PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce: SNF: Henderson vs. Shields

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Anyone?

Mousasi done fucked up; Big Mo's power and the toll it'd take was underestimated.

And the new LHC . . .

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID9970/images/091215233743Muhammed_Lawal.jpg

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Melendez - Aoki ...

First time seeing Aoki; not impressed.

Either the guy was overwhelmed with the moment, overmatched, overrated, or his style tends to be just too one-dimensional against a stronger, solidly skilled fighter.

Melendez made him look ordinary, possibly scared, and he would've got stopped had it not been for Yamasaki's help.

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:16 PM
10 - 8 round

Sir Loin
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
shields made this a way more competitive fight

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Memo to Hendo: Don't try to be something you're not.

He was completely in control and looked to be the father to Shields son but went for a sub and payed dearly for it; Hendo's looked absolutely turrible on his back against Silva and now Shields (not that it was ever his strength).

Maybe the back and weight drop has played its part ... but Hendo's getting dominated on the mat; he needs an overhand right stat . . .

Sir Loin
04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I bet dana is happy he let hendo go

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:35 PM
embarrassing

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Workman-like efforts across the board for the winners.

Something I'm sure CBS is ecstatic about . . .

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Bully beatdown

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Shields looked so amped and confident to start the fight but when he took one behind the ear and one on the button a few seconds later ... it looked like sianara, Jack.

Hendo really fucked up going to the ground trying to transition from the crucifix to the rear-naked and it was all downhill from there; that was brutal (as in embarrassingly uncompetitive).

Behrooz24
04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
LMAO. Am I dreaming or did that just happen?!

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
mayhem getting his ass kicked by the ceaser gracie crew
yup that happened

scott
04-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Can someone fill me in on what happened with Meyhem? We had it on one of the TVs at the bar, but no sound and only half paying attention...

Will definitely need to tune into the Jason Ellis Show Monday to hear what Meyhem has to say.

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:48 PM
mayhem went up to shields said I want a rematch and everyone kicked his ass for no reason

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:48 PM
WTF did I miss?

I heard something about Miller and the douchebag (whose name escapes me) saying what happened was uncalled for and that there was a time and place for that.

Did Mayhem try to stir some cuntrevussy to get a rematch?

ace3g
04-17-2010, 10:49 PM
it was funny, I thought Miller was just there to say " how about my rematch" didn't expect that afterwards, seemed most of the heat was between Miller and someone in Shields corner.

Shields did get a push in on Miller, but that escalated a lot further than I thought

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Like really kicked his ass or a pushing match-type thing?

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:50 PM
the diaz bros dont fuck around

BlackSwordsMan
Like really kicked his ass or a pushing match-type thing?

dude like 8-9 dudes jumped his ass kicking and punching him on the ground lead by the diaz bros

ace3g
someone like Miller would be the perfect fighter to go up against Silva. You either need someone crazy (Miller) or someone really aggressive.

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:51 PM
some guy grabbed the mic and kept saying WE'RE ON NATIONAL TV GUYS and then CBS cut to commercial

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
No Shit?!?

I can't believe I just missed that going to get a beer; since when is the excitement of fight night left for after completion of the fights? :lol

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Someone better get this shit on Youtube . . .

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
they showed the replay and it showed shields getting some hits in too

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 10:56 PM
mayhem didnt deserve that he came in smiling and his crew went apeshit for no reason

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nsyR3k5Pc&feature=player_embedded

ace3g
04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/04/ipt/1271563445.jpg

Blackjack
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
:lol

Yeah, I guess you'd call that an overreaction; Mayhem was smiling and had no malicious intent.

'We're on national television, gentleman!' 'These things tend to happen in MMA; alot of testosterone involved.' Gus Johnson is such a douche. :lmao

ace3g
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Ugly-brawl-mars-Jake-Shields-win-embarrasses-MM;_ylt=AkfWBZh.xRn81inWM82QbEc5nYcB?urn=mma,23489 1

polandprzem
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM

Yeah, I guess you'd call that an overreaction; Mayhem was smiling and had no malicious intent.

