PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins trade Ginn to 49ers

sa_butta
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5099673

MIAMI -- The fastest draft bust in Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) history is bound for San Francisco.
Receiver-returner Ted Ginn Jr. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10453) was traded Friday to the 49ers.
The 49ers will send a fifth-round pick in this year's draft to Miami, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The three-day draft begins Thursday.

With that chapter finally closed I am happy with the result here, but wish him luck in is future with the 49ers.

LakerHater
04-16-2010, 05:04 PM

MIAMI -- The fastest draft bust in Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) history is bound for San Francisco.
Receiver-returner Ted Ginn Jr. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10453) was traded Friday to the 49ers.
The 49ers will send a fifth-round pick in this year's draft to Miami, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The three-day draft begins Thursday.

With that chapter finally closed I am happy with the result here, but wish him luck in is future with the 49ers.

He needs to stay as a returner, he sux as a wide out!!

yavozerb
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
He needs to stay as a returner, he sux as a wide out!!

agreed!! The guy has some horrible hands, but he's damn fast..

yavozerb
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM

I was very happy with 5th (early 5th at that), dont think the phins could have gotten much more..

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Greatly overpaying free agents to sign with your team, out biding yourself in a trade to get someone the other team was going to trade regardless, and trading your former top 10 pick for nothing. All signs of a well run organization.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Greatly overpaying free agents to sign with your team, out biding yourself in a trade to get someone the other team was going to trade regardless, and trading your former top 10 pick for nothing. All signs of a well run organization.
To tell you the truth, MIAMI is a pretty well run organization since the tuna got there. Aside from this offseason, all his moves have been good. That team won only one game (a lucky one too) before he got there. He has made them a playoff contender

fyatuk
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Gotta love getting a 5th rounder for a top-10 pick a short time ago. Then again, the common reaction to drafting Ginn top-10 was "WTF?"

MiamiHeat
04-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Ginn is fast as the wind. Whenever he's on the field, he's the fastest guy on either team.

but fact is

the guy drops balls, the guy bobbles balls and causes INT's (twice this past season, one for a pick 6 in the Saints game) he avoids physical play, he runs out of bounds after the catch, he's the only WR that I have EVER IN MY LIFE seen do a fucking QB slide to avoid getting tackled when catching the ball in the middle of the field.

his route running is piss poor, and he has a learning disability. basically, Ginn is a track star who plays football. He's not a football player.

he's seriously like Forrest Gump. dumb as fuck, but he sure is fast.

MiamiHeat
04-16-2010, 11:08 PM
however, all that being said

as a Kickoff Returner, he is a TD threat every single time they kick it to him.

give him a little breathing room or give him the sidelines, and he is fucking gone.

he even outruns people who have the angle of a tackle on him.

monosylab1k
04-16-2010, 11:34 PM
To tell you the truth, MIAMI is a pretty well run organization since the tuna got there.

You forget that the Dolphins were in decent shape before Tuna got there. They were a borderline playoff team for years before then. Incompetent coaching is the main reason they had such a steep dropoff. All Tuna did was right the ship, he didn't turn the thing around by any stretch.

Bill Parcells is the Phil Jackson of the NFL. Everyone calls him a genius even tho he quite literally has not done a goddamn thing without Bill Belichick by his side.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2010, 11:57 PM
You forget that the Dolphins were in decent shape before Tuna got there. They were a borderline playoff team for years before then. Incompetent coaching is the main reason they had such a steep dropoff. All Tuna did was right the ship, he didn't turn the thing around by any stretch.

Bill Parcells is the Phil Jackson of the NFL. Everyone calls him a genius even tho he quite literally has not done a goddamn thing without Bill Belichick by his side.

Here is an article (http://www.sportsbettingprofessor.com/blog/?p=509) I found at the beginning of last year. He obviously shouldn't get all the accolades for turning around the dolphins, but he shouldn't be overlooked.
Although I don't like Phil Jackson, if you hold against him his star players, then only Larry Brown is a worthy coach champion.

xellos88330
04-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Why the fuck did the 49'ers go get this guy. Sure he is fast, but talk about butterfingers.

I cannot wait until San Antonio is able to get an NFL franchise so I can switch teams.

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Although I don't like Phil Jackson, if you hold against him his star players, then only Larry Brown is a worthy coach champion.

what the fuck does that have to do with anything? Phil Jackson is simply a fraud who gets way more credit than he deserves. It has nothing to do with his players. Same with Parcells.

