PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain the timing of 2nd amendment marches

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
OK, as stupid as some of these demonstrations are going to be (standing across the river from DC and I guess waving one's guns), I can understand the motivation behind the Second Amendment march.

What I don't understand is the date. Did these guys go out of their way to schedule this on Monday, April 19? Do they really want to be seen as commemorating this double anniversary?

Stringer_Bell
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
OKC bombing.
Waco fire.

Big deal. We can't just bite our tongues while the government tramples all over the Constitution. It's not an armed march, either. We also have strict guidelines when speaking to the press, meaning we won't let you play "gotcha!" with us. If you don't like our right to bear arms, come and take them from us!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/canada/52188-things-americans-should-know-before-moving-1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

DarkReign
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
OKC bombing.
Waco fire.

Big deal. We can't just bite our tongues while the government tramples all over the Constitution. It's not an armed march, either. We also have strict guidelines when speaking to the press, meaning we won't let you play "gotcha!" with us. If you don't like our right to bear arms, come and take them from us!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/canada/52188-things-americans-should-know-before-moving-1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

Whoa, am I the only who didnt expect that kind of response? So obviously youre apart of the rally.

boutons_deux
04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
"the government tramples all over the Constitution"

You Lie

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Whoa, am I the only who didnt expect that kind of response? So obviously youre apart of the rally.I think that was a setup for the picture.

Stringer_Bell
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I think that was a setup for the picture.

What Chump said. Except I was serious about it being an unarmed march, I do a little research from time to time. :downspin:

But really, am I really losing my touch? :depressed

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 07:58 PM
What Chump said.

Am I really losing my touch? :depressedIn a sense, it means you are getting better.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
:lol

TeyshaBlue
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
"the government tramples all over the Constitution"

You Lie

Right over your head.........

again.....:lol

TeyshaBlue
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Seems like a very poor choice of anniversaries to march on. Bizarre.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Blame Matt Groening.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Blame Matt Groening.Why blame him?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Why blame him?

Why not?

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Why not?Because there is no reason to do so.

I would blame the organizers of the event.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I would blame the organizers of the event.

Tell us more.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Tell us more.Certainly.

It's not the best of ideas to commemorate events surrounding child rapist cult leaders and domestic terrorists.

And that has nothing to do with The Tracey Ullman Show.

Does that clear it up for you?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Certainly.

It's not the best of ideas to commemorate events surrounding child rapist cult leaders and domestic terrorists.

And that has nothing to do with The Tracey Ullman Show.

Does that clear it up for you?

Why did they choose this day?

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Why did they choose this day?That is what this thread is about.

Do you understand that?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
That is what this thread is about.

Do you understand that?

Sorry I didn't see it before. FAIL THREAD

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Sorry I didn't see it before.So you failed to see it.

FAIL THREADWhy do you say that?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Why do you say that?

'crickets'

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
'crickets'You posted in it seven times, and probably will again.

And while I would be interested to read a serious rationale for the timing from someone on the right, I'm not sure I'm going to get one. Their silence is a response in itself.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
You posted in it seven times, and probably will again.

And while I would be interested to read a serious rationale for the timing from someone on the right, I'm not sure I'm going to get one. Their silence is a response in itself.

I'll wait with you.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
I'll wait with you.So you are interested in reading an explanation.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
So you are interested in reading an explanation.

No doubt. Someone will weigh in soon.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Not sure about that.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 10:57 PM
"bump"

EmptyMan
04-15-2010, 10:58 PM
oh snap, I did not know ChumpDumper was Rachel Maddow.

ITT: We enjoy painting all non-liberal big government loving americants as domestic terrorists nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
oh snap, I did not know ChumpDumper was Rachel Maddow.I'm not.

ITT: We enjoy painting all non-liberal big government loving americants as domestic terrorists nom nom nom nom nom nom nomI'm not.

I do have to say it is interesting that they and you seem all too willing to cast their lot with said terrorists -- going so far as to hold a pro-gun rally on the anniversary of the most deadly domestic terrorist attack in American history.

Do you have an explanation regarding the date of this particular protest, or are you just going to try to change the subject to me again?

There are 365 days in this year. Why did they choose this one?

Thanks in advance.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not.

I'm not.

I do have to say it is interesting that they and you seem all too willing to cast their lot with said terrorists -- going so far as to hold a pro-gun rally on the anniversary of the most deadly domestic terror attack in American history.

Do you have an explanation regarding the date of this particular protest, or are you just going to try to change the subject to me again?

There are 365 days in this year. Why did they choose this one?

Thanks in advance.

Only 365 days in the year. WTF. There has to be a reason. Mae West was sentenced for an obscene stage performance to ten days in a work house and fined $500 on this day. Just a day but there has to be a reason.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Only 365 days in the year. WTF. There has to be a reason. Mae West was sentenced for an obscene stage performance to ten days in a work house and fined $500 on this day. Just a day but there has to be a reason.It's not my fault folks notice anniversaries.

Do you tell your wife your anniversary is just a day and do nothing for her?

Of all the 365 available days, was April 19 the absolute best available day?

