PDA

View Full Version : *----Matt Bonner Playoff Watch 2010----*

Creation88
04-16-2010, 09:22 AM
last year Booner disappeared in the Playoffs and Wednesday he looked like he started his playoff vacation early, so here's the thread to track the man's contribution to the team and the Playoff run.

i'm gonna go ahead and take note of every PT he gives up on defense. lets see if his +/- is positive or negative.

just to note, i hope he comes to play.

nkdlunch
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
good thread. I say if Bonner misses 3 straight open shots, sit his ass down till the next quarter

Fabbs
04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
i'm gonna go ahead and take note of every PT he gives up on defense. lets see if his +/- is positive or negative.
excellent

5in10
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm hoping he finally has enough playoff experience to the point of him not nutting up when his number is called.

dbestpro
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Bonner and Mason are both playing for their checks next season. If they are with the Spurs or not, a bad playoff will mean a significantly lower check next season.

rayray2k8
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Bonner will fail. As well as Mason.

Muser
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Be sweet as fuck if Bonner can perform, not holding out too much hope though.

jimo2305
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
i have more confidence in bonner than i do mason..

NFO
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
good thread. I say if Bonner misses 3 straight open shots, sit his ass down till the next quarter

Assuming Bonner takes only 3 open shots a quarter and misses them all that is 12 shots a game.

If the Spurs are counting on Matt Bonner for 12 shots a game they are in big trouble.

If Bonner has a good shooting day he does space the floor out well for Tim down low and for RJ, Manu and TP to drive the lane. However if Bonner has an 0-4, 1-7 type day it will only make the Spurs work that much harder to get a "W".

Höfner
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and take note of every PT he gives up on defense.

We'll all be waiting for your biased numbers over official NBA statisticians.

Creation88
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
We'll all be waiting for your biased numbers over official NBA statisticians.

do you wanna do the same thing and compare?

Höfner
04-16-2010, 01:13 PM
do you wanna do the same thing and compare?

I'll let the statisticians do their jobs.

nbaman99
04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I really think its a good thing he got to play in Dallas 3 days before playoffs, even tho he missed every shot, at least now he knows what to do and its like a practice run for him. He will be ready for sure.
looking in this season, there are many times Bonner showed up for the spurs in a big way.

Fabbs
04-16-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll let the statisticians do their jobs.
except the statisticians do not publish how many points Bonner gives up to the specific player(s) he is guarding.

So STFU and let Creation88s excellent offer to take note of such go on uninterrupted.

Höfner
04-16-2010, 01:41 PM
+/- keeps track of all players' points on the court

Fabbs
04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
+/- keeps track of all players' points on the court
That is what the team as a whole does while player is on the court.
Does not say what Bonner vs individual he is guarding does.

ElNono
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I'll put $20 that he will be a failure. To be effective he needs to be knocking down threes at a near 50% rate, considering what he ends up giving up on the other end in the form of soft defense and lack of rebounding. This could actually turn ugly if Pop tightens his big rotation and prioritizes Bonner minutes over Blair, especially after DeJuan's last outing...
Definitely a player to watch. In all honesty, I have higher hopes on Matt showing up than Mason. Matt actually tries hard, even if he's severely limited talent-wise.

Muser
04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
His running Hook will really help IMO, he needs to do it more often. Looks ugly as shit but it goes in.

MADTOBY
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
bonner is going to suck

rayray2k8
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
His running Hook will really help IMO, he needs to do it more often. Looks ugly as shit but it goes in.

:pctoss Fuck that! The regular season is over!

Höfner
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
That is what the team as a whole does while player is on the court.
Does not say what Bonner vs individual he is guarding does.

I'm sure there's a metric somewhere that can be used instead of counting points and possessions on your fingers and toes

sa_butta
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
In order for us to get deep into the playoffs either Bonner or Mason are going to have to knock down the open look 3's.

I do like the fact that Bonner has been a bit more aggressive this season with faking the 3 and going to basket, but I am less than pleased with him on D.

Creation88
04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm sure there's a metric somewhere that can be used instead of counting points and possessions on your fingers and toes

then find it.

Höfner
04-16-2010, 06:23 PM
then find it.

