PDA

View Full Version : Never want to hear another Mavs fan say jack about DWade in the Finals

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-18-2010, 09:52 PM
The only reason your pussy ass team won tonight was Air Douche getting to shoot as many free throws as the Spurs team combined.

What's going to happen when you don't get to shoot 20 more FTs in the game than SA?

lurker
04-18-2010, 09:54 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/11b13bt

honestfool84
04-18-2010, 09:54 PM
i have to say that we didn't play our best ball... but it sure as hell doesn't help that Dirk shot that many free throws.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
The only reason your pussy ass team won tonight was Air Douche getting to shoot as many free throws as the Spurs team combined.

What's going to happen when you don't get to shoot 20 more FTs in the game than SA?

The Mavs will lose, of course...but you know that's never gonna happen.

jestersmash
Dirk had to shoot 12-14, and the mavs had to get +20 free throw attempts to win the game by a measly 6 points.

They are in serious..serious trouble, no joke. The officiating is not going to be on their side for the entire series (highly unlikely)

Amarelooms
lol at this clown...Mavs were the better team...they were more aggressive. Your coach is a punk and gave about 8fts away on hack a Damp. Dirk owned your ass....move on and re-group loser

:elephant

The Cougar

Won't happen, they won't get the short end of the stick till a later round, then they'll bitch how they were screwed

duhoh
naw, it was bad defensive possessions by the defenders. falling for all the old tricks.

stretch
LMAO :cry

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Hasn't Dirk made something like 90 FTs in a row???

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2010, 09:56 PM

This is actually why they choke in the playoffs. Eventually they stop treating Dirk like a special needs little girl and when players are allowed to be physical with his crystal ass, he has no idea how to react.
Because it never happens until deep into the playoffs.

So it actually works against the mavs in the long term.
Bad for us though.

jdev82
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM

did you see the game? did you watch dirk get call after call on no contact fadeaways?

mazerrackham
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
The reffing was bad, but it was not biased enough to be the reason why the Spurs lost this game. The Mavs were the better team tonight. I expect to see the Spurs play better next game, though.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Dirk spends more time trying to get calls then actually playing genuine basketball.

androck
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
The officiating was bad but come on. If the Spurs turn the ball over 17 times on the road they don't deserve to win.

jag
04-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Mav fan's finals is against the Spurs.

jag
Mav Team's finals is in the 1st and 2nd round. It's what they do.

Mr.Robinson
The officiating was bad but come on. If the Spurs turn the ball over 17 times on the road they don't deserve to win.
Stupid turnovers too.

ajGambino
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
It wasn't a fair game. You see the stats and they're stupid lop-sided..you see the game, and how can anyone not say that the refs favored the Mavs? Spurs freethrows: 14. The Mavs: 34. Right..

jestersmash
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
maybe don't play HACK A DAMPIER you stupid fucking faggot.

of course a bunch of ignorant ass uneducated fucking Spur Fans would think the disparity was all because the refs gave Dallas FT's. YOU FUCKING HACKED DAMPIER FOR HALF THE GODDAMN GAME BECAUSE YOU WANTED HIM TO GO TO THE FT LINE!

all offense, you are both literally and certifiably retarded

literally

sefant77
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
did you see the game? did you watch dirk get call after call on no contact fadeaways?

Check your eye doctor

jag

of course a bunch of ignorant ass uneducated fucking Spur Fans would think the disparity was all because the refs gave Dallas FT's. YOU FUCKING HACKED DAMPIER FOR HALF THE GODDAMN GAME BECAUSE YOU WANTED HIM TO GO TO THE FT LINE!

Does basic math fucking escape you??? Can you grasp that you front running bitch?

sefant77

73 with end of RS, streak goes on next season.

Sportstudi
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM

86 if you count them from tonight as well. But the streak won't officially continue in the playoffs. It's gonna be continued in the next season. He made 74 straight in the end of this season.

NewJerSpur
lol at this clown...Mavs were the better team...they were more aggressive. Your coach is a punk and gave about 8fts away on hack a Damp. Dirk owned your ass....move on and re-group loser

The Mavs weren't more aggressive, they were shooting jumpers most of the game. The points in the paint primarily came off of rebounds.

Sportstudi
73 with end of RS, streak goes on next season.

