PDA

View Full Version : Gasol is hero to boy with Prosthetic Leg

PGDynasty24
04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Four-year-old Ezra Frech was born with a rare condition that caused his left arm and leg to form improperly, which hasn't stopped the boy from doggedly doing what he loves most, playing basketball.

But the boy who has inspired so many recently got the surprise of his life when he met his favorite player, L.A. Lakers' Pau Gasol.

Ezra Deals With Differences
With a prosthetic leg, Ezra learned early on how being different is no big deal.

"It was a limb issue," Ezra's mom, Bahar Soomekh, said of his condition. "When the chromosomes divided, one side, his left side, got misinformation so it didn't form like the right side."

There was also something else special about Ezra. He was happy as a baby, engaged in everything, a possible sign of what was to come....

Video LInk :http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/boys-nba-sized-dream-true/story?id=10392569

Very Touching Story

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
aaawwww!

I saw this story this morning before leaving to work...

what a nice kid, he looks like Gasol lol

very touching story

Ginobilly
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Pau Gasol is a class act outside of the basketball court much like our very own David Robinson and John Stockton.

BlackSwordsMan
04-16-2010, 03:10 PM
is bynum the little boy?

PGDynasty24
04-16-2010, 03:54 PM
is bynum the little boy?

ur a fucking asshole. Get a Life

in2deep
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
maybe that little boy can start at PG instead of Fisher

gm5k
04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
that was great. thanks OP :toast

TheProfessor
04-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Getting up in front of a classroom full of kids to talk about your disability at that age? That's incredible. Developing a nice bank shot as well.

Hooks
04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
:lol
is bynum the little boy?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Well done, BlackSwordsman. :lol

But that's a pretty cool of Pau.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Was the kid Asian?..

That would mean more to me, it would be a nice gesture from Pau given his shady history..

lurker
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
is bynum the little boy?
:lol That was my first reaction as well.

PGDynasty24
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
:lol That was my first reaction as well.

He had long hair and kind've looked like dirk. The ringless fingers were a total give off. That kid had no bling on his hand

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Are you making a "Dirk has no rings joke" there?..hmm, I see what you did there..

PGDynasty24
04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Are you making a "Dirk has no rings joke" there?..hmm, I see what you did there..

We spurs and Lakers fans may hate each other. But we have 1 common interest,a love for reminding the Mavericks fans where their place is :toast

rjv
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
i like gasol. seems like a real decent guy.

TheManFromAcme
04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Class act that Pau is.

Let's all think twice next time about the little things that makes us whine and complain.

cobbler
04-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Was the kid Asian?..

That would mean more to me, it would be a nice gesture from Pau given his shady history..

Leave it to you to take a heart warming story about an incredible kid and his dreams being fulfilled and make it about your obsessions.

A real piece of work you are. Pathetic!

The man on the moral high horse showing his true colors yet again.

milkshakeballa
04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Was the kid Asian?..

no need for trollin brah...not cool

pau is a real good dude

mom sure isnt hard to look at either

and wow that kid is going to do some realyl big things in his life...is there any doubt?

ChrisRichards
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Leave it to you to take a heart warming story about an incredible kid and his dreams being fulfilled and make it about your obsessions.

A real piece of work you are. Pathetic!

The man on the moral high horse showing his true colors yet again.

38%>47%

Regular Season Stats>Playoff stats

-Cobbler 03/12/10

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
38%>47%

-Cobbler 03/12/10

Here's the obvious verdict there:

Ariza: better shooter off the catch
Artest: better shooter off the dribble

Ariza is a better fit for LA's offense because the SF plays off ball more and Kobe can find spot up shooters on the perimeter.

milkshakeballa
04-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Here's the obvious verdict there:

Ariza: better shooter off the catch
Artest: better shooter off the dribble

Ariza is a better fit for LA's offense because the SF plays off ball more and Kobe can find spot up shooters on the perimeter.

Here is the obvious verdict:

artest/ariza isn't to be judged until the end of the playoffs...period...

cobbler
04-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Actually the obvious verdict is....

38%>47%

I completely fabricated this quote because I got completely owned and am an ignorant piece of shit that not only is obsessed, but obsessed to the point that I use several screen names to repeat the same ole BS day after day after day. ChrisRichards 03/12/10

RsxPiimp
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Problem with Artest is he's starting to shoot pretty bad at the worst time, while Ariza got hot on the right time. I honestly dont think Artest will magically start shooting better in the playoffs too. He's a 40% career shooter, if anything, his 40% shooting beyond the arc for the 1st half of the season was an abberation and the laws of averages are proving that.

ChrisRichards
04-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Actually the obvious verdict is....

38%>47%

I completely fabricated this quote because I got completely owned and am an ignorant piece of shit that not only is obsessed, but obsessed to the point that I use several screen names to repeat the same ole BS day after day after day. ChrisRichards 03/12/10

I dare you to post a link of that thread and people will find out :hat

TheManFromAcme
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
It's obvious that the spotlight of this thread was/is for the little boy-hero.
Can we just all take this piece for what it's worth and leave it at that?

Dang guys.

cobbler
04-17-2010, 12:38 PM
It's obvious that the spotlight of this thread was/is for the little boy-hero.
Can we just all take this piece for what it's worth and leave it at that?

Dang guys.

No shit! Excalty why i posted what I did. Harlem takes an incredible story about a remarkable kid and makes it about his friggen obsessions and then of course changes ID's and makes it about his made up lies. It's all bullshit and shows the true character of the man. Well, lack of character that is. Harlem/ChrisR/Miami is a waste of human flesh.

