PDA

View Full Version : Final Prediction - Spurs vs. Mavs 2010 Playoff Preview

timvp
04-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Last postseason, I predicted (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123260) the Mavs to win the series. Without Manu Ginobili and with a hobbled Tim Duncan, the Spurs didn't have much hope. This year, however, is different.

I'm predicting the Spurs to advance in six games. It'll no doubt be a closely contested series but I think the Spurs can and will pull the upset.

My confidence is due mostly to the Big Three. With Manu Ginobili healthy and hot, Tim Duncan reportedly feeling good and Tony Parker as pain-free as he's been all season, these Spurs won't go down without a fight. We've seen this team defy the odds since the All-Star break and being battle tested thanks to a harsh recent schedule has prepared them well for this fight.

The role players are more of an unknown. Hopefully George Hill is healthy. Hopefully Richard Jefferson doesn’t suck. Hopefully Antonio McDyess is alive. Hopefully DeJuan Blair gets to play. Hopefully Matt Bonner and Roger Mason, Jr. don’t choke again. Thankfully, the Big Three has carried mediocre supporting casts in the past. As long as Pop can find a few role players to join the ride, the Spurs should have enough firepower.

Speaking of Pop, I can’t lie and say I’m fully confident in the schemes he will employ. Against Dirk Nowitzki, I want to see a lot of McDyess and Bonner -- and little to no small ball. Double-teaming Nowitzki is a good move … if he’s hot. Doubling him too early could open up the floodgates for his teammates.

Offensively, I want to see a lot of Ginobili in the pick-and-roll. That’s how the Spurs survived when their backs were against the wall and that’s how they will have success in the playoffs. Duncan in the low block should also be a staple, although it shouldn’t be relied on to a fault. When Parker is in the game, I want him controlling each possession and making sure the bench unit gets good shots.

The x-factor in this series will be the play of Caron Butler. If he plays like a star, the Mavs are going to win. If he’s more of a role player, I love San Antonio’s chances. Obviously, I think the Spurs can slow Butler down, however I’m not totally confident since the Spurs lack a true perimeter stopper. Let’s hope Ginobili, Hill or whoever it is who will be guarding Butler will be up to the challenge.

I see the series starting with a Game 1 Dallas victory. It’ll be close but the Mavs will go on a run down the stretch. The Spurs will make a few adjustments and then win Game 2 by about 8-10 points. I think Game 3 will be a relatively easy win for the Spurs, while San Antonio will win Game 4 by a slim margin. Game 5 will be an easy Dallas victory. In Game 6, the Spurs will return home and get the revenge they’ve sought since 2006.

It’s going to be a first round battle for the ages. It’s going to be bloody. The chances will look bleak at times. But this Spurs team has heart and they will be the ones left standing after all the shots have been fired.

The Spurs got this.

Believe.

Top Ten Keys - Spurs vs. Mavs 2010 Playoff Preview (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151255)
Player Analysis - Spurs vs. Mavs 2010 Playoff Preview (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151331)

lurker23
04-18-2010, 03:07 PM
:tu

Believe.

duncan228
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Believe.

One.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/lead/leadbelieveone.jpg

Dex
04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Nice writeup. :tu Hope you are right.

The Mavs don't have the Spurs' number like in years passed. All of the Spur killers except Nowitzki and Terry are gone. Instead of relying mostly on schemes and plays that would pick our defense apart, they are more free-wheeling behind Jason Kidd. If the Spurs can limit his distribution and keep the Mavericks' role players in check, I think Dirk, Terry, and Marion could have a hard time keeping up with the scoring load.

The main goal of the season was to reach the postseason healthy. For the most part, that has been accomplished. Time to see what this team can go out and do with it.

FTM. Spurs in 7.

Believe is back.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I am surprisingly calm. That does not mean I am confident, but at this point I am glad we are playing the Mavs. Should be a good one.

SpursTillTheEnd
04-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Ive been waiting for this the whole weekend, ive got a feeling we will win these 2 games at dallas

NFGIII
04-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Last postseason, I predicted (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123260) the Mavs to win the series. Without Manu Ginobili and with a hobbled Tim Duncan, the Spurs didn't have much hope. This year, however, is different.