74... :toast

underdawg

6 intentional ft's given to erika

mavs 34 ft's
spurs 14 ft's

jag
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Anthony Randolph/Monolysab1k

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151147

TE
04-18-2010, 10:10 PM
this is actually why they choke in the playoffs. Eventually they stop treating dirk like a special needs little girl and when players are allowed to be physical with his crystal ass, he has no idea how to react.
Because it never happens until deep into the playoffs.

So it actually works against the mavs in the long term.
Bad for us though.

lmfao

DubMcDub
04-18-2010, 10:11 PM

What's going to happen when Duncan and Manu play? -- Spurs fan on Wednesday night.

When are you guys gonna learn that you can't just take the result of one game and say, "Yeah, but what's gonna happen when X"? It doesn't work. Never has.

Avitus1
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Shhhh if you keep talking about Dirk you'll get a foul and he'll go to the line..... Again

badfish22
04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Mixability
04-18-2010, 10:16 PM
The NBA has been ruined by players trying to get call and not trying to make shots. We're guilty of it too, so we just have to make the right adjustments and throw different things at him.

CaptainAmerica
04-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah, this was nothing even close to the D-Wade in the Finals bias. Look up the phantom finals calls on youtube and then talk about bad officiating.

alchemist
04-18-2010, 10:19 PM
The NBA has been ruined by players trying to get call and not trying to make shots. We're guilty of it too, so we just have to make the right adjustments and throw different things at him.
What adjustments are you going to make on a player you aren't allowed to defend? I would love an answer to this.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2010, 10:20 PM
It was still bad officiating.

Death In June

of course a bunch of ignorant ass uneducated fucking Spur Fans would think the disparity was all because the refs gave Dallas FT's. YOU FUCKING HACKED DAMPIER FOR HALF THE GODDAMN GAME BECAUSE YOU WANTED HIM TO GO TO THE FT LINE!I think this is retard for "I have trouble counting."

dav4463

At the rate he's going; he make make 90 in this one series!

mogrovejo
Find a player who can move his feet quick enough to stay in front of him and is long enough to not have to hack and reach in every play and Dirk won't get so many free-throws. Or send help whenever they isolate him in the mid post.

TE
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, this was nothing even close to the D-Wade in the Finals bias. Look up the phantom finals calls on youtube and then talk about bad officiating.

you are retarded. no one on the Spurs can look at Nowitzki without getting called for a foul. sthu.

UnWantedTheory
04-18-2010, 10:25 PM
6-8 Ft for damp and 1 foul on him was not intentional. I know alot of fouls were ghost fouls but oh well. The fouls were terribly in favor of the Mavs, but again with 17 Turnovers & we lost by 6? It is ultimately our fault. We were in the game. Too many turnovers and letting shit get to us. Anyone who thought we were gonna sweep them is relatively retarded. We are the underdogs to begin with. Are we capable of winning this series? Of course. But will we? IDK. The refs dont help, but we have to tighten up our D and stop playing sloppy. Also, our late game line ups were terrible. But I think the Ref's are seeing things that are not there.

Fpoonsie
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
The way the refs were calling fouls hurt the way we defended him.

If you're too afraid to put a body on him in the MOTHER FUCKING PLAYOFFS, he's gonna get relatively easy looks at the basket.

That being said, Dirk was other WORLDLY today. Love his game...just wish they'd allow for a bit more contact.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Find a player who can move his feet quick enough to stay in front of him and is long enough to not have to hack and reach in every play and Dirk won't get so many free-throws. Or send help whenever they isolate him in the mid post.

Bonner does a pretty good job staying in front of Dirk, but as yoyu mentioned the length comes into play on some of the touch fouls. But you can't give Dirk a call eveytime he goes into someone's chest and fades away or pushes off for clearance.

alchemist
04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
If you saw the game this cannot be your real solution in defending Dirk.

ecksrobecks
04-18-2010, 10:30 PM
At the rate he's going; he make make 90 in this one series!

at the rate he's going, 48 by my count

ajGambino
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
But I think the Ref's are seeing things that are not there.

Fuck the refs.

Kermit
04-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think Wade ever got a veritable bj on the court from Bavetta. Tonight was fucking pathetic.

