PDA

View Full Version : amare in the playoffs

boston.balla
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
This brotha has been beastin so hard the past couple of months it's unreal, he has been giving more facials than a God damn pron tube while playing very solid ball. I might even add that right now amare is the most entertaining player in the league.

What predictions do you have for him in the playoffs? Can he take it for more than one series to the next level(the 32/14/4 amare)? Will he facial somebody with so much hate as tolliver?

Will the suns make it to the wcf?

Here's to amare facialing the life out of someone (hopefully someone like bynum/gasol/other fake tough guy):toast

gm5k
04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
definitely looking forward to watching Amare in the playoffs. probably rooting for the Suns in the west if the Spurs can't make any noise.

pauls931
04-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I guess best case they can make the WCF, but they're definitely not better than LA, the Cavs or Orlando, probably not even Dallas and that hurts to just type that.

jdev82
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM
This brotha has been beastin so hard the past couple of months it's unreal, he has been giving more facials than a God damn pron tube while playing very solid ball. I might even add that right now amare is the most entertaining player in the league.

What predictions do you have for him in the playoffs? Can he take it for more than one series to the next level(the 32/14/4 amare)? Will he facial somebody with so much hate as tolliver?

Will the suns make it to the wcf?

Here's to amare facialing the life out of someone (hopefully someone like bynum/gasol/other fake tough guy):toast

the mystical inexplicable mystery of contract year rejuvenation.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
the mystical inexplicable mystery of contract year rejuvenation.

Or, he's healthy (had two eye surgeries) and getting low-post opps (used as a face-up big) for the first time since 2007.

I'll say that if he leaves. Nash dominates the ball and is best suited as a shooter as a pull-up, not spot up, which means most of his work comes via pic-n-roll. While it benefits Amare on many occasions, Amare's game has gotten better not because of more of these scenarios, but because he is creating offense for himself, either off the dribble on slower guys, or in the low post on smaller guys.

He's had the ability for while, but it was unpolished, turnover prone and stalled the offense. Now, it's making the offense more efficient.

Amarelooms
04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
AmareLOOMS

:elephant

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I have a feeling Amare is going to dominate in 90% of the playoff games. The question is if the whole Suns team is going to back him up.

Bob Lanier
04-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, he won't really be "dominating" the opponents if they don't, now will he?

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, he won't really be "dominating" the opponents if they don't, now will he?
Well, Amare could have played his heart out, getting 9 or 10 rebounds, 27 points, and 1 or 2 blocks. But if everyone else is playing like shit, then it's hard to see the Suns go past the 2nd round.

MavDynasty
04-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I remember a few years back Amare averaged somethig like 39.5 pts per game against San Antonio or something like that. He is a fucking beast

Goran Dragic
04-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Amare has always been good about bullying niggas in the playoffs, the problem is that Nash, Kurt Thomas and Amare were the only players on the Suns who felt like stepping up against the Spurs. Everyone else crawled into a fetal position and played like a girl trapped in a bathroom with Ben Roethlisberger.

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I remember a few years back Amare averaged somethig like 39.5 pts per game against San Antonio or something like that. He is a fucking beast
Yep, against Duncan guarding him as well. I respect that man and he's one of my favorite NBA players.

Bob Lanier
04-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, Amare could have played his heart out, getting 9 or 10 rebounds, 27 points, and 1 or 2 blocks. But if everyone else is playing like shit, then it's hard to see the Suns go past the 2nd round.
Oh, I agree; I just view a "dominating" performance as controlling either the offense or the defense, and of course that demands some degree of assistance from everyone else on the floor. He can get every shot and every pass he wants perfectly, but if his teammates don't make their shots or he himself misses every uncontested layup and jumpshot, I wouldn't call it dominating.

And although he was very, very good against the Spurs four or five years ago, I'd hesitate to call his performance dominant because the offense wasn't being run through him at the time; he was more or less just a finisher. Right now his offensive skillset is a lot larger and he can be a low-post creator who can dominate his opponents. We'll see.

pauls931
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Amare has always been good about bullying niggas in the playoffs, the problem is that Nash, Kurt Thomas and Amare were the only players on the Suns who felt like stepping up against the Spurs. Everyone else crawled into a fetal position and played like a girl trapped in a bathroom with Ben Roethlisberger.

Ok, who the fuck hacked DoK's account!?

Xylus
04-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Amare is going to average 33 and 12 in these playoffs.

When you're an opposing coach game-planning defensively for the Suns, you can do one of two things:

1. Focus the defense on Amare, and hope that Nash and the 3-point shooters don't kill you. In this scenario, it's very likely the Suns are going to kill you offensively, but they'll rebound poorly on the offensive glass. If the 3-point shots aren't falling, the Suns are beatable.

2. Focus the defense on everyone else, play straight-up man-to-man defense, and let Amare have his. If you do this, Amare will likely drop 40 without breaking a sweat because no one in this league can stop him one-on-one. The Suns will rebound slightly better, but 3-point attempts drop dramatically. This is the Popovich approach, and it works well if you have focused perimeter defense.

If the Blazers go mostly with Scenario 2, Amare's stats will be otherworldly.

