PDA

View Full Version : Which fanbase endured the most suffering this decade?

ChrisRichards
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Suns, Mavs, Blazers, Cavs.

I think Blazers fanbase have it worst.

-Isiah Rider, Kenny Anderson, Sheed Wallace.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nba/2000/1103/photo/a_kemp_vt.jpg

-Lost to the Lakers in the WCF after being up by 15 pts in the 4th

- Fat Shawn Kemp and Rod Strickland era lmao

- Signing Ruben "Sex offender" Patterson
http://str8hoops.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ruben-patterson-christmas-ecard.jpg

-Sheed threw a towel on european legend Arvydas Sabonis face

- Darius Miles highlights LOL

$48 Million contract

Micro fracture injury

$18,000,000

"N Word"

""did not care if the team were to lose the next 20 games"

"According to ESPN's Chad Ford as well as various other accounts, after Miles became disorderly and Cheeks asked him to leave, Miles' response was "Make me." At last, when Cheeks left the room to go see John Nash (GM of Blazers), Miles ran behind him shouting, "That's right, run to your daddy." http://alltalksports.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/darius-miles.jpg

-Greg Oden injury/recovery/injury/recover=bust?

http://ripcitytoseoul.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/injured-oden.jpg

-Roy tears meniscus a week before the postseason

Im sure im missing a whole lot more, but thats all i have right now.

D-Wade #3
04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Suns, Mavs, Blazers, Cavs.

-http://alltalksports.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/darius-miles.jpg

Im sure im missing a whole lot more, but thats all i have right now.

The fuck is wrong with his eyeball?

Donkeybong
04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Knicks are up there.

djohn2oo8
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
If they are 1st, then we are 2nd

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/tmac.JPG

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-12/25/xin_40120325085406343785.jpg

Game 7 - 2005
Game 7 - 2007
Game 6 - 2008

monosylab1k
04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
If they are 1st, then we are 2nd

crofl Rockets never had a legit shot at a title all decade, how much suffering could you really have?

Mavs easily top this list.

djohn2oo8
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
crofl Rockets never had a legit shot at a title all decade, how much suffering could you really have?

Thats because they were always hurt...I guess its not called suffering when you see your players go down year after fucking year

gm5k
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM

I agree. the thing that hurts so bad for the Mavs IMO is in the end they really have no one to blame but themselves. at least the Suns can blame the Spurs.

LnGrrrR
04-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Clippers? Everyone they get that has a hope of making the Clips better either devolves before our eyes or gets injured.

Blazers for all the drama is close too. Kings for being so promising early 2000's, then fading.

Basketballgirl25
04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Well I was going to say the Net fanbase endured the most suffering this decade, but then I realized we only endure pretty much one season of suffering. I'd say Knicks fanbase

ChrisRichards
04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Well I was going to say the Net fanbase endured the most suffering this decade, but then I realized we only endure pretty much one season of suffering. I'd say Knicks fanbase
Knicks is a good one. But they never had the same misfortunes as the Blazers or Rockets and never choked a series they suppose to win like the Mavs.

Clippers? Everyone they get that has a hope of making the Clips better either devolves before our eyes or gets injured.

Clips dont count. Their fans are immune to the organizations failures.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
If your team just sucks every year and delivers on its sucky expectations, imo it's not suffering. It's a tough call between the Suns, Mavs and Kings. I go Mavs 1, Suns 2, Kings 3. It's a close call between the Mavs and Suns, but the tiebreaker is Dallas came about as close to winning the NBA finals as a team can come without winning them. Phoenix had a bunch of "what if" scenarios, but not once in 2005, 2007 or 2008 did they ever have a series lead over San Antonio. There has been an unimaginable amount of suffering for Phoenix fans this decade, but there weren't any "we were so close!" scenarios.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
The Lakers. We went from being a dynasty to a bottom dweller overnight, to the Suns bitch, to almost losing Kobe, to getting stomped by our most hated enemy in the finals. No one went through more.

