PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac > Kobe

TDfan2007
05-05-2005, 11:23 PM
T-Mac has showed me something in this series. He has become a team player and is trusting his teammates (something Kobe still hasn't learned to do). He is also hitting big shots and carrying the team down the stretch. He has been simply unbelievable. Don't forget, he's had to gaurd Dirk Nowitzki on one end and then run the offense on the other end.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 10:49 AM
What has he closed out since hitting that jumper to win game 2? He still hasn't proven anything IMHO, but Kobe proved this year he's just an above average player without Shaq.

Dre_7
05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Dude, did you watch the 4th qtr???

Crafty One
05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Mac has proved he is worth or being mentioned with the best. Also as a winner.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Dude, did you watch the 4th qtr???
Apparently not. I thought I saw him jump in the air and throw the ball right to a blue shirt, and I thought I saw him disappear for a stretch while his teammates got them back into the lead, and I thought I saw him hit a three pointer once they were up by 11. I thought he put up an 18 footer that barely grazed the rim.

He scored a load of points and tried very hard to get his choking big-man into the game. He did a great job leading them, but I'm not going to say he came through in the fourth quarter. I may be completely wrong, but that's what I noticed. And no matter whether I'm right or wrong, TMac hasn't proven anything. He's not out of the first round yet. He won this many playoff games with Orlando.

SuBZer0
05-06-2005, 06:14 PM
"choking big man"

What the hell are you smoking?? Compare TMac's FG% with Yao's. Yao was HUGE this series, HUGE... He may have missed some FT's in Game 5 I think, but before that he hadn't missed one that game. Then last game, he disappeared, mainly because of the BS fouls that he got tagged with, which has happened quite often that series. You don't even think about the previous 5 games, where he was a much more efficient player than TMac. Did you see the 20 shots that TMac regularly missed each game? Did you see how he kept being selfish and shooting even when he was ice cold? Then he gets the ball at the end (obviously) and wins it (one of those shots has to go in) and everyone talks about how amazing he is. Seriously, some of you just look at the 5-cat stats without noticing the stats that count, OR even watching the game...

Yao 42/61 shots made
TMac 32/68 shots made

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I agree that Yao has been very good, and he was brilliant in that one game where he only missed a couple of shots.

My choking reference was about game 5 and 6 mainly. Those high pick and roll passes Yao did a Shawn Bradley and booted out of bounds. He couldn't hit a free throw to save his life in game 5, either.

Dre_7
05-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I saw TMac nail two big threes, try and get his team involved (they seemed to have butter fingers, bobbled every pass he threw to them). He stepped up big. I would love to have him on my team. And the thing is, he kept them close. Gave it all up on the court to keep them in the game when his team was stinkin up the place. I think he has proven something!

ducks
05-07-2005, 09:10 PM
1-7 in game 7 he is having a terrible start

baseline bum
05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Neither of them is fit to wipe the sweat from Iverson's nutsack.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I saw TMac nail two big threes, try and get his team involved (they seemed to have butter fingers, bobbled every pass he threw to them). He stepped up big. I would love to have him on my team. And the thing is, he kept them close. Gave it all up on the court to keep them in the game when his team was stinkin up the place. I think he has proven something!
Yeah, you are right about that. He got the team involved, but how much of the team's great play can be attributed to him is debatable. I would take him on my team any day of the week, and I will always enjoy watching him play, win or lose. That said, he hasn't proven anything (to me) other than he isn't the best player in the NBA, despite being the most physically gifted and talented player in the NBA.

a-puppy
07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
If Kobe is above average, that means TMac should average about 47/13 against the Spurs in a series. The Spurs will no longer be Kobe's playoff bitches as soon as Houston matches up with SA.

Sense
07-28-2005, 03:39 AM
What has TMAC done that Kobe hasnt except scoring 13 in 35 secs? Kobe has it all

So far he made the playoffs..

The Rockets are nothing without T-Mac, you might say "well what about Yao".

Yao is Shawn Bradley.

Anyways..

This is like Kobe going to Orlando, and T-Mac going to a contending team, the truth is though...T-Mac is willing to share the ball, and he doesn't have shaq.