MateoNeygro
04-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Amare is a freaking beat for sure. Every time he plays the Spurs he just absolutely shits on them. Got to respect his O.

poop
04-18-2010, 05:04 AM
this guy (even though he cant read) is the best dunker in the NBA. howard included.
this bastard has pulled off more impressive shit during games than ANYONE ive ever seen..he will catch the ball then rise up and you think 'oh hes gonna do a floater' but then he just keeps hanging in the air and moving forward and then he just DUnks it and its like How the fuck did he just do that????

maybe he needs a world class PG to feed him, and maybe hes a bbiq retard whocan only play offense...but this guy is one of the best most impressive unstoppable finishers the game has ever seen.

Bob Lanier
04-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Focus the defense on everyone else, play straight-up man-to-man defense, and let Amare have his. If you do this, Amare will likely drop 40 without breaking a sweat because no one in this league can stop him one-on-one.
Oh, come on. Stoudemire's scored 40 points or more sixteen times in his entire career, including a grand total of twice this season. He's scored 40 or more points a grand total of three times in his playoff career, all in 2005.

Thirty I'll give you; he's a gifted scorer who can hit his free throws. 40 "without breaking a sweat" is not something you could have said about Michael Jordan or Shaquille O'Neal in their primes.

Bob Lanier
04-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Players who have averaged 33 points per game over a playoff season:
Michael Jordan (7 times), Hakeem Olajuwon (2 times), LeBron James (once), Bernard King (once), Gilbert Arenas (once), Tracy McGrady (once), George Gervin (once).

pauls931
04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Where's all this amare love coming from? I know everyone deep inside wanted him on their team, but just spews he plays no D, product of Nash, etc... True feelings coming out finally? Damn, I hope he stays...

boston.balla
04-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Where's all this amare love coming from? I know everyone deep inside wanted him on their team, but just spews he plays no D, product of Nash, etc... True feelings coming out finally? Damn, I hope he stays...

amare plays what you want to see .. athletic non iq dunk the fuck on everyone that is between him and the basket :lol. I personally adore his dunks because he really dunks on people, not like dwight who dunks alot by making space and then dunking. Amare facials people. And it's not a mistake facial a la lebron/wade cause they couldn't find a way around the defense it's that he wants to facial them. And he does it with hate as in "fuck you nigga ima dunk on your entire family and yo mouth will need removal surgery to get untied from my balls!!".

To conclude, I like amare alot despite all that he lacks because he is just so damn FUN to watch.

JMarkJohns
04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh, come on. Stoudemire's scored 40 points or more sixteen times in his entire career, including a grand total of twice this season. He's scored 40 or more points a grand total of three times in his playoff career, all in 2005.

Thirty I'll give you; he's a gifted scorer who can hit his free throws. 40 "without breaking a sweat" is not something you could have said about Michael Jordan or Shaquille O'Neal in their primes.

If Portland plays Amare straight up with Aldridge or Camby, I think Amare at least doubles his 40-point output this season if the series goes five, if not scores 40+ three times.

It's the combination of defensive elements that make this series unique.
Many teams during the regular season double Amare, which stifles his production a bit, and opens up the floor for others. When allowed to feast on one-on-one matchups, Amare typically has. Duncan was a superior post defender and he struggled vs. Amare in 2005 and 2007. Aldridge is well below average and Camby is merely average, neither are very strong post defenders, and Amare has historically had good outputs vs. the Blazers (though this "history" extends beyond this current roster). If Aldridge and Camby are to guard Amare alone, I think Amare averages 35+ ppg with a handful of 40+ games, if not generating closer to a 40-ppg average.

jestersmash
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Here's Hollinger's playoff probability of getting to the NBA finals for western conference teams, going into the season.

1. Phoenix
2. San Antonio
3. Utah
4. L.A.
5. Denver

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Amar'e is one of the most athletic players in the NBA. Even though his D is suspect, that mofo can score at will. The Suns would be fools to ever let him get away.

jestersmash
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Amare is the reason why I was praying we avoid the suns first round. History doesn't mean shit, it was very blatantly obvious that they would've wrecked us first round.

Dallas is far and away the easiest 1st round matchup for the spurs. It's not necessarily an easy matchup, but it's most definitely the easiest.

Roxsfan
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
He used to be only a great dunker, and a quick one at that--blink and you just got posterized. Then, he got the mid range J going and improved his FTs. Rox even tried to get him. Glad his eyes and knees seem to be doing good now.

Xylus
04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
amare plays what you want to see .. athletic non iq dunk the fuck on everyone that is between him and the basket :lol. I personally adore his dunks because he really dunks on people, not like dwight who dunks alot by making space and then dunking. Amare facials people. And it's not a mistake facial a la lebron/wade cause they couldn't find a way around the defense it's that he wants to facial them. And he does it with hate as in "fuck you nigga ima dunk on your entire family and yo mouth will need removal surgery to get untied from my balls!!".

To conclude, I like amare alot despite all that he lacks because he is just so damn FUN to watch.

Kinda like this:

rpudM0eQ-ho

Xylus
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
YQPThskO6q8

Biggems
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
The Spurs strategy was to let Amare go off, but stop everyone else.....it worked out well, wouldn't you say? Amare's stats were inflated, but everyone else's dropped off.

Xylus
04-18-2010, 01:21 PM
The Spurs strategy was to let Amare go off, but stop everyone else.....it worked out well, wouldn't you say? Amare's stats were inflated, but everyone else's dropped off.

I think it's wrong to say Amare's stats were inflated...he earned every single point and rebound in a one-on-one situation. It's not like the Spurs left him open or anything.

That strategy worked against the Suns because the role players couldn't create their own offense. They relied too much on Nash. This year's team doesn't have that same problem. Nash goes to the bench and the offense doesn't stop one bit.