ChrisR was totally owned and resorted to lies and still cannot get over it. I will respond everytime when being "quoted" with words I never used by anyone. Especailly that piece of shit.

LakeShow
04-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Four-year-old Ezra Frech was born with a rare condition that caused his left arm and leg to form improperly, which hasn't stopped the boy from doggedly doing what he loves most, playing basketball.

But the boy who has inspired so many recently got the surprise of his life when he met his favorite player, L.A. Lakers' Pau Gasol.

Ezra Deals With Differences
With a prosthetic leg, Ezra learned early on how being different is no big deal.

"It was a limb issue," Ezra's mom, Bahar Soomekh, said of his condition. "When the chromosomes divided, one side, his left side, got misinformation so it didn't form like the right side."

There was also something else special about Ezra. He was happy as a baby, engaged in everything, a possible sign of what was to come....

Video LInk :http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/boys-nba-sized-dream-true/story?id=10392569

Very Touching Story

Nice. :toast

DJB
04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
maybe that little boy can start at PG instead of Fisher

:tu

ChrisRichards
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
No shit! Excalty why i posted what I did. Harlem takes an incredible story about a remarkable kid and makes it about his friggen obsessions and then of course changes ID's and makes it about his made up lies. It's all bullshit and shows the true character of the man. Well, lack of character that is. Harlem/ChrisR/Miami is a waste of human flesh.

ChrisR was totally owned and resorted to lies and still cannot get over it. I will respond everytime when being "quoted" with words I never used by anyone. Especailly that piece of shit.

How the hell am I owned? You said regardless of how good Ariza shot for the playoffs Lakers last year, Artest with the Lakers this year owns him. I presented the fact that Ariza shot 47% beyond the line in the playoffs, and to counter that you implied Artest and his 38% regular season 3FG at that time was better. I asked you the same question and you being the little bitch you are insisted your fallacy.

You're an idiot who can't accept a fact, thus your famous logic is forever part of whatever little internet persona you have.

38%>47%

Regular Season stats>Playoff Stats

Cobbler-03/12/10

cobbler
04-18-2010, 01:17 AM
How the hell am I owned? You said regardless of how good Ariza shot for the playoffs Lakers last year, Artest with the Lakers this year owns him.

Show me where i said that. Your are lying again as usual.

I presented the fact that Ariza shot 47% beyond the line in the playoffs, and to counter that you implied Artest and his 38% regular season 3FG at that time was better. I asked you the same question and you being the little bitch you are insisted your fallacy.

I never implied any such thing and you know it. You asked to show their regular season numbers and i showed you that Artest was shooting better than Ariza in the REGULAR season.

YOU WERE OWNED WITH YOUR OWN REQUEST AND IT WAS ALL SUMMARIZED IN THE THREAD. All your lies and BS since dont change the FACTS you turd.

You're an idiot who can't accept a fact, thus your famous logic is forever part of whatever little internet persona you have.

38%>47%

Regular Season stats>Playoff Stats

Cobbler-03/12/10

There is no fact in that comment. It's a complete fabrication made up by you because you're a complete moron who is obsessed with the Lakers and Kobe and you got.

OWNED LIKE THE WHINING LITTLE BITCH YOU ARE!

No matter how many friggen times you bring it up... your BS lie will never become truth.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Just like you owned yourself today with your Wade is ballin thread. I take it back though. You are not a moron.... that's a terrible insult to all morons.

And now you bring this crap into a thread about a great kid and his dreams. Just let it go man. Seriously... how low do you have to stoop?

ChrisRichards
04-18-2010, 01:54 AM
:lol What's with the caps and bolded font? man you're really getting worked up and I laugh everytime you do that lol. You need to calm down. Go get laid or something, your not going to get a star here by proving you have credibility. All I can say is no one of your Laker buddies stood up for you in that conversation, proof enough that you were talking out of your ass. Furthermore, you were so desperate for my validation you created a second account that very miunte (Crazywind) to agree with your own self in that thread. :lol

cobbler
04-18-2010, 02:10 AM
:lol You need to calm down. Go get laid or something, your not going to get a star here by proving you have credibility. All I can say is no one of your Laker buddies stood up for you in that conversation, proof enough that you were talking out of your ass. Furthermore, you were so desperate for my validation you created a second account that very miunte (Crazywind) to agree with your own self in that thread. :lol

Look. It's really time for you to let this go. It's ok to be wrong. I don't like you. You don't like me. Fair enough. I dont care if you think you won the argument or not. I think it's pretty clear since you have had to resort to outright lies and quoting me with them. I don't need validation from anyone on here. Laker fans or otherwise. I just think its bush league to continue to quote me with something I never said or even implied. It's really time for you to just let it go. You got in a debate you weren't qualified to win and when I showed you up you backpeddled and resorted to your BS tactics and on practically every post i have made since you pull out your fabricated quote. Everyone on this board laughs at your obsession with Kobe and the Lakers.

And BTW, I have never once posted on this board with any other account or ID. I created one other account awhile back with a reference to Dr. Buss and have never used it. If you would like Kori to verify, then ask her. She has my permission to show any accounts attributed to me. I am not into all the trolling BS you guys seem to get off on. If baiting people and using multiple logons to trick posters floats your boat... so be it. Not my style.

Just let it go... and just give it a little effort and try to be a man and refrain from associating my name with your lies. Can you do that?

Enough is enough.