No, I think I'll let you and Fabbs play your games.

Höfner
04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
It will truly be a marvel if you can accurately discern between the times Bonner is actually being scored on as opposed to the system allowing a score since even the most experienced NBA minds have trouble figuring Pop's tactics - and especially when you'll have no past history to use concerning matchups until after Game 1, minimum (and no real feel on when/where the help is being situated until 3-4 games into the series).

I'm sure everyone on this forum just can't wait to see you calling a bunch of points scored on Bonner because he forced Dirk to the help or didn't alter a shot enough after some other Spur lets his man past him on D. Yeah, those will be things we all needed your "stat-keeping" AKA opining.

ElNono
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
It will truly be a marvel if you can accurately discern between the times Bonner is actually being scored on as opposed to the system allowing a score since even the most experienced NBA minds have trouble figuring Pop's tactics - and especially when you'll have no past history to use concerning matchups until after Game 1, minimum (and no real feel on when/where the help is being situated until 3-4 games into the series).

I'm sure everyone on this forum just can't wait to see you calling a bunch of points scored on Bonner because he forced Dirk to the help or didn't alter a shot enough after some other Spur lets his man past him on D. Yeah, those will be things we all needed your "stat-keeping" AKA opining.

If that's your premise, then testing it will be really simple. We'll see how many Dirk puts on a guy like McDyess, who has been in Pop's system for only one season, and how many he drops on Bonner, a guy that has been on Pop's system for 3 seasons. Under your premise, Bonner should do substantially better.
Pop's system can be complicated, but I've yet to see an actual NBA player that hasn't picked it up after a couple of seasons.

spursrocks
04-16-2010, 08:40 PM
if bonner cant shoot the 3s, he should at least make some of his new baby hook shots. hehe

Cane
04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Now that Bonner is no longer a starter I think he'll do well especially since imo he's been having his best season and has expanded his game.

This is a much healthier and better team than the one that faced the Mavs last year in that first round exit; it should make things easier for Bonner and he'll be open more.

superjames1992
04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
In order for us to get deep into the playoffs either Bonner or Mason are going to have to knock down the open look 3's.

I do like the fact that Bonner has been a bit more aggressive this season with faking the 3 and going to basket, but I am less than pleased with him on D.

He's the third-best defensive big we have, so while he's an average defender, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. That said, the fact that he's the third-best defensive big on this team probably indicates that the Spurs aren't exactly intimidating defensively in the frontcourt anymore.

TD 21
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Even though he's clearly completely overwhelmed in big games/moments and against quality teams in general, shouldn't he be long overdue to shoot well, at least one time in this scenario? The guy is a 40% three point shooter, after all. Law of averages should come into effect.

Spursmania
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
If past results are indicative of how he will play in the PO again, then we are looking at another pure fail...

Spursmania
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Even though he's clearly completely overwhelmed in big games/moments and against quality teams in general, shouldn't he be long overdue to shoot well, at least one time in this scenario? The guy is a 40% three point shooter, after all. Law of averages should come into effect.

Yeah, he'll shoot well, when it doesn't matter -like it's a blow-out or something in at least one game. But once the less than 5 minutes ticker hits in the 4th and it's a close game, he'll miss everything.

Pop should know we shouldn't be depending on the Matties of the team to bring this home. The last 5 minutes should always be Manu and Timmy and Tony time.

It's not Matt's fault-he just doesn't have it in him and we all know that. Hopefully he can hit some shots that will help in the play-offs.

superjames1992
04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
You all do realize that Matt has hit some key shots in big moments for us this year? Or do you all just want to have selective memory? Heck, he's probably had more clutch shots than injured Tony Parker has had this year. I remember in one game this year he hit two buzzer-beaters at the end of quarters.

TD 21
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
End of quarter buzzer beaters? That's not pressure. Watch this guy in big games/moments or against quality opposition in general. He shoots awful and it kills the Spurs every time, yet Pop never learns his lesson. The Spurs are already worse defensively and especially on the boards with him in, he can't also be a liability offensively.

Creation88
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
went to the game. counted the Bonner mistakes. Bonner scored 5 gave up 11. currently he's -6 in this series.