Funny joke.

lil_penny
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
i feel portland had a pretty shitty time for a while.. but new york and clipper fans have it the worst imo

Basketballgirl25
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Knicks is a good one. But they never had the same misfortunes as the Blazers or Rockets and never choked a series they suppose to win like the Mavs.

true that, I'd say Blazers. Mavs have been good and a least made the playoffs for a few years now, so I wouldn't say the Mav fanbase is suffering

D-Wade #3
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
true that, I'd say Blazers. Mavs have been good and a least made the playoffs for a few years now, so I wouldn't say the Mav fanbase is suffering

They are from stupidity

Bob Lanier
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Knicks, easily.

Cane
04-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Houston should get some consideration.

mavsfan1000
04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Mavs easily. We were 2 games from a championship and had a 67 win season. Both years end in horrible disappointment.

petee
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Thats because they were always hurt...I guess its not called suffering when you see your players go down year after fucking year
that should be the owner who suffers, not the fans IMO. When the scrooge pays one player mass cash while his money only cranks out about 50 games a season, or literally 0 game, you know the owner has to suffer a lot especially considering his stinginess.

cobbler
04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Lakers.... because we have to hear the incessant ramblings and whinings of jealous, butthurt, and obsessed idiots like the OP. :toast

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I yearn for the day fans of other teams are jealous of the Suns and stay up late to watch them lose (Culburn actually does that but he also likes 8 year old butt hole), not sure why that's suffering :lol

petee
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
I yearn for the day fans of other teams are jealous of the Suns and stay up late to watch them lose (Culburn actually does that but he also likes 8 year old butt hole), not sure why that's suffering :lol
once you developed a habit of being owned by someone, you naturally consider yourself his bitch and take it granted to get owned by him. That's just how the Suns reacted to Spurs, no poignancy at all.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 09:28 PM
once you developed a habit of being owned by someone, you naturally consider yourself his bitch and take it granted to get owned by him. That's just how the Suns reacted to Spurs, no poignancy at all.

Sounds good Rogue.

petee
04-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Sounds good Rogue.
it seems i concealed my style exactly as well as you did, DoK.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
it seems i concealed my style exactly as well as you did, DoK.

If I was trying to hide my style I wouldn't be posting as this troll.

ezau
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Mavs had all the chance to win in 2006 and 2007. They could easily have won championships if they weren't too mentally weak.

petee
04-16-2010, 09:37 PM
If I was trying to hide my style I wouldn't be posting as this troll.
at least we're both using Serbian names for some odd reason.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
:lol true (I think it's true that Slovenia became an independent country after the whole Serbia Bosnia thing but I'm not sure).

The Third Man
04-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Mavs easily. We were 2 games from a championship and had a 67 win season. Both years end in horrible disappointment.

But worse than the Suns, or Trailblazers? I don't think so. Also, people in Portland actually care about basketball.

mathbzh
04-17-2010, 07:52 AM

Clippers don't have a fanbase:hat

pauls931
04-17-2010, 08:03 AM
2010 hasn't been too bad.

sonic21
04-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Mavs.

Winning against Spurs and Suns and then losing to an average Miami team. That must hurt more.

san antonio spurs
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I would say it has to be sonics fans. Losing their franchise... nobody went through that this decade. And those fans were dedicated too. I remember the series against Seattle, they were so passionate and classless too

pauls931
04-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I would say it has to be sonics fans. Losing their franchise... nobody went through that this decade. And those fans were dedicated too. I remember the series against Seattle, they were so passionate and classless too

i agree that hurts. It's rainy/misting half the time up there so it seems like they could use all the indoor entertainment they could get.

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Mavs had all the chance to win in 2006 and 2007. They could easily have won championships if they weren't too mentally weak.

Yeah, that was exactly my fucking point, dipshit.

JamStone
04-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree with the sentiment that fans of perennial horrible teams like the Knicks and Clippers haven't had it as bad as fans of teams that were great or close to being great and then falling short.

