PDA

View Full Version : Weird Omens

jermaine
04-17-2010, 06:23 PM
This mite sound crazy but do anyone here has anything they feel they can't do or have to do in order for the Spurs to win or lose? Like I feel like I can't bet on the Spurs or they lose so I bet on the other team cuz I feel faith is going to teach me a lesson about betting against my team. Or if its a close game I have to turn the channel for at least 30 mins an when I turn back the Spurs will be up by 3 at least. Call me crazy but I BELIEVE!

Obstructed_View
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
My wife and I went to a Spurs game at the Alamodome when Rodman got 20 boards in the first half against Dallas. The Mavs were up by several points when my wife got up to go to the restroom, and the Spurs were up ten when she came back. I'd jokingly send her to the restroom when the Spurs were down after that. :)

DPG21920
04-17-2010, 06:58 PM
When ever the Spurs are down, I force myself to vomit on someone and they always make a comeback.

Wait, that is when I root for the Phillies.

maddnezz
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
When ever the Spurs are down, I force myself to vomit on someone and they always make a comeback.

:lol:downspin::lol:rollin
classic!

manufan4life
04-17-2010, 07:31 PM
My Spurs Game Omen Is We Cannot Turn On The TV, Or Use The Computer. Also We Must Send My Step Father Outside To Sit In The Car And He Cannot Go Upstairs On Gamedays

Libri
04-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Dude! :lol

NewJerSpur
04-17-2010, 10:42 PM
It used to be that I had to listen to every game on mute or have music playing in the background so I couldn't hear the commentary, but I'm starting to get away from that a bit.

I still almost refuse to watch a game with anyone else present in the room though....I tend to act a bit uncivilized/crazy, lol.

Dex
04-17-2010, 10:49 PM
If the Spurs are staging a comeback, I won't mention anything about it until they have actually tied the game or gotten back into the lead.

Inevitably, if I spurt out a "Spurs are comin' back" or something, they always seem to flop on their run.

longhorn
04-17-2010, 10:55 PM
My Spurs Game Omen Is We Cannot Turn On The TV, Or Use The Computer. Also We Must Send My Step Father Outside To Sit In The Car And He Cannot Go Upstairs On Gamedays

And to capitalize every word?

BanditHiro
04-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I' am not superstitious because i know it is really unlucky to be superstitious.

Interrohater
04-18-2010, 01:22 AM
I' am not superstitious because i know it is really unlucky to be superstitious.

:lol

Here's something for you:

In 2005, I watched the Spurs in the Finals on a tiny 3in. TV because the Army had decided to move me during the playoffs.

In 2006, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

In 2007, I watched and missed some of the games in the Finals because the Army decided to send me to training in the deserts of California.

in 2008, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

in 2009, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

in 2010, I will hopefully be able to watch all of the games because the Army decided to Stop-loss me and send me to Iraq.

Game 1 is on at 0300 here, I'll be watching.

mrsmaalox
04-18-2010, 01:32 AM
^^^I think we've found our lucky charm! ;)

ajGambino
04-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Whenever the Spurs are down, I start to show no emotion. No getting up and cheering for a 3, dunk...nothing. Just sit down and watch the game. It's a tradition that I can't seem to get rid of because most of the time, it works..lol.

It's not fun...but I'll be damned if the Spurs lose 'cause of me!

NewJerSpur
04-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Whenever the Spurs are down, I start to show no emotion. No getting up and cheering for a 3, dunk...nothing. Just sit down and watch the game. It's a tradition that I can't seem to get rid of because most of the time, it works..lol.

That's actually also a good way to balance your emotions so if/when they do lose said game, you are a bit more even-keeled than the average fan.

Interrohater
04-18-2010, 02:04 AM

Haha! I'm exactly the same way! I won't start to cheer until they've recaptured the lead. I don't want to upset the delicate balance of momentum! If they're on a roll, I will not be the one to disturb it!:lol

MateoNeygro
04-18-2010, 05:35 AM
If the Spurs are staging a comeback, I won't mention anything about it until they have actually tied the game or gotten back into the lead.

Inevitably, if I spurt out a "Spurs are comin' back" or something, they always seem to flop on their run.

HAHAHA I do the same thing. I don't want to jinx it I guess. Also ever since McGradys 8 pts in 30 secs or whatever, I never assume we've won until the last whistle sounds. Also just as traumatizing was Fisher's 0.4 I truly believe it was over when Tim hit that falling down long distance shot.

MateoNeygro
04-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Damn I hate talking about the 0.4 and the Manu foul against Dirk, those are 2 of the most traumatizing and awful events in my sports watching life. That and Romo's botched hold against the Seahawks that one year.

blkroadrunners
04-18-2010, 05:55 AM
I just watch the game, and just pray the Spurs or whomever I root don't screw up.

SpurmzKilla
04-18-2010, 07:09 AM
This mite sound crazy but do anyone here has anything they feel they can't do or have to do in order for the Spurs to win or lose? Like I feel like I can't bet on the Spurs or they lose so I bet on the other team cuz I feel faith is going to teach me a lesson about betting against my team. Or if its a close game I have to turn the channel for at least 30 mins an when I turn back the Spurs will be up by 3 at least. Call me crazy but I BELIEVE!

damm yo nigguz iz crazy nonstop. how did u figgaitout? mr fundamental calls yo booky and dis nigga named jermaine put a bet on da spurmz he says hey man i ain't bringing da a game tonite.

pfftt spumrzland really is pathetic in the new decade, fans resort in to superstissin to believe in they team.

it cool boy, just accept the power of laker nation and you be back to cheerin the number champ rainin world champion!