Mavs fans were literally laughing when he tried to guard Dirk. for the most part i didn't think Bonner's defense was too terrible. maybe a 6.5 out of 10 but he still couldn't make a fucking wide open 3 ptr.

cherylsteele
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
His D was pretty good, Dirk made some wild shots and Bonner contested them for the most part rather well, and git the foul called against him because he invaded Dirk's "space". I think the problem may have been, along with the rest of the majority of the Spurs, they got in early foul trouble which took them out of their game.

Besides he did hit 1-2 from three pt range, it was not like he missed a boatload of 3's like you implied creation88, he only took 2.

KuntryDude
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Keith Bogans is getting a pass. Now that's who REALLY sucks ass! Oh yeah, Bonner will again let all Spurs fan down. The off-the-mark 3pt misses by Bonner/Mason almost always result in noncontested fast break points. I'm mean who's back to defend fb pts? Bonner/Mason.

nkdlunch
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
His D was pretty good, Dirk made some wild shots and Bonner contested them for the most part rather well, and git the foul called against him because he invaded Dirk's "space". I think the problem may have been, along with the rest of the majority of the Spurs, they got in early foul trouble which took them out of their game.

Besides he did hit 1-2 from three pt range, it was not like he missed a boatload of 3's like you implied creation88, he only took 2.

It's not pretty good D when your feet don't leave the ground to contest a shot.

superjames1992
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
went to the game. counted the Bonner mistakes. Bonner scored 5 gave up 11. currently he's -6 in this series.

Mavs fans were literally laughing when he tried to guard Dirk. for the most part i didn't think Bonner's defense was too terrible. maybe a 6.5 out of 10 but he still couldn't make a fucking wide open 3 ptr.

He guarded Dirk most of the time. Almost anyone in the league guarding Dirk is going to let him score more points than they score. Even Duncan.

I'll give Matt a C last night. He hit a couple shots and played okay defense (Dirk was just unstoppable, no matter how guarded him), but it still wasn't what we need out of him.

Creation88
04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
every shot Bonner threw up there but 1 was NOT contested...wide open.

HankChinaski
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I thought Bonner played well enough. He just doesn't have the length to stretch out and really contest that turn around shot of Dirks. Let Barkley and the rest of the haters say what they want, the only real setback we had with him last night was his shooting. Aside from that he didn't get burnt by Dirk causing easy layups or dunks, Dirk just was hitting his jumper lights out last night.

Honestly the defense last night looked good. Outside from Dirk you have Butler scoring the big in double figures. Terry wasn't a factor (that usually eats us up I might add) We took a lot of their guys out of the game offensively I thought. Transition D looked good, didn't see too many easy buckets from that.

I'm curious as to how they are going to tweak it and also curious about the roster rotation coming into game 2. We are sadly going to see Mason early on in the first half and if he stinks it up he is going to see the bench the rest of the night leaving more minutes for Parker and possibly Temple in his first playoff game.

The big things the staff is going to be telling these guys is better rebounding, better ball control. I also expect to see some defense switches/adjustments on butler and some offensive adjustments with rotating the ball around in the half court set.

I still see Bonner getting the minutes, he's no show stopper but he gets the job done acceptably. I don't think he'll receive more minutes though.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Role players aren't useful if they can't fulfill their roles. Bonner is a three point shooting role player. The fact that he's the first big off the bench is not his fault. The fact that he's being asked to do something everyone and their mother knows he can't do isn't his fault. But HE HAS TO KNOCK DOWN HIS SHOTS.

But Bonner first big off the bench, and Bogans first non-big off the bench last night told me how the night was likely to go. When Pop runs home to momma, it's ugly.

superjames1992
04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Role players aren't useful if they can't fulfill their roles. Bonner is a three point shooting role player. The fact that he's the first big off the bench is not his fault. The fact that he's being asked to do something everyone and their mother knows he can't do isn't his fault. But HE HAS TO KNOCK DOWN HIS SHOTS.

But Bonner first big off the bench, and Bogans first non-big off the bench last night told me how the night was likely to go. When Pop runs home to momma, it's ugly.