I would say Mavs fan and Suns fan have suffered the most this decade. But, I would give it to Suns fan more than Mavs fan for a couple of reasons. First, while the Mavs came so close in 2006 and should have had an even better shot in 2007, at least they got to taste the NBA Finals, something the Suns haven't done this decade despite having a couple of teams that were good enough to at least make the Finals. Secondly and probably more importantly, Suns fan had to deal with a penny pinching owner like Sarver who wouldn't do anything and everything to try to get the team over the hump. At least Cuban is willing to make bold moves and spend any amount of money to try to get the Mavs in position to win it all. Sarver has had a few teams that, with a bold and major move or two, could have really made a serious run for at least one title. But Sarver sold first round draft picks, wouldn't keep Joe Johnson, and wouldn't make many big moves that might cost him a few extra million just to get over the top. Shaq is the one move he did make, but it was a move that was probably 2 years too late and he sold him after two years too. That would be much more frustrating to see than watching Cuban make stupid moves but still moves that he felt were in the best interest of his team to win.

ChrisRichards
04-17-2010, 11:19 AM
+1 on Jamstoned. I feel bad for Nash, I hope he retires with a championship ring, but he's locked up in Pheonix and when his contract is up, I dont know if he still has the legs to play, training camp+ 82 games + playoffs season. he's what, 35?

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Nash willingly signed an extension with Phoenix, there's no reason to feel bad for him. He was more than capable of letting his contract expire, signing with a contender for the MLE and changing his game around so he could contribute in a lesser role. He chose the route that led to more money and led to him being able to continue his fun loving ways, but made his chances at a title slim to none.

monosylab1k
04-17-2010, 11:53 AM
tbh there's different types of suffering. You can suffer with a good team when they underacheive and fail (Dallas in the 00's), and you can suffer because your team just licks balls nonstop (Dallas in the 90's). It's like the difference between having some slow, dull, undending pain, or not feeling any pain at all except for a direct kick to the nuts every so often.

imho i'd rather my team be good and fail than suck nonstop. the 90's were overall more filled with suffering for Mavs fans.

So maybe Mavs fans haven't "suffered" the most this decade, but we've definitely taken the most kicks to the groin.

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree with the sentiment that fans of perennial horrible teams like the Knicks and Clippers haven't had it as bad as fans of teams that were great or close to being great and then falling short.

I would say Mavs fan and Suns fan have suffered the most this decade. But, I would give it to Suns fan more than Mavs fan for a couple of reasons. First, while the Mavs came so close in 2006 and should have had an even better shot in 2007, at least they got to taste the NBA Finals, something the Suns haven't done this decade despite having a couple of teams that were good enough to at least make the Finals. Secondly and probably more importantly, Suns fan had to deal with a penny pinching owner like Sarver who wouldn't do anything and everything to try to get the team over the hump. At least Cuban is willing to make bold moves and spend any amount of money to try to get the Mavs in position to win it all. Sarver has had a few teams that, with a bold and major move or two, could have really made a serious run for at least one title. But Sarver sold first round draft picks, wouldn't keep Joe Johnson, and wouldn't make many big moves that might cost him a few extra million just to get over the top. Shaq is the one move he did make, but it was a move that was probably 2 years too late and he sold him after two years too. That would be much more frustrating to see than watching Cuban make stupid moves but still moves that he felt were in the best interest of his team to win.

I agree with most that was said here but not all of the blame rests on Sarver. Sarver is not an idiot, he knows that he doesn't have tons of basketball knowledge, and was always willing to listen to the people around him who were supposed to know about basketball, he still does for that matter.

With Joe Johnson it wasn't Sarver's fault. The blame for that debacle rests squarely on Bryan Colangelo's shoulders for not locking him up a year prior and then putting a sour taste in his mouth with a low ball offer. Once he signed Atlanta's offer sheet, everyone agreed they needed to keep JJ, so they unloaded Jake Voskul's salary and were ready to match ATL's offer....until JJ said he doesn't want them to match the offer and would prefer to move on because of how he was treated. That led to a sign and trade.