I'm predicting the Spurs to advance in six games. It'll no doubt be a closely contested series but I think the Spurs can and will pull the upset.

Speaking of Pop, I can’t lie and say I’m fully confident in the schemes he will employ. Against Dirk Nowitzki, I want to see a lot of McDyess and Bonner -- and little to no small ball. Double-teaming Nowitzki is a good move … if he’s hot. Doubling him too early could open up the floodgates for his teammates.

Absolutely. If Pop trots out this then he is clinically insane. You know that definition about insanity - doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. That would be Pop in this case.

The x-factor in this series will be the play of Caron Butler. If he plays like a star, the Mavs are going to win. If he’s more of a role player, I love San Antonio’s chances. Obviously, I think the Spurs can slow Butler down, however I’m not totally confident since the Spurs lack a true perimeter stopper. Let’s hope Ginobili, Hill or whoever it is who will be guarding Butler will be up to the challenge.

I agree but what about Kidd? Can/does the Spurs have a player that can do to Kidd what Bowen did to Nash? Maybe Hill can if healthy enough but that's not for certain right now - that is his health allowing him to play to that level. I believe that Kidd is the head of the snake and if we can disrupt him then it is going to a lot easier winning this series.

:flag:

DesignatedT
04-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Another thing to keep an eye on is how Dallas plays Duncan in the post. If they let Haywood and Damp play him straight up or if they bring the hard double.

Believe :tu

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Another thing to keep an eye on is how Dallas plays Duncan in the post. If they let Haywood and Damp play him straight up or if they bring the hard double.

Believe :tu

They will play him straight up probably, but they will do what other teams do; dare the struggling Spurs shooters to hit shots by mixing in some well timed doubles or flashes.

If the Spurs can keep them honest, then they will have a great shot.

DesignatedT
04-18-2010, 03:52 PM
They will play him straight up probably, but they will do what other teams do; dare the struggling Spurs shooters to hit shots.

If the Spurs can keep them honest, then they will have a great shot.

Definitely going to need some great shooting efforts by Bonner + Hill. Seeing as those are our best 3 pt shooters they're going to have to hit shots.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I am interested to see how Dallas matches up against the Spurs defensively at the 1-3 positions.

TimDunkem
04-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Definitely going to need some great shooting efforts by Bonner + Hill. Seeing as those are our best 3 pt shooters they're going to have to hit shots.
Damnit...:depressed

phyzik
I believe Spurs come out and smash a suprised Dallas in the mouth for the first game win, then lose the second game. Otherwise, agree on all other counts.

DesignatedT
I am interested to see how Dallas matches up against the Spurs defensively at the 1-3 positions.

I would assume Butler will be the primary one taking on the challenge to gaurd Manu. Kidd,Terry,Barea,Roddy B have absolutely no chance in stopping Manu. Especially the way Manu is playing.

I really don't know to much about Butlers defense throughout his career.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Caron has always been a tough defender. But what I was really looking at was if you have RJ, Manu and TP on the floor when the Mavs have Kidd, Butler & Marion.

That very well could be the end of game line ups and I wonder if they will put Kidd on RJ?

DesignatedT
04-18-2010, 04:02 PM
That very well could be the case. It would make sense for them to do that.

dbestpro
04-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I am concerend for the same reason I have been concerned all season. Pop at various times throughout the season has lost his mind. I expect that he will do the same in the playoffs and in the end cost the Spurs the series.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Do wee see Mason or Temple if George Hill is out?

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Both.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
If Mason sees more than six minutes of playing time we are fucked.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 04:24 PM
If Hill is out, what else can they do?

benefactor
04-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm pretty worried. I can't shake the feeling that this series will be 2006 all over again...with overtime games, lots of drama and the Spurs falling just short.

Libri
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
It’s going to be bloody.

