View Full Version : Rockets Off-Season Thoughts Thread

La Mont
04-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Roxsfan
04-18-2010, 01:00 AM
WGAS right now. :toast

La Mont
04-18-2010, 01:17 AM
man the Rockets have loads of work to do in summer. ehh, uhh man James ain't coming nor is Wade, the best free agant we can fucking get is Chris Bosh. uhhh... no hate on yao but I don't see him coming back for next season. Joe Johnson would be nice too but I don't see any need for SG's upgrade when we already hav bags of guys playing SG.

La Mont
04-18-2010, 02:00 AM
uhhh... man we have two packages of plans for two separate scenarios, ahh...

miane if we want join back into the competition as soon as next season, we'll need to

1. trade yao for someone who still plays the game
2. ehhh... sign a inveterate star from FA market. not necessarily Joe Johnson or Bosh, but it has to be someone like Carlos Boozer at least.
3. umm... man Aaron Brooks needs to be trusted more. I know some you brothers hate him but he's by no means as egregious as a typical ball hobber that you often described him as. man he shoots the fukin ball on a decent rate and never loses his mind on court, his Turnovers are concerning sometimes but never have exceed the fucking limit of tolerance.

If we intend to tank another season for the further future, here are what were gonna need...

1. man we need a wicked draft this year but... our 1st round this year is now in Kings hand. Man fuck Ron Artest, fuck the Kings. man we need to play like real shit in 10-11 to get a good pick for 11 draft, then we're about to write our blueprint for 11-12 depending on how damn good our 11 draft is.

2. man keep yao till his contra retires

3. umm... Let scola go wherever he wants this year, just don't engage the 29yr to our long term for fuck's sake.

Kai
04-18-2010, 02:59 AM
man listen man we're gonna tank the next three years to get good draft pix man.

No one cares, especially on this forum, when the Rocket-less playoffs are going on. You'd have better luck on Clutchfans.

blink
04-18-2010, 03:23 AM
1. who cares => rockets arent going anywhere next year anyway, especially in a stacked western conference

2. who cares => it's the playoffs

3. resign lowry/scola. make a trade if it makes us better

4. ???

5. profit

poop
04-18-2010, 05:21 AM
ive always liked the Rockets(since '95), they play with Heart and Effort no matter what. they have been one of the most Overachieving teams in the NBA the last couple years...a TWENTY TWO game winstreak (incredible) and then taking the stacked Lakers to the edge whilst missing their two top players and top two bigs...
what an admirable franchise.well coached . with players with big time heart no matter what the odds.

Roxsfan
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
ive always liked the Rockets(since '95), they play with Heart and Effort no matter what. they have been one of the most Overachieving teams in the NBA the last couple years...a TWENTY TWO game winstreak (incredible) and then taking the stacked Lakers to the edge whilst missing their two top players and top two bigs...
what an admirable franchise.well coached . with players with big time heart no matter what the odds.

Well said. Now, I will be pulling for you guys today!

To the OP--Sorry, Yao is not going to be traded in the next 3 yrs. Yao will be back and hopefully will have his minutes limited and NOT play on 2nd nites of b2bs etc.

Adelman is going hard after veteran Brad Miller who knows his style of play and is really close and plays well with Kevin Martin. Morey and Les really listen to Adelman's views on player movement which is why we have Aaron Brooks, traded Rafer, have Kevin Martin, and possibly getting Brad Miller. The Rox can stay put and just add Yao and we should be a strong contender next year.

However, Morey is still trying to get another high-profile, star player this offseason. We have lots of young and experienced talent to put strong offers on the table. Our GM removes emotion from all of his deals and so really Yao is the only untouchable player right now. That is the reality of having such an overwhelmingly dominant 20 and 10 center who is also very fragile. Having said that, I also think A.B. and K. Mart are untouchable.

As hard as it will be, I'm expecting that Battier, Ariza and sadly even Scola could play for another team next year. It is really hard to guess what the franchise will do, but I think Yao has 3 yrs to produce a title and then it will be over for him here in Houson.

Muser
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Sign Bosh!!

djohn2oo8
04-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Sign Bosh!!

That's who Morey is goin after in a sign and trade. He'll also bring in another mid level piece, and bring in Miller

Indazone
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM
We get Brad Miller we really will be the Houston Kings only with Yao being the difference. I'm not going to make any predictions, just sit back and watch the wizard do his magic.

Get er done Morey!

Indazone
04-18-2010, 12:46 PM
At least with Brad Miller, Adleman gets his prototypical Center who can play high or low post. Be the control tower who can see over traffic and be the playmaker in his motion offense. Combine that with a Yao and Scola flexing up and down and that's nearlly impossible to stop when you consider that the defenses would have to sag down on the post player which opens up three point shooting guards or if the post players flex up, then that opens up the offense for backdoor cuts by the guards.