Selling draft picks should be blamed on D'antoni more than Sarver, this is evident by the fact Phoenix hasn't sold a single draft pick since D'antoni left, and that when D'antoni wanted him to spend money, Sarver was always willing to. The complacency with the team was also more D'antoni than Sarver, D'antoni refused to change his system and the team up so it could be more traditional and compete with San Antonio. Sarver simply trusted D'antoni too much and took too long to see D'antoni's flaws. When D'antoni wanted two of his favorite players extended (Diaw and Barbosa), Sarver didn't hesitate to give them each a lucrative extension neither one deserved. When D'antoni wanted a back up signed for Steve Nash, they threw WAY more money at Marcus Banks than he deserved.

The way D'antoni worked on draft day was he would have a select few players that he loved, none of which ever had any chance of being there when it was the Suns' pick. Once the Suns' pick came around and none were there, he had no interest in using the pick. Both he and Sarver figured what the fuck, might as well sell it. If D'antoni said to Sarver we need to use this pick, Sarver would have been ok with it, just like he was ok with overpaying Diaw and Barbosa. Heading into the 2008 season, D'antoni said that his goal was to have more fun this season and 2007 was too stressful for him (that was code for he no longer gave a shit about doing his job). One way D'antoni planned on having more fun was going back to small ball and not using defensive role players like Kurt Thomas, and he openly stated he didn't plan on using Kurt Thomas at all that season, and that using Kurt Thomas was his reason for why they lost to San Antonio. Once Sarver realized that, he figured why the hell should I pay luxury tax when trading a player the coach had no interest in using will get me below the threshold; furthermore, he figured why the hell not use draft picks to unload the contract if we have to since D'antoni never uses those anyway.

There's plenty more I can talk about but my point is that Sarver's cheapness has gotten overblown. Since Kerr has had complete control as GM, Phoenix has for the most part been a well run team. Once it became clear Terry Porter wasn't gonna work, Sarver was even willing to fire him and be paying 2 different coaches for a rebuilding team. You can say Sarver is cheap by not wanting to pay luxury tax, but he was always willing to pay luxury tax when they were a contender. I don't blame him for not wanting to pay it for a rebuilding team.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure there's a team in the League that can compete with the Suns injuries from 2000-2010. Penny and Amare had microfracture, Gugliotta had career-ending foot injuries six years into his career... Kidd, Clifford Robinson, Jason Richardson arrested... Amare had two eye surgeries, JJ got his face broke which drastically effected the 2005 WCF... Robert fuckin' Horry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIhHOplWws)... Bad trades of Kidd for Marbury, Thomas and picks for nothing, and other single picks for nothing. Trump card is Sarver...

Had Suns been healthy, 2000 was a legit Title-type team with Kidd, Penny and Gugliotta (all three missed significant time, with Kidd and Googs missing the playoffs mostly). Also, 2005 and 2007 were also legit Title-type teams, but were done in by a combination of poor coaching, injuries and stupidity (the first two could have trumped the third). Who knows what could have been with JJ retained, draft picks used and no surgeries for Amare?

JMarkJohns
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM
DoK, Sarver was the one that refused to meet JJ's reasonable offer of 6 years, 50 million. He OK'd BC's offer 6/45, but wouldn't budge from that. He was quoted as telling JJ to "earn his money" that next season.

BC was far from perfect. But almost every single cost-cutting, low-ball-type move was a Sarver idea or Sarver push.

EDIT: Your part of D'Antoni fits pretty well. You're probably right on that. However, Sarver was fine selling picks before D'Antoni was GM, so while D'Antoni may not have wanted players, Sarver didn't have to sell them.

However, again, not all were absolutely on Sarver. Colangelo packaged the acquired picks from NY with Googs (an expiring contract) to save money prior to the end of the season. The second of those picks is a top-10 from this year's draft.

jdev82
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
seattle

fo'shizzle
04-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Clippers sons!

Spurminator
04-17-2010, 03:28 PM
The Magic deserve mention after failing to sign Duncan followed by the Grant Hill/TMac era, which also included blowing it to Detroit in the first round after leading 3-1, then following that season up with a 21-61 record despite very little roster turnover.

As if the TMac/Hill era wasn't bad enough, they followed it up with the Francis era. Crazy front office drama, injuries, and underperforming players stymied what could have been a threatening young and balanced team (though perhaps not a real title contender).

