PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will win game 2

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I saw all I needed to see. Manu and Tim look healthy and Spurs made correctable mistakes, a lot of mistakes but it was only a 6 point loss despite epicly bad officiating.

That said, Richard Jefferson and Roger Mason don't need to see the floor. They're not built for playoff basketball. This isn't the Eastern Conference circa 2002.

Avitus1
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Agreed! Spurs not only win game 2 but they win the series. Why Roger Mason got more then a sniff of the floor is beyond me. RJ needs to wake the fuck up earn his pay or sit his ass on the bench with RMJ's worthless ass.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 10:10 PM
If we see Mason out there, and it's not garbage time, Pop should choke himself.

TampaDude
04-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Spurs in 6. Book it.

mexicanjunior
Unless Pop wakes up and traps Dirk every possession, we have no chance. No one on this roster can guard Dirk 1 on 1, let the rest of them beat us.

SanAntonioSpurs23
Spurs don't win shit if Hill isn't 100% and Blair gets less than 10 minutes.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Manu echoing my thoughts in postgame interview.

Death In June
04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
We still got this. Hopefully pop doesn't go small, doesn't play mase, and uses blair as the first big substitute off the bench.

gameFACE
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
They have to win Game 2. If not RJ can decide to opt out, Mason can go back to architecture and Bonner can open a sandwich shop.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:28 PM
They have to win Game 2. If not RJ can decide to opt out, Mason can go back to architecture and Bonner can open a sandwich shop.

RJ opting out would leave me 80% as satisfied this offseason as winning a championship would.

ElNono
04-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I have a good feeling about game 2. However, they'll also adjust for Manu and Tim.
We need much more from other guys like RJ, Blair and Hill.
No more small ball and win the battle of the boards. I think the turnover situation is also correctable. You have to give props to Dallas defense for some of those, but quite a few of them were entirely our fault.

DJB
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Totally agree. This is a winnable series, regardless of this loss.

DPG21920
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I did not really see anything I needed to see except Tim playing at a level that the Spurs will need.

Tito_Trinidad
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM
so this is the thread to get some phycological relief??? pathetic.

ecksrobecks
04-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Unless Pop wakes up and traps Dirk every possession, we have no chance. No one on this roster can guard Dirk 1 on 1, let the rest of them beat us.

that's what they tried last year...

jack sommerset
04-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Sad. Just fucking sad.

jack sommerset
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Spew fans, take a collective breath..................

It's over!

DMX7
Tim Duncan, post game: "We gave it away."

DubMcDub
There is nothing that could have happened in this game short of an injury to a key Spurs player that would have prevented some of you from saying, "Spurs will still win. Book it." Not even a monumental Mavs' blowout.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Game 2 is a must win, and I believe they will win it.

I saw a healthy Manu and Timmy, with a decent Tony. At this point though, I'd rather Manu be handling the ball when he is on the floor instead of Tony.

We'll be fine.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
There is nothing that could have happened in this game short of an injury to a key Spurs player that would have prevented some of you from saying, "Spurs will still win. Book it." Not even a monumental Mavs' blowout.

A 6-point win with Dirk getting the Jesus treatment makes you think this series is over?

DubMcDub
04-18-2010, 10:55 PM
A 6-point win with Dirk getting the Jesus treatment makes you think this series is over?

How in the world did you get "The series is over" from my post? I was simply commenting that no matter what happened in this game, Spurs fans would find some reason to be confident about winning the next one. I know this from experience--the Spurs suffered an epic beatdown in Game 3 last year, and this board was littered with optimism that the Spurs would win Game 4 for this and that reason.

The point isn't at all that the series is "over." It's not. The point is that people are always going to find a reason to say that their team will win the next one.

TFloss32
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I saw all I needed to see. Manu and Tim look healthy and Spurs made correctable mistakes, a lot of mistakes but it was only a 6 point loss despite epicly bad officiating.

That said, Richard Jefferson and Roger Mason don't need to see the floor. They're not built for playoff basketball. This isn't the Eastern Conference circa 2002.

The Spurs could definitely win this series. However, their lack of consistency throughout the entire year and little contribution from their supporting cast will doom them. Hill and Jefferson HAVE to show up. I gave up on Mason long ago.

RJ opting out would leave me 80% as satisfied this offseason as winning a championship would.

