PDA

View Full Version : Toros vs. Vipers on VersusTV, NOW...

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
D-League playoffs semis. You can check out Gee and Jerrells.

jimo2305
04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
and im stuck here at work.. i hate my life..

LakerHater
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
and im stuck here at work.. i hate my life..

DirecTv doesnt carry Versus!

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Jerrells looks nice. Gee's been stuffed his last two attempts. :lol

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Marcus W gets Gee an easy dunk in transition.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Nice back down and reverse pivot bucket for Gee.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Gee looks more like a 3 to me. Gets a post up hoop from behind the backboard. :lol

FlAVaK
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Is this just on local TV or is there any Live-Stream?

Thanks in andvance...

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Is this just on local TV or is there any Live-Stream?

Thanks in andvance...

Versus is actually a distributed channel. Not all cable/satellite providers have it, though.

TWC, FTW!!

Behrooz24
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Thx, watchin now

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure seeing the d-league in HD is a good thing. :lol

RGV 29
AUS 26

end of 1.

EricB
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Actually DirecTV does have Versus.

Time Warner can shove their crappy service up their butts.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Jerrells bombing from three!! Two in a row. 41-31 Toros. Better passing and ball movement this quarter from Austin.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Actually DirecTV does have Versus.

Time Warner can shove their crappy service up their butts.

I've had one service call in 10 years, and that's hardly a big enough sample to make an assessment. YMMV.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Jerrells with the finish and the And1. 44-34 Toros.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Jerrells is actually showing a decent right hand for a Southpaw.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Gee finishes and draws the And1. Makes the FT. 51-41 Austin.

Gee 11p/5r 5-9 FGs

exstatic
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Gee from three. 54-44

EricB
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Hopefully Austin can win this series and get to the finals.

Would like to go back to Austin and see a game. Toros games are interesting :lol

exstatic
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
There's definitely some talent there, but also lots of guys just wearing uniforms.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
62-57 at the half. Toros got careless with the ball and RGV cut into the lead.

DesignatedT
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
jerrells with 20 already.

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Appreciate it, ex. :toast

I don't have Versus (and just recently discovered my ESPN Classic has been replaced by ESPN U :huh) so thanks for the commentary. :tu

ChumpDumper
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Hopefully Austin can win this series and get to the finals.

Would like to go back to Austin and see a game. Toros games are interesting :lolDude, I yelled "Eric" at who I thought was you before the last game.

No response.

The Toros almost pissed the game away at the end today.

Jerrells might have had 40 had he finished some layups.

Squeaky Johnson came through big scoring off the bench.

Gee was hitting inside and out. He's an NBA scorer but was giving up the middle way too much on D.

Holding Mike Harris to eight points was a miracle.

BackHome
04-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I think the Spurs will be able to keep two of the following on there roser next year who do you think makes the cut. Jerrels/Temple/Gee/Hairston ?

I realy like what Temple has shown so far just needs to add about ten pds of muscle and can play backup PG or 'SG. Hairston has been OK just haven't seen enough but I guess the question is Jerrels a better pg then Temple and is Hairston better then Gee?

EricB
04-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Dude, I yelled "Eric" at who I thought was you before the last game.

No response.

The Toros almost pissed the game away at the end today.

Jerrells might have had 40 had he finished some layups.

Squeaky Johnson came through big scoring off the bench.

Gee was hitting inside and out. He's an NBA scorer but was giving up the middle way too much on D.

Holding Mike Harris to eight points was a miracle.

No shit? I apologize. I can't hear that good and if you yelled my name I didn't hear it. Apologies, come say hi next time the toros are at home. I'll b there...

Biggems
04-18-2010, 01:54 AM
I think the Spurs will be able to keep two of the following on there roser next year who do you think makes the cut. Jerrels/Temple/Gee/Hairston ?

I realy like what Temple has shown so far just needs to add about ten pds of muscle and can play backup PG or 'SG. Hairston has been OK just haven't seen enough but I guess the question is Jerrels a better pg then Temple and is Hairston better then Gee?

I doubt we keep Mason around....and if Jefferson opts out, that gives us 2 holes to fill along the wing.

Manu, Bogans, Parker, and Hill all look to be hear next season. I strongly believe Temple has earned a place on the roster for next season. Hairston, I hope, will be on the team. As far as Gee or Jerrels, I do not know. I have a feeling only one of those two will be on the roster.

Austin_Toros
04-18-2010, 05:51 AM
D-League playoffs semis. You can check out Gee and Jerrells.

and Williams.

exstatic
04-18-2010, 11:50 AM
and Williams.