And in the 2010 postseason, Vince Carter completely choked as the primary offensive weapon, leading to a disappointing showing for the Magic in the Playoffs. (Pending)

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
However, Sarver was fine selling picks before D'Antoni was GM, so while D'Antoni may not have wanted players, Sarver didn't have to sell them.

Sarver's logic was simple, if his business wasn't going to use an asset, he's going to sell the asset to increase profits. He doesn't know anything about how the NBA works, once he had a year of Kerr as GM whispering to him, "Robby, this isn't how things are supposed to work," D'antoni was told either make changes to your philosophy or GTFO. I'm not saying Sarver is a great owner, but he's always done what he was told was in the best interest of the team, including when D'antoni said it wouldn't hurt to sell draft picks.

Regarding JJ, Sarver was prepared to match that offer sheet. They traded Voskul for nothing in preparation to match it and reduce payroll as much as possible. About the 6 year 50 million extension, hindsite is 20/20. He didn't cheap out on Diaw and gave him 5 years 45 mil, that extension turned out to be a disaster. Right now anyway, I don't want them overpaying for guys like BC loved to do. That's why what Kerr has done is so impressive, he's made the team better since he took over and helped their future cap flexibility.

Jacob1983
04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Kings and the Wolves suffered a lot in the 2000s. They got so close to the Finals then everything went downhill for them.

ChrisRichards
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Kings and the Wolves suffered a lot in the 2000s. They got so close to the Finals then everything went downhill for them.
Why do people keep mentioning the Queens? Im serious, can someone fill me in besides the atrocious Game 6 against the Lakers in 2002?

Jacob1983
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Try to put in yourself in the shoes of a Kings or Wolves fan, wouldn't you agree that those teams suffered in the 2000s?

ChrisRichards
04-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Sorry, not really familiar with Sacramento's struggles/pain/euffering other than that year they got screwed by the refs against the Lakers hence the question.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Why do people keep mentioning the Queens? Im serious, can someone fill me in besides the atrocious Game 6 against the Lakers in 2002?

They suffered many a injury... Webber, Peja... they had tons of talent, but injury and BS calls in game 6 if 2002 cost them from advancing to the Finals. Webber went down vs. the Mavs in 2003. The one time they were all three healthy they were screwed.

I can see it, but sucking for the better half of the decade isn't enough to make up the ground they trail other teams like Phoenix, Dallas, Portland, etc. by.

ChrisRichards
04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
They suffered many a injury... Webber, Peja... they had tons of talent, but injury and BS calls in game 6 if 2002 cost them from advancing to the Finals. Webber went down vs. the Mavs in 2003, then I believe Bibby missed the next season's playoffs. The one time they were healthy they were screwed.

I can see it, but sucking for the better half of the decade isn't enough to make up the ground they trail other teams like Phoenix, Dallas, Portland, etc. by.
Thanks. And that's why I was wondering. They had 2-3 yrs of peak basketball but no one reallt expected them to do much more after that time frame.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I changed my mind. Its definitely the Mavs lol.

Strike
05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Every single non-laker fan with a friend/relative who is a laker fan. Everyone out there who has a real life lakaluva/culburn/dazedandconfused in their life has to listen to the same oral bowel movements every time the topic of basketball comes up.

Bob Lanier
05-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Tee hee.

Mavs_man_41
05-01-2010, 11:23 PM
mav fans run away with this in a land slide

Bukefal
05-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I changed my mind. Its definitely the Mavs lol.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/355/30084145517282208213161.jpg

:lol

admiralsnackbar
05-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Easily Mavs fans. Who else acts so entitled?

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Webber, Peja... they had tons of talent

Horseshit. They had a hard-on for us for a finite span of time. Once we quashed their uprising they went quietly, into the night.

Biggems
05-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Even with all the success, the Spurs have had their fair share of heartbreak.

We win the title in 99, then just before the playoffs in 00, Duncan gets injured and we get ousted in the first round.

