PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki was Jordan-esque tonight

etbluffer
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Dirk Nowitzki was an mvp tonight. He hit big shots, and more importantly got some amazing calls. The officials catered to him all night, just as Jordan was in the 90's. The Spurs are going to need a fourth player step up to cancel him out.

qiuyizeng
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
fuck nowitzki

jestersmash
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
nowinski's about 6 rings away from ever being jordan-esque.

hell, he's 4 rings away from being duncan-esque

jestersmash
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
nowinski's about 6 rings away from ever being jordan-esque.

hell, he's 4 rings away from being duncan-esque

StoneBuddha
04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
His shooting was pretty amazing. We're going to need him to come down to Earth to win this series. He pretty much lit up every single Spur that guarded him.

:depressed

timvp
04-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Nowitzki was Jesus-esque tonight

Fixed.

DALLAS MAVS 247
04-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Dirk is going to murder the spurs this series, count on it.

1 down, 3 to go.

TE
04-18-2010, 10:46 PM
the shots he made are ridiculous. but the preferential treatment he gets for being a pussy ass 7 foot perimeter player is uncalled for.

longhorn
04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Every time a Spur fucking touched him they blew the whistle, while Duncan sometimes would get hacked and nothing was called. Just another example of the big market teams getting the edge.

Chubby_Love
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, and Dirk has six rings, and has never choked against the Miami Heat! Hell of a comparison trying to put Dirk, and Michael Jordan in the same realm. Duncan deserved that more than Dirk. :domokun

ecksrobecks
04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
they were trying to guard him one on one with matt bonner and keith bogans...what else did you expect?

Waps1980
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
He was on fire alright but shooting 85% won't happen often he's usually only 48% shooter, things will level out bring on his 2 from 13 next game.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I believe Bonner and Dyes played pretty decent defense on him. He just couldn't miss, along with the fact you couldn't so much as look at him without getting called for a foul.

He couldn't have played better than this, the refs couldn't have been more lopsided, the Spurs couldn't have turned the ball over much worse than this.

And we lose by 6 IN DALLAS, in game 1..

Why? Manu and Tim are still Manu and Tim. If these two continue to play this way,(while still cutting down on the turnovers), we will be fine..

vander
04-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't have a whole lot of respect for most of the "stars" in the NBA, what do Lebron and Howard do other than jump higher and run faster and dunk... fuck them, but I have mad Respect for Nowiitzki, that fade away, that's what I always practiced growing up, practice one unguardable shot and excel at it, that was my philosophy. well Nowitzki damn ass hell fucking perfected that shot to inhuman levels, mad props to Nowitzki... :depressed

Killakobe81
04-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Even Mj, Kobe never shot THAT efficiently ...

that was Even better than Melo the other night.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2010, 11:49 PM
sound like a troll

Bender
04-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Every time a Spur fucking touched him they blew the whistle, while Duncan sometimes would get hacked and nothing was called. Just another example of the big market teams getting the edge.
one of the FSN guys called Nowitzki a bubble boy, you're not allowed to touch him...

TD 21
04-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh, please. It's amazing that this guy continues to fool people. Obviously he shot a high percentage, just like any quality big man would when he's got a bunch of midgets guarding him. I don't care what anyone says, this guy routinely get's the most ridiculous calls in the league. I especially liked the one where he lightly head butted Bonner's arms twice, then shot a fallaway, yet Bonner was called with a foul.

The thing that bugs me most about this performance is it feeds into this notion that Spurs fans have that this guy is better than he actually is. Very good player, a Hall of Famer, but not an all-time great.

People can analyze the turnovers, Jefferson not stepping up, the lack of defensive rebounding, etc. until they're blue in the face. The reality is if Nowitzki is going to continue to get the whistle like that, the Spurs aren't winning this series.

crc21209
04-18-2010, 11:53 PM
one of the FSN guys called Nowitzki a bubble boy, you're not allowed to touch him...

:lol It was Sean...

JMitchMFFL
04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't have a whole lot of respect for most of the "stars" in the NBA, what do Lebron and Howard do other than jump higher and run faster and dunk... fuck them, but I have mad Respect for Nowiitzki, that fade away, that's what I always practiced growing up, practice one unguardable shot and excel at it, that was my philosophy. well Nowitzki damn ass hell fucking perfected that shot to inhuman levels, mad props to Nowitzki... :depressed

Finally someone who gives credit. Give credit where it's due guys come on.

Maybe some weren't fouls but a lot of them were no matter how biased you are.

It was a great game and easily the best game of the first round. It's only going to get better.

By the way, RJ played like complete shit tonight and that will have to be corrected if you guys are going to compete every game. JET and Marion won't be that terrible next game. Always great playing the Spurs though. Good game, guys.