So you think there might be a fight. :ihit

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I will take that. If the games are close, Spurs will have a good shot. They have more weapons for end of game situations imo.

benefactor
04-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I will take that. If the games are close, Spurs will have a good shot. They have more weapons for end of game situations imo.
Agreed. That is probably the only thing that gives me comfort right now. :)

SpursTillTheEnd
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I hope blair gets minutes and plays like he did the last game

Whisky Dog
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Will we see the last charge of Tim Duncan and his Immortals? I hope so. Go get 5.

AnthonyM
04-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Should be a solid series.

So pumped for the game too.

See the sig.

TD 21
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I agree with most of your writeup, timvp. Three quick things...

1. I wouldn't call it an "upset" if the Spurs win. These two teams are too close for that.

2. Just as Duncan on the block shouldn't be used "to a fault", so too should the Ginobili pick-and-roll. If he's getting whatever he wants off of it, great, but if not, don't get too carried away with it. A diversified offense is the way to go, mainly because, despite the Ginobili love fest going on, the Spurs have enough firepower to not be overly reliant on a consistent basis on any one player.

3. I agree with Spurs in 6, but you see them winning three straight games? Granted, they unexpectedly did it to the Suns '08, but I don't see it happening. That's why game 1 is crucial, otherwise there's a good chance that if they're to win it, it takes 7. Which is still doable, just not ideal obviously.

fonzy16
04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
let's do this!
BELIEVE!

Rummpd
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Spurs in 5 - will be 5 tough games/see my thread Spurs going to pummell the Mavs - last year was closer than the final result indicated but lets get this on!

Brazil
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Spurs in 6

Velo
04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Believe.

mytespurs
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree w/timvp for the most part-I think this years Spurs teams is healthier and will make this a more competitive series....

I also agree w/Tim-I think Mavs win tonight's game. Hope my radar is wrong about this one.

Go Spurs!!!!!! Shock the masses-and make me believe again!!!! :king

peskypesky
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I believe!!!

Avitus1
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I believe! Go Spurs Go!

ffadicted
04-18-2010, 07:18 PM
1: Spurs
2: Dallas
3: Spurs
4: Spurs
5: Dallas
6: Spurs

rascal
04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Spurs in 5 - will be 5 tough games/see my thread Spurs going to pummell the Mavs - last year was closer than the final result indicated but lets get this on!

So you believe the spurs will win the next 4 in a row.

MavDynasty
04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
So you believe the spurs will win the next 4 in a row.

Backdoor muthafuckin sweep! :hat

Spurs Brazil
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I see the series starting with a Game 1 Dallas victory. It’ll be close but the Mavs will go on a run down the stretch. The Spurs will make a few adjustments and then win Game 2 by about 8-10 points.

Good prediction on game 1, now I want this win in game 2

BoricuaCJA
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Good prediction on game 1, now I want this win in game 2
I will call Timvp a God if this happen.

I really hope it does happen and hopefully Hill plays in game 2(unless we know for sure he is too injured to do significant damage). Please very little of Mason. He is not a clutch player but knowing pop, just b/c he can shoot 3's in less pressure filled games( playoff games >>> regular season games), he will put him out on the court. He spreads the floor but I hope he gets barely any minutes.

DAF86
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM

I agree with everything you said here, but I would also like to see what would Dirk do if our players make him put the ball on the floor, force him to drive and take him out of his confort zone.

I'm tired of seeing him get the ball in the post, turn around, measure his shot and take a jumper over the useless extended arms of our defenders. If we let him do that everysingle time he is going to keep scoring pretty effectively against us. I really think that Nowitzki would rather take a 20 footer with all the time in the world to aim his shot than take the ball to the basket in traffic.

rascal
04-20-2010, 04:17 AM
I will call Timvp a God if this happen.

I really hope it does happen and hopefully Hill plays in game 2(unless we know for sure he is too injured to do significant damage). Please very little of Mason. He is not a clutch player but knowing pop, just b/c he can shoot 3's in less pressure filled games( playoff games >>> regular season games), he will put him out on the court. He spreads the floor but I hope he gets barely any minutes.

A game 2 win is possible. Timvp is already having doubts the Spurs can win the series tough.

Spurminator
04-20-2010, 09:03 AM
The Spurs lost game 1 to Dallas in 2003 too. And that was in SA. And Dirk had 38.

