if tp is at his best or not far from it (big IF though), i think we will have three main offensive options as usual.

so knowing your opinion about TP, i would like a link.

kace
04-16-2010, 07:35 AM
All that matters to Tony (besides a win) is total and crunchtime minutes.

Tony is a team guy and always has been. Not sure why some think otherwise.

exactly. more quotes from the french sport site lequipe.fr:

"Pop does what he wants and i'll do what he asks me to do. He wants me to be an X-factor from the bench. Manu plays very well now and we need not to break his rythm"

"It's a new thing from me, that's strange, but i understand. and i know i'll get on the court very soon in a game".

lefty
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
link ?

coming from the bench / let manu lead the show for the first unit and overall AND not being a first offensive option are different things. if tp is at his best or not far from it (big IF though), i think we will have three main offensive options as usual.

so knowing your opinion about TP, i would like a link.

Here is the link: http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/108248/tony-parker-sur-le-banc-a-dallas/

Dimanche à Dallas, San Antonio débutera son premier tour de play-offs face aux Mavericks. Tony Parker débutera ses oppositions sur le banc et servira d'électron libre comme lui a demandé son coach Gregg Popovich. Il s'agit « de ne pas casser la bonne dynamique de Manu Ginobili » a confié Tony Parker. L'Argentin est le grand artisan du réveil des Spurs lors de la fin de la saison régulière. Toutefois Parker jouera le même nombre de minutes que lorsqu'il débute dans le cinq majeur des Texans.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh shit, mavvies are gonna get RAPED by TP coming off the bench. Brilliant move, and good for Tony pulling a Manu and not letting ego get in the way of the team (after all, he's not just been a starter for 9 years--he was our most recent Finals MVP).

FUCK YOU, parker haters.

sonic21
04-16-2010, 08:59 AM

Here is the link: http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/108248/tony-parker-sur-le-banc-a-dallas/

:huh

Lebowski Brickowski
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
No. Pop want that I come from the bench. I will play the role of X-Factor

I like it -- but I want TP to get a lot of time against kidd. Tony will be fired up to play against him, as he always is. Tony has the skills to neutralize him on O and D (maybe more than any other PG in the league,) and can really use that match-up to regain his rythym, speed, balance, and authority -- which will be extremely important to the team's success.

gm5k
04-16-2010, 10:18 AM

They won't.

Most of those posts were in two parts:

1. Tony's ego won't allow him to accept a bench role.

2. Pop won't have the courage to do what's best for the team.

Usually stated with great certainty. Don't expect them to show up when evidence to the contrary is clear for all to see.

I was in the first camp. I made a hasty harsh comment about the subject. I was wrong. Crow happily eaten :toast

never been a Tony hater, big fan. I just honestly thought he'd be a baby about the role of coming off the bench. Like I said, glad to be wrong.

thanks OP for interview. gotta love that we have a former Finals MVP coming off the bench :hat

Cane
04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I like Tony coming off the bench although that means that the midget named JJ will be guarding him rather than the old and slow Jason Kidd.

in2deep
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I like Tony coming off the bench although that means that the midget named JJ will be guarding him rather than the old and slow Jason Kidd.

wait we don't know if Tony will be off the bench.

Since Hill will probably be out, Tony might come back as starter?

nevermind, Pop will probably try to continue riding Manu's greatness to start the game and hope Tony can bring the punch off the bench.

But that might change in game 3 on

lefty
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah something like that

lefty
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Either way, the Big Three has to be ready and healthy. We need Parker if we want to make any noise this playoffs
Manu and Tim will be ok

I hope Hill won't miss the playoffs

Doctor J
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for posting, Bruno.

By the way, what does HCA stand for? :depressed

lefty
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting, Bruno.

By the way, what does HCA stand for? :depressed
Home court advantage

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Home court "advantage"

FIFY.

IMO, when you're good, there is no disadvantage to playing away from home.

Just win, baby.

Doctor J
04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Home court advantage

How silly of me! Why didn't I know that?

Thanks for your answer.

The Truth #6
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I think Temple will start. Pop wants Manu to set a tone. That's my guess.

kace
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Yeah something like that

:rollin

exactly what i thought. too predictable from you lefty.

next time, when you have an opinion, dont' try to bring a fake opinion from a site or a journalist to make it look more legit and back it up :lol

for those who don't read frech, lefty said:

when his link only said that tony will come from the bench to let manu start and not to break his good rythm.

Brazil
04-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Well I have to be honest about it of course Im happy, you should be too. Good things come when you let Manu orchestrate the offense.

I guess you are also happy to see that you were dead wrong regarding the so-called TP ego b/s.

Popo>Phil
04-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Tony's always been good in front of media, I like this interview, hope he will get to 90% of his normal level in first round.

Also like the idea to bench Tony, better for our matchups and RJ...

With most of the NBA players to attend, I would see a big chance of FNT to get a medal in WC.

Thx Bruno.

weebo
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Parker off the bench sounds good like a lot of us had been advocating. I just hope all the Parker fan boys aren't all butthurt.

maddnezz
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM

DUDE......................SCREW ALL THIS TALKIN, YOUR AVATAR IS AWWWSOOOOOOMMMEEEEEEEEEE! GOOD LORD!:wow