Parcells can't do shit without Belichick, and that's 100% proven. Zero playoff wins without Belichick.

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Maybe they did overpay a little bit for Dansby, but they were in dire need for a run stopping ILB, so its hard to fault a team trying to strengthen their weaknesses. In no way can you dog the phins for trading for the best reciever in football, unless your a jets fan, are you? Dolphins fans should be very happy with a 5th for ginn, cause the guy really is only a ST player and in no way an nfl receiver.

I will gladly take Parcells as my GM or coach over 99% of other coaches or gm's in the league currently. I am sure you are right about him being better with belichick, but as far as I know belichick has not won any more super bowls since he lost some of his staff after their last run, does this mean he cannot do the job without these guys as well?

what the fuck does that have to do with anything? Phil Jackson is simply a fraud who gets way more credit than he deserves. It has nothing to do with his players. Same with Parcells.

Parcells can't do shit without Belichick, and that's 100% proven. Zero playoff wins without Belichick.
Whats funny is that kobe and jordan had other coaches other than jackson and did nothing..Jackson is a hell of a coach who brought out the best in these guys and their teamates. To call him a fraud makes you truly sound like a mavs fun who is still in search of their own fraudlike phil jackson..

robino2001
04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Why the fuck did the 49'ers go get this guy. Sure he is fast, but talk about butterfingers.

I cannot wait until San Antonio is able to get an NFL franchise so I can switch teams.

The Niners kick returning last year was horrendous. They had two muffed returns in the game I went to last year... I believe they had more muffed returns than anyone in the league. One guy they had returning last year at one point hadn't returned kicks since middle school.

There was a big push for them to draft CJ Spiller, mainly for kick returning purposes. If you're looking to use one of your first 3 picks (2 in 1st rd, 1 in 2nd) on a kick returner, you're desperate.

It'll be interesting to see if they use him as a receiver at all. That is one of the areas that they're fairly loaded (Morgan, Jones, Crabtree and Hill figure to be the top 4) and young.

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 09:16 AM
I am sure you are right about him being better with belichick, but as far as I know belichick has not won any more super bowls since he lost some of his staff after their last run, does this mean he cannot do the job without these guys as well?

You're kidding, right? Belichick has gotten to Super Bowls with different offensive and defensive coordinators. Bill Parcells has not even won a playoff game without Belichick. Not one single playoff win.

san antonio spurs
04-17-2010, 09:36 AM

He might get more credit than he deserves but he's not a fraud. We should end this argument here because I can't get myself to defend that POS more. Thanks for your understanding:lol

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
You're kidding, right? Belichick has gotten to Super Bowls with different offensive and defensive coordinators. Bill Parcells has not even won a playoff game without Belichick. Not one single playoff win.

Ok, then tell me how many championships the pats have won without romeo crennel as their defensive coordinator? Your right parcells has not won a single playoff game without belichick, I guess you can credit belichick for romo dropping a snap for a 20 yd game winning field goal as well, huh...

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Ok, then tell me how many championships the pats have won without romeo crennel as their defensive coordinator? Your right parcells has not won a single playoff game without belichick, I guess you can credit belichick for romo dropping a snap for a 20 yd game winning field goal as well, huh...

Just as much as you can say David Tyree wouldn't catch a ball on his helmet if Romeo Crennel was around.

The bottom line is this - Belichick has gotten to a Super Bowl without Crennel/Weis. Parcells HAS NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME without Belichick. That's a huge difference.

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Just as much as you can say David Tyree wouldn't catch a ball on his helmet if Romeo Crennel was around.

The bottom line is this - Belichick has gotten to a Super Bowl without Crennel/Weis. Parcells HAS NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME without Belichick. That's a huge difference.

Now its just getting to the super bowl, I thought it was winning a super bowl? How were the cowboys before parcells got there? I guess by your way of thinking is that wade phillips is a better coach than parcells since he won 1 playoff game..

GrammarDynasty
04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
In no way can you dog the phins for trading for the best reciever in football
tbh, I had no idea they traded for Andre Johnson.

Also, it's I before E except after C, shithead.

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Maybe they did overpay a little bit for Dansby, but they were in dire need for a run stopping ILB, so its hard to fault a team trying to strengthen their weaknesses.
:lmao overpaid a little bit, he gets paid more than Ray Lewis now.

