View Full Version : Noah - Garnett is a Dirty Player. I"m gonna say it.

Indazone
04-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Noah on Boston's Garnett: 'He's a dirty player'

April 18, 2010 12:20 PM | No Comments (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/noah-on-kg-im-going-to-say-it-hes-a-dirty-player.html#comments)

By K.C. Johnson ([email protected])
CLEVELAND -- As the league ponders whether to suspend Celtics forward Kevin Garnett for hitting Heat swingman Quentin Richardson (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/garnett-effort-to-help-teammate-led-to-technicals.html) in the face with an elbow, Bulls center Joakim Noah offered his opinion about Garnett.

"I'm going to say it: He's a dirty player," Noah said following Bulls practice Sunday.

Asked if he felt Garnett should be suspended, Noah went even stronger with his criticism.

"I don't make the decisions," Noah said. "But he's always swinging elbows man. I'm hurting right now because of an elbow he threw. It's unbelievable. He's a dirty player. It's one thing to be competitive and compete. But don't be a dirty player man. He's a dirty player.

"That's messed up. I'm really excited about that (Heat-Celtics) series. It's going to be fun. I hope they put (Jamaal) Magloire in."

Jamaal Magloire is a rarely-used big man for the Heat, with the obvious implication that he would foul Garnett hard.

"He knows what he's doing," Noah said. "It's messed up. It's wrong. It's not right. And then after that to say . . . whatever I shouldn't even be talking about this stuff. It's crazy."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/noah-on-kg-im-going-to-say-it-hes-a-dirty-player.html

As if we needed another reason to hate Garnett.

Muser
04-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Rofl

EmptyMan
04-18-2010, 12:45 PM
ahhh Remember in the NBA when dirty players got met with actual other dirtiness....on the court.

lol at this NBA.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Noah is tellin the truth, but he should be focused on not getting swept

TIMMYD!
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm getting pretty sick of Garnett's tough guy act.

TinTin
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Noah is tellin the truth, but he should be focused on not getting swept

:lmao

Biggems
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I grew up watching the Lakers/Celtics, Bad Boys, Heat/Knicks/Pacers, Bulls......yeah today's NBA is for whiny, self-entitled crybabies.

Garnet isnt dirty, he is a punk, a bitch. He never goes after those who are his size. He always goes after smalls. He is weak and pathetic. Just once I wish he would step to someone like Rasheed, Duncan, Shaq......but he wont cause he is a scared little bitch.

I think dirty plays are when a guy is in the air and you go after him and not the ball. Eduardo Najera has done this in the past. I also think anytime you purposely go for the balls, like Jason Terry or Reggie Evans, then you are a dirty player.

But when I think of the dirtiest players of all-time, I have to put Stockton and Malone at the top of my list. Stockton would go after nuts all the time. Malone was always elbowing people in the face, sometimes the temple. The league did nothing to either and so they continued their dirty ways.

benefactor
04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
ahhh Remember in the NBA when dirty players got met with actual other dirtiness....on the court.

lol at this NBA.
Indeed. Garnett would have already gotten his ass kicked multiple times if this was the 80's.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2010, 01:06 PM
wtf throws an elbow and runs away...

Biggems
04-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Indeed. Garnett would have already gotten his ass kicked multiple times if this was the 80's.

oakley and mahorn would have raped him in the lockerroom prison style

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
i agree noah should worry about his own series

but damn a love the fact pierce and garnett and gettin called out on their antics

angelbelow
04-18-2010, 01:28 PM
the biggest problem with KG is that hes not consistent. He only picks on guards which is absolutely pathetic. I wouldnt have as much of a problem with him if he was constantly picking fights with PF/Cs too.

Cane
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
KG's entourage must be covered with bruises from his elbows. Lets see if Dwight Howard keeps it up as well.

baseline bum
04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Garnet isnt dirty, he is a punk, a bitch. He never goes after those who are his size. He always goes after smalls. He is weak and pathetic. Just once I wish he would step to someone like Rasheed, Duncan, Shaq......but he wont cause he is a scared little bitch.

Not quite true. Garnett did slap Duncan in the head from behind when David Robinson and Joe Smith were about to fight in game 4 of the 99 first round. I guess he didn't really step to him though. It was funny how quick Garnett backed off Robinson when David shoved his punk ass out of the way to get to Smith.

mogrovejo
04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I grew up watching the Lakers/Celtics, Bad Boys, Heat/Knicks/Pacers, Bulls......yeah today's NBA is for whiny, self-entitled crybabies.

I think dirty plays are when a guy is in the air and you go after him and not the ball. Eduardo Najera has done this in the past. I also think anytime you purposely go for the balls, like Jason Terry or Reggie Evans, then you are a dirty player.

But when I think of the dirtiest players of all-time, I have to put Stockton and Malone at the top of my list. Stockton would go after nuts all the time. Malone was always elbowing people in the face, sometimes the temple. The league did nothing to either and so they continued their dirty ways.

False.