What other options do we have? If Bonner doesn't come off the bench first, it's either Blair or Ian, who certainly wouldn't match up well with Dirk. It's not like we're loaded with NBA-quality bigs.

Sisk
04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
every shot Bonner threw up there but 1 was NOT contested...wide open.

huh?

in2deep
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
with the talent that Bonner has shootingwise, it's unforgivable he misses multiple wide open shots. He is plain old choking it up in the playoffs. But then again, so is Mason and Jefferson

HankChinaski
04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
he means, the man had uncontested shots that clanked. He's crying choke job. The man skeet'd too early in the locker room and couldn't nut up cum game time.

HankChinaski
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
If he could have dropped that baby hook of his.

that would have been nice.

Liked the effort, but I agree with everyone the shooting needs to be there next game.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
What other options do we have? If Bonner doesn't come off the bench first, it's either Blair or Ian, who certainly wouldn't match up well with Dirk. It's not like we're loaded with NBA-quality bigs.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the Spurs didn't wake up yesterday morning and suddenly have that problem. If the Spurs had an actual center, like, I don't know, Theo Ratliff to back up McDyess, Duncan could defend Dirk for stretches and you could save Bonner for shooting three pointers when the matchup becomes favorable to your team.

HankChinaski
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
We never had a 7ft Center like Theo on our team! I'm calling delusional shenanigans on you!

Creation88
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
+2 right now.

2 3s
-2 bad rotation away from DIRK
-2 layup right by him

8FOR!3
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll take the way Bonner is playing right now. Two big threes.

senorglory
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd like to see the statistical probability of a spurstalk-er giving Bonner a positive rating, regardless of Bonner's on-court performance. He hasn't been too popular around these parts.

Creation88
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
went to the game last night. Bonner was absolutely terrible last night. -12. dirk owned his ass and he couldn't hit an open fucking 3 to save his life.

evaporating in the playoffs like usual.

Creation88
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
so recap:
Game 1 -6
Game 2 +2
Game 3 -12

-16 so far

VBM
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
But he's spacing the floor really really well

superjames1992
04-24-2010, 12:14 PM
went to the game last night. Bonner was absolutely terrible last night. -12. dirk owned his ass and he couldn't hit an open fucking 3 to save his life.

evaporating in the playoffs like usual.

Do you actually expect Bonner to outscore Dirk? He's -16 against mostly Dirk so far and that's not bad. Dirk is a superstar. Bonner is a ROLE PLAYER.

Spursmania
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Once again, past performance is the best indicator of future performance.
No surprises regarding Bonner's inability to make open 3's when we need them in the playoffs.

jag
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I've always defended bonner because he works his ass off and i felt like fans were expecting too much out of him. And now i just feel dirty. It's really hard to watch him now, especially when the Mavs are out there taking turns on his ass. They're out there running a train on the guy. Marion is worthless unless he has Bonner guarding him, and Dirk finds it laughable that the guy is even seeing floor time against him. Not to mention, Bonner isn't even serving his purpose as a 3-point shooter anymore.

I don't care what he does from here on out. He belongs on the bench next to Mason.

itzsoweezee
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
dude is garbage. and you guys want to re-sign this loser?

itzsoweezee
04-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Do you actually expect Bonner to outscore Dirk? He's -16 against mostly Dirk so far and that's not bad. Dirk is a superstar. Bonner is a ROLE PLAYER.

what an astounding lack of logic, strawman

BackHome
04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
It's not pretty good D when your feet don't leave the ground to contest a shot.

So I guess you don't like Duncans D?

kaji157
04-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Bonner is just being criticised because there is no "spacing the floor" stat counter.

Bonner was 10 for 10 on spacinf the floor... for the Mavs.

Flux451
04-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Every team Spurs play like to gangbang Bonner.

EmptyMan
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Pop has no other option but to play Bonner. :bang

itzsoweezee
04-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Pop has no other option but to play Bonner. :bang

Pop choose the circumstances that made it this way. Blame Pop.

Thank god Finley bailed. I'm sure we would've have seen heavy doses of a washed up Finley had he stayed otherwise.