'We're on national television, gentleman!' 'These things tend to happen in MMA; alot of testosterone involved.' Gus Johnson is such a douche. :lmao

Good that thay turned the comertials on and kids were unable to see this violance.***Losers - movie - explosions, people killing eachother - kinda cool***
Video games with monsters so you can kill them and others - you can kill all !!! ***

That brutal mma

----------

Yea well Miller came with a smile and I thought they were fighting jokingly as Miller had smile at the begining oof the 'fight', but then it got serious.
I was all wow :wow

Stringer_Bell
04-18-2010, 12:05 AM
the diaz bros dont fuck around

They are straight up pussies, kicking a dude as he's kneeling down with 5 guys on top of him and hitting him in the kidneys as they get pulled away. Miller didn't need to steal Sheilds' thunder, that was a great win...and I was a Sheilds fan and Gilbert fan no doubt after tonight...but talk about overreaction. Damn.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm thinking about giving them a piece of my mind on facebook and seeing if they want to fight ghetto style. I can get to 170 in few months, I'll take that faggot Nate if anyone wants Nick. We'll probably be killed, whatever. :ihit

Henderson; In the first round thought Dana was crying to himself that he let Hendo go instead of giving him to Silva when nobody but Maia could. He got outworked and took his power/wrestling for granted. Poor show.

Aoki; Great chin, crappy everything else.

Strikeforce; I can't see them taking things to the next level, they don't have the depth of talent and aren't good at hyping the fights or putting on an entertaining show outside of the ring. That's what they need to compete with the UFC and it'd be a fun alternative...but don't have the creativity or passion for it so I think they are done in a year.

polandprzem
04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
They are straight up pussies, kicking a dude as he's kneeling down with 5 guys on top of him and hitting him in the kidneys as they get pulled away. Miller didn't need to steal Sheilds' thunder, that was a great win...and I was a Sheilds fan and Gilbert fan no doubt after tonight...but talk about overreaction. Damn.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm thinking about giving them a piece of my mind on facebook and seeing if they want to fight ghetto style. I can get to 170 in few months, I'll take that faggot Nate if anyone wants Nick. We'll probably be killed, whatever. :ihit

Henderson; In the first round thought Dana was crying to himself that he let Hendo go instead of giving him to Silva when nobody but Maia could. He got outworked and took his power/wrestling for granted. Poor show.

Strikeforce; I can't see them taking things to the next level, they don't have the depth of talent and aren't good at hyping the fights or putting on an entertaining show outside of the ring. That's what they need to compete with the UFC and it'd be a fun alternative...but don't have the creativity or passion for it so I think they are done in a year.

I can't take on Nick - I'm 240pounder and uexprienced on cutting weight to 205

Jake's standup is bad. Really he had nothing on Hendo there. However I was surprised that Dan was letting Shields take him down.
King Mo won with his wrestling as I assume. I only saw the last 3 minutes - gotta watch the fight. Damn Gegard should have won that and move to UFC. But he can go there no matter the loss.
UFC will capture Jake and arrange a meeting with GSP

Strikeforce might not be over ina year but in 2012 I don't see them going that far as well.

Still Fedor- werdum fight is not signed as I know ????

Oh well - I'm waiting for the card of 15th may

I wonder if Dana goes - "Strikeforce is a disgrace for the sport" :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-18-2010, 01:22 AM
:td Strikeforce is a Popdamn joke. Fedor needs to quit being a bitch, tell his management team to stuff it, and get his ass to UFC.

PuttPutt
04-18-2010, 01:27 AM
StikeFarce. lol

The TroutBum
04-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Seriously. That GayHard fight was an absolute travesty. King Mo? Who the fuck? Nice crown and GRILL mouthpiece... What a douche. I can't believe he won after being totally gassed after the first round. I really felt like I was watching the local shows here in Utah, it was that bad.

The Gilbert fight was decent though, so that's a plus. Of course, my wife deleted my recordings of the news and the show after the news (since I knew the Hendo fight would go way over the time limit) because she thought it was Jazz game stuff. Awesome. I got to see the intro's. I'm surprised that Hendo lost. What a shame.

Mayhem is the bomb.com -- and I hate those fucking beaner fucks.

Blackjack
04-18-2010, 02:47 AM
King Mo won with his wrestling as I assume. I only saw the last 3 minutes - gotta watch the fight. Damn Gegard should have won that and move to UFC. But he can go there no matter the loss.

It was a strange fight.

Mousasi openly talked about (or his trainers did) that he'd allow Mo to gas himself in the first and capitalize when he inevitably lost his power; which is precisely what happened in the first: Mousasi took some punishment, not too much, bided his time on the ground and allowed Mo to gas himself. It was all going according to plan.

Mo got round 1 on account of octagon control, pushing the fight and by staying on top for the majority of the round, but it seemed he won a battle on his way to losing the war.