In no way can you dog the phins for trading for the best reciever in football, unless your a jets fan, are you?
The fact you're calling Marshall the best receiver in football demonstrates your lack of football knowledge.

Dolphins fans should be very happy with a 5th for ginn, cause the guy really is only a ST player and in no way an nfl receiver.
Yes I agree, they should be thrilled that a top 10 pick turned into a 5th rounder. I'm sure all NFL fans dream of the player their team took top 10 being traded for a 5th rounder several years later. Then again, this is the fan base that acted like they won a superbowl after going 11-5 and losing in the 1st round.

I will gladly take Parcells as my GM or coach over 99% of other coaches or gm's in the league currently. I am sure you are right about him being better with belichick, but as far as I know belichick has not won any more super bowls since he lost some of his staff after their last run, does this mean he cannot do the job without these guys as well?
Lets analyze this for a second. Bill Belichick won 3 superbowls after he left Parcells' staff and became a coach on his own, while Parcells hasn't won a playoff game since. Now lets look at how Weis and Crennel have done since leaving to go be coaches. Weis was so good at Notre Dame his children were made fun of everyday at school, and Crennel was just as bad as anyone coaching Cleveland. Meanwhile, Bill Belichick was the flukest play in NFL history from going 19-0 with a team. If you didn't realize how retarded your comparison was yet, now's a good time.

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 11:10 AM
And the Phil Jackson comparison makes sense. Ever since Tex Winter retired (the guy who created the triangle and knows more about it than Phil) he's been an average coach.

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Now its just getting to the super bowl, I thought it was winning a super bowl? How were the cowboys before parcells got there? I guess by your way of thinking is that wade phillips is a better coach than parcells since he won 1 playoff game..

Are you really this fucking dense? there's a huge difference between just getting to the playoffs and just getting to the Super Bowl. Are you saying Eric Mangini is as good a head coach as Jeff Fisher? One guy has never won a playoff game, one guy has been to a Super Bowl. No difference to you, right?

and tbh, yes Wade Phillips has shown himself to be a far greater defensive coach and overall has had more success than Parcells without Belichick.

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
:lmao overpaid a little bit, he gets paid more than Ray Lewis now.

The fact you're calling Marshall the best receiver in football demonstrates your lack of football knowledge.

Yes I agree, they should be thrilled that a top 10 pick turned into a 5th rounder. I'm sure all NFL fans dream of the player their team took top 10 being traded for a 5th rounder several years later. Then again, this is the fan base that acted like they won a superbowl after going 11-5 and losing in the 1st round.

Lets analyze this for a second. Bill Belichick won 3 superbowls after he left Parcells' staff and became a coach on his own, while Parcells hasn't won a playoff game since. Now lets look at how Weis and Crennel have done since leaving to go be coaches. Weis was so good at Notre Dame his children were made fun of everyday at school, and Crennel was just as bad as anyone coaching Cleveland. Meanwhile, Bill Belichick was the flukest play in NFL history from going 19-0 with a team. If you didn't realize how retarded your comparison was yet, now's a good time.

And the Phil Jackson comparison makes sense. Ever since Tex Winter retired (the guy who created the triangle and knows more about it than Phil) he's been an average coach.

If you do not think Marshall is the best or near the best WR in NFL then you do not need to call out someone on their football knowledge..Also, I stated that dolphin fans should feel lucky in getting a 5th for ginn cause he sucked and no way even deserved to get that high a pick. Most fans did not agree with him getting drafted that high in the 1st place so you pick up your losses and move on..To call phil jackson average is just plain stupid, he who says this statement need not call anyone else retarded!!

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Are you really this fucking dense? there's a huge difference between just getting to the playoffs and just getting to the Super Bowl. Are you saying Eric Mangini is as good a head coach as Jeff Fisher? One guy has never won a playoff game, one guy has been to a Super Bowl. No difference to you, right?

and tbh, yes Wade Phillips has shown himself to be a far greater defensive coach and overall has had more success than Parcells without Belichick.

:lmao

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
If you do not think Marshall is the best or near the best WR in NFL then you do not need to call out someone on their football knowledge

Don't try to change what you said. You said best receiver in football.
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald

Three guys unquestionably better than Marshall.