Popovich and his illogical man-love of scrubs will never cease to amaze me.

androck
04-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Matt Bonner is +3.28 so far in the playoffs in adjusted +/-. Parker, Hill, Bogans, and Mason are the only Spurs with a negative rating this year.

superjames1992
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Matt Bonner is +3.28 so far in the playoffs in adjusted +/-. Parker, Hill, Bogans, and Mason are the only Spurs with a negative rating this year.

Exactly. You can say what you want about his performance, but to say that Dallas has gone on huge runs against him is flat-out incorrect.

Hell, Bonner was +7 in game #1, when the Spurs lost by 6. Without him in there, the Spurs were outscored by 13.

BackHome
04-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Exactly. You can say what you want about his performance, but to say that Dallas has gone on huge runs against him is flat-out incorrect.

Hell, Bonner was +7 in game #1, when the Spurs lost by 6. Without him in there, the Spurs were outscored by 13.

Yeah, people just have to have someone to bitch and complain about the sad thing is that alot of posters in here sound and act alot like the Mavs fans.

Is Bonner a starting PF no but he is a decent player who can help us in certain game situations. Do you want or think that Blair could guard Dirk?

bigfan
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Id take Elson or Mohammed over Bonner any day of the week. Nice guy but sux in the playoffs.

ElNono
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I've always defended bonner because he works his ass off and i felt like fans were expecting too much out of him. And now i just feel dirty. It's really hard to watch him now, especially when the Mavs are out there taking turns on his ass. They're out there running a train on the guy. Marion is worthless unless he has Bonner guarding him, and Dirk finds it laughable that the guy is even seeing floor time against him. Not to mention, Bonner isn't even serving his purpose as a 3-point shooter anymore.

I don't care what he does from here on out. He belongs on the bench next to Mason.

Took you long enough... :lol

ElNono
04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I keep hoping he's got a breakout game left somewhere, like RJ in game two. The kind of game where we end up seeing 'Official apologize to Bonner' threads popping up left and right. Not holding my breath though...

rayray2k8
04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Bonner played like shit, but that charge on Dirk was pretty big.
But he still sucks. :lol

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Bonner played like shit, but that charge on Dirk was pretty big.
But he still sucks. :lol

The saving grace for all of us who would like to see him sit is that the "charge" he took was not a charge at all.

Creation88
04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
the +/- stat has MORE to do with the TEAM on the floor than this individual stat that i'm tracking. THIS stat is Bonner's individual performance. minus points for every PT he gives up and plus points for every one he scores.

my grandma can be out there with Parker, Manu, Tim, Hill and she could have a positive +/-

diego
04-24-2010, 09:23 PM
sometimes I wonder if bonner had dyed his hair black would he have stood out less and had an easier time... he clearly works hard, and in the regular season he shows that he has certain abilities... but in the PO they disappear, while his opponents generally make fun of him... the hair color thing sounds stupid but I think there's really something to that, not that it would help to dye his hair now. :lol

seriously though, the stats dont matter. he's gotten super clean looks and bricked them. he's capable of better, he just shrivels up in the PO. if the series ends tomorrow I wouldnt bring him back

rayray2k8
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
The saving grace for all of us who would like to see him sit is that the "charge" he took was not a charge at all.

And that's the funny thing about it! Bonner would never get that call! Not even from this mother! :lol

Creation88
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
not many minutes but -2. plus 2 wide open 3s he missed.

Spursmania
04-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Once again, past performance is the best indicator of future performance.
No surprises regarding Bonner's inability to make open 3's when we need them in the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2010, 09:50 PM
It's amazing that Matt Bonner, the king of +/-, has a negative number for this series..that speaks volumes..

greyforest
04-25-2010, 09:52 PM
this thread doesn't make sense, as bonner likes to disappear come playoff time

rayray2k8
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
-Matt Bonner be playing his way out of San Antonio. He didn't play in the second half after playing eight weak minutes in the first half. He missed both of his shots and didn't pull down a rebound. He's now 5-for-17 from the floor this series and has only nine rebounds in 62 minutes. Bonner's nervous play is close to proving the widely held theory that Bonner doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to play well in the playoffs.

LakerHater
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
i didnt read any of the other post but, please stop playing bonner!!!