Johnny RIngo
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM

Wrong. It's just as comparable. Repost from the main thread about FTA/FGA:

2006:

Wade(reg season): .569
Duncan(reg season): .437
Dirk(reg season): .383

In the second round, Dirk received a sizable boost compared to TD:

Dirk vs Spurs: .726
Duncan vs Mavs: .626

In the Finals, the Mavs evaporated when Dirk stopped receiving the superstar treatment he was getting in the earlier rounds:

Wade vs Mavs: .698
Dirk vs Heat: .526

This year:

Duncan(reg season): .345
Dirk(reg season): .389

Duncan(tonight): .25
Dirk(tonight): .857 (fucking ridiculous for a perimeter player)

Dirk's field goal attempts decrease while the amount of free throws he takes skyrockets. Mav fan really has no right to bitch about Wade when Dirk is getting such preferential treatment from the refs.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Although the free throws were EXTREMELY lopsided, we still had a chance. Duncan and Manu are both guilty of the turnovers, regardless of how well they played otherwise. Tony seems to be finding his groove back in going to the basket. Antonio played well, and I believe he and Bonner player great defense on Dirk. Dirk simply couldn't miss a shot, and if he did, he was sent to the line. We need to step up in game 2, we need less turnovers, GHILL, and the ball in Manu's hands at ALL TIMES when he is on the court.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Dirk spends more time trying to get calls then actually playing genuine basketball.

Let's frame this.

sefant77
04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
You cant touch a shooters arm.

You cant push him offbalance.

You cant use both hands.

Some Spurs players should read the rulebook and doesnt do this crap to a 90+FT shooter. Thats like always handchecking a driving Wade or Bryant and complain about the calls...

Kermit
04-18-2010, 10:36 PM

You cant use both hands.

Some Spurs players should read the rulebook and doesnt do this crap to a 90+FT shooter. Thats like always handchecking a driving Wade or Bryant and complain about the calls...

The old read the rulebook defense. So when the Mavericks do those things and don't get called for a foul it's aggressive play, right? What about when the air conditioning blows him over as it seems to do on a regular basis?

StoneBuddha
The officiating wasn't even close to being as bad as the Spurs-Mavs in 2006. Plus in that series, the Spurs were clearly playing a higher level of basketball, which made it much harder to swallow.

Still, if they are going to give Dirk all those and 1's, it'd be nice if Duncan got his calls in the paint as well.

dickface

You cant use both hands.

":cry :cry :cry the Spurs are playing solid defense! If the refs weren't so fucking biased, Spurs would go 82-0/16-0 in the playoffs ever year! Fuck the refs, they don't want SA winning titles even though they've already won 4! :cry :cry :cry"

dickface
04-18-2010, 10:37 PM
:cry :cry :cry

Kermit
04-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I like cock.

mogrovejo
04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
If you saw the game this cannot be your real solution in defending Dirk.

I saw. Why not?

TE
04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Wrong. It's just as comparable. Repost from the main thread about FTA/FGA:

2006:

Wade(reg season): .569
Duncan(reg season): .437
Dirk(reg season): .383

In the second round, Dirk received a sizable boost compared to TD:

Dirk vs Spurs: .726
Duncan vs Mavs: .626

In the Finals, the Mavs evaporated when Dirk stopped receiving the superstar treatment he was getting in the earlier rounds:

Wade vs Mavs: .698
Dirk vs Heat: .526

This year:

Duncan(reg season): .345
Dirk(reg season): .389

Duncan(tonight): .25
Dirk(tonight): .857 (fucking ridiculous for a perimeter player)

Dirk's field goal attempts decrease while the amount of free throws he takes skyrockets. Mav fan really has no right to bitch about Wade when Dirk is getting such preferential treatment from the refs.

This :smchode:

Spurminator
04-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Findog was right.

alchemist
04-18-2010, 10:41 PM

You cant use both hands.

:lmao Look at how the Mavs were allowed to mug Tim in the post but you couldn't breath on Dirk, you Mav faggots disgust me. :bang

alchemist
04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I saw. Why not?
A lot of those calls weren't reach ins, some of them were fouls on players fighting for position. You can't body or front him otherwise it's a foul.

Meanwhile Damp and Haywood are allowed to body Tim without picking up fouls.

sefant77
04-18-2010, 10:46 PM
:lmao Look at how the Mavs were allowed to mug Tim in the post but you couldn't breath on Dirk, you Mav faggots disgust me. :bang

Your parents must be proud. But i guess your father blames his sister for it...

