PDA

View Full Version : Confident Bynum = Laker dominance

DazedAndConfused
04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Only Cleveland has the horses to compete with this team right now.

Aziz Ansari
04-18-2010, 02:58 PM
What's Bynum's sperm taste like btw? Strawberry ice cream?

Pelicans78
04-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Wish we had Bynum roaming the paint instead of Okafor. Watching him right now is making me wonder if we should trade CP3 to get him. Wouldn't be a popular move in NOLA, but with Collison proving to be developing into a great PG......

Ghazi
04-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Well Bynum is a better player than Cp3 so thats a no brainer. imo

Pelicans78
04-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Collison > Dirk

Ghazi
04-18-2010, 03:06 PM
37-45

D-Wade #3
04-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Premature ejaculation, no wonder why Laker fan here cant get a girlfriend, much less keep one

Pelicans78
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
37-45

0-9 in New Orleans

cobbler
04-18-2010, 03:23 PM

Why would a thought like that enter anyones mind? Why would someones fanship for his own team bring out such images in another? Hmmmmm...

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I admit I am surprised.

Hey, I'll pull for the western champion to take it all. I earlier thought the Lakers would breeze through to the finals. Not convinced at this stage. Everyone but Portland, OKC, and Utah have a chance to win the west.

Aziz Ansari
04-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Why would a thought like that enter anyones mind? Why would someones fanship for his own team bring out such images in another? Hmmmmm...

Hahaha so it does taste like strawberry ice cream :lmao

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I just don't get why people hate on Bynum? Sure, he plays for an annoying team and he gets injured and he seems to have the work ethic of a bum, but he really is a very good player.

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I just don't get why people hate on Bynum? Sure, he plays for an annoying team and he gets injured and he seems to have the work ethic of a bum, but he really is a very good player.

Actually Bynum has a fantastic work ethic. Kobe approved even.

Nice try though.

Giuseppe
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
15 now, a lookin' for a 16 then. Me so a happy.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Nice try though.

No. He doesn't. "I could come back, but the regular season means nothing, so I will just let the other guys battle through injuries and play."

- Bynum

You mean "Ship his ass out" Kobe approves?

Giuseppe
04-18-2010, 05:07 PM
No. He doesn't. "I could come back, but the regular season means nothing, so I will just let the other guys battle through injuries and play."

- Bynum

You just a jealous a honkey lip. You a mad cuz a Manu take out a stuck fork and a throw into a sky and it a fall on top of a Duncan's head.

Go a Mavs, kick a FatAntonio ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah Bynum's attitude isn't there but you don't improve as much as he has since draft day with a crappy work ethic. Just look at how he shoots free throws now compared to his rookie year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:10 PM

- Bynum

That's more an attitude thing IMO. Work ethic for NBA players I've always viewed as eagerness to get better off the court and improve your game. Maybe our opinions vary there.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Work ethic is all encompassing. Look at his effort on the defensive end that people complain about. He gets upset if he is not getting his touches. He slacks off often in many different areas.

Sure, he will put in the work when it comes to improving his scoring and those opportunities, but any thing else is a coin toss.

I like Bynum a lot, but this is what I have seen, and is my opinion.

BadOdor
04-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Nice try though.

Son you're right, nothing says good work ethic like skipping practice to eat cold cereal.

Giuseppe
04-18-2010, 05:11 PM
^Hey, a KOBE with the pizza a face kissing a Lakers ass. You a good little boy. You ever a spend time in an Italian Catholic Church?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:13 PM
^Hey, a KOBE with the pizza a face kissing a Lakers ass. You a good little boy. You ever a spend time in an Italian Catholic Church?

Can't believe it took me this long to figure it out but....hi Cubby

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
No. He doesn't.

Yes he does. Well documented. You're just a rube that doesn't know any better.

No I mean Kobe "we're contenders with Andrew" (pre Gasol trade) Bryant and his praising of Drew's work ethic to the LA media multiple times.

Ghazi
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
dampwood > glassnum

Giuseppe
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
What a Cubby? I a Giuseppe, a Giuseppe Gambodoro. I live in close to a Chinese theater by stars in a cement.

I a look for 15 a more, so then I have a 16 then.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:18 PM
What a Cubby? I a Giuseppe, a Giuseppe Gambodoro. I live in close to a Chinese theater by stars in a cement.

I a look for 15 a more, so then I have a 16 then.

Randomly bringing up the Suns throwing a parade in 1993 for losing the finals is what gave it away. Good job though Cubby. Creative troll only your deranged mind could come up with.

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Work ethic is all encompassing. Look at his effort on the defensive end that people complain about. He gets upset if he is not getting his touches. He slacks off often in many different areas.

Uninformed people like you complain about his defensive because you don't actually watch Laker games on a consistent basis. Bynum was a big part of why the Lakers were hovering at the 1/2 defensive rating spot the first half of the season.