MajicMan
07-28-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm not a huge Kobe fan but this is another stupid hater thread. Just like KG>TD. I hate Kobe so I'm going to say T Mac is better than him. McGrady had a better year. Doesn't make him a better player. Makes him able to play at the same level Kobe has been all these years. One bad season without Shaq does not merit a tmac>kobe thread. So you say Kobe ain't nothing without Shaq? I don't like to make excuses but TMac was playing with Yao Ming and Dikembe. Kobe was playing with Chris Mihm, bad knees Brian Grant and that bitch good for nothing loser Brian Cook.

Maybe if the Lakers had another losing season then you can make comparisons about how Tmac took his team to the playoffs and Kobe didn't but otherwise you guys probably picked the wrong guy to write off. Kobe out of anyone is capable of making you guys eat your words. Think about how many times he destroyed you guys. I'm saying all this and I'm not even a huge Kobe fan. He's not the most likeable guy but his arrogance/confidence is what seperates him from everyone else. If he was a nice guy he would be another soft pussy like Eddie Jones.

1Parker1
07-28-2005, 08:17 AM
You guys are nuts if you think T-mac>>>>>Kobe

Kobe has hit more clutch shots in more clutch situtations (i.e playoffs) than T-Mac

Kobe has 3 rings to T-Mac's 0. You can blame it on the team or the fact that Kobe had Shaq.......or you could look at it that Shaq had Kobe....during their 3peat run, Kobe was just as instrumental in their wins.

Kobe isn't just offense like T-Mac. Kobe has made it to the All defensive first team several times.

Alchal
07-28-2005, 10:34 AM
If T-mac had Shaq they would be winning championships, and whithout Shaq Kobe couldnt even make the playoffs.

Nash to Amare
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
T-Mac>Kobe. Kobe doesn't make his team better unless he has Shaq. Kobe benefited more from Shaq than Shaq from Kobe. Shaq proved it this year with Miami.

ducks
07-28-2005, 02:28 PM
shaq has to have help
without penny, wade or kobe shaq is nothing

Sense
07-28-2005, 07:47 PM
What if T-Mac was ever with Shaq...

a-puppy
07-28-2005, 07:49 PM
If T-mac had Shaq they would be winning championships, and whithout Shaq Kobe couldnt even make the playoffs.

TMac wouldn't have fucked the Spoirs up like Kobe did. Quit lying. TMac hasn't the killa instinct or the ability to make clutch plays in latter playoff rounds. TMac wouldn't score 45 in your Dome while dunking over Robbo and Duncan multiple times in the process.

a-puppy
07-28-2005, 07:50 PM
shaq has to have help
without penny, wade or kobe shaq is nothing

Without Kobe, Shaq is ringless. Door swings both ways.

1Parker1
07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
TMac wouldn't have fucked the Spoirs up like Kobe did. Quit lying. TMac hasn't the killa instinct or the ability to make clutch plays in latter playoff rounds. TMac wouldn't score 45 in your Dome while dunking over Robbo and Duncan multiple times in the process.

seriously, I love how everyone says Kobe couldn't have done shit with Shaq....well the jury is still out as to what Shaq can do without Kobe....neither has yet to win anything without the other. SO that argument is a little premature and dumb. :rolleyes

It's one thing for T-Mac to score 40 some points in a regular season game.........Kobe has proven he can do that in clutch ass situations and at the highest platform--playoffs, Finals, you name it. Until T-Mac does something spectacular in the playoffs or wins a ring or 2...you can't say T-Mac>>>>>>>Kobe.

Joesteds
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
What does it matter? Both are still elite players that anyone would love to have on their team. Kobe had Shaq yes and won it with him. T-Mac now has Yao and Kobe has no Shaq and T-Mac is better. If we had this argument 2 years ago, Kobe would have been hands down, but now we see they are about even when you put them in similar situations.

mavsfan1000
08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree that T-Mac is greater than Kobe. T-Mac was always double teamed with the sorry teams he has been with. T-Mac was a big reason why Yao had such a good series against us. Kobe needs Shaq to be as effective.

1Parker1
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree that T-Mac is greater than Kobe. T-Mac was always double teamed with the sorry teams he has been with. T-Mac was a big reason why Yao had such a good series against us. Kobe needs Shaq to be as effective.

Care for a little battle blog on this subject?? :eyebrows

Sense
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
TMAC>Kobe.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2005, 12:30 AM
tmac>kobe :D:D at least tmac doesnt try and start a punchon with duncan