I'm not even a fan of a further expansion of gun laws. I'm simply saying it's a very stupid day to have this kind of demonstration. I have seen no positive reason to have the demonstration on this day.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
It's not my fault folks notice anniversaries.

Do you tell your wife your anniversary is just a day and do nothing for her?

Of all the 365 available days, was April 19 the absolute best available day?

I'm not even a fan of a further expansion of gun laws. I'm simply saying it's a very stupid day to have this kind of demonstration. I have seen no positive reason to have the demonstration on this day.

Folks notice alot of anniversaries. You certainly do. It's another day.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Folks notice alot of anniversaries.Precisely my point. Good for you for finally getting it. :tu

Why have the demonstration on this anniversary?

Blake
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Folks notice alot of anniversaries. You certainly do. It's another day.

Folks notice bad troll jobs. This is another one of them.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Folks notice bad troll jobs. This is another one of them.Well, he didn't say anything about gays yet. You have to give him that.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Precisely my point. Good for you for finally getting it. :tu

Why have the demonstration on this anniversary?

It's another day. We all have bad days. Why is this day important to you?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Folks notice bad troll jobs. This is another one of them.

I'm not a troll.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
It's another day. We all have bad days. Why is this day important to you?Why is it important to the organizers of this group?

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Why is it important to the organizers of this group?

Hopefully for you, we can find out.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Hopefully for you, we can find out.Why are you hopeful? I just had some time to kill before going out. It's pretty much going as I expected.

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not a troll.

keep telling yourself that, jack. one day your wishes may come true.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Why are you hopeful?

For you, fool. You never start a thread.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
keep telling yourself that, jack. one day your wishes may come true.

okie dokkie doggie daddy

ChumpDumper
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
For you, fool.Why hopeful?
You never start a thread.Sure I do. Just not often. I didn't see a thread about this event, so I started one. As I said, it's going as expected.

Blake
04-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not a troll.

I didn't say you were.

I'm saying this is a bad troll job on your part.

okie dokkie doggie daddy

I didn't need more proof, but thanks any way.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I didn't say you were.

I didn't say you did idiot

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
okie dokkie doggie daddy

wow, you just can't help being a moron. it's no longer funny; i'm scared for you.

jack sommerset
04-15-2010, 11:54 PM
wow, you just can't help being a moron. it's no longer funny; i'm scared for you.

boo! Dumbass.

Blake
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I didn't say you did idiot

is it common for you to randomly blurt out "I'm not a troll"

jack sommerset
04-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Spews lose in 5

Wrong forum. Double post!

Blake
04-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Spews lose in 5

I'm saying this is a bad troll job on your part.

I didn't need more proof, but thanks any way.

Stringer_Bell
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Spews lose in 5

You HAD to go there, didn't you? YER OUTTA LINE MAN!!!

Also, I heard someone on CNN ask "if Blacks and Hispanics are the ones most affected by this shitty economy and stuff, then why are there so many angry white people?"

So, white people, why are you so mad that you want everyone to know you have guns?

ElNono
04-16-2010, 01:01 AM
But wouldn't the march trample other's people first amendment rights? Isn't there something about peaceably assembling, and couldn't that be construed as peace and quiet?

/sarcasm, you know who you are...

Winehole23
04-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Not only is April 19 a bad choice, it's about the worst possible choice available... unless the GOP is getting worried about losing the fringy, White Identity/militia vote. Are things really that bad for the GOP?

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Not only is April 19 a bad choice, it's about the worst possible choice available... unless the GOP is getting worried about losing the fringy, White Identity/militia vote. Are things really that bad for the GOP?

I don't know that it has to do with the GOP beyond their being the party favored by gun buyers. The real suspects are the NRA/gun lobbies.

Whether their metrics show that their huntsman revenue is steady enough to focus on secondary markets (aka gun show wingnuts), or whether the wingnuts are becoming the predominant private consumer force for their products, this march -- on this day -- could very easily be seen as a marketing effort to capitalize on 2nd amendment-related paranoia as it manifests at gun shows (militia movements, survivalists, minutemen, etc) and sell the shit out of some rifles during a very bad economic period.

Winehole23
04-16-2010, 02:54 AM
No shit...

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 02:56 AM
No shit...

Sorry if it was obvious... I didn't see anything in the thread focusing on the market side of things, just political motives.

EDIT-------------

Here's (http://www.vpc.org/studies/lessonsunlearned.pdf) an interesting (if irritatingly formatted) read from the Violence Policy Center about the issue.

Winehole23
04-16-2010, 03:23 AM
It makes sense to me now. It just hadn't occurred to me.

Winehole23
04-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Slightly unrelated: http://www.dukas.org/page4.html

Winehole23
04-16-2010, 03:31 AM
http://www.dukas.org/img/LtCWAshfordHR1887.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
04-16-2010, 06:45 AM
This thread needs a youtube video..

admiralsnackbar
04-16-2010, 07:23 AM

Not to worry. I'm sure the Spurstalk AV department will arrive shortly.

DarrinS
04-16-2010, 08:12 AM

I wonder if MSNBC will film a black man with a gun, edit out his race, and then call all the marchers dangerous racists?