Richard Jefferson opting out is lose/lose aside from the fact that you wouldn't have to see him in a Spurs uniform anymore.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
How in the world did you get "The series is over" from my post? I was simply commenting that no matter what happened in this game, Spurs fans would find some reason to be confident about winning the next one. I know this from experience--the Spurs suffered an epic beatdown in Game 3 last year, and this board was littered with optimism that the Spurs would win Game 4 for this and that reason.

The point isn't at all that the series is "over." It's not. The point is that people are always going to find a reason to say that their team will win the next one.

They think there team will win the next one because they are fans. If you don't like this, then quit trolling a rival teams fan forum, and go to your own.

Game 2 will be a great game.

I believe that if Dallas wins, the series will be over in 6 in the Mavs favor.

I believe that if the Spurs win, the series will be over in 6 in the Spurs favor.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
The Spurs could definitely win this series. However, their lack of consistency throughout the entire year and little contribution from their supporting cast will doom them. Hill and Jefferson HAVE to show up. I gave up on Mason long ago.

Richard Jefferson opting out is lose/lose aside from the fact that you wouldn't have to see him in a Spurs uniform anymore.

Isn't it a win win?

We don't have to see his pathetic ass on the floor anymore(WIN). We get rid of his giant overpaid contract(WIN)..

What would be a lose in this situation?

DMX7
04-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Not me. I knew without Ginobili last year, we were screwed. I think the Spurs will win this series, should I have seen something to make me think otherwise?

DubMcDub
04-18-2010, 11:02 PM
They think there team will win the next one because they are fans. If you don't like this, then quit trolling a rival teams fan forum, and go to your own.

Game 2 will be a great game.

I believe that if Dallas wins, the series will be over in 6 in the Mavs favor.

I believe that if the Spurs win, the series will be over in 6 in the Spurs favor.

It's not that I don't expect to see optimism. What's funny is the things people try to spin into optimism (i.e., "Mavs only won by 6"). I mean, it's just hilarious to me.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
T

Try Win-Lose. We win, he loses.

DubMcDub
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Not me. I knew without Ginobili last year, we were screwed. I think the Spurs will win this series, should I have seen something to make me think otherwise?

I'm not going to say you should have seen something to make you think otherwise, no. But if you want to say that you saw something tonight that makes you believe affirmatively that they will win...i don't think you're being objective. To put it another way: if you went into this series thinking that the Spurs would lose, nothing tonight could have reasonably changed your mind.

JustinJDW
04-19-2010, 12:45 AM

That said, Richard Jefferson and Roger Mason don't need to see the floor. They're not built for playoff basketball. This isn't the Eastern Conference circa 2002.Awesome. I am glad to see I wasn't the only guy with this mindset after the game. Spurs are fine. We are going to win this Series.

We got this. We got this.

blkroadrunners
04-19-2010, 01:44 AM
If the Spurs can limit their turnovers some and control the fouls, I like their chances Wednesday.

Waps1980
04-19-2010, 04:27 AM
It's not that I don't expect to see optimism. What's funny is the things people try to spin into optimism (i.e., "Mavs only won by 6"). I mean, it's just hilarious to me.
Whats so funny about it you did only win by 6, should of been 20+.
We can't play any worse and yet the Mavs couldn't deal a 20 point drumming to us, if they did maybe then I wouldn't have been feeling to good about the rest of the series.

biziofromdowntown
04-19-2010, 04:45 AM
we will win

Muser
04-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Must win game, if we go 2-0 down then you can pack the fishing gear.

Horse
04-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Tony is still not himself and neither is Hill, that said if they get rid of the unforced turnovers I like our chances

wijayas
04-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Somehow, my gut feeling tells me that we can realistically win this series.
Go Spurs!

Mavs101
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
The Mavs were shooting in the 30s percent wise and the Spurs couldn't put away the Mavs in the first half. Waps1980... you need to see that these two teams are very evenly matched. Once the double teams come on Dirk, which some did last night, other Mavs will pick up the slack. Hopefully, RC lets Roddy come in and get some easy points for the Mavs. Roddy Buckets is the equal to speed and scoring of Manu.

