PDA

View Full Version : Mavs got some calls tonight

Lukor
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Mav fan here. It was obvious the Mavs got some calls tonight, but if you only have 2 offensive threats(Duncan&Gino) that is more worrisome than some calls not going your way. That happens when the other team has home court. So don't worry, the Spurs played well, there was just nobody who stepped up besides Duncan and Ginobili.

Jdspur20
04-18-2010, 09:57 PM
i'm so glad i dont have to worry. we finally have a mavs fan to tell us we played well....

jdev82
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
aww thanks for the reassurance. really needed that. i feel so warm.

i would not call the police if you said you were going to kill yourself, just saying.

texbumTHElife
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately this Mavs fan is more spot on than half the Spurs fans around here. The lopsided free throws didn't decide this game. The stagnant, uninspired, sloppy play of the Spurs decided this game.

They either tried to play at the Mavs tempo and couldn't keep one foot in front of the other or they went completely lethargic and stood around.

Also, a line-up with Bonner, Mason and Bogans on the floor at the same time in a playoff game is inexcusable.

silospur
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Lets get real, 30+ plus fts vs 10+ If you don't think that makes a difference I don't think you were watching the same game.

rayray2k8
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Makes no difference. We need to make stops.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I have to disagree with some here that the FTs dif didn't make a difference. It's true except for a couple players the Spurs played non-post season BB but it's also true - and it has to be conceded up to certain degree - that you can't mount any kind of momentum in your play or strategy if you keep getting blown calls all night long. There was basically no defense possible on Noringslki without being called for a foul.

So it does make a difference. As I said before, expect some whining and complaining and due adjustment for game 2.

blizz
04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
i agree....FTs played a part....and it's not always about FTs, fouls PERIOD. when you can't touch a guy...it HAS to change how you play him.

Stringer_Bell
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
It doesn't matter.

The Spurs were within striking distance regardless of the FT amounts. It's a non-issue when you take into account the cute passes that caused turnovers, "let Dirk make everything, just keep the other guys out of it" philosophy, and Roger Mason Jr getting 9 minutes at the worst times.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
I agree with what you say but I stand by my opinion. You can't build momentum if you keep getting blown calls against the same guy you are trying to defend. It's supposed to be 5 vs 5 and you can't have one of them being bulletproof.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree with what you say but I stand by my opinion. You can't build momentum if you keep getting blown calls against the same guy you are trying to defend. It's supposed to be 5 vs 5 and you can't have one of them being bulletproof.

Agreed. It's not that Dallas didn't play better overall (especially on the boards), but they were free to play the Spurs however they wanted and were able to rebound from the Spurs runs because of the phantom fouls.

The Spurs had a lot of no-shows, that's for sure and that has to change moving forward, but the officiating was absolutely terrible.

Biggems
04-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Mav fan here. It was obvious the Mavs got some calls tonight, but if you only have 2 offensive threats(Duncan&Gino) that is more worrisome than some calls not going your way. That happens when the other team has home court. So don't worry, the Spurs played well, there was just nobody who stepped up besides Duncan and Ginobili.

thank you for admitting the Mavs got the calls.....i have been waiting for this for 5 years now.

I expect the Mavs to get home cookin, but tonight was insane. That being said......Hill, Jefferson, Bonner, Mason, Bogans all need to step up and play better. If those guys are not going to contribute, the Mavs are going to rape us again.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-18-2010, 10:43 PM
I agree with this. The Spurs' bench was pathetic while the Mav's were getting a lot of contribution. Charity time is over, for example, if Mason can't play at all then he shouldn't be on the court at all. There were some bad combos out there at times that made it easier for the Mavs to jump over the Spurs and kill the game.