Just sayin.

Shank
04-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Mavs take G2, 103-86

MaNu4Tres
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Mavs Sweep...

Dirk shoots 86% for his career..

Jason Kidd is the best PG to ever live...

Dennis Rodman learned how to rebound from Brendan Haywood...

Caron Butler has Jordan's midrange game...

Spurs are screwed...

Mavs are the best

Shank
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Mavs Sweep...

Dirk shoots 86% for his career..

Jason Kidd is the best PG to ever live...

Dennis Rodman learned how to rebound from Brendan Haywood...

Caron Butler has Jordan's midrange game...

Spurs are screwed...

Mavs are the best

HE'S SEEN THE LIGHT! FINALLY!!! :lol:lol:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I think what's not holding up after one game in order to allow Timvp's prediction to come true is the fact that Hill is hurt and we were forced to use Mason and Bogans in game 1. McDyess was the only role player to play well. Butler will need to be slowed and Dirk will need to miss a shot now and then. We'll need more from Jefferson, too, obviously.

Considering how well the Mavs played and how poor the Spurs looked in many areas I'm still holding out hope for this series.

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
welcome to the bandwagon timvp

ForeignFan
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM

My confidence is due mostly to the Big Three. With Manu Ginobili healthy and hot, Tim Duncan reportedly feeling good and Tony Parker as pain-free as he's been all season, these Spurs won't go down without a fight. We've seen this team defy the odds since the All-Star break and being battle tested thanks to a harsh recent schedule has prepared them well for this fight.

The role players are more of an unknown. Hopefully George Hill is healthy. Hopefully Richard Jefferson doesn’t suck. Hopefully Antonio McDyess is alive. Hopefully DeJuan Blair gets to play. Hopefully Matt Bonner and Roger Mason, Jr. don’t choke again. Thankfully, the Big Three has carried mediocre supporting casts in the past. As long as Pop can find a few role players to join the ride, the Spurs should have enough firepower.

Offensively, I want to see a lot of Ginobili in the pick-and-roll. That’s how the Spurs survived when their backs were against the wall and that’s how they will have success in the playoffs. Duncan in the low block should also be a staple, although it shouldn’t be relied on to a fault. When Parker is in the game, I want him controlling each possession and making sure the bench unit gets good shots.

I see the series starting with a Game 1 Dallas victory. It’ll be close but the Mavs will go on a run down the stretch. The Spurs will make a few adjustments and then win Game 2 by about 8-10 points. I think Game 3 will be a relatively easy win for the Spurs, while San Antonio will win Game 4 by a slim margin. Game 5 will be an easy Dallas victory. In Game 6, the Spurs will return home and get the revenge they’ve sought since 2006.

It’s going to be a first round battle for the ages. It’s going to be bloody. The chances will look bleak at times. But this Spurs team has heart and they will be the ones left standing after all the shots have been fired.

The Spurs got this.

Believe.

So far so good!

mexicanjunior
04-20-2010, 02:05 PM
The Spurs lost game 1 to Dallas in 2003 too. And that was in SA. And Dirk had 38.

Just sayin.

If David Robinson, Stephen Jackson, Malik Rose and Speedy Claxton are suiting up tomorrow...I would see how your analogy works.

Dirkadirkastan
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
...and if Dirk gets injured in Game 3.

mexicanjunior
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
...and if Dirk gets injured in Game 3.

BTW, Mavs don't even make it that far if Webber is not injured the series before...pretty much injury karma evening out that year.

timvp
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't think the Spurs were going to win Game 1 but that game has me less confident the Spurs are going to win the series. First of all, I thought Hill was going to be healthier. If he is still gimpy tonight, that may be all she wrote for San Antonio. Hill is a vital piece to this team; I don't think they can beat the Mavs without him.

The other issue that concerns me is the defense against Caron Butler. I didn't like the look of Ginobili against Butler. Ginobili isn't a very good defender against bulky, physical scorers ... and that's what Butler is. RJ looks too slow to defend Butler and that basically leaves Bogans for the job. Too bad Bogans is horrible and kills the Spurs offensively.