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Spurs have a decent shot...game 2 is close to a must win for them. Mavs are gonna steal at least one game in San Antonio. Not sure if Dirk or Butler will let the Mavs lose though. If Terry has a decent shooting night and Barea doesn't play more than 15 mins I don't think Spurs can win

:elephant

Jimcs50
04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Spurs in 6. Book it.

I already did. I bet $500 to win $1300 for Spurs to win in 6 games.

:toast

timvpimp
04-19-2010, 08:55 AM
The Mavs have to win game 2 to maintain the baton at hand. If lost, they will have to play 3 games in SA (if they survive to game 6), which equals ceding the HCA. It's just how the Spurs managed to lose the series last season IIRC, getting curbstomped in game 1 and won game two, and supposedly lost both games in Dallas, then no hope remained as they carried 1-3 playing game 5 tentatively and finanlly lost the game.

MateoNeygro
04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I hope most of you guys are right. I really can't take another playoff bouncing at the hands of the Cuban, Nowitzki(touch me foul) and the MAVS.

MateoNeygro
04-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I didn't get to watch the game because I'm deployed but once again from the Box score it's hard to accept that officiating wasn't a large part of the loss. Spurs shot better from the field 50% on 39/78 36% on 4/11 from three. 86% from the line at 12/14 but they shot TWENTY yes TWENTY less FTs. Dallas on the other hand shot 47% on 35/74. 5/14 for 36% from THREE. AND SHOT 20 MORE FTS. 25/34 for 74%. THAT'S BULLSHIT!

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope most of you guys are right. I really can't take another playoff bouncing at the hands of the Cuban, Nowitzki(touch me foul) and the MAVS.

Mavs are just as good as the Spurs if not better homer...man up and recognize it

TJastal
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I didn't get to watch the game because I'm deployed but once again from the Box score it's hard to accept that officiating wasn't a large part of the loss. Spurs shot better from the field 50% on 39/78 36% on 4/11 from three. 86% from the line at 12/14 but they shot TWENTY yes TWENTY less FTs. Dallas on the other hand shot 47% on 35/74. 5/14 for 36% from THREE. AND SHOT 20 MORE FTS. 25/34 for 74%. THAT'S BULLSHIT!

Totally agree... Stern should institute a rule for this that all foul calls must be equal by the end of the game. It's the only way to be fair, right?

boutons_deux
04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Spurs ain't gonna win shit if they don't shake off their TO-and-missed-FT flu they've been suffering from for weeks.

ecksrobecks
04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
game 2 is a must win for the spurs. mavs have the best road record in the nba, no doubt they will take one in SA

sa_butta
04-19-2010, 10:34 AM
If Spurs do not win game 2, they will lose the series.

Fpoonsie
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
game 2 is a must win for the spurs. mavs have the best road record in the nba, no doubt they will take one in SA

If Mavs win one in SA, winning the next in DAL won't even matter.

Not sure what anyone saw last night that would lead them to believe we can hang w/ these guys the NEXT game.

Game 1 is usually when the home team gets the road team's best shot. I fully expect a blowout on Wed.

:depressed

SenorSpur
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
I would love to be as optimistic as most, but I don't see any evidence that this Spurs team can take this series. They appear to be overmatched from a talent and depth standpoint - on both ends of the court. No longer can Parker, Duncan and Ginobili, carry the entire load for this team on both ends, with little to no help from the role players.

Again, watching how this team performed for most of the season, it's not surprising in the least. I wish it weren't that way, but I'm simply going off what we've watched all season. Expecting a marginal playoff team, which has performed at a mediocre level all year, to suddently and magically come together for an extended playoff run, is "pie-in-the-sky", wishful thinking.

Furthermore, if the news on Hill is true and he indeed cannot play, the series IS reallly over. Colour me as Capt. Bringdown. :lol

TJastal
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
It's already packed, son. The replies in this thread are hilarious. You clowns think your loss was due to poor performance? How about the Mavs just going out there and taking care of business as expected.

Hey laker fan

Spurs are essentially down their 4th best player (Hill). Who's arguably been their 2nd best player (next to Manu) in the 2nd half of the season.

If your fakers didn't have Bynum healthy (say for instance.. Phil Jackson plays him in the last meaningless game of the season and he reaggravates his achillees)

Then what, faker fan?

