PDA

View Full Version : Be honest with yourself, Spurs fan

Oh, Gee!!
04-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Was this a playoffs opener loss that you shrug off and say "the guys in silver and black will figure it out," or or this a loss that you see as the beginning to the end? IOW, do they have 16 more wins in the tank?

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm just concerned about winning this series. This team obviously isn't complete enough to win a title, but who cares? We've got 4 titles, we're playing with house money here.

Oh, Gee!!
04-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I know, but some around here act like you can't be a "true" fan unless you believe that they're going to win it all every season.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm just concerned about winning this series. This team obviously isn't complete enough to win a title, but who cares? We've got 4 titles, we're playing with house money here.

Tell Holt we are playing with house money...he gave away Ratliff to save "house money" after all.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm a Spur fan. I don't consider fans that root for their team to tank the season to get a good draft pick actual fans.

Sounds like mexicanjunior up dere^

I believe that we shot ourselves in the foot, and they played well. We still have a good shot of winning the series though, as this is the NBA. Anything can happen.

DMX7
04-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Tell Holt we are playing with house money...he gave away Ratliff to save "house money" after all.

What's your point? That doesn't even make sense.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
What's your point? That doesn't even make sense.

And your "house money" statement did?

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm a Spur fan. I don't consider fans that root for their team to tank the season to get a good draft pick actual fans.

Good luck with that...I'm sure this first round exit will do more wonders for this team next year than any first round pick could have... :rolleyes

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Good luck with that...I'm sure this first round exit will do more wonders for this team next year than any first round pick could have... :rolleyes

So you write off YOUR team before the series is even over? It was game 1 in Dallas.. Pathetic..

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
So you write off YOUR team before the series is even over? It was game 1 in Dallas.. Pathetic..

Will Bonner, Mason, and Bogans miraculously play better? Will Hill's ankle magically heal? Will Parker stop running in molasses? What is dramatically going to change next game to make you think the result will be different?

LakerHater
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
I was hoping to get the first game but, with all those TOs it seemed impossible!

Maybe winning game 2 & comming home with momentum is whats in store for the Spurs!

Oh, Gee!!
04-18-2010, 11:07 PM

do you think (predict?) that we will win 16 games this post-season and walk away with the trophy? is this loss a warning sign of things to come, or are we fine?

I remember when a playoffs opener loss was par for the course during a championship season. Is this another championship season?

m33p0
04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
how many Game 1 Round 1's had the Spurs lost? did you hang yourself each time that happened?

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Will Bonner, Mason, and Bogans miraculously play better? Will Hill's ankle magically heal? Will Parker stop running in molasses? What is dramatically going to change next game to make you think the result will be different?

We lost by 6.

Dallas shot 20 more free throws than us.

Dallas was at home in game 1.

That is all

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:10 PM
how many Game 1 Round 1's had the Spurs lost? did you hang yourself each time that happened?

Were we ever a 7th seed without home court advantage in those?

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
We lost by 6.

That is all

We were down 12 with 2 minutes to go in the game...losing by 6 after the dogs got called off is not very comforting but feel free to pacify yourself with it.

You didn't answer any of my questions though...typical homerism BS at it's finest.

DontStopBelieving
do you think (predict?) that we will win 16 games this post-season and walk away with the trophy? is this loss a warning sign of things to come, or are we fine?

I remember when a playoffs opener loss was par for the course during a championship season. Is this another championship season?

I don't predict anything. I just believe in my team, and will continue to do so until we are officially out of the title picture.

jack sommerset
IOW, do they have 16 more wins in the tank?

I see Mavs winning 15 more but not the Spews

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
We were down 12 with 2 minutes to go in the game...losing by 6 after the dogs got called off is not very comforting but feel free to pacify yourself with it.

You didn't answer any of my questions though...typical homerism BS at it's finest.

I always laugh at doomsday poster in any type of forums. I believe in my team, as I am a Spurs fan.. If you don't believe in your team, then why are you still here?

LongtimeSpursFan
04-18-2010, 11:14 PM
We lost by 6.

That is all

+1

Both teams are evenly matched. Other than the Lakers, the Mavs are the team that would give us the most difficulty in a series. Saying that....I like our chances against the Mavs.

4lifecowboy
04-18-2010, 11:14 PM
We lost by 6.

That is all

Thank you for saying it. 20 more free throw attempts when we out scored them in points in the paint, just doesn't seem fair.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
I always laugh at doomsday poster in any type of forums. I believe in my team, as I am a Spurs fan.. If you don't believe in your team, then why are you still here?

And I always laugh at the "Believe...it's only April..." posters that stay in denial as Rome crumbles around them. I will always be a Spurs fan and hope for the best but I can't live in fantasy land with you. This team would have been better off trying to improve for next year with a lottery pick than having to be strung up and exposed in the 1st round.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:19 PM
and i always laugh at the "believe...it's only april..." posters that stay in denial as rome crumbles around them. I will always be a spurs fan and hope for the best but i can't live in fantasy land with you. This team would have been better off trying to improve for next year with a lottery pick than having to be strung up and exposed in the 1st round.

lol

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:20 PM
lol

lol indeed...

jjktkk
04-18-2010, 11:22 PM

Minimize the turnovers. Be more aggressive, which will result in more free throws. If I remember correctly, you wanted the Spurs to tank, so they could get in the lottery right Mex. Jr.?

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
lol indeed...

:lol

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Minimize the turnovers. Be more aggressive, which will result in more free throws. If I remember correctly, you wanted the Spurs to tank, so they could get in the lottery right Mex. Jr.?