UYKQJ4-N7LI

George Gervin's Afro
04-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I wonder if MSNBC will film a black man with a gun, edit out his race, and then call all the marchers dangerous racists?

UYKQJ4-N7LI

paranoia will destroy ya...

TeyshaBlue
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
You posted in it seven times, and probably will again.

You are assuming there is a serious rationale.

DarrinS
04-16-2010, 09:44 AM
(In classic ChumpDumpster style)

Why do you think they chose the date?

DarkReign
04-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I think that was a setup for the picture.

What Chump said. Except I was serious about it being an unarmed march, I do a little research from time to time. :downspin:

But really, am I really losing my touch? :depressed

No, it means you done fooled me. Nice touch.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2010, 01:41 PM
(In classic ChumpDumpster style)

Why do you think they chose the date?Gee Darrin, what gave me away?

The title of the thread?

I can't help but notice you didn't have the balls to try and answer and instead posted a butthurt YouTube--

--in classic DarrinS style.

Wild Cobra
04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Well, what I noticed the most of this thread is Dan trying to say it's wrong to have the march on such an anniversary. I will not pretend to know why the day was chosen, but Waco was a disaster. They may have had some illegal weapons, but was there any real reason to kill them?

I am firm second amendment believer. I choose to believe it is saying the government is wrong to kill people and their families because they have weapons.

Remind me...

Did the people at Waco commit any crimes with the weapons they protected themselves with, or was the only crime having some unregistered, maybe illegal weapons, or which they may have been set up to buy?

Wild Cobra
04-18-2010, 02:21 PM

UYKQJ4-N7LI
No, they would never lie about a thing like that, says one blind liberal lemming to another.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, what I noticed the most of this thread is Dan trying to say it's wrong to have the march on such an anniversary. I will not pretend to know why the day was chosen, but Waco was a disaster. They may have had some illegal weapons, but was there any real reason to kill them?Was there any reason for the Davidians to do anything but cooperate with a raid they knew was going to take place?

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, In was talking with shelshor about this yesterday, and he pointed out a couple more anniversaries on this date: The "shot heard round the world" and FDR's taking the US off the gold standard.

burntorange
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Start of American Revolution? That's why OKC happened on April 19, IIRC.

That's almost surely the answer.

jack sommerset
04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Blame the Simpsons.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Start of American Revolution? That's why OKC happened on April 19, IIRC.

That's almost surely the answer.That and Waco. McVeigh was deeply affected by the Branch Davidian incident.

Wild Cobra
04-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Was there any reason for the Davidians to do anything but cooperate with a raid they knew was going to take place?
I couldn't answer that for sure, but the fact there was no reason to go in like the ATF did leads me to believe they planned to take them out anyway, and maybe they knew it and decided to stand for their rights.

Please. What was a serious enough crime to go in with such force? Did we declare war with them or something?

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I couldn't answer that for sure, but the fact there was no reason to go in like the ATF did leads me to believe they planned to take them out anyway, and maybe they knew it and decided to stand for their rights.:lol You think it's standard operating procedure to just start shooting up a place.

You're an idiot.

Please. What was a serious enough crime to go in with such force? Did we declare war with them or something?Did they go in initially with such force? You are making yourself look completely ignorant with your assumptions.

These guys were breaking the law. That's just dandy with you.

Wild Cobra
04-18-2010, 03:37 PM
These guys were breaking the law. That's just dandy with you.
They were set up by law enforcement, weren't they?

I have seen some real disturbing things about how the ATF did things. Sorry, I myself, cannot think it was nothing but an unnecessary show of force.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
They were set up by law enforcement, weren't they?No. Get back to me when you catch a clue.

I have seen some real disturbing things about how the ATF did things. Sorry, I myself, cannot think it was nothing but an unnecessary show of force.Your bias will prevent you from thinking anything else.

If I knew the ATF was coming to serve a warrant at my place. I wouldn't barricade myself inside with children and automatic weapons. I can believe you want to cast your lot with criminal cult idiots. You cannot do anything else.

I will state that the end of the siege was an unnecessary show of force by the FBI, but once you start killing feds, things are not going to end well for you anyway. So just give the fuck up.

Stringer_Bell
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
They were set up by law enforcement, weren't they?

I have seen some real disturbing things about how the ATF did things. Sorry, I myself, cannot think it was nothing but an unnecessary show of force.

Are you questioning the official story? That's real interesting, cuz we got a name for people like you...truther! :p:

C'mon, we've all seen and heard disturbing stuff about 9/11...but no one with half a brain will question events under a Republican President. That'd be wrong.

Winehole23
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
It's considered disloyalty to the tribe to criticize its abuses of power in public. It's much easier to blame everything on the satanic Democrats.

Wild Cobra
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Are you questioning the official story? That's real interesting, cuz we got a name for people like you...truther! :p:

C'mon, we've all seen and heard disturbing stuff about 9/11...but no one with half a brain will question events under a Republican President. That'd be wrong.
I don't pretend to know all the truth. Just that the feds were o0verkill on the situation. Because of that, I have an open mind to someone abusing their power.