Sure, he will put in the work when it comes to improving his scoring and those opportunities, but any thing else is a coin toss.

Nope. Bynum has improved most aspects of his game every season. Completely changed his body from when he was drafted. And has successfully rehabbed while keeping his physique and game up through a couple serious injuries.

Your opinion is wrong and dumb. You're welcome to it though. :toast

Giuseppe
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Randomly bringing up the Suns throwing a parade in 1993 for losing the finals is what gave it away. Good job though Cubby. Creative troll only your deranged mind could come up with.

You a win a ring. My a papa Luigi, he show me picutur4e in TTT (The Torino Times) of parade down a 59tha ave by Mexican a villag next to a Maryjaneville GolfaCourse. that a Phoenix, little boy? You win, a right? You a celebrake. Papa don't lie. Paper don't lie. My Paisan Senor' Colangelo he a lie?

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Dumb people like you complain about his defensive because you don't actually watch Laker games on a consistent basis. Bynum was a big part of why the Lakers were hovering at the 1/2 defensive rating spot the first half of the season.

Nope. Bynum has improved most aspects of his game every season. Completely changed his body from when he was drafted. And has successfully rehabbed while keeping his physique and game up through a couple serious injuries.

Your opinion is wrong and dumb. You're welcome to it though. :toast

Wrong on all accounts, as usual. Ship his ass out.

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Wrong on all accounts, as usual. Ship his ass out.

You're pretty terrible at this. You should go back to defending the RJ trade. :lmao

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 05:26 PM
You're pretty terrible at this. You should go back to defending the RJ trade. :lmao

this

lol @ dpg trying nto educate laker fans on drews work ethic.

like we wouldnt call him out if it was a problem?

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
So no one associated with LA has called out Drew's work ethic or attitude? So if I find one link that states otherwise, what does that mean?

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:31 PM
So now you're back peddling to attitude?

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM

So now you're back peddling to attitude?

GTFO. He does not have a good work ethic. Largely due to his attitude. He did change his body, but most of his work is on the offensive end. He takes games off and does some things that make you question his desire.

Yes, I am lumping those things together.

cobbler
04-18-2010, 05:37 PM
So no one associated with LA has called out Drew's work ethic or attitude? So if I find one link that states otherwise, what does that mean?

Everything I have ever read and seen has Drew working hard to improve his game. I think he is slow to heal and is somewhat tenative when returning from injuries which wiht his history is somewhat understandable but I haven't seen much to suggest he's a slacker when it comes to preperation.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I am not damning Bynum either. I think when it comes to things that interest him, he will work hard. Such as improving his ability to score. I just associate attitude and other things with work ethic. I am not saying the guy eats chips and parties all the time. I am saying I don't think, when push comes to shove, that he has a great work ethic.

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 05:40 PM
GTFO. He does not have a good work ethic.

He does have a good work ethic. And it's fact.

Largely due to his attitude. He did change his body, but most of his work is on the offensive end.

Wrong. Bynum has progressively improved defensively.

He takes games off and does some things that make you question his desire.

That's your wrong and dumb opinion rearing its ugly head again. You actually believing it doesn't make it any less wrong or dumb though.

Yes, I am lumping those things together.

Yeah we already established that you did a back peddle and fell flat on your face.

cobbler
04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
well... I think you are in the minority there. Actaully, its pretty well known in Lakerland that Pau has the worst work ethic on the team. Go figure.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:44 PM
He does have a good work ethic. And it's fact.

Wrong. Bynum has progressively improved defensively.

That's your wrong and dumb opinion rearing its ugly head again. You actually believing it doesn't make it any less wrong or dumb though.

Yeah we already established that you did a back peddle and fell flat on your face.

No, it's not a fact. It has been questioned plenty of times. Improving progressively does not equal a good work ethic. I have seen him not put in the effort on the defensive end when he does not get his touches. He is still a good defender because of his size and abilities, but that does not equal work ethic.

Never back peddled, it is just the forum whipping boy (you) trying to throw shit at the fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I am not damning Bynum either. I think when it comes to things that interest him, he will work hard. Such as improving his ability to score. I just associate attitude and other things with work ethic. I am not saying the guy eats chips and parties all the time. I am saying I don't think, when push comes to shove, that he has a great work ethic.

It's just a matter of opinions. You associate attitude and work ethic more than everyone else in this thread. Work ethic, IMO, is your drive to get better. Players have a great work ethic and bad attitude all the time, Allen Iverson being a prime example. His attitude about becoming more team oriented sucked, but did anyone question how hard he worked to become such a lethal scorer at his height?

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Things like missing team flights, skipping games when you are healthy enough to play even though a lot of people on your team are battling injuries...Those things add up in my book. That does not mean he has the worst work ethic ever or that it applies to everything he does, but it does say something.

