PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson responds to Durant feeling "Disrespected" and 35k fine

PGDynasty24
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
"I really didn't know what he was upset about," Jackson said. "It really wasn't that upsetting. He shot the most free throws in the league; he made the most free throws in the league. He shot the most shots in the league; he made the most shots in the league. I voted for him on the All-Star team; he made the All-Star team. We know he's a great player, congratulations."

When Durant's comments were paraphrased to Jackson, explaining how Durant was upset about the insinuation of receiving favorable calls based on superstar status rather than based on merit, Jackson said, "Good. I mean, whatever."

Jackson, who was paid $12 million to coach the Lakers this season, was asked if the fines could be a tax write-off at the end of his media session Friday.

"Certainly," Jackson quipped. "That's a gift to the NBA charities.

"NBA Cares, they really care a lot about me. ... I got to get out of here before I start something else."
:lol

IronMexican
04-16-2010, 07:07 PM

DMX7
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
That would be funny if they fined him again.

namlook
04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
That would be funny if they fined him again.

They won't fine him again. He didn't talk about the refs.

rjv
04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
the zen master sure is an asshole for someone who is supposed to be so "zen".

Donkeybong
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Phil owns

TheMACHINE
04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
My buddy said that Durant got fouled out at one of the Lakers game and the fans behind OKC's bench was yelling at him. He said Durant was yelling back and cussing out the fans..... word probably got to Phil that Durant loses composure easily. Im sure all this talk is to get into his head.

Typical Phil. lol

LkrFan
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
the zen master sure is an asshole for someone who is supposed to be so "zen".
Oh sure, it is so much worse than Pop yapping about the Gasol trade, when in fact you guys tanked to get TD despite a healthy David Robinson. There was nothing wrong with what PJ said. Just like it was funny that he put an "*" next to your 1st title. :nope

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Was it funny when he implied that Kobe is a rapist?..

That's a pretty serious thing to imply and it goes way beyond basketball..

TheMACHINE
04-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Was it funny when he implied that Kobe is a rapist?..

must suck that a rapist is out there making millions and winning championships.

rjv
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh sure, it is so much worse than Pop yapping about the Gasol trade, when in fact you guys tanked to get TD despite a healthy David Robinson. There was nothing wrong with what PJ said. Just like it was funny that he put an "*" next to your 1st title. :nope

pop is an asshole too. he just doesn't hide under some pretext of being someone who is spiritually enlightened. he's just an ex-military smart ass. and phil is a self-righteous hippie.

LkrFan
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
pop is an asshole too. he just doesn't hide under some pretext of being someone who is spiritually enlightened. he's just an ex-military smart ass. and phil is a self-righteous hippie.True dat. No further comments here...

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
pop is an asshole too. he just doesn't hide under some pretext of being someone who is spiritually enlightened. he's just an ex-military smart ass. and phil is a self-righteous hippie.

I really don't think Phil gives two shits about what anyone thinks of him.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2010, 07:43 PM

Doesn't it?..

rjv
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I really don't think Phil gives two shits about what anyone thinks of him.

who ever said he does? i mean, i'd be surprised if he did care at all. most professional head coaches could care less for that matter. (wade phillps notwithstanding)

mogrovejo
04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
It seems Durant is getting into Phil's head.

D-Wade #3
04-16-2010, 07:58 PM

:toast

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Also it's apparent Phil is worrying about this series a lot more than people think. I've never seen him get so riled up over a 1st round match up.

ChrisRichards
04-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Also it's apparent Phil is worrying about this series a lot more than people think. I've never seen him get so riled up over a 1st round match up.
Truth. Phil should save this talk when the lakers face a real opponent.

Goran Dragic
04-16-2010, 08:16 PM

That's what I'm saying. Phil is treating the Thunder like a real opponent because they are.

A possibility no one is talking about is Phil using these comments to send his team the message that OKC can't be taken lightly.

D-Wade #3
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
And Phil should be worried, especially since the Thunder will run a train on Fisher, and Durant will make Artest his personal bitch

milkshakeballa
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM

I know you have no clue what I'm talking about but

out here in the west...every team that makes the playoffs is a "real opponent"

it aint like the east over here fuckface

j.dizzle
04-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Sons, Phil isnt stupid..Refs are gonna read these comments & not call 2 quick fouls on Ron Ron in the first 5 minutes anymore. OkC is gonna get curbstomped if they let them play physical vs these little boys..Fisher might not be a great defender but hes built like a fuckin tank. Westbrook gonna get a few elbows to the chin hahaha

cobbler
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Harlem Heat is a rapist!

ezau
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM

Still a rapist. A criminal masked by his superior talent in basketball

JustBlaze
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Need VCash.

ezau
04-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Lol, how many does Fisher has to be owned for you to realize that he sucks on D?

Kindergarten Cop
04-17-2010, 07:30 AM
No, he just pretends to be classy. So much so that the classless fans of the fat state of San Antonio think they are classy. Beer guts and burrito breath and all.

D-Wade #3
04-17-2010, 07:41 AM
No, he just pretends to be classy. So much so that the classless fans of the fat state of San Antonio think they are classy. Beer guts and burrito breath and all.

Lakaluva owns himself again :lol

TheMACHINE
04-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Still a rapist. A criminal masked by his superior talent in basketball

still sucks that a rapist is out there making millions and winning championships.

o well

Muser
04-17-2010, 10:12 AM
:lmao state of san antonio

TheMACHINE
04-17-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL @ Retards thinking Durant is in Phils head. Really? lol

D-Wade #3
04-17-2010, 10:19 AM
LOL @ Retards thinking Durant is in Phils head. Really? lol

He doesn't try to play mind games with teams that he isn't worried about

TheSullyMonster
04-17-2010, 07:55 PM

I think it's funny I've only heard people accuse the spurs of tanking here, and the only person who cares about the * is Phil.:flag:

itzsoweezee
04-17-2010, 08:23 PM
phil is shook. he usually doesn't start up his act until at least the 2nd or 3rd round. for a defending world champ* to be that afraid of an 8 seed is sad.

redzero
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM

I didn't know Fat Antonio was a state. Was Texas renamed or did they secede from Texas?

redzero
04-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Who said Fat Antonio?

I did. I combined "fat" and "San Antonio."

Clever, I know.

NewJerSpur
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Kobe needs to be healthy for this series....they're going to need someone to counter Durant 30 ppg.