ElNono
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
bump

Blair showed up last game... does he get Matty's minutes?

Borosai
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Alright. Now we're at four close games. Game 5 will be a blowout. Bonner will have a great game...

I'll be right eventually.

Warlord23
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Short of hiring someone to kidnap Bonner and stash him somewhere till the playoffs are over, I am out of ideas on how to improve Bonner's contribution to the Spurs.

Everyone knew that Bonner wouldn't be able to hit a single shot in the 4th quarter of a pressure game on the road. But to brick every shot in the 2nd quarter at home when they're leaving him wide open is difficult to stomach.

Creation88
04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
so recap:
Game 1 -6
Game 2 +2
Game 3 -12
Game 4 -2

-18 so far

vander
04-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Bonner please, get your shit together, you have one, maybe two more games to show that you are capable of making an open 3 in the playoffs

this is your career man, if you don't come through and play like we all know you are able to in this Dallas series, you might never get another chance, Blair is stepping up, McDyess, RJ, Hill, everyone else is raising their game, while you fall apart...

stop over thinking it, stop fearing failure, just play your game and make that shot you've made thousands of times before...

:bang:bang:bang:bang

Creation88
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
2 3s when the game still counted
-4 on stupid fouls

+2 today .......when the game counted

ElNono
04-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Garbage... He was rushing shots today, and even threw an airball... He's still gonna play on game 6 to keep Dice fresh... :td

Spurminator
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Wide open three.... airball.

Smart foul on Dirk too to give the Mavs a four point possession.

Dude is useless.

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Bonner and Mason battling it out in a "Who's the greater dickless wonder?" grudge match.

Creation88
04-28-2010, 12:20 AM
damn completely forgot about that airball wide open 3. now i wanna take a rusty razor to my taint...

Spurs7794
04-28-2010, 07:24 AM
He played average this game. Hit two big threes (he and Parker are the only players who brought it early)...then he rushed one and airballed it. He did have 6 rebounds...some of which where he was fighting to get them. Overall, he was solid...he's getting unnecessarily bashed for that airball after he canned two threes.

Taco
04-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Bonner looks like he's running through pudding.

Borosai
04-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Bonner's gonna win game 6. Bam!

angelbelow
04-29-2010, 04:54 AM
well i predicted that he was gonna shake off his weak playoff image but so far i am wrong... come on bonner we need you!

04-29-2010, 05:01 AM
spurs REALLY need bonner's three point shooting. mason sucks, bogans sucks, finley is gone, hill shouldn't be the one hanging out at the 3 pt line, and ginobili has always been streaky. that only leaves bonner. spurs need him to spread the floor.

ElNono
04-29-2010, 11:45 PM
-2 tonight

And it's a wrap for this series. At least he can claim Mason is worse...

Creation88
04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
bonner was absolutely fucking terrible today. i almost kicked the lady in front of me. i was so frustrated i didn't even keep count.

superjames1992
04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Bonner was satisfactory tonight. He only scored 4 points, but he grabbed 7 rebounds in only 11 minutes, which is Blair-like.

He had a few issues, like the traveling call, but he was sufficient.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Someone talented with photoshop please make a milk carton "have you seen me" with Bonner's redheaded grill right on the carton, please.

Warlord23
04-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Bonner sucked hard this series. To be fair to him though, this was the worst possible matchup for him. Matching up vs Dirk or Marion was no fun at all.

However, this next series is a golden opportunity for Ginger. The Suns' backup bigs are either very soft (Frye) or talentless (Amundesn aka ponytailed faggot). Bonner should be able to stay with them on D and hopefully knock in a few big shots himself.

If he shits the bed vs Phoenix, he will basically prove that he brings zero playoff value for the Spurs.

Shastafarian
04-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Bonner was terrible. No defense and can't make an outside shot. What Pop should have done after Dirk got 4 was play Jefferson at the 4 and make him drive to the basket. Instead Pop puts Bonner and Bogans in. Two guys you don't have to worry about fouling. "Gee thanks" says Dirk.

Cane
04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Bonner was bad but I liked his crazy hook shots he made tonight.

Dirk abuses the shit out of him.