KaiRMD1
04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
You know what's funny, I don't hear none of the same people complaining about Wade saying anything tonight. I guess there's nothing but a bunch of Mark Cuban's in Dallas.......oh well, "good" win Dallas, hope the refs bail you out some more in the series

mogrovejo
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
A lot of those calls weren't reach ins, some of them were fouls on players fighting for position. You can't body or front him otherwise it's a foul.

Meanwhile Damp and Haywood are allowed to body Tim without picking up fouls.

Define "a lot".

alchemist
04-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Define "a lot".
I'll give you an exact amount tomorrow after I'm done rewatching the DVR copy, should be a treat to watch that mess again :bang :lol

Your parents must be proud. But i guess your father blames his sister for it...
good ole family joke :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-18-2010, 11:11 PM

It was six FTs during hackadamp. Move along retard.

ZB 512
04-18-2010, 11:33 PM
yea it was only the most one sided rigged finals series ive ever seen in many years watching sports

the all time free throw attempt record that DWhistle set in that series will never be broken

crc21209
04-18-2010, 11:42 PM
If these calls are what are considered fouls nowadays I'd love to see what a foul in the 80's would get you today...most likely a 5-10 game suspension or worse..:lol

duhoh
04-18-2010, 11:55 PM

uh no. he shot like 4 FTs from that strategy. it stopped when he made both in a row.

but anyways, carry on

ZB 512
04-18-2010, 11:58 PM
uh no. he shot like 4 FTs from that strategy. it stopped when he made both in a row.

but anyways, carry on

did you watch the game?

the Hack a Damp let to 8 FT attempts, and they hacked him on two other shots in the post instead of letting him have point blank shots

Brodels
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM

I seem to remember just about everybody defending Dirk except for the two people who really could have made a difference. Matt Bonner played meaningful minutes. The Spurs turned the ball over way too many times. Hill and Jefferson were useless.

I guess if blaming it all on the refs makes you feel better, go for it. I expect that the Mavs will win some more games in this series, and the free throw disparity might not always be in the Mavs' favor, so you better be preparing some other excuses now.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Spurs have no one that can handle Dirk. It's pretty obvious. They match more poorly now than in 2006 due to this. They miss Bowen badly.

Brodels
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Spurs have no one that can handle Dirk. It's pretty obvious. They match more poorly now than in 2006 due to this. They miss Bowen badly.

I'd think they'd do o.k. if McDyess and Duncan defended him most of the time with someone like Blair getting a chance to defend him some. Dirk's not going to shoot as well as he did last night every game. I'm not worried about what Dirk brings to the table. I'm more worried about how the Spurs choose to defend him and whether or not they can fix all of the other issues.

sonic21
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Mavs outplayed the Spurs. The refereeing was pretty even.

poop
04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
yea it was only the most one sided rigged finals series ive ever seen in many years watching sports

the all time free throw attempt record that DWhistle set in that series will never be broken

Dirk is the spurs' D-Whistle.

the travesty in the '06 spurs-mavs series was just as bad as what happened to you fags in the finals, except you guys 'won' that series so you ignore it.

bus driver
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM

+1

the funny part is on april 28th we will be laughing at mavs fan and waiting for the second round to start:wakeup

DarrinS
04-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Only thing Dirk has ever "owned".

http://bikeblogs.org/sf/files/2008/11/stationary_bike.jpg

lefty
04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Is that Dirk crying after the 2006 Finals ?

Kermit
04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
I just want to apologize for all the free-throw whining I did last night. I was drunk and frustrated that if Dirk wasn't throwing shit in, he was getting fouled on seemingly bullshit phantom calls (there was probably only one instance of this happening, but again I was drunk). I hope I didn't insinuate that Dallas won the game because of the free-throw discrepency. Dirk, Kidd, and Co. played well last night and deserved to win. Hopefully the Spurs can win on Wednesday and make this a series.

redzero
04-19-2010, 01:30 PM
They are in serious..serious trouble, no joke.

Yeah, the Spurs have them right where they want them--ahead in the series.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I just want to apologize for all the free-throw whining I did last night. I was drunk and frustrated that if Dirk wasn't throwing shit in, he was getting fouled on seemingly bullshit phantom calls (there was probably only one instance of this happening, but again I was drunk). I hope I didn't insinuate that Dallas won the game because of the free-throw discrepency. Dirk, Kidd, and Co. played well last night and deserved to win. Hopefully the Spurs can win on Wednesday and make this a series.
:toast

lefty
04-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a very small penis.

