PDA

View Full Version : Way to go, Sura!

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM
I know this isn't Spurs related. Sorry in advance.

Bobby Sura just dropped Josh Howard, who's turned into a little punk bitch. That was awesome.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
It was stout of him to step up, but it's pretty sad when your PG is the enforcer for your team. :lol

texbumTHElife
05-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I missed it what happened?

ceds
05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Tmac comes through big time in an elimination game..im starting to believe in him and think we can take this series.

Jon Barry with a great game...showing his brother how playoff ball is done.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 11:55 PM
It was stout of him to step up, but it's pretty sad when your PG is the enforcer for your team. :lol
That's hilarious, but you know Sura's a gritty litte bastage.

I missed it what happened?
Howard hard fouled Yao and then gave him the little ghetto staredown. The play by play guy for TNT commented on how that would be a taunting foul in the NFL. Later in the half Sura came in, wrapped up Howard on a break, and dropped him to the floor. It wasn't much, but he sent a little message. I thought it was very appropriate and the perfect example of a good playoff foul.

Tmac comes through big time in an elimination game..im starting to believe in him and think we can take this series.

Jon Barry with a great game...showing his brother how playoff ball is done.
He played great, but, as is his pattern, Tmac was nowhere to be found in the fourth quarter. He threw up bricks, had a couple of bad turnovers and a critical missed assignment on defense. James, Barry and Mutombo saved his ass.

ceds
05-06-2005, 12:19 AM
He's still the best swingman in the playoffs..perhaps the league. Im happy to take my chances with him in the 4th (especially against the spurs). He's a cold blooded scorer who doesnt spend time thinking about the shot.

That said the bottom line is the team will go as far as Yao will take them. If he keeps developing like i think he will, we will be serious contenders for the next 5 + years.

T Park
05-06-2005, 12:23 AM
He's still the best swingman in the playoffs

TMac or Sura.

T Mac?? I wholeheartedly agree.

Sura?? your just plain nuts.

ceds
05-06-2005, 12:27 AM
:lol

Of course i meant Tmac

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I think Tmac is the greatest talent in the league. He's got every physical gift, he has stupid range and he's a nightmare matchup for anyone. That doesn't mean he showed up in the fourth quarter of tonight's game.

Mr. Body
05-06-2005, 01:19 AM
McGrady didn't need to show up in the 4th quarter. His guys were hitting mad shots and he fell back. Why mess up their rhythm? You never saw Jordan stealing shots from hot teammates, did you?

He started it with two mad threes, one with a foul, anyway. He set the fuse.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Those bricks and that leaping turnover were both very Jordan-esque, as was his failure to cover the rebound he knocked out of bounds the other night.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I thought Sura picked his spot nicely and took advantage of the moment to send his message. He waited until his team was up 7. He waited until Howard was alone on the break. And he flat out put a strong safety-type wrap-up and pin on Howard to get the point across. Sura is gritty and hard-nosed, but he also played that smartly. I see more and more why Pop has repeatedly tried to get him here.

MadDog73
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I hope the Mavs win tomorrow....

td4mvp21
05-06-2005, 03:49 PM
^Mavs win = Mouse talking about a championship for the "mighty might mavericks" ALL the time. I want the Rockets to win so he will shut up about it already.

MadDog73
05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Mouse talking smack= Spurs victory!

I guess it's a win-win situation :lol