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
well... I think you are in the minority there. Actaully, its pretty well known in Lakerland that Pau has the worst work ethic on the team. Go figure.

LO is #1

which really surprises me why him and kobe are so close

kobe hates laziness

cobbler
04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
No, it's not a fact. It has been questioned plenty of times. Improving progressively does not equal a good work ethic. I have seen him not put in the effort on the defensive end when he does not get his touches. He is still a good defender because of his size and abilities, but that does not equal work ethic.

Never back peddled, it is just the forum whipping boy (you) trying to throw shit at the fan.

There is some merit to your point about in-game hustle. I think thats true of anyone who feels they arent being included in the offense. Especially 21 and 22 year olds. I think when people talk "work ethic" they are referencing off the court practice habits and willingness to put the effort into improving their game, which he has done well over the years. You don't come back from serious injuries without it.

tlongII
Nice to see Cullburn posting again... :tu

mogrovejo
this

lol @ dpg trying nto educate laker fans on drews work ethic.

like we wouldnt call him out if it was a problem?

You do it all the time.

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Things like missing team flights, skipping games when you are healthy enough to play even though a lot of people on your team are battling injuries...Those things add up in my book. That does not mean he has the worst work ethic ever or that it applies to everything he does, but it does say something.

thats coo...thats your opinion

jjust find it crazy with how much he has improved since he came into the league as a kid that you are questioning his work ethic...its laughable

cobbler
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
LO is #1

which really surprises me why him and kobe are so close

kobe hates laziness

That may be but I do remember PJ being asked who is the laziest player in practice and he said without a doubt Pau and that he hates to practice.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Boris Diaw is someone who had a good attitude and terrible work ethic. Never missed a practice, never dogged it during games, never whined about anything, and always listened to the coach. On the other hand, the guy had no interest in putting any time in off the court to improve his game, he's complacent being the player he is who can have big nights here and there to remind people how good he could be if he wanted to be.

EDIT: Odom and Sheed are other examples of this. With Diaw, he was traded, got off to a hot start in Charlotte just so he could remind the Suns of the potential they traded away, but this season showed up to training camp fat and returned to being the lazy inconsistent bum he was in Phoenix.

mogrovejo
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Is the Lakerfan seriously arguing that they never questioned Bynum's work ethic? That Phil and Kobe himself haven't done it?

It's a bit too much...

TheSpursFNRule
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Bynum sucks just get over it.

cobbler
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Is the Lakerfan seriously arguing that they never questioned Bynum's work ethic? That Phil and Kobe himself haven't done it?

It's a bit too much...

When he first entered the league, absolutely. Last couple years. nope!

21_Dickings
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM

I once snuck into Drew's home and dug a used condom out of the trash can. As any reasonable person would do, I rubbed the contents all over my face.

I woke up the next morning with a full beard.

Never was able to grow one before.

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM

It's a bit too much...

Phil didn't even want to draft Bynum and has had a grudge with him since he came into the league.

drew was 17 when he was drafted...everyone except idiots knew it would be a MINIMUM of a few years for him to be an even servicable nba player. and all reports were that the first few years he worked incredibly hard on his body and his game. look at his coordination and footwork now as compared to a few years ago...his ft shooting...touch...body.

mogrovejo
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Phil didn't even want to draft Bynum and has had a grudge with him since he came into the league.

drew was 17 when he was drafted...everyone except idiots knew it would be a MINIMUM of a few years for him to be an even servicable nba player. and all reports were that the first few years he worked incredibly hard on his body and his game. look at his coordination and footwork now as compared to a few years ago...his ft shooting...touch...body.

That's not what I asked.

Originally Posted by mogrovejo http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif
(http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4249473#post4249473) (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4249473#post4249473)

It's a bit too much...

So, are you really arguing his work ethic wasn't questioned by Lakers fans, Phil and Kobe?

Rummpd
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Bryant's 6 of 19 does not bode well. Bynum will have his stats against the small Thunder but LAL is very vulnerable in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

21_Blessings
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Bryant's 6 of 19 does not bode well. Bynum will have his stats against the small Thunder but LAL is very vulnerable in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

A bunch of those were missed layups or gimmies in the paint. Bynum shits all over Dallas and owns Nene consistently.

Don't get your hopes up.

tlongII
04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
If by some miracle we got Oden and Roy back for the WCF we could beat the Lakers. I don't think anyone else in the West can with Bynum playing well though.

milkshakeballa
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
If by some miracle we got Oden and Roy back for the WCF we could beat the Lakers. I don't think anyone else in the West can with Bynum playing well though.

:lol:lol:lol

tlong how mad were you in 2000 game 7 wcf??

tlongII
04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
:lol:lol:lol

tlong how mad were you in 2000 game 7 wcf??

We got absolutely RAPED by the refs in that game.

mogrovejo
04-26-2010, 03:42 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152318