And Noah is a softie. Bruce Bowen was a dirty player, Garnett not so much.

Chief
04-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Fuck kevin garnett

Killakobe81
04-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Good start. We need to pick up the offense a bit ...

Killakobe81
04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Fish needs not to force the offense

Killakobe81
04-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Youngsters getting an early lesson on playoff ball ...

gm5k
04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Fish needs not to force the offense

um, wrong thread?

tlongII
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM

lol at this NBA.

Maurice Lucas would have delivered a beatdown to KG by now if he were playing.

BRHornet45
04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
sons the more money these players make, the softer they become.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Would've loved to see what the '80s Pistons would've done to KG. Laimbeer would've eaten him alive and shit him out before halftime.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I&feature=player_embedded

duncan228
04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Garnett, Richardson have no regrets about skirmish (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-celtics)
By Howard Ulman

Kevin Garnett doesn’t regret his role in a fracas by his opponent’s bench. Neither does the player he elbowed in the face.

Even if it might mean a suspension for both for the second game of their playoff series.

The pushing and woofing took place with 40 seconds left in the Boston Celtics’ 85-76 Game 1 win over the Miami Heat on Saturday night. Paul Pierce had fallen by the Heat’s bench, holding his right shoulder in apparent pain. Garnett leaned over, then held off Quentin Richardson, coming from behind, with his left forearm. Moments later, Boston’s passionate leader elbowed Richardson in the face.

“Not at all,” Garnett said calmly Sunday when asked if he regretted his actions. “I would hope if I was hurt or if I was down in that position someone would at least give me some space to sort of recover or to gather myself. That’s the only thing I was asking for.”

Richardson, one of Miami’s more emotional players, also shrugged off the idea of regrets.

“Me?” he said. “I didn’t do anything regretful. I didn’t throw any punches or swing on anybody.”

The NBA launched an investigation that could result in one or both of the players missing Tuesday night’s game. League spokesman Tim Frank said he didn’t know when a decision would be made.

Observers could view the altercation as the point at which playoff intensity soared.

They would be wrong, according to Pierce. He said he already had that feeling.

“You’ve got to understand. Both teams are playing for a championship,” he said. “There’s so much more at stake. It’s just like a prize fighter. When you fight for that goal, it’s not like the other fights. This has much more meaning.

“You’ve got to expect that tensions are going to rise, flare-ups, but the thing is just keep it in the framework of the game to where it doesn’t get out of hand.”

That may not be easy to do with players with the intensity of Garnett and Richardson. Still, their teammates appreciate them for that quality.

“That’s Q. I love him for it. Sometimes he can drive me crazy with it,” Miami’s Dwyane Wade said. “He’s a little bit more rah-rah than me. The guy’s tough. It’s embedded in his DNA. But most of all, he’s about winning. He’s about making sure he’s not outshone.”

Garnett is the same way. Even Richardson conceded that.

“He is trying to do what he can to help his team. I don’t have a problem with that,” Richardson said. “I’m going to do what I can to help my team.”

Richardson did a decent job in the opener with 15 points. But the Heat blew a 61-47 lead with 7:02 left in the third quarter and managed just 10 points in the fourth. Their 22 turnovers didn’t help. Neither did their loss of poise when faced by the Celtics’ scrambling defense.

“They try to push you to the limit. They try to bully you,” Wade said. “If you let them get in your head they’ll succeed at it. That’s what they do. I think for a couple minutes there they kind of got in our head.”

The Celtics forced the Heat into a speedup game and too many forced shots, both going against their style of play, said Wade, whose 26 points were more than seven fewer than his average in three regular-season games, all losses, against the Celtics.

Backup guard Tony Allen did an excellent job defending Wade. But he didn’t see any frustration from the Miami star.

“He’s really a poised guy,” Allen said. “He basically takes what the defense gives him. He got assists. He got rebounds. He got his points. He shot a good percent from the field.”

Pierce said he’s been getting treatment on his shoulder and it feels OK. His health would become more important if Garnett is suspended.

“If I’ve got to miss a game because of my actions defending a teammate, then that’s what it is,” he said, but “like Doc said, sometimes even when you’re right, you’re wrong. And a situation like that was totally classless” by Richardson.

Miami coach Erik Spoelstra doesn’t think the effects of the skirmish will linger.

“I’m sure it was just an isolated incident,” he said. “It’s not going to be about the last 40 seconds. This series is going to boil down to the game, which it should. It’ll probably be officiated a little bit tighter.”

Richardson said that he told teammate Jermaine O’Neal while Pierce was on the ground that the Celtic player was OK and just taking a break. After the game, Richardson called Pierce and Garnett “actresses.”

Pierce’s response came Sunday.

“I don’t get paid to act,” he said. “I get paid to play basketball.”

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
KG suspended 1 game.

baseline bum
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Damn, Garnett has been suspended for game 2. Weak.

gm5k
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
good job Q-Rich! got one of the actresses suspended :toast

duhoh
04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
garnett's such a wannabe :D