Round 2 came about and Mousasi started to get the better of it, even landing some pretty nice strikes from the bottom that would eventually contribute to that eye of Mo's almost being closed. He'd close the round with some good shots to Mo and Lawal looked like he might've been finished had there been another minute or so; the guy was gassed.

Round 3 started as if Mousasi would finish it, landing some blows and Mo looking to not have much left, but about mid-way through the round, when Lawal withstood the punishment, he looked to compose himself and get a bit of a second wind. (Not really a second wind as much as the ability to breath.) He found the strength to start taking Gegard down, which he had done throughout, and started to score points; I gave Mo the round.

From there on out it looked like Mousasi was gassed. He didn't mount much of anything in retaliation to the takedowns and he strangely didn't attempt to many subs (really the whole night).

Gegard had a couple of moments landing shots and a couple of points you thought he might land a triangle or something, but it just never came; it just looked as if he executed the gameplan but didn't account for Mo's power or how much it would take out of him to go about fighting him that way.

Strange night.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
04-18-2010, 04:08 AM
forum run 2010

The TroutBum
04-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice Blue-Tooth, bra.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Hendo gettng worked over that bad last night was just crazy. Shields is good but shit, for him to just take down Hendo and beat him up for 20 min, WTF??? Hendo's career went from pretty hot to dead in the water in one fight. Dana is likely smiliing. I agree with Stringer, SF better step up their game or risk extinction. The announce crew is shabby, especially Shamrock, get him the hell out of there. Do i have to hear this washed up old nothing, shit talk Shields and try to pump up a fight between them. Someone send Frank Shamrock the memo

"You are washed up so be fuckin quiet"

Blackjack
04-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, the announce team is garbage; Gus Johnson is terrible, Shamrock's delusional and their expert's calling an arm triangle: 'some kinda side choke.'

It was absolutely crazy how that Hendo-Shields fight played out. Dan looked like he was in another league and he was just going to walk through Jake but it all turned when he went to the ground, tried to get a crucifix before transitioning to the rear-naked, and it was church from there on out.

There was talk of the weight loss and his back problems but I guess that would have to be the case for him against Silva then, huh; the guy looked like a turtle that got flipped onto its shell.

Brutal . . .

The TroutBum
04-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Shamrock is a turd, but I like that guy from Pride -- don't know his name, but he's got a good voice and knows his shit. Maybe it's because I got into MMA watching old Pride shit and he popped my cherry. /shrug.

desflood
04-19-2010, 09:17 AM
There are calls from every mma forum for Dana White to punish Nate Diaz for his role in the Saturday night debacle. This is ridiculous, of course. Not that he shouldn't be punished (I'd arrest him for assault and battery, myself), but the thought that Dana would be angry about it. Nate Diaz and his brother singlehandedly gave one of the UFC's most successful competitors a huge black eye - if anything, Nate gets a big hug and a raise from Dana for this :lol

desflood
04-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Someone send Frank Shamrock the memo

"You are washed up so be fuckin quiet"
This made me lol. I wouldn't have put it exactly that way, but it's an appropriate message. Well, perhaps I would have put the words "cheating" and "honorless" before the washed up part.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2010, 09:20 AM
There are calls from every mma forum for Dana White to punish Nate Diaz for his role in the Saturday night debacle. This is ridiculous, of course. Not that he shouldn't be punished (I'd arrest him for assault and battery, myself), but the thought that Dana would be angry about it. Nate Diaz and his brother singlehandedly gave one of the UFC's most successful competitors a huge black eye - if anything, Nate gets a big hug and a raise from Dana for this :lol

Yes everything went Dana's way and then some on Sat night

Stringer_Bell
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Yes everything went Dana's way and then some on Sat night

Can you imagine all the people that tuned in at 10:30 to watch the nightly news, then realize that there's a post fight interview going on and all hell breaks loose? Embarrassing...but that's what Strikeforce gets for looking like a half-assed promotion where their champions (Nick/Gilbert/Jake) can start fights wherever they want. :lol

Then their HW Champion hasn't defended his belt in YEARS, now he's fighting a guy coming off a loss while the guy that beat him doesn't even know if he's fighting? Adding everything up just makes it look worse and worse.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2010, 01:35 PM
This made me lol. I wouldn't have put it exactly that way, but it's an appropriate message. Well, perhaps I would have put the words "cheating" and "honorless" before the washed up part.