TJastal
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
That's what I thought faker fan... you know your team would be totally fucked and in the same boat as the spurs without a healthy Andrew Bynum.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm sticking with my prediction spurs in 5. I knew their would be at least one game where everything went the mavs way and we would still lose by singe digits. I would much rather win game 2 than 1 because you can carry much more momentum going home.

Three things the spurs need to do that they can control. I'm confident they will.

1. Take care of the ball

2. Rebound

3. Offensively feed Tim Duncan more and Manu more pick and rolls.

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm sticking with my prediction spurs in 5. I knew their would be at least one game where everything went the mavs way and we would still lose by singe digits. I would much rather win game 2 than 1 because you can carry much more momentum going home.

Three things the spurs need to do that they can control. I'm confident they will.

1. Take care of the ball

2. Rebound

lol your take is worthless...the Mavs have a better chance of sweeping the Spurs than ya'll winning in 5...get real homer

Fpoonsie
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
One thing that worries me is Terry wasn't much of a factor at ALL last game. Apparently, he's been struggling to find his stroke lately, but if he starts knocking down his outside shot like he USUALLY does against SA, the Spurs are in even deeper shit.

TJastal
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Hill is a scrub that can be replaced by any street corner bum. Stop making excuses and accept your ass whooping like a man. But to answer your question, we won the West without Bynum and Ariza, bitch.

Oh, so that's why your organization was so high on him in the draft huh? How's that Fisher/Farmar combination working out? :lmao

And the only reason you won the west was because of a huge lead that you built WITH a healthy Bynum most of the year. If the season had lasted another month you would have lost that top seed (that's how bad you were playing w/out him) you dumbfuck.

TFloss32
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Isn't it a win win?

We don't have to see his pathetic ass on the floor anymore(WIN). We get rid of his giant overpaid contract(WIN)..

What would be a lose in this situation?

It would be a loss for him because nobody would sign him in the offseason to a long-term deal. It's a loss for the Spurs because they won't see that cap room until the end of next season. In addition to the that, the Spurs won't have his HUGE expiring contract to bargain with.

Try Win-Lose. We win, he loses.

Yeah, we win because we don't have to watch him running around the court like he's lost. The Spurs have a lot more to gain with RJ in a Spurs uniform next year.

elbamba
04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I think the Spurs will come out and focus on getting RJ involved early. They will try to get him in the lane for some easy layups and dunks.

Hill, I think is too injured. He looks like he is trying to force himself to play. Maybe he should sit game 2 out. I would rather have him for the two home games, it is easier to play on a bad ankle in front of your own fans.

Blair needs to get more minutes. Dallas bigs were scoring over Dice and Bonner. Blair plays with way more fire and is capable of puting up double digit points and that is what this team needs. If Bonner comes out and hits his first three then let him play, when he starts to miss 2-3 we need to bench him and go with Blair, way more hustle and heart.

Somebody needs to trip RMJ on his way out from the locker room. He has no business being on the court. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for 3/4 of the season but he just plain sucks. He is mentally weak and has been all year. I would rather see an athletic Temple who wants to be out there.

TJastal
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
I think the Spurs will come out and focus on getting RJ involved early. They will try to get him in the lane for some easy layups and dunks.

Hill, I think is too injured. He looks like he is trying to force himself to play. Maybe he should sit game 2 out. I would rather have him for the two home games, it is easier to play on a bad ankle in front of your own fans.

Blair needs to get more minutes. Dallas bigs were scoring over Dice and Bonner. Blair plays with way more fire and is capable of puting up double digit points and that is what this team needs. If Bonner comes out and hits his first three then let him play, when he starts to miss 2-3 we need to bench him and go with Blair, way more hustle and heart.

Somebody needs to trip RMJ on his way out from the locker room. He has no business being on the court. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for 3/4 of the season but he just plain sucks. He is mentally weak and has been all year. I would rather see an athletic Temple who wants to be out there.

Ehm......why is it easier to play on a bad ankle in front of a home crowd as opposed to a visitor crowd?

elbamba
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Ehm......why is it easier to play on a bad ankle in front of a home crowd as opposed to a visitor crowd?