Hopefully we see some better signs tonight. Cleaning up turnovers alone would really help. Add in a not-so-sizzling Dirk and hopefully the momentum shifts.

To win this series, the Spurs need to get Game 2.

Believe.

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I didn't think the Spurs were going to win Game 1 but that game has me less confident the Spurs are going to win the series. First of all, I thought Hill was going to be healthier. If he is still gimpy tonight, that may be all she wrote for San Antonio. Hill is a vital piece to this team; I don't think they can beat the Mavs without him.

The other issue that concerns me is the defense against Caron Butler. I didn't like the look of Ginobili against Butler. Ginobili isn't a very good defender against bulky, physical scorers ... and that's what Butler is. RJ looks too slow to defend Butler and that basically leaves Bogans for the job. Too bad Bogans is horrible and kills the Spurs offensively.

Hopefully we see some better signs tonight. Cleaning up turnovers alone would really help. Add in a not-so-sizzling Dirk and hopefully the momentum shifts.

Believe.

Jeezaz Christ it's time for a war.

I said it before - Hill is the guy that can cover the biggest spurs holes against Mavs. If he really cannot contribute, the spurs would need some kind of, well, need a career night by Mason for example.

It would be nice if dirk missed some shots. Spurs could not allowe to give him any space to create.
transition and p&r D and on and on and on

Parker2112
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM

The Spurs got this.

Believe.

Top Ten Keys - Spurs vs. Mavs 2010 Playoff Preview (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151255)
Player Analysis - Spurs vs. Mavs 2010 Playoff Preview (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151331)

Yup, Yup, Yup, and Yup. Good call.

TD 21
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM

Believe.

You and me both. Surprisingly, from what I've seen here, it hasn't discouraged many's opinion. Maybe they're just taking a wait and see approach or being optimistic, I don't know. But to me, I saw a lot of the same issues we've seen recently against the Mavs rear their ugly head in that game and that doesn't bode well going forward. Beyond the x's and o's and match-ups, a lot of it has to do with confidence, or lack there of. I just don't get the sense that this team, collectively, thinks they can win this series. And if they don't, nothing else will matter. Here's the other thing: Even though it was mostly close throughout and even though the Spurs briefly took the lead in the third, did you ever feel they were going to win that game or that they were in control of it? I didn't.

The Spurs can't win this series without Hill resembling the player he was for much of the regular season, but they can win a game that way. I'm not expecting a major improvement out of him tonight, but that doesn't mean that others can't pick up the slack and this team can't get a victory. Hopefully, he improves as the series wears on.

Jefferson should be able to defend Butler. They're the same size and Butler it's overly explosive or creative off the dribble.

Need is strong. If the Spurs can take care of business at home, they set themselves up for a winner take all game seven. I don't think the home team will win every game in this series, but it's possible.

Avitus1
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Spurs got this. Time to take one in Dallas!

ffadicted
04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Legendary prediction is so far legendary...

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
The Spurs will make a few adjustments and then win Game 2 by about 8-10 points.

Aha - you was wrong there !

:fight

Spurs Brazil
04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Damn timvp, things are going well

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Adjustments were indeed made. 1st was no Boggans and barely any Mason.

Jefferson adjusted and brought it. Hill sparked a bit in the 4th. Manu and Parker were good as usual. TD turned into 2005 crunch time Timmy.

Dirk slid downwards. Butler slid downwards.

It worked.

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Adjustments were indeed made. 1st was no Boggans and barely any Mason.

Jefferson adjusted and brought it. Hill sparked a bit in the 4th. Manu and Parker were good as usual. TD turned into 2005 crunch time Timmy.

Dirk slid downwards. Butler slid downwards.

It worked.

timvp
04-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Keep it rollin'.

J_Paco
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
If the Spurs can make Kidd, Marion, Haywood and Dampier invisible like tonight, then they've got this series in 5.

mexicanjunior
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow...impressive predictions so far...