Absolutely...a little late for that now though. We could have drafted someone to help us make a legit run next year instead of sneaking in as a 7th seed and hoping for every other franchise player in the West to have injuries to give us a chance to advance.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:24 PM

We can do this all night...

jjktkk
04-18-2010, 11:25 PM

Imagine finding Spur homers on a Spurs fan website. Go figure.

Mr. Peabody
Well, I think the Spurs still have the talent to win the series, but I don't see them winning it all this year. They don't have enough big men to match up with the Mavs or Lakers.

DontStopBelieving
lol indeed...

Let me ask you this.
What good does it do you to just write off your own team and root for them to lose?

Why are you even a fan? Hell yeah, I will continue to believe in the Spurs until they are officially eliminated. I am a Spurs fan, and I see no point in making yourself miserable in thinking that the Spurs have no shot..

Just believe.

mexicanjunior
Imagine finding Spur homers on a Spurs fan website. Go figure.

Yeah, not like realists on this board were telling you the problems with this team months ago...oh wait...

jjktkk
04-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Absolutely...a little late for that now though. We could have drafted someone to help us make a legit run next year instead of sneaking in as a 7th seed and hoping for every other franchise player in the West to have injuries to give us a chance to advance.

Thats not how it works. Talk about fantasy.

DontStopBelieving
04-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, not like realists on this board were telling you the problems with this team months ago...oh wait...

Weren't these same "realists" saying that this team wouldn't make the playoffs? Weren't these realists saying we wouldn't win 50 games? You are not a realist, you are simply a "fan" rooting for your team to lose. Pathetic..

Oh and..

:lollol realist

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Let me ask you this.
What good does it do you to just write off your own team and root for them to lose?

Why are you even a fan? Hell yeah, I will continue to believe in the Spurs until they are officially eliminated. I am a Spurs fan, and I see no point in making yourself miserable in thinking that the Spurs have no shot..

Just believe.

I stopped rooting for them to lose when they locked their playoff spot...

I'm a fan that wants to see them legitimately compete for a title and this team as currently constructed is not doing it. The starting point to correct this would be the ability to draft someone that could contribute next year. If that means losing games now to have a chance next year, so be it.

Sorry I can't just "believe" because homers on this board tell me to and threaten to tear up my Spurs "true fan" card. I call it like I see it and this team just doesn't seem to be able to advance to me right now. It would be nice to be wrong but I'm not going to blindly follow them off the cliff and chastise others that see otherwise. You root how you want to root though...I'm not the fan police.

marini martini
04-18-2010, 11:30 PM

Apparently not!:(

:lmao

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Thats not how it works. Talk about fantasy.

That's not how what works? Lottery picks don't have a higher chance of making your team better? What league are you following?

alchemist
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
unless you draft Tim's knees, Parker's ankles and some luck there's not much you're picking up to move these guys up the rankings.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Weren't these same "realists" saying that this team wouldn't make the playoffs? Weren't these realists saying we wouldn't win 50 games? You are not a realist, you are simply a "fan" rooting for your team to lose. Pathetic..

Oh and..

:lollol realist

These same "realists" were pointing out the problems in December that they continue to have now (rebounding, poor play from Mason, Jefferson, Bogans, small ball, etc.). The only difference was we were being responded with "It's only (insert month here) up until the very end when it was obvious this team had dramatically underachieved. Has this team lived up to your expectations? Would winning 1 or 2 games in this first round make this a successful year for you?

You are not a fan, you are a blind homer that sees nothing but silver linings in a team not capable of competing for a title.

:lol "true fan"

mexicanjunior
04-18-2010, 11:37 PM
unless you draft Tim's knees, Parker's ankles and some luck there's not much you're picking up to move these guys up the rankings.

You don't think anyone in the draft could help extend and take pressure off this team next year? Seriously? Plus, you think this first round exit is going to help Tim's knees or Parker's ankles? What good is it doing...honesty...

Leetonidas
04-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Eh, they lost the playoff opener in 2003, 2005, and 2007. We won the title those years. So we'll see what happens.

Death In June
04-18-2010, 11:48 PM
This same shit happened in the Hornets series. Got blown out at all the away games.

alchemist
04-18-2010, 11:51 PM
You don't think anyone in the draft could help extend and take pressure off this team next year? Seriously?
there's some luck involved, you can pick up amazing talent in any round.

Plus, you think this first round exit is going to help Tim's knees or Parker's ankles? What good is it doing...honesty...
rest can't hurt :toast

Mr.Robinson
04-18-2010, 11:52 PM

Idiot.

Oh, Gee!!
04-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Eh, they lost the playoff opener in 2003, 2005, and 2007. We won the title those years. So we'll see what happens.

that's what I'm getting at.

Is this year like those championship years, in your opinion? Or, is this the year that losing Game 1 is a problem?

This same shit happened in the Hornets series. Got blown out at all the away games.

yep, but the next series ended very badly if I recall correctly.

Leetonidas
04-19-2010, 12:01 AM
that's what I'm getting at.

Is this year like those championship years, in your opinion? Or, is this the year that losing Game 1 is a problem?

yep, but the next series ended very badly if I recall correctly.

I can't really answer that question until I see how they play Game 2. If they can take away HCA, then I could see them winning.

Oh, Gee!!
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I could see them winning.

winning what? the series, or the whole thing? I only ask because I remember a time when all of us took for granted that the whole thing was the Spurs to lose.

MaNu4Tres
04-19-2010, 12:06 AM
If Spurs can get through this series, I guarantee they make it to the conference finals and give the Lakers all they can ask for. IMO

Have to get through this one first though starting Wednesday.