PDA

View Full Version : Question about Clippers fanbase

Pelicans78
04-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Do they really have any hardcore fans or are they just people who couldn't get tickets to the Lakers games?

Seriously, with both teams playing in the same arena since 1999, why would a kid growing up in So Cal want to be a Clippers fan when the Lakers are right there.

noob cake
04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Do they really have any hardcore fans or are they just people who couldn't get tickets to the Lakers games?

Seriously, with both teams playing in the same arena since 1999, why would a kid growing up in So Cal want to be a Clippers fan when the Lakers are right there.

Some people don't want to be fans of the evil empire

PGDynasty24
04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Those are the people who just want to be "unique",but they are born losers

JoeTait75
04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Some people like to be contrarian. Same reason there are Michigan fans in Ohio.

N4th4n
04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Some people are born losers, there's nothing you can do about that.

I am glad you are so self-aware!!

Bob Lanier
04-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Some people like to be contrarian. Same reason there are Michigan fans in Ohio.
Well, there's contrarian, and then there's not fucking your sister even though the rest of your village is one big incestuous family.

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 05:30 PM
My roommate is a Clipper fan, and he's always hopeful every year that they make it to the playoffs. At the same time, he knows that the owner is a cheap bastard and doesn't know how to hire a good head coach. It's better being a Clipper fan from the beginning than being some bandwagon Laker fan anyways.

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
How would you know? You are neither. Clipper fans are looked at like welfare recipients. They should be lucky we let them live in LA.
When is the last time Clippers had a good coach? Mike Dunleavy was good for one year, but they really didn't have an identity after that.

Bob Lanier
04-17-2010, 05:39 PM
When is the last time Clippers had a good coach?
http://www.depressedfan.com/img/OldSchoolLarryBrown032709.jpg, 1993.

kamikazi_player
04-17-2010, 06:01 PM
What good coach in his right mind would go there.
I bet if they got a good reputation, I don't see why coaches wouldn't want to go there. But the thing is they don't have good rep. They have already Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, B.Diddy(even if he's wearing out because of age), and +max salary to contend with in the future(reason why they traded Camby). The question is that can they bring a guy that be a player that can lead this franchise, ie. D. Wade, Bosh, or maybe Gay or JJ. If they bring one of those guys and show that they are serious playoff contenders, we'll see many coaches want to come here. Think about the Cavs, they had no future until Lebron came in, and now they are one of the top teams of the NBA.

weebo
04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
As soon as the lakers start losing again and by some miracle the clips start winning, all these laker assholes will become clipper fans.

Donkeybong
04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I had a friend that used to be a Laker fan, but became a clipper fan when they traded away Eddie Jones because Kobe was coming into his own. Eddie was one of my all time favorite Lakers, but I dont change allegiances just because one of my favorite players gets traded away.