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
The thing was that mavs were hesitating shots almost all game long [exception was Terry] and that gave the spurs the control of the pace

NewJerSpur
04-21-2010, 11:36 PM
The thing was that mavs were hesitating shots almost all game long [exception was Terry] and that gave the spurs the control of the pace

The sharp rotation early contributed to that. We were off on our rotations for Game 1 (rust) but down the stretch they were pretty crisp, almost like the team was moving as one unit....OLD Spurs defense.

Skip Bayliss is going to have fun with this tomorrow, he's a Spurs homer.

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
I need to put some sleep in my body

Hopefully I will be able to do this cause next 28 hours will be tough as hell

seeYa

Cry Havoc
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Nicely called Timvp.

I also had the Spurs in 6 in this. Here's hoping we can sweep at home and prove us wrong... by closing it out in 5.

At this point, I have to think the Spurs Mavs and Lakers are the 3 best teams in the West. Nothing I've seen from the other games leads me to believe that any of the other teams would give us nearly the problems these Mavs can.

igruex
04-26-2010, 09:03 AM

This is getting ridiculous...

:toast

team-work
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Timvp, do you have a crystal ball or wizardry?

Phenomanul
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Apparently timvp found the 'flux capacitor' mod for his vehicle...

z0sa
04-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Let's hope he starts being wrong now so we can win Game 5. :lol

easjer
04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Uh, timvp, do you think you could pull out, say, 5 numbers between, oh, let's say 1 and 56. And then for good measure, maybe one more in the same range?

And any gut feelings about the Kentucky Derby? Also, while I'm thinking about it, what's your opinion on 2012?

:lol

Phenomanul
Let's hope he starts being wrong now so we can win Game 5. :lol

We can only hope that his trip for Game 5 was an 'alternate April 27th'... he must've changed something in the past... (something he's righted since then)...

Velo
One.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/lead/leadbelieveone.jpg

Team.

Ariel
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
No offense, but nothing would make me happier than you failing miserably with your prediction for next game.

DPG21920
04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
This is the most uncomfotable 3-1 lead ever. Spurs could have easily lost 2 of these games. Just close them out. This series is closer than the record indicates.

NFGIII
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
So Timvp what are the current lottery numbers?

I'll split it with you.

70/30

Deal?

anonoftheinternets
04-26-2010, 01:39 PM
this was jus ridiculous ... :O ... i wonder if it will play out in the next two games... id rather see a win in 5 ...

polandprzem
04-26-2010, 01:41 PM
And he saying he is sick

yea right :rolleyes

Sec24Row7
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I would rather your amazing prediction get blown up in game 5 with a complete Dallas Collapse...

But I think a Mav blowout of the spurs is a hell of a lot more likely.

TheSullyMonster
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Spurs are going to be nice and allow Peter Holt as many home games as possible, to offset the luxury tax. :P

Spurs Brazil
04-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Perfect so far timvp. Just waiting for the last one

timvp
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Damn it I hate you, timvp. Let us hope I like you better on Thursday.

team-work
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
The blowout allowed the Big 3 to rest. If the past is another indicator, they will come back strong and lead the team to victory in game 6, so timvp's prophecy will be fulfilled.

Whisky Dog
04-27-2010, 11:19 PM
This one was the easiest of the series to call. No way the Spurs were gonna press balls out to win. Holt has to get that 3rd home game gate.

Excellent call so far. Let's hope it finishes out the way it was predicted.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
kidd literally turned every spurs miss and turnover into a fast break and caught almost every one off guarded...gotta focus a lot better of the transition in game 6...stop the freaking ball and quit turning the ball over.

DesignatedT
04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
pretty much spot on so far :tu

lets hope you're right about thursday!

phxspurfan
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Wth? Thanks for spoiling the outcome for me...ugh. (unplugs the dvd recorder)

EricB
04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
(folds hands together in prayer) Please let TIMVP be right again...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2010, 01:24 AM
damn, it's eerie how accurate timvp's original post is on how this series would go.

Hopefully Thursday pans out as he predicted.

polandprzem
04-28-2010, 01:29 AM

U fillin' better my man?

carina_gino20
04-28-2010, 02:02 AM
timvp should bump the Manu Ditka thread for Game 6.

