PDA

View Full Version : Playoff first round predictions

SpursDynasty
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Lakers vs. Thunder - The Thunder will pretty much go out there, take care of business, and beat the Lakers in 6 games. The Lakers are just not that good this year. They finished 8 games behind last year's pace, and the Lakers are slow and average without Trevor Ariza. Ariza made a lot of big plays last year in the playoffs and Ron Artest just doesn't have the same impact. Also Durant > Kobe. When OKC wins this series it won't be an "upset" as many will claim, the Thunder are the favorites to win this series.

Mavericks vs. Spurs - Another case of the higher seed being the underdog in the series. This Mavericks team is not the same team that beat the Spurs in 2006. Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Stackhouse..all players that used to hit bullshit shots against the Spurs, but those guys are gone. This Mavs team won't do much. A team with no All-Stars while the Spurs have 4 All-Stars in TD, TP, Manu, and George Hill. The Spurs are the favorites to win this series. The Mavs only won last year because the Spurs didn't have Ginobili. Spurs in 5, easy series. No big deal here.

Suns vs. Blazers - Yet another case of the higher seed being the underdog. You have to wonder when the Suns and Mavericks will learn that Nash and Dirk are not players on which you build a championship team. Not much to say about this series. What happens if Phoenix misses shots? Phoenix over the years has depended on making shots in order to win playoff games. But what if the shots don't go in?

Nuggets vs. Jazz - Two solid teams but this series will be painful to watch. Denver is the favorite in the series.

TheMACHINE
04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
lol...the only thing you got right is the Suns. Welcome back.

Amarelooms
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
lol can't wait for your excuses in about 10 days

:elephant

TD 21
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Whatever someone's prediction is, don't say "the only thing you got right" before the playoffs even begin.

Lakers in six - I wouldn't be surprised if it went seven, but the Thunder are too deficient inside to deal with the Lakers and there's no way Bryant, even in his current state, allows this team to go down in round one.

Spurs in six - Admittedly, this is predicated on them winning game one (if they don't, it goes seven, I still see them winning). Ignore this all you want, but the team stats suggest Spurs are the better team and yes it is a game of match-ups and the Spurs don't match-up great with Nowitzki, but they do well enough with the rest of the Mavs and then there's this: They have a better core. A core that's playing better simultaneously than they have in two, maybe three years.

Suns in five - I'd have bought this being longer had Roy been 100%; with him limited, already low scoring Trail Blazers will have a tough time scoring enough to win. Even if they hold the Suns down somewhat, they're not going to keep the score in the low to mid 90's and that's going to spell disaster.

Jazz in six - Something is just not right with the Nuggets. Similar to Hornets of last year, I see them going out meekly. Despite Jazz injuries, they've won consistently, plus have better chemistry. The Jazz are better than their individual talent would suggest.

clambake
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
can't be much satisfaction in beating brenda, erika and the choker cast.

MavDynasty
04-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi.

Pelicans78
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't like Jeff Green against the Lakers. Don't think he can play big enough against the Lakers bigs. He will be the reason why the Thunder won't advance. Westbrook and Durant will do all they can and Sefalosha is a good defender. I think Lakers win in 6.

Spurs and Mavs is tough to call. I like both teams. I like them alot. I wish Dallas wouldn't start Butler and Marion together, especially against the Spurs with Hill, Parker, and Manu. Unfortunately they will since they don't trust Roddy. I would perhaps start Terry instead of Butler and have Butler the 6th man to lead the bench to work with Roddy, JJ, and Haywood. Can Dampwood contain Duncan? Who on the Spurs will guard Dirk? I'm going with the Mavs in 7 but its gonna be a battle.

Jazz vs Nuggets. Two teams not playing up to par. Two very, very, physical teams. This is gonna be a street fight. Great matchups with Billups versus D-Will, Boozer vs. Nene, Martin on Okur, etc. Again, too close to call, but I don't trust Adrian Dantley as coach. I don't trust Martin's knee. I like the Jazz in 6.

Suns vs Blazers. I give the Blazers organization alot of credit for being here. Coach, FO, and the players. However losing Roy hurts, it hurts alot. He's one of my favorite players. I can't believe MJ drafted Adam Morrison over him. However, Phoenix is on a mission. Even without Robin Lopez, they dominated Denver and Utah in back-to-back nights. They're playing really well. They will miss Lopez, but not against Portland. Suns in 5.

LnGrrrR
04-16-2010, 03:07 AM
I don't think the Thunder can pull it off quite yet, but it will be valuable playoff experience.

nkdlunch
04-16-2010, 09:33 AM
:lmao

now that's how you do it

tlongII
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Lakers in 5 - If Bynum is playing they have way too much size inside for the Thunder.

Spurs in 7 - I think this group has one last "hurrah" and this is the round they do it. Should be the closest of the Western Conference Series.

Blazers in 6 - Portland's frontcourt will prove too much for Phoenix to handle.

Utah in 6 - The Jazz take a tough, physical series against the Nuggets.

supervietnamlakers
04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
i think lakers wins 5 games. thunder is young team and no experience. lakers have better talent. no big deal.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
04-16-2010, 10:50 AM
MAVS will literally fuck SPURS

dtown boogie will beat that north mexico ass.

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Jazz
Lakers
Spurs
Suns

BlackSwordsMan
04-16-2010, 12:39 PM
predictions for the east?