PDA

View Full Version : Chat with John Hollinger

nbaman99
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
There are lot of question about Spurs. I got few here but you can read on the resy.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31824

jean (ny)

does crawford have 6th man locked up?
John Hollinger
(12:14 PM)

Yes. There's been a late push for Manu, who has better overall stats, but if you look most of Manu's damage has come as a starter -- Crawford has nearly 1,000 more minutes as a reserve and his off-the-bench stats rival Ginobili's.

micah (san antonio)

thank you for being one of the few picking the Spurs (in 6 no less) to beat the Mavs. I have come to trust your mathematical wizardry over the years and I'm putting my trust in your selection (even though only 3 out of the 12 of ya'll picked the Spurs).
John Hollinger
(12:17 PM)

I love how I'm a mathematical wizard if I pick in favor of somebody's team and just some computer nerd if I pick against them.

micah (san antonio)

Was Pop smart to concede to a Spurs/Mavs 1st round by resting Timmy and Manu last night?
John Hollinger
(12:19 PM)

Yes, because that was preferable to playing Utah or Phoenix. True, San Anto lost two of three to Dallas heading into last night, but they went a combined 1-6 against Phoenix and Utah. The fact the Spurs nearly beat them on the road with their backups has to make them feel good about their prospects.

Johan (Portland, OR)
Lakers road to the finals will look like this: OKC, Jazz, and Mavs. That sure is a lot easier than the Cavs: Bulls, Celtics, and Magic. Don't you agree?
John Hollinger
(12:21 PM)
I think it looks more like OKC, Jazz and Spurs/Suns, and I think it's a lot harder for them to get out of the first two rounds than it will be for Cleveland. Not sure if you've seen Boston lately but they're a spent force; at this point Miami might scare the Cavs more than playing the Celtics does.

Brock (Dallas)

You talk above about how the Spurs were smart for sitting Tim and Manu but yet you forget to mention Dallas sat Caron and Jason Kidd was on the bench for most of the game John Hollinger
(12:46 PM)Butler played 39 minutes, Kidd played 28. Not sure what game you were at.

timvp
04-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Brock (Dallas)

You talk above about how the Spurs were smart for sitting Tim and Manu but yet you forget to mention Dallas sat Caron and Jason Kidd was on the bench for most of the game John Hollinger
(12:46 PM)Butler played 39 minutes, Kidd played 28. Not sure what game you were at.Gotta love Mav Fan.

nbaman99
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
i know i love that one too. Dallas fans have no clue. He didn't mention here but dirk also played lot of minutes also.

spurs10
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Dirk had to be brought back late in the 4th to avoid the upset. I like what Hollinger had to say in the interview.Thanks for posting it.

sefant77
04-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Dirk had to be brought back late in the 4th to avoid the upset. I like what Hollinger had to say in the interview.Thanks for posting it.

Dirk not even tried the whole game and he didnt even try when he was back in. He didnt put the ball on the floor the whole game.

Dont be so blind.

And Hollinger hates the Mavs, so you shouldnt really give a damn what he saying about the Mavs.

Btw he picked the Mavs over the Warriors in 2007 (i think in 5 or 6) but still talk about it like he was the only one seeing it coming. And thats just one example.

He is the biggest troll out there.

EmptyMan
04-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Even mathematical wizards cannot foresee such a monumental choke job.

wut
04-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Dirk not even tried the whole game and he didnt even try when he was back in. He didnt put the ball on the floor the whole game.

Dont be so blind.

And Hollinger hates the Mavs, so you shouldnt really give a damn what he saying about the Mavs.

Btw he picked the Mavs over the Warriors in 2007 (i think in 5 or 6) but still talk about it like he was the only one seeing it coming. And thats just one example.

excuses excuses.... we all know that game meant nothing, don't let it hurt your head Mavs fan. :wakeup

It is funny though....the game was so "dominated" by the Mavs that you have to sit here and make excuses when not just Spurs fans, but NBA Analysts are even questioning how dominating the Mavs were?

But seriously, I think the point he is making is that it's not just an automatic advance for the Mavs; it has the potential to be a 6 or 7 game series going either way. You have to realize that this is the truth for both our teams.

Both Mavs and Spurs are playing well. The Spurs defense has been improving, which is why they have a shot. Having said that, this is the perfect time for the Mavs to beat the Spurs with Parker not 100%....but if somehow the series gets extended to 6 or 7 ... the more it favors San Antonio.

Muser
04-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Hollinger owned Brock :lol

Flux451
04-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Brock, you just got served.

nbaman99
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Mavs is a good team this year and Dirk shooting lights out, we have to give them that. But as some sportscaster said the other day, the new addition to there team is still new and Spurs new guys played the whole season with the Spurs.

Match up wise i think we have the advantage. Yeah, last year they beat Manu less team with a banged up Tim Duncan and Tony leading the team, but this year with healthy big 3, addition of playoff tested Dice and Richard Jefferson playing like old RJ we have the better chance and thats the reality.

So yeah, both teams playing great, but Spurs have more to prove and they always come through, because simply Mavs is a regular season team and the Spurs is a playoff team.

jag
04-17-2010, 11:01 AM

The same Hollinger that picked the mavs over the spurs last year?

ohmwrecker
04-17-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not going to pretend that there are no dumb Spurs fans, but Mavs fans are REALLY dumb.

jimo2305
04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
when it comes to fans like those.. i feel sorry for mavsfan1000 on these boards lol...

he's like one of the few intelligent mavs fans i know of..

ZB 512
04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
The same Hollinger that picked the mavs over the spurs last year?

the same trHollinger who picked the Mavs to miss the playoffs last year...and picked them to finish 7th this year

5in10
04-17-2010, 04:22 PM
you forgot the one i asked.

Matt (SA)

After last nights performance, would you say dejuan blair is gonna be a factor in the Spurs Mavs matchup?
John Hollinger
(1:14 PM)

Not sure. He was playing center, and the Spurs already have a pretty decent one with Tim Duncan, even if we're not allowed to publicly acknowledge that he's a center. So I'm not sure Blair gets more than 10-12 minutes. Can he be a factor in those minutes? Absolutely. But he's not going for 20-20.