Brazil
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM

for the moment you're near perfection now the last sentence is the most important. I hated game 5, let's hope a good outcome for game 6.

sa_butta
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Scary good predition here, lets stick to that prediction and get the win Thursday.

Phenomanul
04-28-2010, 09:56 AM

You better be right! :ihit

ginobilized
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
5 for 5 Timvp, very impressive
6 for 6 on Thursday and I'll send you a box of Huggies

Fernando TD21
04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED!!
:tu:tu

Dex
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM

Nostradomus could not have done any finer. Major props to timvp on the call. Give yourself a spur or something for this one!

rascal
04-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Perfect predictions.

Nice job :toast

ffadicted
04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
prawps nigga, prawps

DespЏrado
04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
WTF? Timvp calls the shot, you can't get a better series prediction than Timvp's.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM

What are the lottery numbers, damnit.

The Truth #6
04-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Great prognostication. Well done!

urunobili
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Im afraid of the suns :depressed

we got revenge vs the Mavs they'll want revenge vs us :depressed

polandprzem
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM

What are the lottery numbers, damnit.

Kori could you ask you husband maybe he has some polish lottery numbers?

Sisk
04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
There's the lottery in Poland?

ElNono
04-29-2010, 10:46 PM
We're not worthy!

:worthy:

Budkin
04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
timvp. Genius.

Sisk
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM

The Spurs got this.

Believe.

all of this is beyond impressive

excellent take man. :toast

Duncanoypi
04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
My TIMVP....can I please wash your feet???? :wow:flag:

polandprzem
04-30-2010, 03:10 AM

yea well ...

:depressed

beachwood
04-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Props on this prediction. Eerie how the series was exactly as you called it.

team-work
04-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Perfect prediction. You understand this team so well.

This series sounded like a repetition of many playoff runs in the Duncan's era i.e. not starting well, steadying the ship later, gaining control of the series, regressing a little bit before the final blow. It keeps reminding me of the 4-2 series in 2003 vs the Suns, Lakers, Mavs and Nets.

manu20gino
04-30-2010, 05:31 AM
wow. unbelievable! now whats your take versus suns?

Danny.Zhu
04-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Props.

NFGIII
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
wow. unbelievable! :spless: now whats your take versus suns?

:hungry:

honestfool84
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
timvp?

http://abduzeedo.com/files/posts/back-future/back-future-5.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-30-2010, 10:37 AM

The Spurs got this.

Believe.

Give this man a Spur!

DPG21920
04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Mookie crew is about to scoff the shit out of you

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Now lets here the "real" expert pick for the Suns series....

BigVee
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Many compliments. I have seen many correct predictions on individual games, and on a complete series, but never such an accurate prediction on each game in a series....impressive to the point of amazing. Nice going.

AKA President
04-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Well **** me sideways.

El Jefe
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Accurate prediction? He said game 3 would be easy! That was way off.

I want my money back.

Wait, this site is free?

Tigole Bitties
04-30-2010, 04:44 PM
timvp, where'd you get a copy of the 2010 Farmer's Almanac?

damnit, should've hit the sports books in vegas :(

smeagol
05-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Perfect predictions.

Nice job :toast

Much better than yours who predicted another Spurs loss . . . and were wrong again . . .

colargol
05-01-2010, 09:28 AM

MaNu4Tres
05-01-2010, 09:38 AM
* Patiently anticipates "Final Predictions- Spurs vs. Suns 2010 Playoff Preview" *

mystargtr34
05-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Impressive.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Don't get too excited; the payouts are in potato vodka.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Awesome predictions, LJ. Incredible! :tu

Anyone who doesn't respect your acumen for the game of basketball is playing themself. ;)

iminol
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
WoW.

My "little" victory is that I picked Spurs in 6, but without nostradamus stuff.

MmP
05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
wheres timvp talking about game 6 and next series preview???

TIMMYD!
05-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Holy fuck!

Spot on!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2010, 07:14 PM
need some initial reactions brah

Brazil
05-01-2010, 09:17 PM
need some initial reactions brah

+1

Cant_Be_Faded