Kermit
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
blahblahblah

It only feels small to you because of your big mouth.

lefty
04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok, not bad :lol

Kermit
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok, not bad :lol

It was either that or...

I was in the pool!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SpXbFHvszvI/AAAAAAAAGp0/itVIufU6ydU/s400/george_costanza_seinfeld_shrinkage_in_the_pool.jpg

lefty
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
It was either that or...

I was in the pool!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SpXbFHvszvI/AAAAAAAAGp0/itVIufU6ydU/s400/george_costanza_seinfeld_shrinkage_in_the_pool.jpg

Yeah the significant shrinkage excuse would have been less harsh on me

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I seem to remember just about everybody defending Dirk except for the two people who really could have made a difference. Matt Bonner played meaningful minutes. The Spurs turned the ball over way too many times. Hill and Jefferson were useless.

I guess if blaming it all on the refs makes you feel better, go for it. I expect that the Mavs will win some more games in this series, and the free throw disparity might not always be in the Mavs' favor, so you better be preparing some other excuses now.

I don't discount that we made a ton of mistakes (particuarly turnovers).

At the same time, if Dirk doesn't get a whistle every time one of our guys breathes on him, we win that game.

dude1394
04-19-2010, 07:40 PM

It's true the spurs are getting jobbed by the nba. Stern hates them and never gives them a break, they are constantly getting messed over by the refs. It's a shock that they win one game let alone a championship when the refs have been bought and paid for.

Truly...

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't discount that we made a ton of mistakes (particuarly turnovers).

At the same time, if Dirk doesn't get a whistle every time one of our guys breathes on him, we win that game.

Which of the 6 shooting fouls called on Dirk defenders last night were bogus? Give examples.

pjjrfan
04-19-2010, 07:44 PM
The refs did give the Mavs a lot of calls, but the Spurs had plenty of chances to take this game, they kept turning it over, and early in the 3rd they failed to score on 3 straight Mav turnovers. To me that was the game right there.

badfish22
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
":cry :cry :cry the Spurs are playing solid defense! If the refs weren't so fucking biased, Spurs would go 82-0/16-0 in the playoffs ever year! Fuck the refs, they don't want SA winning titles even though they've already won 4! :cry :cry :cry"

:lmao

badfish22
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM

:lmao

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Which of the 6 shooting fouls called on Dirk defenders last night were bogus? Give examples.

Post up some video or give a link to the fouls and compare them to the beating Tim took, then let's discuss.

sribb43
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a pussy hurt spurs fan :cry :cry :cry

fifteenth man
04-19-2010, 08:42 PM

Wow. I came over to see what you guys thought about the game. Is this it really? You think Dirk wasn't getting fouled?

We must not have been watching the same game. The Spurs game plan is to body Dirk and be as physical as possible. When Bonner has a leg, hip and arm on Dirk's leg, hip and shoulder while Dirk is shooting, that's a foul. Sorry.

If Pop doesn't want the Mavs to shoot so many free throws he might have the guys not foul so much.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow. I came over to see what you guys thought about the game. Is this it really? You think Dirk wasn't getting fouled?

We must not have been watching the same game. The Spurs game plan is to body Dirk and be as physical as possible. When Bonner has a leg, hip and arm on Dirk's leg, hip and shoulder while Dirk is shooting, that's a foul. Sorry.

If Pop doesn't want the Mavs to shoot so many free throws he might have the guys not foul so much.

So how do you feel about Dampier falling asleep on top of Tim's back?

fifteenth man
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
So how do you feel about Dampier falling asleep on top of Tim's back?

Our gameplan is similar. Damp plays Timmy as physical as possible. He leans on him and tries to force him to catch the ball a few feet away from his sweet spot. When Timmy shoots Damp tries to get his hands up and not fall for the fakes. Traditionally Timmy goes to the line several times a game because of Damp's defense.

As far as laying on someone's back goes. I am amazed sometimes at how much away from the ball contact is allowed. If you think the Mavs and Spurs are bad, watch Portland. They beat the crap out of whoever is trying to get open to receive a pass.

fifteenth man
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Oops. I didn't answer your question. As to how I feel about Damp leaning on Timmy and making him work for everything he gets, it makes me happy.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
If they call the foul on Damp like they did the touch fouls on Bonner and Mase, then I'LL be happy. I'm not whining, I just think fair is fair and at some point you have to even the playing field.