Then the following two seasons, we get ousted by the Lakers....one of those years, we had a legit shot at beating them. Unfortunately, during the Dallas series, Anderson was injured on a cheap shot, and was never really healthy for the Lakers. It would have been tough to win the series anyway, but take away our best perimeter player at the time and forget about it.

04, we are the defending Champs....and here we are in San Antonio. Duncan makes a miraculous shot over Shaq to give us the lead with 0.4 seconds left in the game. We all figure we have this game and will close it out in LA. But no. Fisher makes the most heartbreaking shot in the history of the Spurs franchise. We lose that game, and the next....then we watch the Lakers simply lay down and quit against the Pistons....just horrible.

In 06, we are once again the defending champs.....and we are playing the Mavs. The Series is super even. Any team can take it. Well we go up 3 late in game 7. Dirk drives, minimal contact by Manu....Hoop and the harm. He makes the FT, and ties it. We take it down and Duncan misses a layup, Manu misses a putback. We go into OT and lose. The Mavs go onto the Finals and choke away a 2 game lead, as well as a double digit lead in game 3 and lose the finals 4-2 to the Heat. HORRIBLE.

In 08, we are once again the champs. we make it to the WCF. However, Manu is injured. Pop refuses to give Barry extra minutes. We blow two huge 2nd half leads. Barry gets raped by Fisher at the end of game 5, no call. Lakers go on to the Finals.....and get beat down by the Celtics. HORRIBLE.

09, we are the 3 seed. We are playing the Mavs, and once again Manu is hurt. We have a rookie named Hill, but Pop is stubborn and simply wont put him in until it is too late. The Mavs upset us in 5 games.

So while the Spurs have tasted a lot of success, they have also been crushed in ways that very few have. I think the reason 04, 06, and 08 are so tough to deal with is because when the Lakers and Mavs beat us, they went on to the Finals and basically bent over and took it up the ass with zero lube to ease the pain. I mean, they fought so hard and gave every ounce of what they had to eliminate the Spurs, but didn't bring the same effort in the Finals.....just frustrates me to no end. IMO, we beat the Heat and Celtics.....not sure if we beat the Pistons in 04 though.

Plus, we Spurs fans have had to deal with not being able to repeat, we are dirty, we are soft, we are old, we get all the calls, we kill ratings.....etc.

I vote for Spurs fans.

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 09:42 AM
^:rolleyes^

Ghazi
05-02-2010, 09:49 AM
lol @ Biggems typing an essay just to take subtle jabs at the Lakers and Mavs.

What a faggot :lol

MateoNeygro
05-02-2010, 09:50 AM

your sig picture creeps me the fuck out man. Lol.

scanry
05-02-2010, 10:32 AM
The Spurs & the Lakers are exempt from any kind of suffering this past decade. The two franchises have combined to win 8 championships over the past 11 years, so go figure and try being a Mavs fan for a year and you'll understand!!!

Mavs win this shit in a landslide, and the Suns are a distant second...

callo1
05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Suns. If not for the Spurs, they would likely have 2 rings.

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
...^Thank you, Spurs. Now, get 'er done one more time, then come out to the coast, and bring little snot nose (Shastafarian) with ya.

MateoNeygro
05-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Mavs, Suns, Portland that's my 2 cents.

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 12:15 PM
The Suns have made their own misery much of the time: trading draft picks, paying multiple coaches not to coach, 7 seconds or less, putting their trust in a leaky vessel like Nash, settling for beating my Lakers, one minute macro managed///the next minute micro managed, et al.

TampaDude
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Mavs and Suns, hands down...

Biggems
05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
lol @ Biggems typing an essay just to take subtle jabs at the Lakers and Mavs.

What a faggot :lol

faggot? no that would be your bitch of a superstar.

there was no subtle jabs at the lakers or mavs. the lakers ended our season 4 times and the mavs 2 this decade. im sorry but .4 is one of the most heartbreaking was to lose that there is. also, it sucks when you feel that a team plays so hard and goes balls out to beat your team, then doesnt seem to give the same effort later in the playoffs.

I felt the same way about the Cardinals in baseball. They played so hard to beat the Astros, only to just lay down for the Red Sox in the World Series.

