PDA

View Full Version : I only have this to say...

m33p0
04-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Playing in Dallas, Richard Jefferson and George Hill no shows, missing a number of lay ups, questionable calls, hot shooting by the Mavs... and only lost by 6.

I'm optimistic. :toast
:flag:

badfish22
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
moral victories ftw!

ajGambino
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Playing in Dallas, Richard Jefferson and George Hill no shows, missing a number of lay ups, questionable calls, hot shooting by the Mavs... and only lost by 6.

...ya think?

stretch
04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
LMAO another moral victory

sefant77
04-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Dallas played 8 guys and 2 sucked completly ass, one of them being scoring option #2

Hmmmmm...

Amarelooms
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
You won't out FG% Dallas that often...not sure about the final numbers but ya'll were up by like 10%. Granted the calls might not be as one sided but much of that was Mavs being more aggressive. Terry will shoot better. Ya'll still can't guard Dirk who is the best player on both teams...which is a major problem for the Spurs

:elephant

BackHome
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah we played terrrible today and turned the ball over way to much so not getting blown out was a little positive. The fact is that this Dallas team is probably the best we have ever faced and they are very deep team they can go small and they can go big.

Dirk and the guy they picked up from Washington were huge for them.

Mason sucked
Hill doesn't look right
RJ sucked
Manu turn over and bad passes
Timmy had butter hands today

But no use crying over spealed milk just got to bring it next game.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Hill, Bonner, Jefferson and Mason aren't going to get any better...this team is screwed. Wish we had a chance to improve the team with a nice pick.

rayray2k8
04-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Got another chance on wednesday. See you then. :toast

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Unleash the Mahinmi :lol

Juanobili
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
LMAO another moral victory

2006 right? :toast

m33p0
04-18-2010, 10:03 PM
moral victories ftw!
Spurstalk, where moral victories happen. :toast

Libri
04-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Unleash the Mahinmi :lol

The way they were calling fouls, Ian would have fouled out in a minute.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The way they were calling fouls, Ian would have fouled out in a minute.

We should have used him to keep doing Hack a Damp, it was our only effective defensive strategy.

Waps1980
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Hill, Bonner, Jefferson and Mason aren't going to get any better...this team is screwed. Wish we had a chance to improve the team with a nice pick.
Hill wtf, he'll be right just getting used to how his ankle now feels.
RJ will put up better numbers, just need to keep out of early foul trouble.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Hill wtf, he'll be right just getting used to how his ankle now feels.
RJ will put up better numbers, just need to keep out of early foul trouble.

Wishful thinking at it's finest...it's only April.

At least it's not Hill's fault, the injury ruined him. RJ has sucked all year, no reason to expect otherwise at this point.

InK
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
We didn't play bad, we played pretty good really. I don't think we can expect a lot more from our guys, and if the Mavs are gonna keep playing like they did today-- totally dominate the glass, Dirk casuing complete havoc, their role players not choking-- then we are in big big trouble.

InK
04-18-2010, 10:22 PM

There are just to many of them. Having four of them ( Bogans instead of Hill) on the same team is completely ridicilous, you can just feel what kind of demoralizing effect this quartet has when they do one of their usual choke jobs.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
We didn't play bad, we played pretty good really.

We actually shot better from the field and from the stripe. The difference is the FT attempts. Even when you exclude the "Hack-a-Damp" intentional fouls, the disparity is ridiculous. If not for the lopsided officiating, the Spurs win Game 1.

lurker
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I love how you say RJ was a no show like that hasn't been the case all season long.

ajGambino
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I love how you say RJ was a no show like that hasn't been the case all season long.

:lol So true.

m33p0
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM

late in the season he showed signs of life. "most of the season" is a better description.

jjktkk
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
We actually shot better from the field and from the stripe. The difference is the FT attempts. Even when you exclude the "Hack-a-Damp" intentional fouls, the disparity is ridiculous. If not for the lopsided officiating, the Spurs win Game 1.

Most of the time the home team will get more calls. The Spurs need to be more aggressive, but turnovers is what killed the Spurs in this game. Clean up the turnovers in game #2 and I like the Spurs chances to win.

LakerHater
04-18-2010, 10:52 PM

Love the way you think!
:toast

TD 21
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I knew someone would start a thread like this. I'm not optimistic, because look at how efficiently the big three scored. What are the odds of that happening again? Not very good, I'd imagine. Hill, who knows what he'll provide going forward, with his ankle clearly bothering him. Jefferson can't be worse, but I don't think he'll be much better. The fact is he's a bystander in the Spurs offense when they're healthy.

This team has a lot of individual talent, but as you saw tonight, when healthy, the pieces just don't fit seamlessly together. Jefferson becomes a non factor offensively and they predictably become overly reliant on the pick-and-roll. This team went from having the thickest playbook in the league to having the thinnest. You don't even see simple things like guys coming off pin downs anymore. It's just straight pick-and-roll and the occasional post-up. Why do you think the Mavs got so many deflections and steals? Because they know the Spurs run the same one play to death and they know Ginobili loves to throw it back across his body. Deplorable coaching.