PDA

View Full Version : Sonics vs Spurs and the immediate future

AFE7FATMAN
05-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Time to remind everyone to take their High Blood Pressure meds on Mothers Day.

7 game series with at least one OT.
I fully expect to see some real good BB

I expect these games to be real physical.

After this series it is a meer walk in the Park, unless the Spurs get mugged by the ref's.

HB22inSA
05-06-2005, 02:42 AM
I see the Spurs winning this one in 5, with 3 double-digit wins, 1 close game, 1 loss by 5, and one win by 7-8 points.

Mr. Body
05-06-2005, 02:49 AM
I don't see it as a 7-gamer. Ray Allen has about 3 lights-out games in him, the others average or worse. Two of those will be Seattle wins, the other one can be made up for by exceptional Spurs play.

Duncan's Spurs have never gone 7 games. They've either figured out how to beat someone and done it in 6, or they've gotten choked by the Lakers, usually because their offense has been stymied.

Notice Seattle has neither Shaq nor Kobe and their defense is not their selling point.

boutons
05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Spurs need to leverage their HCA and season HC dominance by starting this series 2-0.

(The Spurs going 2-0 on the road these playoffs is extremely encouraging.)

Then, a split @SEA. Of course I would prefer Game3 as a Spurs' W, 3-0, but a L-W series up there would be great.

Then finish the series @SBC, 4-1, continuing HC domainance.

I'm sure the Spurs won't get caught napping in Game1 like they did vs Nuggets
(but then I was also sure the Spurs were going to start the Denver series ready to play.).

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2005, 08:35 AM
I agree with SPURS in 5.

ladiesman
05-06-2005, 10:17 AM
This will be a great series... If I remember correctly in the first loss to them, the Spurs made a comeback when they decided to apply full court pressure. I think the same thing happen in the loss in Seattle. The question is, will they go to it to disrupt their offense, or will they just wait for Ray to go Vince on Bruce and get ejected?

Ladiesman

Extra Stout
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't think the Sonics have the mental toughness to win close playoff games against a veteran team. In the fourth quarter when the defense clamps down, Ray Allen's vagina will start throbbing and he'll quit. They'll have one lights-out shooting game, maybe two.

I expect a chorus of whining after every Spurs win.

The Sonics don't belong here. The other West semi will be more entertaining because at least it is between two playoff-minded teams.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Well, this ain't the Lakers, so I like the Spurs' chances.

DannyF
05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Extra Stout, I take exception to your comments. The Sonics have prevailed all year because of mental toughness. As for the Sonics not belonging here, well, they earned it just as the Spurs did. And as for Ray Allen, I didn't know that he was dating your mother. What happened to make her throb?

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
If the Spurs can't beat the Sonics in fewer than 7 tight games, I'd just as soon they lose, because they aren't capable of winning a championship, and they should put me out of my misery early.

I thought the Nuggets were the hot team nobody wanted to play that wasn't really a 7 seed, and the Sonics were a team that backed into the playoffs, and just finished a tight series with the Kings. The Spurs should have less trouble with the Sonics than they did with Denver as long as they decide to show up.

I expect the series to by physical, but Spurs physical, not Nuggets physical. That gives the advantage to the Spurs, not the Sonics. If the Sonics win two games in this series, one of them will be on a buzzer beater or a freak play. I'll wager my haircut on this one too. :)

1Parker1
05-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I'll wager my haircut on this one too. :)

You're really bald, aren't you Obstructed View? That's why you keep wagering your haircut :lol