You get the thrill of your own home court pushing you. Look at Manu against LA in game 3 I believe in 2008. He could barely walk but he had one great game against the LA in front of the home crowd. Thomas did the same thing when he sprained his ankle. If you watch enough basketball you will see that it happens a lot. There is no scientific evidence to prove this, it is just an observation I have made over the years.

in2deep
04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Spurs will win game 2. I can feel it.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
lol your take is worthless...the Mavs have a better chance of sweeping the Spurs than ya'll winning in 5...get real homer

You get real, I have no respect for the Mavs. What have those ponies ever done? Their like the Texas A&M aggies. They get up against one team all year and the rest of the time they suck. The spurs have proven they can respond to a loss and win on the road. They also have Championship experience and know how to get it done when it matters unlike Dirk and company.

The Spurs are known for winning championships. The Mavs are known for choking. Enjoy your Game 1 championship. Your getting really cocky for a team that has never accomplished anything.

Get ready for a beat down in game 2.

Shank
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
You get real, I have no respect for the Mavs. What have those ponies ever done? Their like the Texas A&M aggies. They get up against one team all year and the rest of the time they suck. The spurs have proven they can respond to a loss and win on the road. They also have Championship experience and know how to get it done when it matters unlike Dirk and company.

The Spurs are known for winning championships. The Mavs are known for choking. Enjoy your Game 1 championship. Your getting really cocky for a team that has never accomplished anything.

Ok.

Ignore all the recent games between these two teams and how Dallas is a bad matchup for San Antonio. That's what really matters, not the pedigree. Whatever floats your boat. Does that championship experience solve who is supposed to guard Dirk? Because until it does, you're fucked.

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 03:31 PM

LMAO is this clown for real...surely he or she can't be such a dumbass. "Get ready for a beat down". HAHAHAA good one...like I'm going be affected by a stupid basketball game which I have no control over

Anyway, we all know the Spurs ain't beating down a damn thing...if they win it'll be a close game. Also, talking about past championships means jack shit now dummy...keep sticking to the past as your team gets owned in the present lol

DubMcDub
04-19-2010, 03:32 PM

1. Take care of the ball

2. Rebound

You should probably just go ahead and stick with your prediction of Spurs in 4. That has almost as much chance to happen as Spurs in 5 at this point.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Ok.

Ignore all the recent games between these two teams and how Dallas is a bad matchup for San Antonio. That's what really matters, not the pedigree. Whatever floats your boat. Does that championship experience solve who is supposed to guard Dirk? Because until it does, you're fucked.

The Spurs will make adjustments. Dirk has one game and now Mavs fans think they have the second coming of Michael Jordan. Players have gone off on the spurs before. Dirk and Butler are far from being the hardest challenge Tim Duncan and Company have had to overcome. In a series adjustments are made. The Spurs definitely have not thrown everything they have at Dirk yet. Dirk is a great player, but he can be stopped.

I believe the Mavs have more to worry about (a healthy Big Three) than the Spurs do.

Oh and yeah winning those championships was awesome and what I learned from watching this team over the years is not to ever count them out. We have faced teams before that looked like a bad matchup after one game, but then everything comes together. Don't underestimate Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, these guys can will this team to victory despite how bad everyone else plays.

I'm just saying don't get too cocky too quick.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
LMAO is this clown for real...surely he or she can't be such a dumbass. "Get ready for a beat down". HAHAHAA good one...like I'm going be affected by a stupid basketball game which I have no control over

Anyway, we all know the Spurs ain't beating down a damn thing...if they win it'll be a close game. Also, talking about past championships means jack shit now dummy...keep sticking to the past as your team gets owned in the present lol

Mav fans are all the same. NOW NOW NOW NOW. I take great pride in the past. I'm not saying I don't care about now, but I am very proud of what the spurs have accomplished. I agree that it is just a stupid basketball game their are way more important things, but I enjoy watching.

That being said I feel pretty confident the spurs will come out with something to prove in game 2.

Shank
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
The Spurs will make adjustments. Dirk has one game and now Mavs fans think they have the second coming of Michael Jordan. Players have gone off on the spurs before. Dirk and Butler are far from being the hardest challenge Tim Duncan and Company have had to overcome. In a series adjustments are made. The Spurs definitely have not thrown everything they have at Dirk yet. Dirk is a great player, but he can be stopped.

I believe the Mavs have more to worry about (a healthy Big Three) than the Spurs do.