ElNono
04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Bonner was bad but I liked his crazy hook shots he made tonight.

Yeah... I was cracking up because he made those when we were up 20... you can count on him going MIA when the shit hits the fan...

superjames1992
04-30-2010, 12:00 AM

Dirk abuses the shit out of everyone, even Bowen. Dirk is a beast.

Cane
04-30-2010, 12:14 AM
True that

Blake
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Im betting bonner will be an X factor against the suns.

ElNono
04-30-2010, 12:18 AM

He better stay on Frye... he's hitting everything from outside against Portland...

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2010, 12:21 AM

Hopefully he'll be like Brent Barry in 05. Invisdible till he played the suns

slick'81
04-30-2010, 12:22 AM
lets hope mattyB shows up well need a little more bench scoring pop v the suns

Creation88
05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
gave up at -6. way to frustrating to watch.

DAF86
05-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Somebody tell Bonner to stop rushing his three point shots. They are leaving you all alone Matty, take your time. We need you to come alive.

rayray2k8
05-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Somebody tell Bonner to stop rushing his three point shots. They are leaving you all alone Matty, take your time. We need you to come alive.

:lmao

Might as well hope that Mason comes around as well, which ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
05-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Bonner has had innumerable chances to redeem himself. Probably more than any other Spurs player I've ever seen.

He's a weak player who lets us down every time. It was a sad day when he first put on a Spur uniform.

rayray2k8
05-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Bonner has had innumerable chances to redeem himself. Probably more than any other Spurs player I've ever seen.

He's a weak player who lets us down every time. It was a sad day when he first put on a Spur uniform.

Wow, even I think that's a bit cold. :lol

ElNono
05-04-2010, 01:25 AM
At this point I would rather play Dice until his legs fall off...

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 01:28 AM
I want the guy to succeed, I really do..he's losing time though..

Unfortunately, he's the only option..Pop isn't going with Ian, even though he can't be any worse..not happening..

Creation88
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
1 good block on richardson
owned by Amare

ShoogarBear
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Life would be so damn easy if either Bonner or Mason could hit 1-2 open 3s a game.

Scola
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
He gave Amare a 3 pt play,
committed an offensive foul,
Fouled Dudley because he couldn't grab the board. :(

Creation88
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
2 fouls in 20 secs

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Bonner is a worthless fucking faggot

Creation88
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
wide fucking open

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
this guy is fkn pathetic

RedRaider
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Wide open 3 point shots, THATS WHAT YOUR FUCKIN THERE FOR BONNER,

And he still can't make them...

scottspurs
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
If Bonner can get one three in this game that about all you can expect him to accomplish at this point.

4>0rings
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I want to punch the Bonner lovers on this board after all their shit they talked.

Manu20
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Matt Bonner should watch the playoffs on the couch like the rest of us:lol

SpursRulez4eVeR
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
i genuinely dislike him with my heart and soul

Shastafarian
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
His 3-PT% has dipped below 30%.

GOTTA SPREAD THE FLOOR

Creation88
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
i will seriously take a dump on his head given the opportunity

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
i will seriously take a dump on his head given the opportunity

I'd risk all the money I have to play him one on one to double my money if I could.

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
LOL watching Bonner try to get rebounds is literally one of the funniest things I've seen, he resembles a 6 year old girl running around in a play ground on the court.

Creation88
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
missed wide open 3 and then turns around and fry splooges in his face

Creation88
05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
-5 at least (too frustrating to watch)

ShoogarBear
05-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Matt Bonner makes me wish the Spurs had Steve Smith back.

Creation88
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
id take steve smith right now. seriously

Creation88
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
and where are the fuck tards saing Matt Bonner can space the floor? you can't fucking space the floor if you can't make a shot.

MannyIsGod
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I can't fucking be a fan of Matt Bonner any longer until he shows me something worthy of me cheering for him. He's trying but thats pretty much all that he's doing.

I can almost living with him missing (not really) but him leaving Fry open for yet another 3 has just fucking pissed me off to no end.

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Matt Bonner makes me wish the Spurs had Steve Smith back.

Watching Matt Bonner makes me want to jump off a roof.