PDA

View Full Version : The Hack-off

spursncowboys
04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Is anyone excited too? If you don't know, this apart of Jim Rome's radio show. Every year he has a Smack-off where all the best callers call and compete against each other. The Hack-off, which this will be the first, is the most entertaining worst callers competing for one spot in the Smack-off.

It is going to be tomorrow (Friday) in the second and third hour (12 pm to 2 pm).

Fpoonsie
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Jim Rome sucks.

Spurstro
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I mean you might as well go to a party dressed up as your mom

Blake
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
+1 looking forward to hack off over smack off

pawe
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Why does he talk like a zombie?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Jim Rome sucks.
:tu

dirk4mvp
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Jim Rome sucks.

Outrageous statement, imho.

Fpoonsie
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM

Sorry, his obnoxious shtick has reached borderline Amarelooms' pink elephant proportions.

Not to mention, that every time I hear "Eddie from Idaho"'s smack, I can't help but picture Mavfan's favorite funny man, Patton Oswalt, in Big Fan.

('course, as I type this, I immediately notice the similarities between the show I hate and the msg board I love)

leemajors
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM

I kept saying he sucked 7 years ago too, yet I kept tuning in. Show is like crack. I don't like that call, hahaha

Blake
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry, his obnoxious shtick has reached borderline Amarelooms' pink elephant proportions.

Not to mention, that every time I hear "Eddie from Idaho"'s smack, I can't help but picture Mavfan's favorite funny man, Patton Oswalt, in Big Fan.

('course, as I type this, I immediately notice the similarities between the show I hate and the msg board I love)

phenomenal

dirk4mvp
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM

tbh, saying "UH OH" 10 times in a row in the style of Carl Lewis after he took a shit on the national athem is just flat out funny when Rome does it.

symple19
04-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Rome is great. Should be good times.

Somebody post the youtube where he rants about fat people....Pure glory

LnGrrrR
04-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Jim Rome is a pretty good show except when he:

1) acts high and mighty and

2) performs fellatio on guests during his interviews.

Maybe I've missed them because I'm not a regular listener, but I've never heard a hard-hitting interview.

That said, I first heard the Howard Dean YEARRGGGHH on his show, and was like, "Wtf?!?" before I found out where it was from... he played that clip a billion times that day, and it was hilarious.

I also loved when he first told the story of the manual buzzer, and then he used that frequently.

The best thing is the recurring jokes on the show, IMO.

Spurstro
04-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I mean if I have to rape a girl just to have sex with her, it's probably not worth it.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Rome is great. Should be good times.

Somebody post the youtube where he rants about fat people....Pure glory

:rollin

hzqBj8rh03A

Lackluster
04-16-2010, 08:44 AM
I mean you might as well go to a party dressed up as your mom

i'm expecting big things from jolene. her rsvp to the hack off was hilarious.

i think she's my front runner just because of her makeshift sentence structure.

Spurstro
04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
LOL.....yes Jolene has to be the favorite.

There was a caller awhile back that was referring to a College Football bowl, and then he said something like...'they should just call it the toilet bowl'. I wonder if that dude is in it.

DarkReign
04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
:rollin

hzqBj8rh03A

Ok, I listened to the first 2 minutes of that, really giving it a shot.

Not funny, not even a smile. Horribly stale and completely uninspiring trite repeated endlessly with no real punchline...and yet, I think that was the joke.

Which makes it even less funny.

leemajors
04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
His tiger interview a few weeks ago with the responses from the first press conference was hilarious. That's between me and Elin. It's in the police report. That's personal.

panic giraffe
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
yea tried listening to that youtube clip, and it was stupid. so he's on a sports station? how? he was just making bad jokes about easy targets...

Blake
04-16-2010, 02:06 PM
if you listen to a a few minutes of him he sounds like a jackass.

if you listen to a few years of him, you realize he is the best thing on sports radio. There's a reason he has so many radio station affiliates that buy into his syndicated show around the country in the biggest markets.

Taco
04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Flamian Famous Quotes "Doggy Dog", "It's on Holmes" & "YouKnowYouKnowYouKnow"

leemajors
04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
if you listen to a a few minutes of him he sounds like a jackass.

if you listen to a few years of him, you realize he is the best thing on sports radio. There's a reason he has so many radio station affiliates that buy into his syndicated show around the country in the biggest markets.

Well, he is a jackass. I'm still not sure whether it's him or the way he handles the clones that makes it what it is. Probably both. My roomate just started listening a couple weeks ago, and hated it. After a few weeks, he can't stop listening to it. I just tune in during lunch.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Didn't listen to the last few callers. Did anyone top the 3rd caller?