Interrohater
04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
damm yo nigguz iz crazy nonstop. how did u figgaitout? mr fundamental calls yo booky and dis nigga named jermaine put a bet on da spurmz he says hey man i ain't bringing da a game tonite.

pfftt spumrzland really is pathetic in the new decade, fans resort in to superstissin to believe in they team.

it cool boy, just accept the power of laker nation and you be back to cheerin the number champ rainin world champion!

self-imposed idiocy... I love it

shingo_318
04-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Operant Response

An operant response is a behavior that is modifiable by its consequences. When behavior is modified by its consequences, the probability of that behavior occurring again may either increase (in the case of reinforcement) or decrease (in the case of punishment).

For example, speeding through a red light may lead to getting struck broadside by another vehicle. If this consequence follows such a response, then the likelihood of a person's responding in the same way under similar conditions should drop significantly.

It is also possible for temporal or topographical properties of behavior to be modified by reinforcement (in the case of response differentiation).

http://www.psychology.uiowa.edu/Faculty/Wasserman/Glossary/opresponse.html

draft87
04-18-2010, 11:00 AM

Here's something for you:

In 2005, I watched the Spurs in the Finals on a tiny 3in. TV because the Army had decided to move me during the playoffs.

In 2006, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

In 2007, I watched and missed some of the games in the Finals because the Army decided to send me to training in the deserts of California.

in 2008, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

in 2009, I was at home and watched the whole season and playoffs.

in 2010, I will hopefully be able to watch all of the games because the Army decided to Stop-loss me and send me to Iraq.

Game 1 is on at 0300 here, I'll be watching.

oh yeah, I remember seeing your post before you left for Iraq again. I guess it wasn't as long as ago as it seems.... good luck to you and your fellow troops. I hope you get home safely even it means less titles. :toast

I was actually going to write a similar coincidental experience with the title runs. There's a trend in the even the years that hopefully changes!

2003- US
2004- Korea, came back in the middle of the 2nd round
2005- US
2006- Korea, came back in the middle of the 2nd round
2007- US
2008- US
2009- US
2010- Korea, but I am not coming back until the end of summer. Hopefully it remains a coincidence that the Spurs play a heartbreaking Conference Semis when I arrive back in the States. I'm staying here so the Spurs make a run at the title!

:flag::lobt::flag:

Interrohater
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Hmmm.... coincidences? I think not!

Frenzy
04-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I only eat after half time if the spurs are ahead.

I then vomit if they start losing... ok no I don't I jest. But the 1st half is true.

jack sommerset
04-18-2010, 11:52 AM
This is a weird one. When a key player on the opposing team goes down with an injury, SA wins.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 11:58 AM
When the Spurs are winning, I jump around and scream like a madman.

When the Spurs are losing, I jump around and scream like a madman.

Whisky Dog
04-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I try to practice my telepathy by mentally forcing a raging headache onto enemy players.

Ok, maybe not but would be cool if that could happen.

Gutter92
04-18-2010, 12:07 PM
For every point we score, I turn the light on and off once. Then I get up to make sure all the doors are closed, and proceed to count the score of each team by 2s and have to restart if somebody scores before I get to the score.

gospursgojas
04-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I always have to see the jump ball and cant blink

nbaman99
04-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm blocking shots with my hand watching on the TV screen, lol. Most of the time it works, specially on the 3's from other teams.

jermaine
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
It used to be that I had to listen to every game on mute or have music playing in the background so I couldn't hear the commentary, but I'm starting to get away from that a bit.

I still almost refuse to watch a game with anyone else present in the room though....I tend to act a bit uncivilized/crazy, lol.

I swear I'm the same way. I never let friends, women, or my kids visit. (They live with their mom). I'm just learning to let my woman come over because if we lose she love to make me feel better & willing to do whatever it takes! OYea

SpursTillTheEnd
04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
My Also We Must Send My Step Father Outside To Sit In The Car And He Cannot Go Upstairs On Gamedays
Lmao that's messed up

austN Spur
04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I have to get a six pack of beer AT LEAST

go spurs go

I also don't like to wear championship shirts unless its a series closing out game. I also give a F what that dumb laker guy think its all in good fun

NRHector
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Sometimes I pray to St.Manu, patron of the Spurs, and makes some weird miracles

Sisk
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
For every point we score, I turn the light on and off once. Then I get up to make sure all the doors are closed, and proceed to count the score of each team by 2s and have to restart if somebody scores before I get to the score.

i would hate to watch a game with you.

TE
04-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Mind my rudeness and whatnot, but are you retarded? You deliberately spell ever word wrong. Just get the the point dude.

Stringer_Bell
04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I just yell at the TV and say "GET A STOP", "RELAX", "DON'T GIVE UP"...and if I say it enough times (actual number unknown) they usually fight back for the win!

Also, when I watch games at home I drink Mexican sodas (Mandarin and Tropical Punch) and that usually means a win.