PDA

View Full Version : Question bout nose bleed seats @AT&T center

Flux451
04-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I am planning on goin to my first Spurs game in SA and wanted feedback on the higher sections like 224 linedup with halfcourt. How difficult is it to see the game play? Any info will help me determine if I fork over for the 100 sections

thanks

Höfner
04-16-2010, 01:45 PM
the Spurs site has pics from seat locations

Ditty
04-16-2010, 01:45 PM
224 is a great section and sat pretty high also when i saw the nuggets earlier this year you can see great no problems

xellos88330
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Those are actually my favorite locations to sit.

The view believe it or not is actually pretty good. You have great visibility of the whole court and it is almost like watching the game from a broadcast view.

Dex
04-16-2010, 01:50 PM
The view is fine. Sight lines in the AT&T center are great, so most seats provide you a pretty decent view of the game, even the nosebleeds.

The biggest hassle about nosebleeds is getting up and down the stairs to get to your seat. I'm a tall, skinny guy, and it's still a pain in the butt. Having a beer vendor that comes by regularly helps a lot. It's also usually quieter in the upper decks, but I bet that won't be the case in playoff games against the Mavs.

ploto
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Do heights bother you?? The steep angle bothers some people who have issues with heights.

Flux451
04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
awesome, thank you guys/gals!

Flux451
04-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Do heights bother you?? The steep angle bothers some people who have issues with heights.

no. my girl might be bothered.

bigdog
04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
The view is awesome. I've sat from courtside all the way to the last row way up there, and the view is pretty damn good up there. I love sitting up there. It's more fun to sit up top, in my opinion.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Don't buy tix if u don't like heights!!!!!

koriwhat
04-16-2010, 02:55 PM
everywhere is good in the at&t center... there's really no bad seat unless you really are dying to sit close.

i've sat everywhere and to be honest i kind of prefer the top level unless of course i can sit almost floor level.

my favorite is up top or section 127 row 15? something like that.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Do heights bother you?? The steep angle bothers some people who have issues with heights.This.

The view is great, but those with vertigo need not apply.

dbestpro
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
The view is great, but the players look very, very, small.

spurs10
04-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I think you often find more hardcore fans in the balcony, as oppossed to corporate-friendofafriend-Idon'tgiveashitwhowinsbutmydadisrich- posers that I've sat next to courtside on a few ocassions...which is not to say all the courtside folks aren't real fans. Have a fantastic time and scream your ass off!!!!

gospursgojas
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
You can see pretty good from anywhere at the ATT. I like the nosebleeds. The biggest downside is Dirk cant hear you calling him a fag...

Oh yeah and, seriously???, don't stand up with your arms frailing when the coyote comes around with the tshirt cannon. It doesnt go that high

TimDunkem
04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I think you often find more hardcore fans in the balcony, as oppossed to corporate-friendofafriend-Idon'tgiveashitwhowinsbutmydadisrich- posers that I've sat next to courtside on a few ocassions...which is not to say all the courtside folks aren't real fans. Have a fantastic time and scream your ass off!!!!
Don't forget their ugly girlfriends who don't know who our coach is and insist on dressing like tramps in a strip bar.

Tp9gospursgo
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
There are no bad seats in the AT&T Center IMO since its such a small stadium.

ploto
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't forget their ugly girlfriends who don't know who our coach is and insist on dressing like tramps in a strip bar.

Sat next to a woman one play-off game who had never even heard of Tim Duncan and she lived in San Antonio!

tp2021
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
If you sit at midcourt its totally worth it. I don't care that I'm always in the nosebleeds, at midcourt I still think watching the game is fucking awesome.

baseline bum
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
The AT&T Center has great sightlines even from the very very back. It is wholly unlike Hemisfair Arena or the Alamodome.

spurs10
04-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah...them too. Again, don't forget to yell like hell and let Cuban's pony boy, lap dogs know how you feel about them!!! Boooooooooooooo....

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I've sat all the way up against the back wall for some games, and the view is fantastic. Really surprised me how good the sightlines were the first time I went there. If you're the type that enjoys watching plays develop, you'll appreciate the vantage point.

It is no-kidding steep, though--watch out for your girl.

baseline bum
04-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I've sat all the way up against the back wall for some games, and the view is fantastic. Really surprised me how good the sightlines were the first time I went there. If you're the type that enjoys watching plays develop, you'll appreciate the vantage point.

I completely agree. Sitting in the upper deck and watching players fight through screens and tracking how everyone moves off the ball is such an advantage (especially vs. TV where all they focus on is the ball).

It is no-kidding steep, though--watch out for your girl.

You should have seen Hemisfair. You practically needed a rope and carabiners to ascend those top rows. I used to freak out walking down those steep steps when I was a kid.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Everything that everybody already said.

the crimson blur
04-17-2010, 10:57 AM
You'll end up looking at the monitor more than the players on the court. Its definitely worth it for the atmosphere/experience though.

I'd check out the Spurs website for a preview of the view from your seat.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
04-17-2010, 11:00 AM
The ATT Center is very poorly planned. It is easily in the top 3 when discussing NBA arenas. You would be much better of and much, much safer watching the game at on TV. The ATT Center is located in a dangerous, gang infested area of San Antonio.