..Also, I stated that dolphin fans should feel lucky in getting a 5th for ginn cause he sucked and no way even deserved to get that high a pick. Most fans did not agree with him getting drafted that high in the 1st place so you pick up your losses and move on..
If I were a Dolphins fan I'd be pretty pissed a top 10 pick went to waste and wouldn't care about a fuckin 5th round pick.

To call phil jackson average is just plain stupid, he who says this statement need not call anyone else retarded!!
Since Tex Winter retired, Phil has been an average coach. Maybe his team won this series because of a huge talent gap, but Rick Adelman completely out coached him every which way last year. Phil is a HoF coach, but all of his teams have always had veterans who can hold everyone accountable and not need the coach to babysit.

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Fitz,A.Johnson, and Marshall are easily above everyone else. Calvin Johnson, are you serious....Ya, the guy has talent, but what has he done? Give me the coach like Jackson and Pop anyday who consistantly win championships..Since your a suns fan, i do not expect you to understand this, so I wont even try, just keep being happy with those regular season victories..

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Fitz,A.Johnson, and Marshall are easily above everyone else. Calvin Johnson, are you serious....Ya, the guy has talent, but what has he done? Give me the coach like Jackson and Pop anyday who consistantly win championships..Since your a suns fan, i do not expect you to understand this, so I wont even try, just keep being happy with those regular season victories..

Sure enough we just saw Spurfan waive the white flag by randomly bringing up the fact Phoenix has no championships. Not quite sure how that has anything to do with this topic. Larry Brown and Pat Riley are both coaches who have won championships with lesser teams.

You said Marshall is the best receiver in football, not one of the 3 best receivers in football.

What has Calvin Johnson done? In 2008 he had 1331 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. Keep in mind that was with Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky and Daunte Culpepper throwing him the ball while he faced double coverage on virtually every play. All 32 NFL GM's would take Calvin Johnson over Brandon Marshall.

yavozerb
04-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Sure enough we just saw Spurfan waive the white flag by randomly bringing up the fact Phoenix has no championships. Not quite sure how that has anything to do with this topic. Larry Brown and Pat Riley are both coaches who have won championships with lesser teams.

You said Marshall is the best receiver in football, not one of the 3 best receivers in football.

What has Calvin Johnson done? In 2008 he had 1331 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. Keep in mind that was with Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky and Daunte Culpepper throwing him the ball while he faced double coverage on virtually every play. All 32 NFL GM's would take Calvin Johnson over Brandon Marshall.

No white flag, just cant understand how the lakers cannot win without jackson and all of a sudden are unbeatable with him as their coach...I like megatron and think he's good but 900 yds and 5 td's last season dropped him a tier below marshall,a. johnson,fitz in my opinion.

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 01:19 PM
No white flag, just cant understand how the lakers cannot win without jackson and all of a sudden are unbeatable with him as their coach...I like megatron and think he's good but 900 yds and 5 td's last season dropped him a tier below marshall,a. johnson,fitz in my opinion.

He was injured the entire season. Last season isn't a good gauge as to how good CJ is.

And the thing about Phil is, he's taken over teams when they were already contenders with the 1 exception being the 2009 Lakers. With the Bulls and the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, he came in, tweaked a few things, and put them over the hump.

Fillmoe
04-17-2010, 05:29 PM

fairweather fan... lol... the shit hole that is san antonio is lucky enough to have a basketball team... they will never have a football team, because of shitty fans like you..

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah like Sacramento is some paradise city either. All you fuckers do is say hella and do really stupid dances that require ecstasy.

symple19
04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
fairweather fan... lol...

I second this. Take your shit stained, bandwagoning ways somewhere else Xellos.

I like the move. A 5th rounder isn't much, and you add a home-run threat from the KR position.

As far as Ginn at WR, maybe he can perform better with Crabtree on the other side and Vernon causing problems up the middle. I'm not expecting a whole lot, but the pressure will be off and hopefully he can do something as a 3rd down guy who can stretch the field.

Net gain for the 49ers.

To the No-Cal haters... Fuck off :toast

jack sommerset
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I think it's a good trade. Ginn could turn into a heck of a 3rd maybe even 2nd WR somewhere down the road. Gave up a 5th for that speed, well worth it.

mojorizen7
04-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Solid move. A team who thinks they're on the cusp of turning the corner.....doing something great.......winning a division for example...adding a top notch KR/PR to give them an advantage in field position and big play ability without their offense having to step on the field.