The announcers were actually saying during the telecast that Frank refused to sit in on the pre-fight meeting with Shields because they hate eachother.

Do i care about this? No
Is a fight between Shields and Shamrock remotely interesting? No

Stringer_Bell
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AreQe8vqyOyb8F4Y0QJK8IE9Eo14?slug=ki-whitereax041910

White also had harsh words for CBS play-by-player announcer Gus Johnson. Johnson said brawls happen in MMA when there is a lot of testosterone in the cage. White was also angered by Johnson’s commentary because he said he’s spent his career building his company to make sure that such incidents do not occur.

“When have you seen anything remotely close to that happen at a UFC event?” White said. “What kind of ridiculous commentary was that? That was an idiotic thing to say. And then he was yelling at them to stop, telling them they are on national television. That was just another example of how bush league they are.”

White said he is interested in signing Shields, who has two more months on his Strikeforce contract, but is not bound to the company beyond that despite holding its championship. He said Strikeforce “gambled on (the outcome) of fights” and put themselves in the position of having one of its champions bolt the promotion. White said it’s not the first time Strikeforce has done that.

“You never should gamble on fights,” White said. “They bet on (Melvin) Manhoef, (that he would beat Robbie) Lawler. Lawler was very unhappy and they wanted to get rid of him, but it backfired because he knocked Manhoef out. Then they treated Shields like (expletive), let his contract expire and they put all their money on Dan Henderson. “Now, Shields destroys Henderson and look where they’re at. That’s not how you do business.”

Also of note, apparently CBS had a thing with UFC but Showtime cut in and got the place instead. That sucks.

anakha
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Tweet of the year:

http://twitter.com/danawhite/status/12378117795

Blackjack
04-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Eloquent and concise. :tu

angelbelow
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
haha wow.. what an event.

dallaskd
04-19-2010, 11:24 PM

He has the best JJ in the LW division and possibly all of mma.

dallaskd
04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
whats sad about this whole thing is that shields is a really nice guy and probably would have laughed it off..

Stringer_Bell
04-20-2010, 12:06 AM

His JJ was totally neutralized by a dude that, IMO and probably most casual fans opinions, hasn't beaten anyone of real pedigree. You can't be one of the best JJ practitioners and not show a single sign of it for 5 rounds. Don't get me wrong, he's quick and I don't ever want to give him an arm or leg, but he got handeled yo.

EDIT: I just noticed that Sheilds also attempted to join the scuffle, not get away from it. Adrenaline after the match? 'Roid rage? Nate tossing a water bottle too. :p:

qB78TCylMBY

There's also some good videos of Nick getting cut up in a title match w/ KJ Noons, then challenging the guy after he defends his title (Nate participates in the shit storm too). These guys are hypocrites when it comes to "respect", but I will continue to watch their fights in hopes of seeing them get ripped apart.

The TroutBum
04-20-2010, 02:27 AM

You can't be serious.

polandprzem
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Yea I wanted to point that out this weekend what Dana said. That brawls happens in mma where there is full of testostereon :rolleyes

the worst thing he could say. Quadros knew this shit might ruin SF

WpS-XN0kLFE

dbreiden83080
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't want SF to fail but they need to make changes. New commentators and better presentations would help. They have to put on better cards more consistantly or they are going bye bye..

Stringer_Bell
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Yea I wanted to point that out this weekend what Dana said. That brawls happens in mma where there is full of testostereon :rolleyes

the worst thing he could say. Quadros knew this shit might ruin SF

I think you mistyped, but just in case you didn't, Dana DID NOT say this happens in MMA. Some dummy said it and Dana said that was stupid. He said it's never happened in the UFC because he has his fighters and rings under control. He also said he wouldn't punish Nate Diaz.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
His JJ was totally neutralized by a dude that, IMO and probably most casual fans opinions, hasn't beaten anyone of real pedigree. You can't be one of the best JJ practitioners and not show a single sign of it for 5 rounds. Don't get me wrong, he's quick and I don't ever want to give him an arm or leg, but he got handeled yo.

EDIT: I just noticed that Sheilds also attempted to join the scuffle, not get away from it. Adrenaline after the match? 'Roid rage? Nate tossing a water bottle too. :p:

qB78TCylMBY

There's also some good videos of Nick getting cut up in a title match w/ KJ Noons, then challenging the guy after he defends his title (Nate participates in the shit storm too). These guys are hypocrites when it comes to "respect", but I will continue to watch their fights in hopes of seeing them get ripped apart.