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Post up some video or give a link to the fouls and compare them to the beating Tim took, then let's discuss.

predictable response...I didnt think you would give any examples of which of the 6 fouls were bogus

maybe a Spurs fan will surprise me

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
predictable response...I didnt think you would give any examples of which of the 6 fouls were bogus

maybe a Spurs fan will surprise me

Sorry I couldn't impress you. To flip the script, I actually did witness Bonner tap Dirk on the elbow on a jumper....I agreed with that call for what it's worth.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM

So why is it Dirk gets 14 FTs, while Tim gets the same treatment for Dampier and Haywood and gets half that? Just call it both ways...

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM
So why is it Dirk gets 14 FTs, while Tim gets the same treatment for Dampier and Haywood and gets half that? Just call it both ways...

You'll never convince some of these guys playing straight up wit ha body to Dirk is legal....you can't touch the guy. Just ask Mase at the enod of the 1st half or Bonner for much of the 2nd half.

ezau
04-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Nothing to see here. Dirk always gets the calls when he plays against SA. Even if they beat us here in the playoffs, they're going to get assraped again in the Finals. Way to go chokers

senorglory
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Saw nothing that would suggest refs were biased. FT differential easily explained by Spurs lack of offensive aggressiveness and Dirk's herky-jerky skills in drawing contact.

I watched the game, and I'm a Spurs fan. I'm pissed/depressed that we lost, but man what a great game. Dirk was phenomenal, and Spurs were tenacious and kept in the game till the 4th despite a slow starting Duncan and an inordinate amount of unforced errors.

Can't wait for game 2, Spurs are gonna storm back.

MavDynasty
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Nothing to see here. Dirk always gets the calls when he plays against SA. Even if they beat us here in the playoffs, they're going to get assraped again in the Finals. Way to go chokers

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Damn yo, your butthurt is showing.

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I actually did witness Bonner tap Dirk on the elbow on a jumper....I agreed with that call for what it's worth.

ONE of his shots? Are you bloody serious?

I certainly wont take any of your further posts re: fouls seriously

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 10:36 PM

Dirk had 12 FTs...

btw, how many FT attempts has Duncan averaged over the last couple of seasons...im just curious

DubMcDub
04-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I love the implicit and horribly flawed assumption that a FT disparity means that the refs aren't calling it evenly both ways.

Question: Does a rebounding disparity mean that the refs aren't calling enough loose ball fouls on the team with more rebounds?

NewJerSpur
04-20-2010, 01:06 AM
ONE of his shots? Are you bloody serious?

I certainly wont take any of your further posts re: fouls seriously

I'm very disheartened by this statement, and don't know how I will continue to post on this forum WITHOUT your respect....guess I'll have to get along somehow.

Again, get the film rolling and let's go through them. Let's also compare Dirk's "fouls" to Tim's abuse.

kaji157
04-20-2010, 01:17 AM
I love the implicit and horribly flawed assumption that a FT disparity means that the refs aren't calling it evenly both ways.

Question: Does a rebounding disparity mean that the refs aren't calling enough loose ball fouls on the team with more rebounds?

Man if you assume every foul on Dirk was called fine, then check everytime Duncan goes hard to the rim and miss, or when Ginobili drives and miss and that there is the same contact but no call.

If you call it by a no harm no foul, then Nowitzki gets only 2 FT, if you call all ticky tack fouls, then Manu should have gotten 10 FT and so should Duncan.

DubMcDub
04-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Man if you assume every foul on Dirk was called fine, then check everytime Duncan goes hard to the rim and miss, or when Ginobili drives and miss and that there is the same contact but no call.

If you call it by a no harm no foul, then Nowitzki gets only 2 FT, if you call all ticky tack fouls, then Manu should have gotten 10 FT and so should Duncan.

Prove to me that the contact on Duncan/Ginobili was the same as the contact on Dirk.

NewJerSpur
04-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Duncan was in the paint with guys draped all over him whenever he rose up for his shot and they allowed them to play through. Dirk raises up to shoot with guys standing straight up and gets foul calls because he buries himself in their chests.

DubMcDub
04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Duncan was in the paint with guys draped all over him whenever he rose up for his shot and they allowed them to play through. Dirk raises up to shoot with guys standing straight up and gets foul calls because he buries himself in their chests.

Thank you for the unbiased description of objective reality that is not at all tainted by your fanhood.

