PDA

View Full Version : A thread for those who are reasonable

Halberto
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM
If you're going to blow up from this one game, please refrain from posting your knee jerk reactions here. There are enough of those already flooding this forum.

This is going to be a long series... This was game one in DALLAS! With all the things that didn't go our way, Spurs fans should be relieved in was as close as it was. There were plenty of reasons for optimism, this scenario likely won't happen consistently:

insane FT differential
stupid, STUPID turnovers
unproductive bench
Duncan's level of play looks as expected, dominant
defense couldn't be any worse going forward

It's just unreasonable to take this loss so harshly, relax and wait for game two.

TE
04-18-2010, 10:43 PM
It's easy to put it that way. But one of those things on your 'reasons' that we should stay optimistic shouldn't be a factor. When another team shoots 20 more free throws, it is clearly indicative that you have every right to lose the game amid playing a great game. So I will disagree with you slightly.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree.

This is game 1 IN Dallas. I just hope GHILL will be fine for Game 2, he didn't play well AT ALL today.

KaiRMD1
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
You know what the best part about this series is? The spurs aren't supposed to win it. there's nothing more comforting than that, the Spurs are not supposed to win it. The fact that what i saw tonight showed that a team that is "as old as dirt" still almost come up with the win, despite the amount of free throws the mavs had still makes me laugh.

I repeat, the Spurs are not supposed to win it..........yet we still fight. gotta love the Spurs, always know when to turn it on. GO SPURS GO!

Oh, Gee!!
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I think they can win game 2, but I doubt they will win the series.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 10:57 PM
I repeat, the Spurs are not supposed to win it..........yet we still fight. gotta love the Spurs, always know when to turn it on. GO SPURS GO!

Underachieving all year to sneak in as a 7th seed doesn't seem very comforting when writing off playoff losses.

OldSilentHill
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
If you're going to blow up from this one game, please refrain from posting your knee jerk reactions here. There are enough of those already flooding this forum.

This is going to be a long series... This was game one in DALLAS! With all the things that didn't go our way, Spurs fans should be relieved in was as close as it was. There were plenty of reasons for optimism, this scenario likely won't happen consistently:

insane FT differential
stupid, STUPID turnovers
unproductive bench
Duncan's level of play looks as expected, dominant
defense couldn't be any worse going forward

It's just unreasonable to take this loss so harshly, relax and wait for game two.

It's exactly what I think. Mavfans are saying we are not seeing reality, that they are by far the superior team.

I can only laugh at them.

alchemist
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
-leaving Kidd open at the three = fail
-not being able to capitalize after going up 1 in the third = fail
-Parker had Timmy wide open on 2 pick and rolls in the very early moments, crucial buckets not made
-Timmy with some butterfinger moments
-Kidd was outstanding in defending Ginobili's pick and roll games at times.
-Ginobili was amazing, his first bucket of the game showed why the Spurs have a chance in this series.
-Temple should get some burn in the next game, scratch Mason off the list
-More Dice, Manu had him rolling early
-Need more drives from Bonner if he's going to back up Dice.

Avitus1
04-18-2010, 11:08 PM
We will take Game 2 and the series!

rayray2k8
04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I blame the spurs for not being able make some fucking stops!

Waps1980
04-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Just think with all we did wrong (and refs assistance), Hill only playing limited, RJ not rocking up, TD with some sloppy plays, Manu's turnovers etc. We honestly couldn't have done any worse.

And to only get done by 6, the Mavs should feel a little edgy about that.
We had nothing go out way and they couldn't even blow us out their home stadium.

sefant77
04-18-2010, 11:26 PM
I read some of the GDT, with the Mason foul before halftime the thread went nuts. In the replay you see Mason slapping on Dirks arm. There was another Bonner foul where everyone yelled about the refs, in the replay you see Bonners hand hitting Dirks ellbow during the shooting. There wasnt so many bad calls. Spurs got away with Blairs "block" on Haywood or a blatant Gino travel.

Spurs lost because they played with 3.5 players against Mavs and not 5 against 8 like all the guys blaming here.

Specially RJ sucked ass, like Terry. But Mavs had more players to step up.

NFGIII
04-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Just think with all we did wrong (and refs assistance), Hill only playing limited, RJ not rocking up, TD with some sloppy plays, Manu's turnovers etc. We honestly couldn't have done any worse.

And to only get done by 6, the Mavs should feel a little edgy about that.
We had nothing go out way and they couldn't even blow us out their home stadium.

Don't forget the missed layups, too. If the Spurs cut down on their TOs in the first half and make some of those layups we would probably be up by 8 or more. Their D in the first half had the Mavs shooting IIRC 42%.

There is a lot of room for improvement and this is going to be a long series. If the Spurs pull this in game 2 then I will be worried but not now.