The entire mess just got started from the retards in the entourage. Shiields was not going to do anything, the idiots in the camp started it all..

dbreiden83080
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I think you mistyped, but just in case you didn't, Dana DID NOT say this happens in MMA. Some dummy said it and Dana said that was stupid. He said it's never happened in the UFC because he has his fighters and rings under control. He also said he wouldn't punish Nate Diaz.

If it was ever gonna happen it would have happened at UFC 100 when Brock wents nuts.

polandprzem
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Yup, I made shortcut :)

i wanted to say that it was the worst thing to say by Gus Johnson. He was feeling he was obligated to say something. National tv and stuff.
Quadros is realy good commentator

SF gives good cards. That was a good card with 3 title defenses. Next good one will be on 15th May and that's about it with big shows till autumn or winter.
they have other quite good shows, but it seems like UFC is getting stronger and stronger.
this is not the first time Dana adressed that that's not the way you do business. The guy knows the stuff. I remember when he just smirked at Affliction like he knew it will fall in year or so.

I wonder if fedor- Werdum fight will happen.

If not fedor can retire, that's how bad situation Fedor is in imo. And to be honest SF will be a show just for mma fans not mma fan-mases

dallaskd
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
You can't be serious.

As much as I hate the tights.. Give me one LW with a better JJ game..

The TroutBum
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
As much as I hate the tights.. Give me one LW with a better JJ game..

Uh, Penn? Florian? I hate both of those douche bags, but they're both light years better.

dallaskd
04-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Uh, Penn? Florian? I hate both of those douche bags, but they're both light years better.

I can tell you're either..

A. a new fan to mma
B. ignorant to japanese fighters

Im talking in terms of straight JJ. No one comes close to Aoki in the LW division when it comes to applying jui jitsu into a fight. Aoki's problem is that he is not very strong and is prone to get overpowered (i.e. fight with Mach, hansen I). But the guy has submitted Hansen twice, Alvarez, shaolin, and dominated JZ.. to say penn and florian are light years better shows how little you know. Aoki is highly regarded as top 5 LW around mma..

The TroutBum
04-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I can tell you that I'm relatively new to MMA -- that is, I've watched fairly religiously for about 3 years now. (is that new?)

Secondly, I guess you could say that I am ignorant to Jap fighters, since the only ones I've really seen are the guys from Pride, and the occasional one that makes his way to the UFC. I can only go by what I've seen, and Aoki was underwhelming at the very most. There is a reason he's in Strikeforce, and it's not because he's the top LW BJJ player in the world...

I will still stand by what I say that Penn and Florian are both better than Aoki, and those are just two that came to the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

Anyone besides the pot head and the noob want to weigh in on this?

Stringer_Bell
04-21-2010, 03:00 AM
I can tell you that I'm relatively new to MMA -- that is, I've watched fairly religiously for about 3 years now. (is that new?)

Secondly, I guess you could say that I am ignorant to Jap fighters, since the only ones I've really seen are the guys from Pride, and the occasional one that makes his way to the UFC. I can only go by what I've seen, and Aoki was underwhelming at the very most. There is a reason he's in Strikeforce, and it's not because he's the top LW BJJ player in the world...

I will still stand by what I say that Penn and Florian are both better than Aoki, and those are just two that came to the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

I thought that JJ and BJJ were different. Something like JJ is about wrecking people with quickness and strength and BJJ is about you being flexible and getting in and out of stuff. I was sold on Aoki being the one dude in the world that could fight BJ Penn head-on, but after his recent performance I'm not sure he can hang with Florian, BJ, Melendez, Henderson, Cerrone, or even that guy George Stirpolous (spelling?).

Sadly, I still think he'd beat up on Joe Daddy. :(

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Aoki was considered top2 fighter, but many fans were saying he is not strong enough to overcome the power in the cage and wrestling skills of the opponents.
Wehn BJ was so dominant Rogan was praising to bring Aoki in.

And he is not in SF he is in Dream, both organizations can exchange fighters.

dallaskd
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Aoki fights for Dream. He's like many Jap fighters who only stay in Japan and dont like to be tied to contracts. Probably because they fight in various grand prix for different orgs. Dream and Strikeforce swap fighters. Soku, Melendez, Diaz, and Mousasi do this frequently. Im sure the UFC would take Aoki in a second. Doubt many of the Japanese LWs ever come to the UFC. It took Gomi about 5 years. Definately a top 5 LW, but like a said is not very stong. He would wreck at 145.