Oh and yeah winning those championships was awesome and what I learned from watching this team over the years is not to ever count them out. We have faced teams before that looked like a bad matchup after one game, but then everything comes together. Don't underestimate Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, these guys can will this team to victory despite how bad everyone else plays.

I'm just saying don't get too cocky too quick.

How do they stop Dirk? Double-team? He's seen it before. Triple? Not likely. Throw someone different at him? He'd kill Blair and Ian. Duncan can't do it. No one has said anything about him being remotely "Jordanesque", but you have to understand he's one of the best players of all-time, that Mavs fans have seen this level of play over the years, we know what to expect and that your team doesn't have anyone that can guard him.

Mavs won't underestimate the Spurs Big 3. In game one, those 3 got theirs and still lost. Until there's someone to defend Dirk, as mentioned, and another body to step up and pick up the scoring slack, it's going to fall in the Mavs favor in a hurry. As of now, you have neither.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
You should probably just go ahead and stick with your prediction of Spurs in 4. That has almost as much chance to happen as Spurs in 5 at this point.

No, i'll just stick with my original spurs in 5.

DubMcDub
04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
No, i'll just stick with my original spurs in 5.

And I'll stick with my original prediction as well: Milwaukee Bucks, 2009-2010 NBA Champions.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
How do they stop Dirk? Double-team? He's seen it before. Triple? Not likely. Throw someone different at him? He'd kill Blair and Ian. Duncan can't do it. No one has said anything about him being remotely "Jordanesque", but you have to understand he's one of the best players of all-time, that Mavs fans have seen this level of play over the years, we know what to expect and that your team doesn't have anyone that can guard him.

Mavs won't underestimate the Spurs Big 3. In game one, those 3 got theirs and still lost. Until there's someone to defend Dirk, as mentioned, and another body to step up and pick up the scoring slack, it's going to fall in the Mavs favor in a hurry. As of now, you have neither.

Well for now I will leave stopping Dirk to Coach Pop. He has a way better idea of how to than me. Dirk is not going to shoot as good as he did in game one every game and he won't get the calls every game. It was an eight point game. Their are other thing the spurs can do to stop him that they haven't tried. Double team, get up in his face be physical and make him take the ball to the basket where tim is waiting, try blair/ian, maybe we give Malik Hairston a try. I don't know, but I do have faith in Pop.

Dirk is a great player your right, but all-time greats get rings and lead their teams to those rings.

The series is young and Pop will look to get someone else involved offensively in game 2. Their are plenty of options. Hill, Jefferson, McDyess,
Blair, maybe Bonner(doubt it)

Shank
04-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Well for now I will leave stopping Dirk to Coach Pop. He has a way better idea of how to than me. Dirk is not going to shoot as good as he did in game one every game and he won't get the calls every game. It was an eight point game. Their are other thing the spurs can do to stop him that they haven't tried. Double team, get up in his face be physical and make him take the ball to the basket where tim is waiting, try blair/ian, maybe we give Malik Hairston a try. I don't know, but I do have faith in Pop.

Dirk is a great player your right, but all-time greats get rings and lead their teams to those rings.

The series is young and Pop will look to get someone else involved offensively in game 2. Their are plenty of options. Hill, Jefferson, McDyess,
Blair, maybe Bonner(doubt it)

Pop can't do anything to Dirk that he hasn't already seen to this point in his career. Blair and Ian? Not a chance. Young kids rarely have a place in the playoffs, no less against one of the top players in the league.

Hill is gimpy. Jefferson sucks. McDyess is old and good for no more than 8-10 points. Blair is outmatched and doesn't serve well next to Duncan. He'll be killed out there. Bonner is limited and sucks. What else?

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Pop can't do anything to Dirk that he hasn't already seen to this point in his career. Blair and Ian? Not a chance. Young kids rarely have a place in the playoffs, no less against one of the top players in the league.

Hill is gimpy. Jefferson sucks. McDyess is old and good for no more than 8-10 points. Blair is outmatched and doesn't serve well next to Duncan. He'll be killed out there. Bonner is limited and sucks. What else?

So your saying Dirk has never been stopped?

As for the scoring I believe Hill is fine, he just needs to get his confidence back. Jefferson does not suck. I actually think he showed some signs in game 1, but got in foul trouble. McDyess has experience and can be great in the pick and roll. Blair just proved less than a week ago he can score on the Mavs in beastly fashion. Bonner does suck, but I always hold out hope that he will have one great playoff game in his career(pipe dream.)