Williams is a d-league lifer. If you're skinny in the NBA, you'd better have either ungodly springs or quickness. He has neither.

exstatic
04-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I doubt we keep Mason around....and if Jefferson opts out, that gives us 2 holes to fill along the wing.

Manu, Bogans, Parker, and Hill all look to be hear next season. I strongly believe Temple has earned a place on the roster for next season. Hairston, I hope, will be on the team. As far as Gee or Jerrels, I do not know. I have a feeling only one of those two will be on the roster.

I don't see Bogans being here next year. He isn't signed, and I think they can get most, if not all of what he brings from the kids.

Hairston, Gee, Temple, and Jerrells are signed to unguaranteed contracts for next year. I can see three of them making the club.

BackHome
04-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree that Bogans can make way for either Hairston or Gee who ever is a better defender. I don't think though that we keep all three just for the fact that if we release Bonner we have only ONE person on our team who is taller then 6'9...Timmy.

Please don't say Ian will be back next year......................

exstatic
04-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree that Bogans can make way for either Hairston or Gee who ever is a better defender. I don't think though that we keep all three just for the fact that if we release Bonner we have only ONE person on our team who is taller then 6'9...Timmy.

Please don't say Ian will be back next year......................

There's the probability of Splitter, and/or a draft pick, but frankly, I don't see Bonner going anywhere anytime soon, as much as that disappoints a segment of the board.

Oh, and Dice is 6'9", and he'll most likely (85%) be back. He has a trade kicker, and that makes him almost unmovable this summer.

NFGIII
04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Watched the game yesterday and it was fun. The Toros almost blew it but give them credit, they got the job done. I was especially impressed that this team has 6 rookies on it while RGV is considered a vet team.

If it boils down to Gee vs. Jerrells I would opt for Gee. He has the NBA body and can score but as CD stated he lacks the D in the middle right now to be playing on that level(implied -apologies if wrong), especially with Pop being the head coach.

As for Jerrells he almost lost the game regardless of his efforts. That lazy hand off that resulted in a TO late 4th Q was inexcusable. He lacked focus and paid for it. Imagine if he had done that on the Spurs? Pop would have killed him. If he cleans up that mental aspect of his game and converts more to those blown layups then he has a chance of getting more of a look in the NBA. Right now I would consider him somewhat of a tease. Just good enough to want to look at but not good denough to stick at the higher level.

Williams is a d-league lifer. If you're skinny in the NBA, you'd better have either ungodly springs or quickness. He has neither.

:tu

Dude is a toothpick. Reminded me of Shaun Livingston. And several times in the game the annoucers raved about him being "so smooth" - cue Santana.

Though he did look good you are correct - doesn't have the body and needs major weight to get to the next level.

I don't see Bogans being here next year. He isn't signed, and I think they can get most, if not all of what he brings from the kids.

Hairston, Gee, Temple, and Jerrells are signed to unguaranteed contracts for next year. I can see three of them making the club.

Hopefully Pop doesn't go into vet mode and keep Bogans. That is kinda of a wait and see situation. I really don' know what he is going ot do.

I think the first three make it but Jerrells needs more time.IMHO

ChumpDumper
04-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Agree about Jerrells. His defense is tremendously overrated on this board when you look at his performance in the D-League. Yesterday was no exception. Small ball was definitely making things more difficult without any shot blocker and confusion on rotations, but Jerrells too often let Will Conroy run unimpeded to easy layups, especially in transition.

Speaking of small ball, there was slightly less of it than I expected. I was surprised that when Luke Bonner was on the court, they still played him like he was six feet tall instead of seven. He was matched up with players half a foot shorter and he didn't post up once. New (to Austin, he's a D-League journeyman) center Cory Underwood didn't do much statistically but was +11 in five minutes of first half play simply by playing like a big man.

ace3g
04-19-2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2040900212

2nd quarter right now, Toros down so far

Biggems
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
damn the Suns for calling up Dwayne Jones

ChumpDumper
04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
damn the Suns for calling up Dwayne JonesIt was all a scheme to give their affiliate in Iowa an advantage in the playoffs.

Biggems
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
The Vipers got to the line a lot in the 3rd...13-1 advantage. I can live with this one, cause the Toros were doing nothing but shooting jumpers, while the Vipers were going at the hoop. That Harris guy is raping our defense.

ace3g
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
90-114

Biggems
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Vipers on fire in the 4th....start on a 16-4 run to basically make this one an afterthought

ace3g
04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Harris proving why he is the MVP of the NBDL, 41 pts, 12 boards,