Damn why do mavs fans get so butt hurt all the time....ghazi, i expected better of you, but i guess you are like the rest of your brethren.

Goran Dragic
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM

We win the title in 99, then just before the playoffs in 00, Duncan gets injured and we get ousted in the first round.

Then the following two seasons, we get ousted by the Lakers....one of those years, we had a legit shot at beating them. Unfortunately, during the Dallas series, Anderson was injured on a cheap shot, and was never really healthy for the Lakers. It would have been tough to win the series anyway, but take away our best perimeter player at the time and forget about it.

04, we are the defending Champs....and here we are in San Antonio. Duncan makes a miraculous shot over Shaq to give us the lead with 0.4 seconds left in the game. We all figure we have this game and will close it out in LA. But no. Fisher makes the most heartbreaking shot in the history of the Spurs franchise. We lose that game, and the next....then we watch the Lakers simply lay down and quit against the Pistons....just horrible.

In 06, we are once again the defending champs.....and we are playing the Mavs. The Series is super even. Any team can take it. Well we go up 3 late in game 7. Dirk drives, minimal contact by Manu....Hoop and the harm. He makes the FT, and ties it. We take it down and Duncan misses a layup, Manu misses a putback. We go into OT and lose. The Mavs go onto the Finals and choke away a 2 game lead, as well as a double digit lead in game 3 and lose the finals 4-2 to the Heat. HORRIBLE.

In 08, we are once again the champs. we make it to the WCF. However, Manu is injured. Pop refuses to give Barry extra minutes. We blow two huge 2nd half leads. Barry gets raped by Fisher at the end of game 5, no call. Lakers go on to the Finals.....and get beat down by the Celtics. HORRIBLE.

09, we are the 3 seed. We are playing the Mavs, and once again Manu is hurt. We have a rookie named Hill, but Pop is stubborn and simply wont put him in until it is too late. The Mavs upset us in 5 games.

So while the Spurs have tasted a lot of success, they have also been crushed in ways that very few have. I think the reason 04, 06, and 08 are so tough to deal with is because when the Lakers and Mavs beat us, they went on to the Finals and basically bent over and took it up the ass with zero lube to ease the pain. I mean, they fought so hard and gave every ounce of what they had to eliminate the Spurs, but didn't bring the same effort in the Finals.....just frustrates me to no end. IMO, we beat the Heat and Celtics.....not sure if we beat the Pistons in 04 though.

Plus, we Spurs fans have had to deal with not being able to repeat, we are dirty, we are soft, we are old, we get all the calls, we kill ratings.....etc.

I vote for Spurs fans.

Congrats on being retarded.

TampaDude
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM

I vote for Spurs fans.

Yeah, we've had our share of heartbreak and hosejobs, but we've won FOUR TITLES...the Mavs and the Suns together have a grand total of ZERO. There is no way you can say the Spurs have "suffered" over the past decade.

crc21209
05-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Throw the Mavs in there as well...Being up 2-0 in the NBA Finals with a double-digit lead in Game 3 with minutes to go from going up 3-0, only to lose the lead, the game, and eventually the series. And then the next year (07') winning 60+ games in the regular season to be the #1 seed in the West, only to lose to the #8 seeded Warriors...

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats on being retarded.

Duncan, nailin' a retard, to the fuckin' wall.

tlongII
05-02-2010, 01:59 PM
We don't suffer. We endure.

jag
05-02-2010, 02:04 PM
http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//8b/87/8b879b05a52094588b69ef1b009cfeb1.jpg

He looks like he's suffering.

tlongII
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//8b/87/8b879b05a52094588b69ef1b009cfeb1.jpg

He looks like he's suffering.

I believe the question concerned the fanbase.

dbestpro
05-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Spur fans have suffered the most listening to all of the whining from Mavs fans.

Goran Dragic
05-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Spur fans have suffered the most listening to all of the whining from Mavs fans.

Spurfan complaining about another fanbase whining is one of the most hypocritical things I've ever seen.

:cry Barry was fouled :cry
:cry Stern hates small market teams!!! :cry
:cry Gasol collusion :cry