Shank
04-19-2010, 04:24 PM
So your saying Dirk has never been stopped?

As for the scoring I believe Hill is fine, he just needs to get his confidence back. Jefferson does not suck. I actually think he showed some signs in game 1, but got in foul trouble. McDyess has experience and can be great in the pick and roll. Blair just proved less than a week ago he can score on the Mavs in beastly fashion. Bonner does suck, but I always hold out hope that he will have one great playoff game in his career(pipe dream.)

He hasn't been stopped by the Spurs. He's learned from all the problems that plagued him in the 2007 GS series. He has a more complete, all-around game at this point in his career.

Hill needs to overcome his injury first. Tony doesn't look 100% and able to explode, either.

C'mon now, Jefferson sucks.

McDyess may have something, but is Pop willing to give him major minutes at this point in his career?

Blair did it in a scrub regular season game. There's no way he goes off for 27/23 now. Besides, Pop understands the role of a rookie in the postseason. If Blair is getting major minutes, it's one of the last cards he's trying to play. He also doesn't operate as well next to Duncan. He'll have to be his first replacement off the bench if anything.

clambake
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
i think all this mavfan bravado is a bit premature.

jjktkk
04-19-2010, 04:41 PM

I like how you straddle the fence Amarelooms. In quite a few posts, you like to say who cares, because basketball is a stupid game. So if the Mavs win you can talk junk, but when they lose, you can throw out the "basketball is a stupid game". Very clever. LOL, I also like the past championships means jack shit comment you made. Fans of teams that never won shit, usually like to throw that lame comment out there.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 04:44 PM
He hasn't been stopped by the Spurs. He's learned from all the problems that plagued him in the 2007 GS series. He has a more complete, all-around game at this point in his career.

Hill needs to overcome his injury first. Tony doesn't look 100% and able to explode, either.

C'mon now, Jefferson sucks.

McDyess may have something, but is Pop willing to give him major minutes at this point in his career?

Blair did it in a scrub regular season game. There's no way he goes off for 27/23 now. Besides, Pop understands the role of a rookie in the postseason. If Blair is getting major minutes, it's one of the last cards he's trying to play. He also doesn't operate as well next to Duncan. He'll have to be his first replacement off the bench if anything.

Dirk has gotten better, but the spurs have not shown all their cards yet and their are ways/options to limiting him. Like I said it is only game 1 and Pop will make the adjustments. If Butler and Dirk don't have great games the spurs probably win. So maybe you focus more on stopping Butler, Terry, and Kidd and let Dirk have his.

Hill needs confidence his ankle looked fine. Tony isn't 100%, but don't let that fool you because he can still be very effective.

You might be right on Jefferson, but he has playoff experience and he did a good job rebounding in game 1 so he is not completely useless.

Pop has too either give McDyess major minutes or play Blair 20-25 minutes because the Bonner experiment is failing. He will watch the tape and see that he has no other choice. He saw in game 1 small ball isn't going to be effective.

nkdlunch
04-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Spurs got game 2 easily. I would not be surprised if they win by blowout

Shank
04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Spurs got game 2 easily. I would not be surprised if they win by blowout

Vegas may be on your side a bit.

G1's line was Mavs -5
G2s is sitting at Mavs -3.5 today

rascal
04-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Whats so funny about it you did only win by 6, should of been 20+.
We can't play any worse and yet the Mavs couldn't deal a 20 point drumming to us, if they did maybe then I wouldn't have been feeling to good about the rest of the series.

of course the spurs can play much worse. They can shoot much worse.

The spurs have major holes on the roster, in the frontcourt. Dallas is a better rounded team.

The season was lost when the spurs did nothing to improve at the trade deadline.

scottspurs
04-19-2010, 04:58 PM

G1's line was Mavs -5

Uh-oh is Tim Donaghy set to ref game 2?

MAZTEXAS
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
spurs n 6

DubMcDub
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM

G1's line was Mavs -5

G1 line ended at -4, so not much difference.

DMX7
04-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Yea, baby. Yea!

elbamba
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM

This is what I was talking about.

scottspurs
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM

1. Take care of the ball

2. Rebound

:lmao Amarelooms