PDA

View Full Version : Starting a series on the road

Whisky Dog
04-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't know how it is for players, but for me I always feel more relaxed for game one when the Spurs are on the road. It's like if it's at home you're thinking "shit they better win this game" but on the road it's more like "would be awesome to win, but just get one of the two".

DesignatedT
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
definitely. The only advantage of having home court is the 7th game if it were to come down to it. But i don't mind starting the series on the road.

davi78239
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
true. I especially feel relaxed both this year and last year heading into the playoffs because i wasn't expecting much (especially this year). Anything good that comes of this is an automatic bonus.

austN Spur
and it looks like the spurs will be trying to be the first team to win a game on the road, with the bobcats down,

Lukor
definitely. The only advantage of having home court is the 7th game if it were to come down to it. But i don't mind starting the series on the road.

which Spurs player are you?

DesignatedT
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
which Spurs player are you?

Alonzo Gee

mavsfan1000
04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Agreed. Much easier to start the series on the road. Less jitters on the road.

Strike
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
For all the hubbub about "home court advantage", I wonder how much of an advantage it really is since few series actually go 7 games. I think I'd much rather start a series on the road if I was an NBA player. As has been said already, there's more pressure on the home team to hold home court during the 1st two games of the series. Heading into game 3 tied 1-1 seems to be thought of as failure for the higher seeded team. Whereas the lower seeded team going home for game 3 tied 1-1 is looked at as a great success.

So I say again, how "advantageous" is home court advantage?

Dex
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Home court is definite a mixed blessing.

Even if you win both games at home, all you've done is taken care of business. The saying goes that a series doesn't really start until a home team loses a game, and the team with home court advantage has the first two chances.

Doctor J
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
But...

If you are to win one of those two, winning the first one is wayyyyyy better.

That has been the key for winning a playoff series for most proven champions.