NewJerSpur
04-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Thank you for the unbiased description of objective reality that is not at all tainted by your fanhood.

Trust me, this has nothing to do with bias or fandom in support of my guy. Why do you think most Mav fans aren't chyming in on this subject? Because the know Dirk got calls!!! It wasn't the end-all deciding factor of the game, but it was bigger than just numbers in affecting the outcome of the game....as I've been mentioning the last 24 hours it impacts how you are able to guard Dirk and in turn how guys can defend Tim, which was totally unbalanced. They gave Dirk the benefit of the doubt and prohibited anyone on a perimeter island from having any real physical contact with him, even when he was played straight....meanwhile Tim was being banged around with guys continuously hanging on to him with no call.

The guy primarily backing the lopsided officiating wants proof as to why the fouls weren't fouls for some reason, but won't give ANY indication why the calls were legit and why Tim was allowed to be manhandled.

TJastal
04-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Trust me, this has nothing to do with bias or fandom in support of my guy. Why do you think most Mav fans aren't chyming in on this subject? Because the know Dirk got calls!!! It wasn't the end-all deciding factor of the game, but it was bigger than just numbers in affecting the outcome of the game....as I've been mentioning the last 24 hours it impacts how you are able to guard Dirk and in turn how guys can defend Tim, which was totally unbalanced. They gave Dirk the benefit of the doubt and prohibited anyone on a perimeter island from having any real physical contact with him, even when he was played straight....meanwhile Tim was being banged around with guys continuously hanging on to him with no call.

The guy primarily backing the lopsided officiating wants proof as to why the fouls weren't fouls for some reason, but won't give ANY indication why the calls were legit and why Tim was allowed to be manhandled.

Get a clue.

Duncan didn't have guys "draped all over him" in the paint, he hardly spent any time in the paint. He was slow and indecisive on most of his touches, resulting in balls getting poked away .. numerous turnovers from being stripped of the ball because he stood there like a statue for 5 seconds holding the ball in front of himself. If he actually made decisive moves to the basket he might have gotten some whistles, but he didn't.

#2!
04-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Putting game 1 aside,

Who wants to bet that Joey Crawford officiates the Spurs first elimination game?

poop
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
for a typical Dirk 'foul', see below.

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2010, 12:04 PM

:lol

Preferential treatment goes to the perimeter players, these days, while the post players get raped by the refs.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Mavfans have been crying about Wade's # of foul shots for 4 years and counting :lol

TJastal
04-20-2010, 12:06 PM

If you take a swipe at a jumpshooter's arm as he's raising to shoot you SHOULD get called every single time.

Contest the fucking shot at the point of release instead like your fucking taught to do in Basketball 101

easy7
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM

Probably in the last two games...:lmao

TJastal
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Probably in the last two games...:lmao

Actually you need to go back all the way to March to find the start of that streak... he's averaged 8.4 FTA per game in that time frame

For comparison sake, Manu has averaged 7.6 in the same time frame.

easy7
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM

And most everyone in the Mavs can handle Dick... That is why this series will be close.

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Putting game 1 aside,

Who wants to bet that Joey Crawford officiates the Spurs first elimination game?

My initial guess is that Joe Derosa will be crew chief in Game 2; if its not him, it will be Joey Crawford or Ken Mauer.

poop
04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
If you take a swipe at a jumpshooter's arm as he's raising to shoot you SHOULD get called every single time.

Contest the fucking shot at the point of release instead like your fucking taught to do in Basketball 101

yeah, i mean he just got HACKED on that shot :rolleyes

DisAsTerBot
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM

if you're not a shotblocker, ie a guard, you go for the strip of the big man on his way up

TJastal
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
yeah, i mean he just got HACKED on that shot :rolleyes

A foul is a foul, whether its a complete HACK job or sly swipe on the arm. Just because it's a sly foul doesn't mean its not a foul.

It's not like defenders don't have options.. they can contest the shot (or block it) or extend a hand in the face.

If they wanna swipe across the arm it's a foul every time, I don't know why anyone would argue this... just don't foul a jumpshooter and you won't get called, easy as that.

TJastal
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
if you're not a shotblocker, ie a guard, you go for the strip of the big man on his way up

So expect to get called for a foul if you miss the ball and rake the arm.. right?

Rummpd
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Mavs were the better team for one game - no excuses, lace em up and if the resilient Spurs bring it they win game two period.